AoS 2 - Gutbusters Discussion

Chris Tomlin

I tried this Meeting Engagement list and I really liked it. The Berzerker actually does a lot of work for 100 points. Also feel Ironguts start to feel good when they are in groups of 6. They did a lot of damage. And I got to finally experience their once per game ability. It was okay, not worth having a Ogor run away for in my opinion.

Allegiance: Destruction
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Spearhead
Grimwrath Berzerker (100)
- Allies

Main Body
Tyrant (160)
- Great Gutgouger
- Artefact: Ghyrstrike
Butcher (140)
- Pair of Stump Blades and Great Cauldron
6 x Ogors (240)
- Ogor Clubs or Blades with Iron Fists

Rearguard
6 x Ironguts (360)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 69

21 minutes ago, ryanguy88 said:

@Pitloze,  do Meeting Engagements let you break typical ally rules?  Not sure how you took a Fyreslayer (Order) ally in a Gutbusters(Destruction) list.  Or were ya just doing open play style? 

New Mercenary rules apply to ME as well. He's a merc.

3 hours ago, Walrustaco said:

So was our announcement a prank or what

ᵍᶦᵛᵉ ᵒᵍᵒʳ ᵖˡˢ ᶦ ᵇᵉᵍ

I'm guessing we wont get our teasers until after the confirmed tomes get theirs.

I'll just settle for staring longingly at that tyrant, and hoping their might be a plastic butcher coming down the line xD

• Sad 1

Question for a bit of debate.

What role do we think grots will play in the new book, assuming they stick around that is.

I noticed the, previously only, grot base decoration in the ogor box were put on 25mm bases as their own model. Do you think they may be included in the new ogor warscroll as a unit attachment? 

23 hours ago, Shankelton said:

Question for a bit of debate.

What role do we think grots will play in the new book, assuming they stick around that is.

I noticed the, previously only, grot base decoration in the ogor box were put on 25mm bases as their own model. Do you think they may be included in the new ogor warscroll as a unit attachment? 

Maybe as some sort of source of rerolls for units of Ogors. The little dudes carrying weapons. Maybe something different for the ones carrying meat too. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious, when playing lower point games and using MSU Ogor units what options do people take? Crusher/Bellower/Icon Bearer (in which case Banner or Skull?)? Pressumably in 6man units it's the above with one of each Icon Bearer and 2 normal Ogors? 

Also is it still generally preferable to ignore Iron Fists even in smaller numbers? 

With Mawtribes and the Update to 2.0 im pretty sure ironfist will be unmodified 6+. Since the points didnt change with GH2019 im also expecting more changes across the warscrolls. 

Before you start building something i would wait for the Update. Or just use the ironfist alternatively as second hand weapon so you can have both options as needed.

In the current state I'm joinin Jmason, because ironfists are kinda useless. A smaller squad holding a objective complety in cover might work sometimes, because it triggers on a 5+ then and still on a 6 with 1 rend, but is in most cases the worse option

Always use the full command, because its for free. Champ gets an extra attack while the belower reduces enemy bravery. Im sure when we get the Update to 2.0 we can use 1 banner for every 3 man and the question will be resolved by this. 

At the moment if the enemy has shooting you obviously go for the Banner for the 6++. Against Low- or No-shooting armies you can go for the skull. When combining ogors with ironguts backup, the ironguts banner already got the ability of the skullbanner in theirs included (although im not sure if they would stack. Rolling 2D6 per fleeing model, for every 6 runs another one might be funny and I actually never tried it.). 

Edited by Charly2912

Cheers for the input guys. I mostly play Mixed Destruction but love my 12man Ogor Blob. We're looking to try some smaller points games so I  figured this would be the best place to ask for Ogor advice. ^_^

Buying another box of 6 and building two command groups, one with each banner seems like a plan. 

4 hours ago, MKsmash said:

Anyone think that in October they'll be a Death/ Mawtribes box? Like with the story being that the Ogors being furious at Nagash for whatever spell thingie he did and they're trying to defeat him?

I dont honestly think so.

This death faction is a brand new release. I dont think I've ever seen an army that's brand new get put into a bundle box. Plus, why would they release the ogor tyrant so far ahead of  this duel box when that new model is half the selling point.

I'm forging on with the idea that the only thing will get is this tyrant,  squating some resin, a BCR merge, and a book. Less disappointment that way! Plus, just squating the fine cast and merging still has a ton of options for ogor players.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PensivePanther said:

Rumor Thread: Bone Tithe! Bone Tithe! Bone Tithe!

Me: Mawtribes please.

XD.

Yeah the wait is real. Still going to be a few months to get my guts painted, lore wrote, and on the table but I cant wait for the book so I can read the canon. Will be fun to have the book for discussion and list building finally!