AoS 2 - Moonclan Discussion

Chris Tomlin

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, novakai said:

I am surprise that Fanatics are 32 mm when the one they come with are 25 mm

Maybe they are reworking the kit with the upcoming Moonclan release and they just decided to update the base size in today’s errata?  While the fanatic kit is still decent it is also one of the oldest plastic kits that they still make.

Otherwise that does seem like quite an odd change.  I also noticed that the Warboss riding a giant squig has decreased in size from what most lists had him at.  In addition, there is no listed base size for the warboss with prodder & giant squig option - so we still have to guess at the appropriate size base for that guy.

1 hour ago, Imperial said:

Lol. They dont changed Grot Warboss CA :D I think i will test some grots with 16 damage per attack at this weekend :D

Yep, and the little ninjagrots trigger that effect at 4+ if they are over 30...

Just now, Petloski said:

Forgive my ignorance, how does that work?

You can stack same effect for 1 unit. Take X Grot Warboss, buff 1 unit and get 1*2*2*2.... and etc. Some ability like this prevent such thing in wording, but i dont see any thing to prevent stack in Grot Warboss CA. Correct me plz if i missed some FAQ about it. 

5 minutes ago, Imperial said:

You can stack same effect for 1 unit. Take X Grot Warboss, buff 1 unit and get 1*2*2*2.... and etc. Some ability like this prevent such thing in wording, but i dont see any thing to prevent stack in Grot Warboss CA. Correct me plz if i missed some FAQ about it. 

As it stands now it stacks. Could be that they change the wording in the warscroll come saturday...

4 minutes ago, Patriark said:

As it stands now it stacks. Could be that they change the wording in the warscroll come saturday...

Yes. I expected what GW give some errrata or FAQ, but.... they dont care about Destruction, so 1 brave grot can kill Archaon or Nagash :D

26 minutes ago, meet.the.doctor said:

Shouldn't they be setup within 1" of a unit? 32mm is more than 25,4mm. Or they are not wholly within..

It would be hilarious if they had wrecked this, but I scoured the warscroll and FAQ and they are still "within" 1", not "wholly within" 1".  So it's not broken.

Bumping up fanatics is quite interesting to me.  Bear in mind that they are one of the only models that have historically always been on a round base in Warhammer Fantasy.  Back then you could never engage a fanatic in combat - they just beat the snot out of anything they touched with their ball & chain and kept bouncing around till they ran into terrain or choked themselves on their chain.  So, that unit has been on round bases for over 25 years now.

So why change the base size now?  I am curious if it is due to an upcoming resculpt.

6 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Yeah they were almost more like an Endless Spell than a unit, even way back then.

When I first read the Moonclan warscrolls I was pretty weirded out by the fact that they fight in combat like a normal unit now.  In fact, it still feels weird to me after playing with fanatics for so many years.  I like how they work now, but I will say that I would like for them to cause some mortal wounds when they complete a charge since they are now very prone to getting killed before they can attack.  They hit really damned hard still though - so I really can't complain too much.  It just feels a bit odd.  Apparently I am just old.

So I’m just getting into Age of Sigmar. I’m hoping on some advice on what to get next? And where to start when it comes to a 1k list. 

I know that what’s next for grots seems unclear but any advice would be appreciated. I have:

Warboss with Moonprodder and squig (Skarsnick)

warboss with dual cutters

warboss with shield

fungoid shaman

shaman 

40 poking spears grots

20 grots in a box not assembled 

6 fanatics 

Since the fanatics scroll says "within 1"", does that mean just one guy has to be within 1", or the entire unit? You could effectively reduce the length of a charge by 4" if you chained your fanatics perpendicularly out of the unit they were hiding in.

I had this discussion with a mate the other day during a game and we couldn't agree so we just diced it. 

59 minutes ago, mcbrain said:

Since the fanatics scroll says "within 1"", does that mean just one guy has to be within 1", or the entire unit? You could effectively reduce the length of a charge by 4" if you chained your fanatics perpendicularly out of the unit they were hiding in.

I read it as the entire unit even though I would like to read it as just one guy. Units of fanatics use to be only one model for 30 points so that's why the wording is a little funky.

There are two very different ways to measure between units.

Wholly within 1" means that every model must be entirely within 1", with no base sticking out past 1".

Within 1" means one  model must have one bit within 1", but the other models can go wherever you like  (as long as each one is within 1" of another).

Yeah dude, one model being within 1" was my side of the argument. His was that each model had to be within 1" (not wholly within, but a piece of each base must be within 1"). Like I said we couldn't agree so we diced it. The dice went in his favor, but it didn't matter as I made the 6" charge and gave his sisters the business. 

It’s the placement of the word “all” in like the second sentence. I don’t have it in front of me but the wording is funny (ie out dated). 

It says something like all must be within 1 inch. The FAQ is making references to releasing all your fanatics at the same time... ppl use to release them one at a time on different turns. It says all must be released and within 1 to address is issue and clarity that you release all your units of 1 model at the same time. Now that’s out dated because units are now 3 for 100 not 1 for 30. So the question is:

is it all units? Or all models?

Its unclear but I lean on the safe side that all means all so all models... like I said thou I’d love it to be all units not all models.

38 minutes ago, RocketSquig said:

New colossal squig summons cave sqiugs when it died and is -1 to hit in combat and can shoot now...also hi long time lurker 1st time poster.

YES!

Just saw this, and it now has a ranged attack, AND a -1 to hit in H2H!

I don’t think the feet had rend before, either!

very happy indeed!

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/aos_warscrolls/Downloads-AoS/aos-warscroll-colossal-squig.pdf

Archived