AoS 2 - Moonclan Discussion

Chris Tomlin

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, mDaro said:

Make sure you change the riders on those spiders!!!

Spider Riders WIP.jpg

Wow, those look unbelievable. Like omg. I never even thought to do that. And I’m not going to use them once I get more moonclan units. There only there because that’s what I have to fill out 1,000 pts.

On 11/16/2018 at 1:00 PM, Killacat said:

Wow, those look unbelievable. Like omg. I never even thought to do that. And I’m not going to use them once I get more moonclan units. There only there because that’s what I have to fill out 1,000 pts.

I have 30 ready to paint. Im hoping for some solid mixed Moonclan rules and and bump on the spider warscroll.

13 minutes ago, morialord said:

The Squig sets have disappeared from the Australian store and the Mangler Squig and Skarsnik are both temporarily unavailable.  The Herder sets and Hoppers are still available at this time.

Stuff goes in and out of stock all the time on the webstore, and it varies by region. I can still buy mangler squigs on en-US site, and both cave squigs too.   For me the Herders and Warboss on Great Cave squig are out of stock

What does it all mean?  It means that people know moonclan is coming and they're buying the old models they like. Nothing more, for now. 

For Skarsnik I would certainly sign up for alerts, and also watch ebay.  I snagged a metal one for $27 USD today (7 day auction even).   if they stop making him he will go up in value, great mini but time for him to pass the torch in the webstore.  

23 hours ago, morialord said:

The Squig sets have disappeared from the Australian store and the Mangler Squig and Skarsnik are both temporarily unavailable.  The Herder sets and Hoppers are still available at this time.

The temporarily out of stock means next to nothing, that happens all the time. 

The squigs being no longer available and now not even showing up in Australia is probably the best indicator that something is happening with squigs. Sure, it could be a rebox with rounds, but I bet they seem like the mostly likely kit in the whole moonclan line to get a new plastic kit.

8 hours ago, bsharitt said:

The temporarily out of stock means next to nothing, that happens all the time. 

The squigs being no longer available and now not even showing up in Australia is probably the best indicator that something is happening with squigs. Sure, it could be a rebox with rounds, but I bet they seem like the mostly likely kit in the whole moonclan line to get a new plastic kit.

In Holland all are in stock except for one of the variants of cave squigs andere skarsnik. Happens all the time.

4 hours ago, Danish Bull said:

How to get the most out of squigs?

i am aware of the herders giving +1 to hit. 

The grot warboss giving a MW on a 6 roll on wounds. 

Are there any spiffy way to boost hit or wounds anymore? 

That’s about it for now but expect changes soon.   For example, I was looking at the warscroll for Zarbag’s Gits from the Underworlds warband and noticed the squig’s profile is the same as the squig hoppers’:  2 attacks at 1 damage instead of 1 attack at D3 damage, and the +1 to hit is built in to the stat line instead of linked to the (new armoires) herder.

On 11/26/2018 at 5:04 PM, Oreaper84 said:

@meet.the.doctor   "Started making some tests for stalagtite bases... how to make a stalagtite of stalagmite 

If it is solid I am starting a mass production and the process of rebasing.. "

What are you using for the material if i may ask?

I am trying to do it out of greestuff and its been a rough go....your way looks ace man

I don’t know the name in english but this is the acrylic stuff you use to cover holes in walls etc. Water it down and that’s it.

Cheapest stuff for bases you will ever get. I used it a lot for scenery. 

After falling off the Australia and NZ stores entirely, Cave Squigs are now sold out and listed as no longer available(as opposed the the temporarily out of stock they usually go to) in the US and Canada. Still seem to be available across Europe, but they could just be draining the stock. Really starting to get my hopes up about plastic Squigs and a battle tome sooner rather than later(I'm thinking January for a release, but we could get announcements as soon as December).

Archived