AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

One thing I'm quite excited by is the potential for the following:

- Pre-game move your Arrow Boys 5" / 8" with Tireless Trackers

- Buff them up with BBS etc and give them Hand of Gork

- Hero Phase shoot with Kunnin Rukk

- Move them 10" and fly

- Shooting phase shoot with generic CA rerolls

Have your cake and eat it, by double-moving and double-shooting turn 1!

Nothing is safe.  Shoot off the chaff screen first to remove Lookout Sir, then shoot off the support Heroes they were protecting.

The more I think about it, Tireless Trackers accompanies Kunnin Rukk, it doesn't replace it.

Can't. Wait.

Edited by PlasticCraic
  • Like 2

Until someone wins a GT with Clans (then I will just net list :)) I am starting every list like this! Throw the 30 away and get board coverage. Krukk in the back field for later.

100    Sav boss
120    Boar mage
    Breath of Gorkamorka
120    Boar mage
    Bone Spirit
120    Boar mage
    Brutal Beast Spirits
360    30 Sav arrowz out of Krukk
240    20 Sav arrowz in Krukk
240    20 Sav arrowz in Krukk

140    Krukk
    Drakkfoot clan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah we need to enjoy the glory days for the time they'll last. Will it be 6 month, a year, who know but we are gonna see some orruk at the top table soon enough.

We have lots of sick stuff, but i think Warchanter and Arrowboys will be the most nasty

• Like 2

My own starting point is:

Savage Big Boss 100

Boar Wizard 120

Boar Wizard 120

20 Arrow Boys 280

20 Arrow Boys 280

20 Arrow Boys 280

Kunnin Rukk 140

3 drops, 138 wounds, 1200 points and all your Battleline sorted

800 points for some fun choppy stuff / extra magic / a big hard to shift unit

I'm not saying that 3x 20 will be the final, optimised version - but it's a solid start to any list I think.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ecko said:

Guy you are all forgetting that in the Kunnin Rukk, you can't have more then 20 boyz per unit ! Which is tough and really impact this bataillon having no 30 man bloab is maybe not worth it !

I just listed out a Kunnin Rukk with 3x 20 Arrow Boys for that reason? 

And @svnvaldez specified that his 30x block would be separate to the Rukk ("Krukk in the backfield for later").

I don't think anyone in this thread is forgetting that - however you are right, it is definitely something to consider. 

There are upsides and downsides to both approaches (20s in the Rukk, or 30s outside of it), or like Sam you could take a hybrid approach.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

I just listed out a Kunnin Rukk with 3x 20 Arrow Boys for that reason? 

And @svnvaldez specified that his 30x block would be separate to the Rukk ("Krukk in the backfield for later").

I don't think anyone in this thread is forgetting that - however you are right, it is definitely something to consider. 

There are upsides and downsides to both approaches (20s in the Rukk, or 30s outside of it), or like Sam you could take a hybrid approach.

My bad then !

• Like 2

Thoughts on this for a list? (First time Bonesplitterz player, just bought all this stuff so don’t tell me it sucks haha)

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz

Drakkfoot

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Artefact: Mork's Boney Bitz  
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Mystic Waaagh! Paint  
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Breath of Gorkamorka
Savage Big Boss (100)

- Artefact: Burnin’ Tattoos
Savage Big Boss (100)

Battleline
20 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (240)
20 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (240)
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)

Units
6 x Savage Big Stabbas (300)
2 x Savage Big Stabbas (100)

Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (140)
Teef Rukk (140)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 167

• Like 2

So I have a game versus slaanesh today and wanted to know how the big boss ability to fight with another unit interacts. If it's just my big boss and another unit of mine and that unit has to fight last if I fight with my boss first can I select that unit or not?

Anyone planning on a green horde style army? something like

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
Wardokk (80)
Wardokk (80)
Savage Big Boss (100)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- General
Savage Big Boss (100)
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas
20 x Savage Orruk Morboys (240)
20 x Savage Orruk Morboys (240)
Kop Rukk (140)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 288

That's alot of wounds to shift and everything is a lot more fighty now, also I like that the rukks are almost all the same cost so you can switch them and units quite easily as you see fit. i.e Kopp Rukk could easily be swapped for Brutal Rukk for more movement on the Anvil units, or the Morboys swapped out for Arrow boys and the Kunnin Rukk.

P.S i have no way enough Savage Orruks to actually play this list  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, broche said:

Yeah we need to enjoy the glory days for the time they'll last. Will it be 6 month, a year, who know but we are gonna see some orruk at the top table soon enough.

We have lots of sick stuff, but i think Warchanter and Arrowboys will be the most nasty

Doesn't his +1 damage buff only affect Ironjawz?

1 hour ago, cplhicks said:

I was just thinking about a 90 savage orruk boyz blob list as well on my morning commute lolol. 180 wounds for 900pts is a heck of a deal lol. Combine with Bonegrinz so they can't retreat.  We're going to be best friends till the end...forever...

4 hours ago, Miscast said:

Anyone planning on a green horde style army? something like

Be ready to have your soul crushed painting! It legit took me 2 years from start to finish with my 90 boyz. Do not be the fool who decides to try your best painting a Bonesplitterz army. I was averaging a boy a month... darkest days of my hobby life lol.

Edited by svnvaldez
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Incredebilis said:

Would it be worth taking Big Stabbas if you're fighting someone without any "Monsters"

As long as you have a solid plan for them, have built buff spells into the list, and have enough CP and characters to keep IP up I think they are super solid.

Assuming we can have them in 8s I’ll be taking them for a bit. I like the idea of pre game moving them up in a sideways line with 30 arrows behind.

You can then either buff the arrow or the stabbas and alpha.

The arrows can fly over the stabbas with the spell if you need to get into firing position.

Edited by svnvaldez
  • Like 2

Agreed.  That rend -2 is still a great nutcracker against a lot of non-Monster units, e.g. Dracoth cav which seem to be making a bit of a resurgence.

It's not hard to get them doing 7 or 8 (!) attacks each:

3 base

+1 for Teef Rukk

+1 from Savage Big Boss CA

+1 from MWN Spell

+1 / +2 from the Waaagh CA

And that's off the top of my head, there may be more? 

Hitting on 2s, flying 15" with Breath of Gork (including pre-game move), running and charging at +1 to both from Brutal Beast Spirits :D

Moving like lightening and hitting like a freight train, attacking 3" over the top of screens, then splashing back mortals on the way down.

If you invest that deep it obviously restricts what you can do with your Arrow Boys, but these guys will be a lot of fun. 

Yes @Incredebilis I think they are worth taking!

Edit: just realised that in my excitement, I'm mashing together extra attacks with exploding 6s!  You get the idea though, these things can be a real murderball.

Edited by PlasticCraic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

Be ready to have your soul crushed painting! It legit took me 2 years from start to finish with my 90 boyz. Do not be the fool who decides to try your best painting a Bonesplitterz army. I was averaging a boy a month... darkest days of my hobby life lol.

Airbrush + contrast + inks and you can paint these boys up pretty quickly 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1