AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

This is a true Green Tide list. Or meat grinder. I like the idea of Icebone for more exploding 6s fun. 

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
- Warclan: Icebone

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Trait: Master of the Weird
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Kattanak Pelt
Savage Big Boss (100)
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (360)
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas

Total: 1980 / 2000
Wounds: 264

I'm liking the horde style lists for Bonesplitterz.  I was considering using Bonegrinz as it keeps the enemy from retreating.  Once we hold hands we are best friends until one of us dies lol.  Lock your opponent in place then cap the objectives.

Edited by cplhicks

14 minutes ago, Aelven supremacy said:

Does Drakkfoot disabling opponent’s wound negation apply to endless spells cast by bonesplitterz wizards?  I assume not but wound be a sweet combo if so...

"In addition, any ability that negates wounds has no effect on wounds inflicted by a DRAKKFOOT unit."

I would consider it counts. Endless spell is automatically casted by a DRAKKFOOT unit.
Now it depends if we take the unit or the endless spell keywords ^^

Edited by hurben

21 minutes ago, hurben said:

"In addition, any ability that negates wounds has no effect on wounds inflicted by a DRAKKFOOT unit."

I would consider it counts. Endless spell is automatically casted by a DRAKKFOOT unit.
Now it depends if we take the unit or the endless spell keywords ^^

Based on the rulings of Slaanesh and their Depravity Point generation, I would say no.

The arguement was that endless spells are their own thing - It is a caster that summons a unit  and he doesn't deal any damage himself. Therefore it isn't inflicted by a Drakkfoot unit.

1 minute ago, Kasper said:

The arguement was that endless spells are their own thing - It is a caster that summons a unit  and he doesn't deal any damage himself. Therefore it isn't inflicted by a Drakkfoot unit.

So it would be the same for spells, right? Because it negates wounds but not mortal wounds? 

1 minute ago, hurben said:

So it would be the same for spells, right? Because it negates wounds but not mortal wounds? 

Spells should be different, but it depends on the specific spell. Arcane Bolt as an example is a direct damaging spell, so it is caused by the caster. It also generated Depravity Points.

You should see Endless Spells as an independent unit that is summoned onto the table, and then that unit deals damage.

1 hour ago, cplhicks said:

I'm liking the horde style lists for Bonesplitterz.  I was considering using Bonegrinz as it keeps the enemy from retreating.  Once we hold hands we are best friends until one of us dies lol.  Lock your opponent in place then cap the objectives.

Yeah I really like the horde style. With that many bodies and wounds it will be rough to chew through. 

Hmm ill consider Bonegrinz. Maybe thats their secret. They are so excited about hugging they yell and scream as they run towards everyone lol

2 minutes ago, Warbossironteef said:

I feel like Mawcrushas/IJ's are going to be everywhere at my local club. Anyone have any good pure Bonesplitterz tips/tricks/ideas on how to deal with them?

I like BigStabbas but with Ethereal Amulet and the extra wounds they gain the Mawcrushas can be tough to crack. 

They have rend and similar movement capabilities. Their heroes are waaaaay killier but their magic is worse. Depending on how you build a list you should out number them and a block of arrowboys should delete anything with the exception of a full 30 ardboys

7 minutes ago, Warbossironteef said:

I feel like Mawcrushas/IJ's are going to be everywhere at my local club. Anyone have any good pure Bonesplitterz tips/tricks/ideas on how to deal with them?

Drakkfoot clan with 3x20 Arrowboys in a kunnin' rukk batalion is a way to deal with the Maw-Krusha. Then you put a lot of savage orruks on the table with some magical stuff with the wurrgog prophet and a bunch of wardokks ^^

They have rend and similar movement capabilities. Their heroes are waaaaay killier but their magic is worse. Depending on how you build a list you should out number them and a block of arrowboys should delete anything with the exception of a full 30 ardboys

If you buff 30 arrowboys with +1 to hit and the Boarmage spell, they do roughly 10 wounds to an Ethereal Mawkrusha. That's if you can get all 30 in range without being charged by it or something else. I really do think Mawkrushas are going to be tough to deal with, unless Drakfoot's ability negates the Amulet's ability, but it doesn't. 

6 hours ago, Warbossironteef said:

If you buff 30 arrowboys with +1 to hit and the Boarmage spell, they do roughly 10 wounds to an Ethereal Mawkrusha. That's if you can get all 30 in range without being charged by it or something else. I really do think Mawkrushas are going to be tough to deal with, unless Drakfoot's ability negates the Amulet's ability, but it doesn't. 

it's more 12 if they don't have mystic shield, or 8 if shield is up. He is gonna be tough to kill if he is not in combat, but once on fight he'll start taking damage in melee, he should not survive more than 2 combat if you focus fire on it. 

Nonetheless i still think Ironjawz might be Boneplitter worst matchup escpecially if they alphastrike, they will likely win the grinding war.

7 hours ago, Warbossironteef said:

So if you can double tap with 20 in a Kunnin Rukk, you probably one-shot him. 

It's still not a bad situation to be in.  Very easy to get 20 (or even 30) in range with a 5" / 8" pre-game move, 5" / 10" Kunnin Rukk move, 5" / 10" normal move.

Mobility shot way up with the pre-game move and Breath applying in all phases. 

Kunnin Rukk would still be my go-to against a Maw Krusha heavy meta.

1 hour ago, PlasticCraic said:

So if you can double tap with 20 in a Kunnin Rukk, you probably one-shot him. 

It's still not a bad situation to be in.  Very easy to get 20 (or even 30) in range with a 5" / 8" pre-game move, 5" / 10" Kunnin Rukk move, 5" / 10" normal move.

Mobility shot way up with the pre-game move and Breath applying in all phases. 

Kunnin Rukk would still be my go-to against a Maw Krusha heavy meta.

But we are the mawkrusha meta where we are...

But I agree, you'll want sheer weight of dice to pull down Ethereal Mawkrushas

Edited by Garuun
  • Like 1

Honestly it's not the Maw krusha that worry me the worse with Bonesplitter. It's the 6 warchanter buffed pig wrecking  the poor nacked orruck.

I think Ironjawz will just hit very hard early game to thin down the defense then win the mid game grinding war, as our counterattack isn't violent enough. 

But i also thing Bonesplitter have better matchup against the rest of the field. We will see!

• Like 1

For this list I was thinking of including either a Kunnin or Snagga but im not sure either one would be worth dropping the bodies for them.

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Savage Big Boss (100)
Wardokk (80)

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas

22 hours ago, Malakithe said:

For this list I was thinking of including either a Kunnin or Snagga but im not sure either one would be worth dropping the bodies for them.

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Savage Big Boss (100)
Wardokk (80)

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas

Well, You could just go all in on battalions. You could have both by dropping all the foot units down to 20. If you're keen on only having one, I'd go with the Snagga and drop the arrowboys down to 20.

Edited by Electricferret
Additional thoughts

3 hours ago, Electricferret said:

Well, You could just go all in on battalions. You could have both by dropping all the foot units down to 20. If you're keen on only having one, I'd go with the Snagga and drop the arrowboys down to 20.

I was thinking about dropping the Big Boss since he doesnt really bring much anyway and that would give the exact amount for the Snagga

Played and won my first game last night vs. Skaven. It was quite a fluffy list tbh on their part, pure Skryre with Stormfiends (6 shooty and 3 melee) 2x5 and a 15 Acolytes and 2 WLC in the one-drop. I had my list from the previous page with small tweaks. 

Border War in Ghyran. He one-dropped covering his home and my right objective. I deployed Arrows on my home and Savages on my left then the two units of Boars and the Stabbas on my right. Moved Savages and Boars forward pre-game. He went first and took the two centres with small units to bait me in so he could shoot me off, he also shot about 3 Boars off. Basically I took the bait, Savages minced his melee Stormfiends in one combat on my left (I had them buffed by Savage Boss and the plus to save spell and dance from Wardokk). I put Breath on the front Boars and then ran down and tagged the shootyfiends in his own territory while the unit behind ran and capped the centre right objective. 

Once I was ahead in scoring that was it really, his shooting was utterly lethal (only had the Arrowboys and a couple of heroes left by mid round 4) but we did the maths and the game was up. By sheer coincidence my pile-ins stopped him piling in closer to the centre objectives on a couple of occasions which definitely helped. 

Impressions:

Struggled to find a role for the Wurrgog tbh as my opponent didn’t have any hordes. Think I’ll give him the War Cry next time as it has a big range. 

Savages are lethal. 

Boars are speedy and do some damage but go down quickly. 

Really enjoyed the game anyway!! Had fun rolling the dice and pushing around the Boys. 

45 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Played and won my first game last night vs. Skaven. It was quite a fluffy list tbh on their part, pure Skryre with Stormfiends (6 shooty and 3 melee) 2x5 and a 15 Acolytes and 2 WLC in the one-drop. I had my list from the previous page with small tweaks. 

Border War in Ghyran. He one-dropped covering his home and my right objective. I deployed Arrows on my home and Savages on my left then the two units of Boars and the Stabbas on my right. Moved Savages and Boars forward pre-game. He went first and took the two centres with small units to bait me in so he could shoot me off, he also shot about 3 Boars off. Basically I took the bait, Savages minced his melee Stormfiends in one combat on my left (I had them buffed by Savage Boss and the plus to save spell and dance from Wardokk). I put Breath on the front Boars and then ran down and tagged the shootyfiends in his own territory while the unit behind ran and capped the centre right objective. 

Once I was ahead in scoring that was it really, his shooting was utterly lethal (only had the Arrowboys and a couple of heroes left by mid round 4) but we did the maths and the game was up. By sheer coincidence my pile-ins stopped him piling in closer to the centre objectives on a couple of occasions which definitely helped. 

Impressions:

Struggled to find a role for the Wurrgog tbh as my opponent didn’t have any hordes. Think I’ll give him the War Cry next time as it has a big range. 

Savages are lethal. 

Boars are speedy and do some damage but go down quickly. 

Really enjoyed the game anyway!! Had fun rolling the dice and pushing around the Boys. 

Im liking your horde list. Its a meat grinder. Maniak boars fit their role of glass cannon nicely.

I was thinking about dropping the Big Boss since he doesnt really bring much anyway and that would give the exact amount for the Snagga

Yea that would be another way to do it. I guess it depends on what you would value the most. For me, I think I'd value the CA over the extra arrowboys for stacking the exploding sixes on the Maniaks. I can see it both ways, I would probably have a stronger option after piloting the army a few times.