AoS 2 - Moonclan Discussion

Chris Tomlin

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hyped about the shadespire warband :) Really curious how they sort out the fanatic for their age of sigmar counterpart. Maybe a single fanatic hidden inside the unit that can be unleashed as normal? I would love that. Cheapest charge blocking of all time ;) And those squigs! It'd be too expensive to buy enough to get 20 of them to convert into a full hopper unit, but gosh darn, they're beautiful! :D

On 9/29/2018 at 3:07 AM, novakai said:

I count nine in the picture

Since there only 7 starting hexes in Shadespire/nightvault it quite possible that the two squigs are a summonable unit.

I have been told by one of the designers that there will never be more than 7 in the warband.

Given that the guy with the poker is clearly a new brand squigs harder, possibly a hero variant, it seems logical the herder can summon them.

3 hours ago, Malakree said:

Given that the guy with the poker is clearly a new brand squigs harder, possibly a hero variant, it seems logical the herder can summon them.

Yeah, the article specifically refers to him as something new to Moonclan and an armored Squig herder.  My guess is that he is a new type of Squig herder hero model.

I am a bit surprised by the addition of normal grots to the warband.  I like any new Moonclan models and I love normal grots so I think it is a great addition - but they were not included in the previous artwork so I am just surprised to see them in the set.

2 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

I would be surprised if they put new units in a start collecting. Except if they release a Forgebane / Blightwar / wake the dead / the others with one or two new references.

Is the grot warboss un plastic ?

I would be surprised if they put new units in a start collecting. Except if they release a Forgebane / Blightwar / wake the dead / the others with one or two new references.

No 

no, the one currently is metal and the one on squig is resin

the only hero that is plastic is the Fungoid Shaman I believe

I don't think they are going to release a SC right away since there isn't many existing models that are plastic currently like BoC

the only composition that would work would be

Fungoid Shaman

20 Moonclan grot

3 Fellwater Troggoth

10 Grot Scuttlings from silver tower if they are confirm to be for Moonclan

Start Collecting almost always include a big center piece model, so right from the start it's hard to guess what one for Moonclan might look like. We're probably going to be a horde army, so what I'd like would be something like:

Hypothesized Squig Herder Leader

20 Moonclan Grots 

New Squig Unit (10 I'm guessing)

3 Fanatics 

I'm a bit skeptical that it will be something so repeat-buy friendly however. Waited so long for a Fyreslayers SC and was admittedly disappointed with the inclusion of the Magmadroth. I understand what GW is probably thinking however. The SC is really aimed towards new collectors and a big centerpiece is probably much more exciting for most newer players.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Hopefully they release Moonclan BT in November but I have a feeling they pushed it back into next year.

I guess on the brightside we got the Shadespire Warband to gush at for the mean time

Well they just revealed the new keeper of secrets(*) model which with the rumour of hosts in December gives a nice window for one other battletome. 

Since darkoath is one of the last to be released shadespire warbands, I would expect around jan/Feb, that puts their release after Xmas.

Thus I would expect a complete rerelease of moonclan with troggoths and maybe gargants. Combined with some of the new units teased in the troggoth warband, killer shrooms a month long release cycle with a 3 week gab would be ideal.

So I'd personally put moonclan mid October.

EDIT: If grots have been pushed back they have likely swapped with Hosts of Slaanesh. On the plus side that means they have spent a ton of extra time with either the rules or the models given it was supposed to be out when BoC was released.

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

EDIT: If grots have been pushed back they have likely swapped with Hosts of Slaanesh. On the plus side that means they have spent a ton of extra time with either the rules or the models given it was supposed to be out when BoC was released.

Yeah I be ecstatic if its a really big release with a refresh to all the non-plastic models, Adding more Gobbos and Troggoths, Endless spells, and a Battletome with good rule/Allegiance ability/ Battalions.

I ok waiting longer if it a good release, I think I just been too hype up for this release every since the Fungoid Shaman was revealed last January.

though I think the fact that they gave Moonclan two warbands in Shadespire (though not totally confirm yet) is a good sign of things to come regardless

Archived