AoS 2 - Gutbusters Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Pulled the Ogors out tonight to try and regain some dignity from the last beating.

Border War in the Realm of Life.

Won the game 22-18 end of turn 5. Ran a modified multiple Tyrant list with more command points. Took lots of pics. Will have the video discussion in the comments. Hope y’all enjoy.

3BD53224-A9C6-4E6B-BAE9-A3E481BB6336.png

EEE17972-54DA-4C2F-95EC-04C3D2CB016D.jpeg

82694538-7AD4-4321-A77C-0C18EB78AC64.jpeg

FD87FB0A-B784-4715-8AF7-8A84382BCD02.jpeg

71EC34B0-3E1A-4CCF-96A2-658DA11D592F.jpeg

6446AC03-5394-4CEE-BCAB-140B062F9922.jpeg

73CF8F79-0963-4159-808C-14F88EC1BD9B.jpeg

FF13F63F-1F34-4CD3-BD50-D12A41DB22D0.jpeg

3482CF47-96FE-4858-9814-F7511F518892.jpeg

C2A613FF-BEDD-4452-A6DE-A0546EAF4CFB.jpeg

24BB6798-3E99-4FFB-AEE5-421F241F2F41.jpeg

196C80C2-7A44-4C12-91EE-32968EA3D249.jpeg

25700B27-5762-4C9D-97C1-A2F4002AFD44.jpeg

7D4C7945-447B-4EE9-8EFA-4BC742A36E1F.jpeg

5BE0455D-9A43-4014-AB23-122F450246F9.jpeg

F208C92E-16E9-4A36-A6FE-98D74C8EE41E.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 11:47 PM, PlasticCraic said:

Nice!  I love that Tyrant Spam has become a thing :D

What did you roll up on the Big Names?

General and another got 2” movement, one got 3+ save, and always the one gets +1 wound. I really like have so many Tyrants. They are a pest. 

Got another game in using the same pack from last game. Played a nasty high speed Nurgle list. This time I changed it up and went with Realm of Fire so I could pick up Stoke Rage and Inferno Blades for my wizards. Made a compromise with the artifact and it was sadly noticeable. Not hitting on 2’s is the damn devil.

Got a few pics in. Won 17-16 end of turn 5. Also will put the video report in the comments.

There is a pic in there with one of my Tyrants fully buffed with Cauldron and spells and did 16 damage to 5 Blightkings. Not the most damage but that’s off a 3+ save Great Weapon dude.

Hope y’all enjoy the pics and vid.

BD3ACC46-5569-4E14-A57E-5A51EDBD6EBB.png

FC6DE01B-2010-49BC-9000-C0DACC2793A7.jpeg

9A1DAEA1-96FA-412D-8572-A14A1EEE7A04.jpeg

44430790-8B60-47AC-83BE-DE7EFF3052DD.jpeg

8A1D7B2B-119F-482B-A8A8-705EEAB7841C.jpeg

EED90417-3B00-43B9-9E62-FCC316C4564D.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Christmas came early boys and girls!!!!!! Lookin good for a Gutbuster tome this year!!!!! Time to finish off my army!

I’m thinking about adding 2 Gorgers for deployment shenanigans and speed. Anyone have any experience fielding one or two of them? Do they do better in pairs?

also, I want to add some artillery in case I feel like going ranged heavy that day. I’m thinking an ironblaster and a scraplauncher so that I can field both, or either one depending on the army I’m facing. Are they too inaccurate to be useful? The ironblaster seems good if you can point it at a unit of 10+ (reroll hits) but the scraplauncher seems really weak only wounding on 4s with no reroll. 

Edited by GutZilla

7 hours ago, Charlo said:

While unconfirmed - the image is really selling me on the idea!!!

Not sure why the bloody Squigs are in the back though :P

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-NewBattletomes27tc

the banner was release when AoS2 drop, they just modified for LVO and covered up Khrone with the weird chaos bloab, the squig could have been a hint for the Gloomspite release

I always though it was weird that they put an Ogor to represented GA destruction when they did the banner and I though it may have meant a Gutbuster maybe on the horizon after the goblin release

I really like the normal Tyrant model, but I'd only use 1. maybe 2 (it does have a lot of customization for a metal/resin hero) 
Other than that, look at the whole range of maneaters, see if there are any you like. Either their current weapons match what you want to use them as, or you have to do a little conversion. 
some people like the Megaboss model for a Tyrant. I think that can be pretty good too.
Only thing I don't like is rank and file ogor bodies for Tyrants.  Those poses just don't say "Hero" to me.  I know a lot of people really don't like resin or metal, so I agree the options there are very limited.  Hope for a plastic hero and a battletome! 

8 hours ago, Charlo said:

While unconfirmed - the image is really selling me on the idea!!!

Not sure why the bloody Squigs are in the back though :P

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-NewBattletomes27tc

I think the reason is spelled out in the picture - "new battletome for every grand alliance" - meaning updated Order, Chaos, Death and Destruction battletomes.

But a gutbuster in the foreground is certainly a big hint that they are being remembered by GW! ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, svnvaldez said:

My feeling is that we will not see a "new battletome for every grand alliance" and what was meant is Destro will be getting a battletome such as Ogres. But that's just a feeling no evidence.

of course destruction only has one up to date BT right now and chance are there will eventually have to be an Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz, and BCR release too. But Gutbusters probably has a good of a chance as any of the other destruction factions to get one. maybe the banner is hinting it the next one but who knows

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

the banner is hinting it the next one but who knows

I at first thought that the banner was surefire confirmation of gutbusters coming. But someone pointed out that those pictures (other than chaos) are taken straight from the core book. The destruction one is on page 200 in the Forces of Destruction section. So I'm with you, who knows.

9 minutes ago, svnvaldez said:

I at first thought that the banner was surefire confirmation of gutbusters coming. But someone pointed out that those pictures (other than chaos) are taken straight from the core book. The destruction one is on page 200 in the Forces of Destruction section. So I'm with you, who knows.

well it possible that they choice those images from the book for a reason, like the Chaos blob use to be Blades of Khorne on the original banner before the LVO review and Khorne just got an update. I guess it just remain hopeful that it  will eventually happen but temper expectation on when it happens (this year or next)

honestly the Gutbuster range is pretty solid for the most part it just need rules and a plastic hero

• Like 2

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Honestly the Gutbuster range is pretty solid for the most part it just need rules and a plastic hero

In a perfect world, Guts would get a Daughters sized release with endless spells and Maw terrain.

Though, honestly, I wouldn't mind the spells being prayers instead.  Worship seems to fit them a bit better then magic.

The troops range is just so solid. A great foundation just like Daughters had.

Edit: Oh, and retire the Gorger and Butcher w/o cauldron. Hate those sculpts xD

Edited by Shankelton

1 hour ago, Shankelton said:

In a perfect world, Guts would get a Daughters sized release with endless spells and Maw terrain.

Though, honestly, I wouldn't mind the spells being prayers instead.  Worship seems to fit them a bit better then magic.

The troops range is just so solid. A great foundation just like Daughters had.

Edit: Oh, and retire the Gorger and Butcher w/o cauldron. Hate those sculpts xD

In a Perfect world, the Ironblaster would actually function like an Artillery piece and hits it target sometimes

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

One of the smaller things that might be nice about having a battletome is that we would have battalions. Hopefully they would be useable, but unless some other way to do so appears between now and whenever (or if ever) our battletome appears, then battalions are the only way we get more than 1 artefact.

Right now most of us just load up a single tyrant with gutgouger and ghyrstrike, but we could end up having awesome butcher cauldron artefacts or other cool stuff.

Btw while I'm here talking artefacts. Has anyone tried the Hysh artefact 'Blade of Symmetry'? Specifically on a dual weapon tyrant to give them 6 damage 3 attacks? I know the range is lower and rend too, so I guess you could do it on a massive ogor club instead and be hitting as hard as a mawkrushas fists. Then put wild fury into the mix and well, you get the idea. Our head fatties hit hard.

On 2/8/2019 at 7:38 PM, Walrustaco said:

For people who run armies with 3+ Tyrants in their lists, like @James S, what models do you use as your Tyrants? I only have 2 right now, those are the Bragg the Gutsman and Golgfag Maneater models. Not sure I like the generic Tyrant model, looks a bit flat and outdated.

A mix of maneaters and a converted Irongut (got 4 in the box so wanted to do something useful with it. 

On 2/9/2019 at 12:57 PM, Walrustaco said:

Right now most of us just load up a single tyrant with gutgouger and ghyrstrike, but we could end up having awesome butcher cauldron artefacts or other cool stuff.

With GW removing different weapon options on the Skaven Warlord to match the models I have a sneaky suspicion the Gutgouger might not be long for this faction if we get a tome. Luckily the models are so cool I can't imagine them dropping the maneaters so the model would have a home there. 

7 minutes ago, Kramer said:

With GW removing different weapon options on the Skaven Warlord to match the models I have a sneaky suspicion the Gutgouger might not be long for this faction if we get a tome. Luckily the models are so cool I can't imagine them dropping the maneaters so the model would have a home there. 

I thought they did that because the other weapon options weren't on models that are currently available to buy from GW?

Unless they phase out our lovely finecast models (better not gw I'll find you) then the option might remain. 

It is kinda weird how the tyrant warscroll has a weapon option based off the magic weapon of an older WHFB special character and the only model truly representing that option is said characters model under the label of an entirely different unit.

Golgfag too. I use both as tyrants. £23 each, hell yeah I'm using them as characters.

52 minutes ago, Kramer said:

But gw does sell the gutgouger model... it's listed as a maneater but that  is the model they are referring to on the tyrant warscroll. If there are no plastic heroes coming, they will probably just rename that model tyrant.(so 2 tyrant models)

1 hour ago, sorokyl said:

But gw does sell the gutgouger model... it's listed as a maneater but that  is the model they are referring to on the tyrant warscroll. If there are no plastic heroes coming, they will probably just rename that model tyrant.(so 2 tyrant models)

They might, I personally don’t think so. But again I’m guessing here. So it’s all up for grabs. 

1 hour ago, Walrustaco said:

I thought they did that because the other weapon options weren't on models that are currently available to buy from GW

No most other options are still available as far as I can see.