AoS 2 - Moonclan Discussion

Chris Tomlin

4 minutes ago, CaptainSoup said:

I only add in Destruction because they call the video "Destruction rising" and any other wording on the community post or the video description is vague. It's pretty flimsy reasoning I know but I'm just covering my bases here lol. While Moonclan is clearly involved, they could possibly add in the other tomeless Destruction units as well. Maybe a Fungoid Cave-Shaman managed to rally in other Destruction units together and lead them to glory. Crazier stuff has happened lol. It's all in good fun though. Regardless of what is coming it will help Destruction greatly. 

I first thought that it could possibly be soup based on the video name, but this is probably just them trying to be vague as possible even though they showed the bad moon.  They didn't want to name the video "Upcoming Moonclan Battletome teaser" you know? 

I think moonclan has enough flavor and enough models for their own tome, and I Expect new models  too.    

I still think there could be rules / batallions / etc for brining in other destruction, but the tome will be mostly moonclan. 

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who know they may actually merge the Troggoth with them (either that or they made Moonclan specific Trroggoths) this is just speculation though with Mollog's mob coming soon for nightvault.

I been stating though that the battletome could possibly have a mixed Moonclan-Spiderfang battalion in it.

18 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

I have 60+ unpainted grots that have been waiting for this moment!!

I have been thinking about making mine hodge podge, very dark almost black colors, blue, purple, red, green, brown, mixed with black, with plenty of nuln oil / agrax.   And the hood maybe a lighter color than the robe for each.  I'll use the shields to tie in more (probably brown and/or/black with yellow moon 

What do you guys think? 

For skin tone I like to start with deathworld forest, shade, and then use elysian green and then highlight with elysian green lightned up with some offwhite

I would say for you skin tone instead of an off white use a light flesh tone to mix with your green, and maybe on things like the nose use the flesh and light glaze of red.

I really hoping this is moon clan and friends i.e other grots, troggoths and maybe gargants with some shiny new models (maybe throw in a fun new character or 2)

My hopes is that they'll merge Moonclan, Spiderfang, and Troggoth  together. Then splash in some new squig models. These faction together make up my ideal goblin faction personally. This way they can then merge Greenskinz and Gitmob together since they fit together thematically.

16 minutes ago, novakai said:

Who know they may actually merge the Troggoth with them (either that or they made Moonclan specific Trroggoths) this is just speculation though with Mollog's mob coming soon for nightvault.

I been stating though that the battletome could possibly have a mixed Moonclan-Spiderfang battalion in it.

This

The only reason I keep bringing up a combined Grot book is because of those silly AoS 2.0 previews that also blatantly showed Beasts of Chaos. And GW can be weird about these things. I really only believe that to be like a 10% chance though. But it would certainly help move some more products like spider riders or grot artillery.

And they still haven't Errata the Grot Shaman name problem thing!

9 minutes ago, Mr.Pengwinn said:

This way they can then merge Greenskinz and Gitmob together since they fit together thematically.

My worry though is the BoC problem with that since they have 3 "factions" with little to no cross synergies. (well ok grots also may have this problem unless they update everyone to help out all grots)

Not to mention currently a Greenskin Warboss is an excellent ally to either Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz. And Ironjaw Shamans benefit from any orruks. To me Greenskinz seem to fit the "marauder" archetype to the Ironjaw "chaos warrior".

9 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

I first thought that it could possibly be soup based on the video name, but this is probably just them trying to be vague as possible even though they showed the bad moon.  They didn't want to name the video "Upcoming Moonclan Battletome teaser" you know? 

I think moonclan has enough flavor and enough models for their own tome, and I Expect new models  too.    

I still think there could be rules / batallions / etc for brining in other destruction, but the tome will be mostly moonclan. 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Pengwinn said:

My hopes is that they'll merge Moonclan, Spiderfang, and Troggoth  together. Then splash in some new squig models. These faction together make up my ideal goblin faction personally. This way they can then merge Greenskinz and Gitmob together since they fit together thematically.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. It would help bring some forgotten sub-factions up to speed in a battletome. It will be a nice middle ground. I guess my hope is that they don't leave other Destruction units behind, but that might very well be the case for years to come after this tome release. 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:12 AM, DrDemento said:

This!  Hopefully GW will do a fungus terrain decorating kit like the skulls and leaves little boxes.  Then plastic squigs big and small, and maybe new squigs a la the Shadespire/night vault warband.

the lore card in the garbad Shadespire warband says the fungus is spreading!!!

I hope Moon clan will have his special mushroom field like Nurgle tree or ID boat with some crazy aura effects

I hope they merge all grots into moon clan like some kind of great calling. It seemed to work really well for boc and it would be exciting to take other grots as more than just allies. I do think the book is for moonclan though and not some destruction soup. 

17 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Zarbag's Gitz' fluff card from Underworlds/Nightvault/Shadespire say's he's "spreading the fungus" and the Fungoid Shaman's command ability is broader grot and orruk keyworded and was a broader leader/mobilizer in Malign Portents fluff, so there is space for including old gitmob and greenskinz but they could also just go the way of the free peoples and dispossessed, etc.  I hope they are incorporated in some way but not optimistic.  Troggoths have much higher hopes for inclusion for obvious reasons.  Spiderfang I just don't know about, could be a whole other battletome next year potentially. 

And what about all those rumours of flying grot scuttling ships?   We see a flying squig - maybe giant flying squigs or floating mushroom dirigibles?  

I would really rather it be a full moonclan book. I also hope it involves new models and no finecast repacking. My biggest disappointment with BoC is that there were no new models other than the (admittedly wonderful) herdstone. I grew up with WFB and my first ever model was a goblin spearman but I think it’s more effective when they let AoS be AoS. 

Give me a fungoid army with a cohesive theme rather than a book that’s just a bunch of old stuff repurposed. I mean I painted hundreds of the old common goblin hunchback kit. I am 100% okay with letting that kit phase out haha

1 hour ago, sorokyl said:

"Grotbag scuttlers" or whatever (grot sky pirates) are mentioned in the KO battletome as their rivals. No credible rumors they are coming though

Yeah, as cool as they would be they might just be a lore thing. Or fuel for conversion ideas. 

I think grot scuttlings are an interesting unit to take into consideration. They're clearly dressed like moonclan but also have a lot of spider web motifs.

Or they could also just be a one off unit for the WQ board game, kind of like the Ogroid which has no other related units (and is oddly Mortal, for game purposes I assume)

4 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

I think grot scuttlings are an interesting unit to take into consideration. They're clearly dressed like moonclan but also have a lot of spider web motifs.

Or they could also just be a one off unit for the WQ board game, kind of like the Ogroid which has no other related units (and is oddly Mortal, for game purposes I assume)

They removed their warscroll as well so theres a minor chance. I mean every other unit in silver tower went into matched play AOS.

54 minutes ago, Jetengine said:

They removed their warscroll as well so theres a minor chance. I mean every other unit in silver tower went into matched play AOS.

Though I heard that not all of WQ is meant to be in a faction. The 2 Aelves are still GA Order only (though possibly still being saved for the Shadow Aelf faction? man how many aelf factions are there suppose to be! ).

I think one thing that hasn't really been brought up is the idea of Double/Triple Faction Keywords (or as I like to call it, Cross/Multi/Mixed Soup....still working on that phrase!).

Given how Death (Legions of Nagash can take half of Nighthaunt, and then theres the weird Soulblight topic) and Chaos (everything from Slaves to BoC to even Clan Pestilens can be taken in a different allegiance) has a lot of that going on, maybe Grots and other Destruction factions would as well?

Archived