AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

i would say it's a spell, but not a "spell cast by an ennemy Wizard". 

For me the way it's worded, trigger of the lens is that the damage is directly linked to the wizard that just casted it. but it will need FAQ for sure, could go either way.

I think i've a first draft of my list: i'm trying Rockjawz on wyvern for Extra mortal wound output, always nice!

Allegiance: Destruction
Mortal Realm: Ghur
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Bone Krusha
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Brutal Beast Spirits
Wardokk (100)
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Hand of Gork or Mork
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- General
- Trait: Waaagh Monger 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Squiggly Curse
Orruk Warboss On Wyvern (240)
- Artefact: Rockjaws 
- Allies
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (420)
4 x Savage Big Stabbas (200)
2 x Savage Big Stabbas (100)
10 x Savage Orruk Morboys (120)
5 x Savage Boarboyz (100)
Teef Rukk (100)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 240 / 400
Wounds: 187

30 minutes ago, broche said:

i would say it's a spell, but not a "spell cast by an ennemy Wizard". 

The opponent made the casting roll to get it onto the table and you could try to dispel it when it was cast - correct?  It is pretty much just a remains in play spell from previous editions that is potentially damaging to anyone and that can potentially be moved by either player once it shows up.

I expect they will clear this up, and it is something that deserves clarification.  But simply reading the various rules it is still a spell cast by an enemy wizard, but the model representation on the table is treated as being friendly to both sides.

Edited by Skabnoze

31 minutes ago, broche said:

I think i've a first draft of my list: i'm trying Rockjawz on wyvern for Extra mortal wound output, always nice!

Allegiance: Destruction
Mortal Realm: Ghur
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Bone Krusha
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Brutal Beast Spirits
Wardokk (100)
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Hand of Gork or Mork
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- General
- Trait: Waaagh Monger 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Squiggly Curse
Orruk Warboss On Wyvern (240)
- Artefact: Rockjaws 
- Allies
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (420)
4 x Savage Big Stabbas (200)
2 x Savage Big Stabbas (100)
Teef Rukk (100)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 240 / 400
Wounds: 187

Is the Teef Rukk mainly there as a way to get an extra command point & relic, or do you find good success with that formation?

Are you planning to use the Weirdnob with the mask as a sort of suicide missile to get the snares out early in the enemy lines, maybe hit someone with bonecrusha, and then blow himself up in a staring contest?

Also, is there a ruling on yes/no about putting relics on allied heroes?  I hope we can, but I have not seen a yes/no about it.

The list looks pretty good and well-rounded. 

@Skabnoze Yes Teef Rukk is for extra artefact (I don't want to get rid of Mask, but wanted to try the Rockjaw) and extra command point. I never tried the ability, but seing some list at 6 Nation I saw a lot of monster, so hopefully the ability could trigger from time to time.

it's basicly the list I had in Vegas Open and that I had good success (and it's already painted), but i cannot fit the Gore Grunta anymore (cause the Arrowboys are now more expensive). 

I'm hoping that the list will benefit from the Wyvern Waaagh ability and look out sir! to protect the small wizard will make up for the loss of extra wounds/body. The new command rule should help as well to protect Arrowboys/Big stabba reactively, meaning it should be easier to user Wurgog command ability. 

I think the shakle fit really well in that list, specially agains High move army.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, broche said:

I think the shakle fit really well in that list, specially agains High move army.

How do you get the shackles out early?  Are you using the Weirdnob to rush forward and try to get as many of the shackles into the enemy lines?  Or is the natural 12" cast range for the 1st and then another 6" for the other 2 shackes enough?

hard to say I did not try it yet, but I was thinking more of using it mid game (turn 2-3) to protect objective i'm holding. For 20 pts i think it's a pretty good utility spell by itself

In fact, i just realized you get a chance to dispel it before it even does something, so it's probably not as good as I tought

Edited by broche
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2018 at 9:21 PM, broche said:

hard to say I did not try it yet, but I was thinking more of using it mid game (turn 2-3) to protect objective i'm holding. For 20 pts i think it's a pretty good utility spell by itself

In fact, i just realized you get a chance to dispel it before it even does something, so it's probably not as good as I tought

Just to make you think about this differently, would you pay 20 points to possibly reduce the number of spells your opponent can cast on a couple of turns in the game?

They have to forgo a cast to attempt a dispell

I think I would

• Like 2

Commentary on my list?

Kop ruk and drakfoot clan

Prophet

3 wardoks

Maniak weirdnob with mask and bonekrusha

2x5 boarboyz

1x10 morboys

1x30 morboys

Rogue idol

80 points for spells, probably geminids and maybe pendulum or gnashing jaws because it looks cool

2 drops, ideally use the boars to hold shooty stuff down, use the idol to hit hard and use spells and cp to buff the hell out of the 30 man unit, make them fly with double movement, hit on 2s and pile-in and attack 3-4 times in one turn.

Also hoping to use spells to alpha early. Geminids range is super useful

I like the drakfoot, but i would always run a greenskin boss with morboys, his ability gives extra attacks to each weapon the use, so +2 attacks per command point (also the same for boarboys, maniaks get an effective +4 attacks per command loint with the double activation).

If you still want the monster buff i would look at mangler squig or a giant, you don't mind if either of them die and they are designed to run headfirst into the enemy. You don't really want to loose the idol as you threw away 400points and +1 to casting.

Spell wise i would look at the cogs first as the +2 movement and charge is huge. Geminids is a very close second for those juicy debuffs though.

Edit: you also get 2 more artifacts because of your battalions.

Edited by Davros

Definitely some interesting points. I just really dig the aesthetic of the idol. Well see if I can make him make sense - he's there to buff, distract, cause trouble and hopefully do some damage before going down in a blaze of glory and buffing the orks. The cogs would definitely be nice to shoot him up the board and get him in

Commentary on my list?

Prophet

3 wardoks

2x5 boarboyz

1x10 morboys

1x30 morboys

Rogue idol

80 points for spells, probably geminids and maybe pendulum or gnashing jaws because it looks cool

2 drops, ideally use the boars to hold shooty stuff down, use the idol to hit hard and use spells and cp to buff the hell out of the 30 man unit, make them fly with double movement, hit on 2s and pile-in and attack 3-4 times in one turn.

I have not got the Kopp Rukk onto the table yet, but one thing I would consider is to not field just the bare minimum of Wardokks.  Half of the battalion benefit is for the Wardokks and the other half is for the Morboys, but the Morboys bonus requires you to have 2 wardokks nearby.  If you field a minimum of Wardokks then it is easy to lose this benefit and will force your to concentrate your force a fair bit when you want that buff.  I think I would probably try to field 4 Wardokks if I could and a Wurrgog.  The Weirdnob's spell is nice, and he is quite mobile, but I would consider dropping him in exchange for a Wardokk.

Makes sense, i like his spell and mobility as well as damage from the mask and bonekrusha spell. Plus a quick hero to keep inspiring presence up when needed. The two formations together are awfully damn expensive but I imagine that if 30 morboyz were buffed to hitting on 2s, rerolling 1s to hit and plus 1 to wound that would be no joke. 

Then factor in swinging again from the drakfoot spell and swinging 2-3 times additionally from the prophets ability.. that's pretty rough. 

As a returning but new AOS player, the tough part for me is remembering hero phase is before moving. It's so weird to not get to move before you cast etc. I think once I get 40k out of my head I'll be more equipped. I don't know that the rogue idol is the best use of 400 pts but I love the theme and idea of him so I think I'll keep trying this

Definitely some interesting points. I just really dig the aesthetic of the idol. Well see if I can make him make sense - he's there to buff, distract, cause trouble and hopefully do some damage before going down in a blaze of glory and buffing the orks. The cogs would definitely be nice to shoot him up the board and get him in

Commentary on my list?

Prophet

3 wardoks

2x5 boarboyz

1x10 morboys

1x30 morboys

Rogue idol

Hi fellow splittas. 

This weekend just passed I took the savages to a local 24 player event and ended up coming first. While not the largest event it did have a lot of good players rock up.

I played in order:

Skryre - cannons, fiends, packmasters 

Sacrament - arkhan, 30 dogs, 12 spirits

Disposed- about 120 dwarves and prime

Sylvaneth - alarielle, durthu, prime ambushing dropping and pre game moving. 

Nurgle - roti, glott, kings, bearers wizards

Nurgle and death are very hard opponents and both those games came down to out maneuvering and not killing enemies. 

Without vanguard wing and old tzeentch in the current meta I think we can perform a lot better. Hordes of 4-5+ save models are fairly common and a kunin can deal with those fairly well. 

We still have good board presence and the tools to get things done. The new missions are great and add a lot of tactical depth. 

My list: 

Big boss - general, warpaint

Prophet - extra random spell

Maniak weirdnob - MW mask

10 savages

10 savages

30 arrowboys

6 big stabbas

Kunin rukk

Rogue idol. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Killamike said:

Without vanguard wing and old tzeentch in the current meta I think we can perform a lot better. Hordes of 4-5+ save models are fairly common and a kunin can deal with those fairly well. 

Completely agree! Gratz on the win.

• Thanks 1

@Killamike Gotcha, well done on the win.

24 players on the nose...I reckon that'll put you top of the tree when Clint updates the rankings?

How did you find the Rogue Idol?  I was actually looking at lists with him over the weekend (just finished painting him) but every time, I kept coming back to just wanting more Big Stabbas instead!

• Thanks 1

The rogue idol was clutch in a lot of games. 

The 4+ against mortals is amazing. 

The list presented a lot of threats, being big stabbas, idol and arrows. And then u have the wizzies doing cool stuff. 

After playing him I wouldn't take him out of the list, he provided a really resilient anchor to which ever side I put him. And his new scroll removed all the downsides and randomness. 

The big stabbas were MVP a few of the games. Notably 3 killing allarielle with a reroll hits triumph and the monster table reroll wounds. Took exactly 16 wounds off her after saves. 

I usually play nurgle and tzeentch and this is the most fun I've had with an army in ages. 

• Like 1

Great work @Killamike  - it sounds like BS are actually going to be pretty solid in AoS2

@Kanamorf how was your experience at BOBO 2018 and can we expect the usual write-up? Intrigued to see how your games went. Was following the excellent Honest Wargamer stream and at one point Sedge's Bonesplitterz were on Table 1 and yours on Table 2. The Green Tide has arrived!