AoS 2 - Moonclan Discussion

Chris Tomlin

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 5th is also the New Year's Open Day at Warhammer World so a good platform to show off some new Moonclan models that would be due to release over the following couple of weeks.

I'm planning to take Moonclan to next year's Blood & Glory Warhammer Achievements event so the quicker they drop, the better for me . I don't want to be painting 2500 points in 2 months again! 

2 hours ago, divineauthority said:

January 5th is also the New Year's Open Day at Warhammer World so a good platform to show off some new Moonclan models that would be due to release over the following couple of weeks.

I'm planning to take Moonclan to next year's Blood & Glory Warhammer Achievements event so the quicker they drop, the better for me . I don't want to be painting 2500 points in 2 months again! 

I'm suspecting the same.

I really hope they release in january, as I have a grand tournament coming up in february, and I'm banking on being able to bring a moonclan force to it :D Fingers crossed! 

On 11/30/2018 at 3:49 PM, novakai said:

if it true that the Battle tome comes out on Jan 5, I expect a lot of previews and stuff from Warhammer Community during the later half of December to promote it (probably Christmas Promos like what they did with Nurgle).

I don't really expect a lot of previews at all.  As an army release they (as much as we like them) aren't really a big deal, in the grand scheme of things.

I'd love to see lots and lots of articles happen, but I am sure we will simply get a trailer on Warhammer TV, a few painting videos by Duncan, and a Community blog post.

Cool stuff, but nothing out of GW's way - especially since it is competing with all the end of the year shenanigans

Just noticed this on Black Library website, can't tell if it was a misspell with fyreslayer though, words are emboldened.

THE STORY
Throughout the Realmgate Wars, Sigmar’s centuries long crusade against Chaos in the Mortal Realms, there has never been a hero like Hamilcar Bear-Eater, famed Lord Castellant of the Astral Templars. Would Gardus have charged headlong into the stronghold of Uxor Untamed with a mere handful of warrior at his back? Would Vandus have had the foresight or magnetism to drink himself euphoric, start a war with the Skarabrak lodge, and then wake come morning to a sore head and fifty thousand moonclan berserkers avowed to Sigmar’s cause? No. Only Hamilcar. But when an ancient skaven warlock with a thirst for godhood turns his attention towards Hamilcar’s divine soul, the Bear-Eater knows he will have to call upon his martial prowess and uncanny wits just to survive. Because his next death could be his last.

4 hours ago, mikethefish said:

I don't really expect a lot of previews at all.  As an army release they (as much as we like them) aren't really a big deal, in the grand scheme of things.

I'd love to see lots and lots of articles happen, but I am sure we will simply get a trailer on Warhammer TV, a few painting videos by Duncan, and a Community blog post.

Cool stuff, but nothing out of GW's way - especially since it is competing with all the end of the year shenanigans

every battletome has gotten previews on WarCom even small ones like BoC, also actual model releases for the main games generally get the spotlight. I think minimuly it should be the same level of coverage as Maggotkin or DoK

On 12/2/2018 at 4:05 PM, PlasticCraic said:

What I've heard is that will be the day you have the book in your hands.  2nd hand info so take it or leave it, but I'm optimistic :D

That would mean an announcement way before and the pre-order going up in December. How reliable is the person you are getting the info from?

22 hours ago, mDaro said:

That would mean an announcement way before and the pre-order going up in December. How reliable is the person you are getting the info from?

People smarter than me (including @mDaro) have pointed out that the timelines are a real squeeze and probably not realistic. 

That being the case I might have passed on dud info, in which case I apologize.

I think realistically, earliest release scenario for the BT would be revealed around the last week of December or the New Year Weekender and released mid to late January like with Nurgle or Tzeentch of the previous year. the latest release senario would probably be a full reveal at LVO and full release during mid to late February. 

I'd be surprised if they didn't show off Moonclan tome on Jan 5. Likely that'll be the date for people to get a good look on what to expect, with preorders being later in the month. Would also suspect W&R being up first, since they've already done the teasing and reveals for that.

Optimistic prediction for Jan. 5? W&R preoder, Moonclan robust reveal of models and teasing Battletome contents, and perhaps some teaser/ Rumor fuel for what to expect after Moonclan are released later in the month to get people talking.

On 12/5/2018 at 12:38 AM, Local_Goat said:

To be fair, Moonclan Berserkers would be sick as hell

Hahaha, must be the effect of a legendary mushroom.. 

Like once a game ability, immune to damage, increase all damage from this unit and then each model roll a d6, on a 3+ it dies. 

Somehow I wish for all moonclan special ability to be one time use and mushroom based. 

6 hours ago, Shankelton said:

I'd be surprised if they didn't show off Moonclan tome on Jan 5. Likely that'll be the date for people to get a good look on what to expect, with preorders being later in the month. Would also suspect W&R being up first, since they've already done the teasing and reveals for that.

Optimistic prediction for Jan. 5? W&R preoder, Moonclan robust reveal of models and teasing Battletome contents, and perhaps some teaser/ Rumor fuel for what to expect after Moonclan are released later in the month to get people talking.

Greenskinz are very popular with the older fans. And the collectors. They will certainly milk it well with a good marketing plan.

So far there's nothing to show their intention to release it in Jan. First quarter? Definitely. Yet so far out seems to be not a Jan released. 

If you see nothing from now till Christmas, expect it to be in February or March. Maybe even April if we are unlucky. 

1 hour ago, gnaleinad said:

Greenskinz are very popular with the older fans. And the collectors. They will certainly milk it well with a good marketing plan.

So far there's nothing to show their intention to release it in Jan. First quarter? Definitely. Yet so far out seems to be not a Jan released. 

If you see nothing from now till Christmas, expect it to be in February or March. Maybe even April if we are unlucky. 

Honestly can't see it taking that long. Why release the Destruction Rising teaser so early if they had no intention of showing off anything until February or later? Jan 5, at the event, would have been slotted for the reveal if that were the case. Considering GW has been hitting the January cadence with Tzeentch and Nurgle it seems unlikely to stop that now. 

Could be right of course, I'm fairly new to the hobby so I haven't got the release rhythm quite down yet. Likely won't see the preorders until a few weeks later, but Jan 5 would be their date to start the year off strong with a substantial roadmap/ showcase.

Archived