AoS 2 - Moonclan Discussion

Chris Tomlin

13 hours ago, Lucio said:

Personally I'm expecting big things from the Moonclan release including

Plastic Squigs and Squig herders

Fungus Troggoths

Grot Scutlings

I would also assume that Moonclan may  get a  big expensive monster model since every prominent AoS model release so far has had one outside of SC Vanguard and Fyreslayer. my bet would be a Squig Dragon or giant Troggoth

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, novakai said:

I would also assume that Moonclan may  get a  big expensive monster model since every prominent AoS model release so far has had one outside of SC Vanguard and Fyreslayer. my bet would be a Squig Dragon or giant Troggoth

Magmadroth is a big expensive monster model. And SCE already had 2 big models with another one planned. So yes, definitely expect one for moonclan 

2 hours ago, novakai said:

Not convinced, Moonclan aren't a centre-piece type army, though the giant spider is looking like it's remaining in the rapidly diminishing range of models available, plus the Mangler Squig and Collossol squigs are still a thing.

7 minutes ago, Lucio said:

Not convinced, Moonclan aren't a centre-piece type army, though the giant spider is looking like it's remaining in the rapidly diminishing range of models available, plus the Mangler Squig and Collossol squigs are still a thing.

Squigs, troggoths, arachnaroks(if spiderfang rolled in).  Squigs particularly we know they are branching out.  Stalagmite squigs?? Literally Anything can be a squig.  You don't think gw wants to tell you 2 large sprues for $130?   Colossal squig is fw, mangler is resin and "no longer available". Neither can be at brick and mortar stores.  GW is predictable. There are patterns. 

2 hours ago, sorokyl said:

Magmadroth is a big expensive monster model. And SCE already had 2 big models with another one planned. So yes, definitely expect one for moonclan 

the Magmadroth is smaller and cheaper then the usual $110 to $140  centerpiece models but yeah I guess they do count.

if we judge by what they did with Maggotkin of Nurgle last year, we may possibly get a trailer on Christmas day so we probably find out soon about what in the release.

6 hours ago, novakai said:

the Magmadroth is smaller and cheaper then the usual $110 to $140  centerpiece models but yeah I guess they do count.

if we judge by what they did with Maggotkin of Nurgle last year, we may possibly get a trailer on Christmas day so we probably find out soon about what in the release.

This is my hope. There's definitely something at the end of this advent event. Perhaps we get the trailer on christmas like Nurgle, then they have brass tacs on their January 5th event to explain everything. Give a first good explanation of the trailer and what to expect, having given us a few days to gush and hype ourselves up with the trailer.

On 12/20/2018 at 12:14 PM, pseudonyme said:

/summon @Thomas Lyons  I did no quite get what you were saying on the last warhammer weekly: did you say that Moonclan might be a small release ?

Indeed, current rumors are pointing towards a limited release.  Think something like 2-3 kits and maybe a couple characters, with some of the base kits preserved (like the current Grots).  I would expect those couple kits to be dual kits (like squigs & herders and squig riders being a dual kit) but don't expect 5+ full kits. Release (or preorder) should be Jan 5th.

Edit: To be clear, my predictions would be something like this (full conjecture here, no evidence):

• Squig dual kit - Squigs with herders // Squig Riders
  • Large Squig kit - probably a monster with maybe a rider/handler, probably a named character
  • Grot Scuttlings kit - to bridge Moonclan with Spiderfang (if they get rolled in together). Alternatively, this could be trolls or a creatures of the caves type of kit with alternate squigs, etc. 
  • Moonclan Spells which would certainly include a Badmoon model.
  • 2-3 Character packs, maybe a squig mounted hero.

24 minutes ago, novakai said:

Hmm the January white dwarf doesn’t look like there anything on Moonclan which I find strange

i not sure if it that mean the actual release is in late January

The reveal is in 2 days. (Day 7 of image, lines up with Xmas, matches last year, etc).  How long could they go between reveal and release? 2-3 weeks top.   

1 minute ago, sorokyl said:

The reveal is in 2 days. (Day 7 of image, lines up with Xmas, matches last year, etc).  How long could they go between reveal and release? 2-3 weeks top.   

Going by previous releases trends, the initial DoK trailer was release on jan 25 but the preorder was around Febuary 24th (DoK had a headliner on the White dwarf in March), Deepkin was also about a month between trailer and preorders, and Nighthaunt and SC where about two months mainly because it was AoS 2.0.

Nurgle was kind of an outlier because the preorder happen around 2 weeks after the Christmas trailer but they also got a headliner on the January White dwarf tome so.

So it is possible that Moonclan is a late January release of course I am only assuming base on how White Dwarf tends to cover GW releases usually.

I’d almost bet the mortgage on the following:  

FIVE kits. 

New fanatics 

New plastic squig/hopper multikit

A Fungoid shrine

a new plastic mangler/named character (center piece)

And new sourbreath troggoths

The book will encompass moonclan, troggoths, and spiderfang. 

My guess is we’ll know if any/all of this is true within a week. 

11 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

They cover them if they have been revealed before the issue comes out. Pictures of the contents are already on the web so the timing was not right for moonclan. I doubt they delay a model release for the sake of the magazine. 

Not delay, more like it was always schedule that way. Usual model release are about a month after the trailer anyway. Only Nurgle was an outlier 

Edit; if the preorder was on the fifth, they could have delayed the white dwarf reveal until after the teaser which would have made more sense

1 hour ago, mcbrain said:

I’d almost bet the mortgage on the following:  

FIVE kits. 

New fanatics 

New plastic squig/hopper multikit

A Fungoid shrine

a new plastic mangler/named character (center piece)

And new sourbreath troggoths

The book will encompass moonclan, troggoths, and spiderfang. 

My guess is we’ll know if any/all of this is true within a week. 

I can't imagine there will be new fanatics. Sure the warband one is a pretty big departure from the curret skew, but the fanatics are plastic and fit the theme to a good degree.

Though a Centre piece (hoping some kinda insect/ millipede if they are bringing in spiderfang), squig/hopper multikit and troggoths to replace the Rockgut, if not the sourbreath, are solid speculation. Add on a box of endless spells and I think that's my guess. Not a huge fan of the spiderriders model wise, but the arachnarok is a gorgeous model. Wouldn't be at all displeased if they merged it in! Will just need to model hoods on the scuttlings xD.

Doubtful for the rest though! xD

Archived