Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Recommended Posts

I've a local tournament coming up and I was a bit tired of my Ironjawz, and the Gloomspite are not finished yet, so i've decided to give a (hopefully) last run to my Bonesplitterz before battletome. Note that I usually try to stay away from the Kruk as i find it's NPE (both for opponent and me). I've come up with this nice list I think is fun to play, and can compete with current top list (Slaneesh and FEC):

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
Mortal Realm: Ghur
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- General
- Trait: Waaagh Monger 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Kunnin' Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Brutal Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Hand of  Gork or Mork
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
- Allies
30 x Savage Orruk Morboys (300)
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (420)
5 x Savage Boarboys (100)
- Chompas
5 x Savage Boarboys (100)
- Chompas
6 x Savage Big Stabbas (300)
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (150)
- Allies
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 270 / 400
Wounds: 210
 

The list it's more about control than oblitaration. The goal it's to make clever use of Geminid and Kunning beast spirit to mitigate current meta big hitter. It's both high wound and high model count. Since geminid is a big part of the list strategy i've taken the ironjawz Weirnob as an ally to increase casting constitency. I've also taken a squad of Fellwater troggoth as it's quite a cost-efficient units nowday. With the help of both geminid and kunning beast they can easily stall a Therrorgheist or Keeper or a squad of 30 deamonet, + they add some hitting power. Still not sure about trait and artefact to take tough

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got a little un lazy. Gave him a little extra Ju-Ju since he's going to be my Warcry leader as well

20190903_124134.jpg

20190903_124142.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2019 at 2:39 AM, broche said:

The list it's more about control than oblitaration. The goal it's to make clever use of Geminid and Kunning beast spirit to mitigate current meta big hitter. It's both high wound and high model count. Since geminid is a big part of the list strategy i've taken the ironjawz Weirnob as an ally to increase casting constitency. I've also taken a squad of Fellwater troggoth as it's quite a cost-efficient units nowday. With the help of both geminid and kunning beast they can easily stall a Therrorgheist or Keeper or a squad of 30 deamonet, + they add some hitting power. Still not sure about trait and artefact to take tough

Yeah I like that.  The MSU chaff lines of 100 point Boarboys have a role to play. 

Totally agree on Kunnin Beast Spirits, it is low key one of the best spells in the game in the current meta! 

I'd be really interested to hear how this goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

I'd be really interested to hear how this goes.

Had a test game against Sylvaneth yesterday. Played Better part of Valour and ended up with the minor, I kind of forgot to protect an objective against the teleport dude and he ended up burning 5 objective on his turn 2, then I table'd him. 

List play as expected, so i'm quite satisfied with it. 210 wound with debuff from geminid and kunning beast is tough to deal with. Geminid is really the perfect spell for BS as you really don't care hitting your own unit. The Troll also really bring something, give you an extra hard hitter beside the Stabbas and the Arrowboys. Honestly at 150  pts they are probably one of the most efficient unit in the game currently.

for spell I took hand of gork with Prophet and put the Mask on the Kunning beast Weirnob (but ended up not using it anyway).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which version of Bonegrinz do you guys like in the current meta?  Target is 4-1 at a 40 player event:

Version A

Spoiler
Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
Mortal Realm: Shyish
 
Leaders
Savage Big Boss (120)
- General
- Trait: Squirmy Warpaint
- Artefact: The Ragged Cloak
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Mystic Waaagh! Paint
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Brutal Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Hand of Gork or Mork
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Kunnin' Beast Spirits
 
Battleline
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (420)
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (420)
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
 
Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (200)
Bonegrinz Warclan (110)
 
Endless Spells / Terrain
Chronomantic Cogs (80)
 
Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 184
 

Advantages: Kunnin Beast Spirits is strong against a lot of the top units currently, extra reach (hitting the backboard turn 1 on the wide missions).  

 

Version B

Spoiler
Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
Mortal Realm: Shyish
 
Leaders
Savage Big Boss (120)
- General
- Trait: Squirmy Warpaint
- Artefact: The Ragged Cloak
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Mystic Waaagh! Paint
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Brutal Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Hand of Gork or Mork
 
Battleline
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (420)
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (420)
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
 
Units
4 x Savage Big Stabbas (200)
 
Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (200)
Bonegrinz Warclan (110)
 
Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 194

 

 

Advantages: Gives at least some combat threat and Mortal Wounds, and an extra summonable unit

Tagging @svnvaldez but all opinions welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if this sounds stupid I'm not overly familiar with Bonesplittez. I assume I'm missing something or changes are coming but isn't the Ethereal part of 'Strength of Purpose' kinda pointless with the faction having basically no access to Rend? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HostilSpike said:

Apologies if this sounds stupid I'm not overly familiar with Bonesplittez. I assume I'm missing something or changes are coming but isn't the Ethereal part of 'Strength of Purpose' kinda pointless with the faction having basically no access to Rend? 

Not for big stabbas.  Plus the warscrolls may change or they may gain spells/command abilities granting more access to rend.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heroes also have Rend, for what that's worth.

I can see some units getting Rend-1, like Maniaks at the minimum.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wazzuli said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. As a Drakkfoot player I am concerned. Right now Drakkfoot are the spell/anti-spell casting clan. It was an expensive but very usefull niche clan to take. Now they are..... anti night haunt? REALLY?!? They went from tattooing themselves with khorne blessed blood that gives them better antimagic abilities to negating one mechanic found mostly in a single faction. So we get to keep our rend. Aside from Big Stabbas, with what units was that ever an issue? Bone splitters were always about volume of attacks, not high quality rend attacks. So now big stabbas work against night haunts....  um thanks? And what does "negates wounds" mean exactly? That is pretty vague and needs clarification. Does it only apply to abilities that specifically say "Negate"? I sincerely hope that there is a lot more to it than this, as this is terrible design as it stands and seems to have been written by some one with no concept on how the army plays.

Now I am wondering what this means for our battalions. Sounds like the clan battalions are being removed in exchange for generic sub faction choices. This will free up 140 points, which is enough to add a single extra unit. But it drastically increases the number of drops, and we lose an artifact, an extra command point, a powerful spell, and the powerful ability to negate hostile spells on a 6. This seems like a ****** deal for the Drakkfoot.

I just hope that the Kopp Rukk is unchanged or I will have to redesign my entire army.

There was no mention of any faction specific endless spells or terrain either. 

I am not impressed at all. We are losing our own battletome for this?

Edited by bonzai
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I have cooled down just a little. The ethereal part of the rule is still a joke, but the ignore negate wounds part is a decent, if situational ability. It stops deathless minions saves, ward saves, morathi, and a host of other abilities. It pretty much comes down to what you are going up against, and can help with grind fests that we used to lose through attrition. 

That said, I am going to miss the warclan spell and anti magic bonuses we used to get. 

Oh... and I am anxious to know what faction the rogue Idol is going to now that greenskins are gone. Fingers crossed that it folds into something I can ally with once the book comes out if not directly into bone splitters its self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

12 minutes ago, bonzai said:

Ok, I have cooled down just a little. The ethereal part of the rule is still a joke, but the ignore negate wounds part is a decent, if situational ability. It stops deathless minions saves, ward saves, morathi, and a host of other abilities. It pretty much comes down to what you are going up against, and can help with grind fests that we used to lose through attrition. 

That said, I am going to miss the warclan spell and anti magic bonuses we used to get. 

Oh... and I am anxious to know what faction the rogue Idol is going to now that greenskins are gone. Fingers crossed that it folds into something I can ally with once the book comes out if not directly into bone splitters its self.

I also want to point out that each sub-faction will get  its own ability, command ability, command trait and artefact of power

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bonzai said:

Ok, I have cooled down just a little. The ethereal part of the rule is still a joke, but the ignore negate wounds part is a decent, if situational ability. It stops deathless minions saves, ward saves, morathi, and a host of other abilities. It pretty much comes down to what you are going up against, and can help with grind fests that we used to lose through attrition. 

That said, I am going to miss the warclan spell and anti magic bonuses we used to get. 

Oh... and I am anxious to know what faction the rogue Idol is going to now that greenskins are gone. Fingers crossed that it folds into something I can ally with once the book comes out if not directly into bone splitters its self.

Yes the ethereal part will work only vs Nighthaunt and Ethereal Amulet combos (by by Ethereal Vampire lord on Zombie Dragon with unmodified 3+ rerroling 1).

But the ignore negate wounds is huge,  Hearthguard Berserkers loosing their 4++, Hagg Nar DoK their 5++... this is magic ! It will open a lot of mach up for us. But it is just one clan and wait and see the rest of it rules artefact and all.

The rogue idol is Greenskinz right now but they still are in the GH2019 (so still ally to us), will see if FW change the warscroll or not like the Troll Hagg for the Gloomspite Gitz.

And the 4 general alleageance abilities are all so great (well except the immune bravery that didn't change but still a ok situational buff) : 5" move at the start of the game for half the army is madness, and now we will have a 6++ against all wounds and MW so vs unit with rend we will have a 6++ (so one 6+ like we used to) and vs no rend we will have a 6+ 6++ (or 5+ 6++ for shielded units) ! More tanky then before !

Really love the news for now so wait and see for the rest, only sadness is no news models. Maybe new scrolls ?!

  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bonzai said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. As a Drakkfoot player I am concerned. Right now Drakkfoot are the spell/anti-spell casting clan. It was an expensive but very usefull niche clan to take. Now they are..... anti night haunt? REALLY?!? They went from tattooing themselves with khorne blessed blood that gives them better antimagic abilities to negating one mechanic found mostly in a single faction. So we get to keep our rend. Aside from Big Stabbas, with what units was that ever an issue? Bone splitters were always about volume of attacks, not high quality rend attacks. So now big stabbas work against night haunts....  um thanks? And what does "negates wounds" mean exactly? That is pretty vague and needs clarification. Does it only apply to abilities that specifically say "Negate"? I sincerely hope that there is a lot more to it than this, as this is terrible design as it stands and seems to have been written by some one with no concept on how the army plays.

Now I am wondering what this means for our battalions. Sounds like the clan battalions are being removed in exchange for generic sub faction choices. This will free up 140 points, which is enough to add a single extra unit. But it drastically increases the number of drops, and we lose an artifact, an extra command point, a powerful spell, and the powerful ability to negate hostile spells on a 6. This seems like a ****** deal for the Drakkfoot.

I just hope that the Kopp Rukk is unchanged or I will have to redesign my entire army.

There was no mention of any faction specific endless spells or terrain either. 

I am not impressed at all. We are losing our own battletome for this?

Well the way I understood it was that they also ignore any kind of aftersaves.

making them basically the anti daughter of khaine/morathi, Gotrek, fyreslayer, nurgle army 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bonzai said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. As a Drakkfoot player I am concerned. Right now Drakkfoot are the spell/anti-spell casting clan. It was an expensive but very usefull niche clan to take. Now they are..... anti night haunt? REALLY?!? They went from tattooing themselves with khorne blessed blood that gives them better antimagic abilities to negating one mechanic found mostly in a single faction. So we get to keep our rend. Aside from Big Stabbas, with what units was that ever an issue? Bone splitters were always about volume of attacks, not high quality rend attacks. So now big stabbas work against night haunts....  um thanks? And what does "negates wounds" mean exactly? That is pretty vague and needs clarification. Does it only apply to abilities that specifically say "Negate"? I sincerely hope that there is a lot more to it than this, as this is terrible design as it stands and seems to have been written by some one with no concept on how the army plays.

Now I am wondering what this means for our battalions. Sounds like the clan battalions are being removed in exchange for generic sub faction choices. This will free up 140 points, which is enough to add a single extra unit. But it drastically increases the number of drops, and we lose an artifact, an extra command point, a powerful spell, and the powerful ability to negate hostile spells on a 6. This seems like a ****** deal for the Drakkfoot.

I just hope that the Kopp Rukk is unchanged or I will have to redesign my entire army.

There was no mention of any faction specific endless spells or terrain either. 

I am not impressed at all. We are losing our own battletome for this?

We've seen one part of the rule. The general style for selecting a specific Subfaction in newer books is: Gains an army wide ability, gains a specific Artifact and Command Trait, gains a specific (and usually powerful) Command Ability. Don't freak out until we've seen the whole thing.

And the ability is extremely meta dependent. It completely craps on Fyreslayers, Nurgle, DoK, some Artifacts and Spells, certain Skaven builds, and dings Death a fair amount. Not to mention other Bonesplitterz. If your meta has peoeple running 20 Hearthguard Berzerkers with their 4++ and bodyguard save, well, you just scared the pants off them. Or an AGKoTG expecting to have Unholy Vitality and a Death save to keep them healthy (extra because Bonesplitterz have more anti-monster options).

It's a good ability, but situational. Let's see what else Drakkfoot get.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I meant the host of other things we are getting as a faction are solid. I look at the different tribes as "tools" we are hunters so if we are hunting spooky ghosts we're bringing Drakkfoot if were playing Sylvaneth were using Bonegrinz to force them out of the woods and not be able to run back! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bonesplitterz Warscrolls updated on the NZ site! Arrowboy link is broken but here it is fixed: https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls//aos_orruk_arrowboys_eng.pdf

Pretty much everything is a buff across the board, with a couple being sidegrades:

  • Wurrgog Prophet: +1 Wound, +1 Attack, 4+ per turn for extra CP. Fists of Gork is straight upgraded, casts on a 5+ with a 24" range now, 10+ cast is MW on 4+
  • Wardokk: Bit of a sidegrade, you pick the dance, but it goes off on a 3+. Healing, +1 to save, or +1 to cast/dispel/unbind.
  • Maniak Wierdnob: Huge upgrade. +2 attacks, Bone Spirit changed to exploding 6s to hit (unmodified) on a 7+ cast. Biggest change? Casting reroll is changes to reroll cast, unbind, dispel per turn instead of one per game. Very reliable Wizards now, and with a dope spell.
  • Big Boss: CA is now unmodified 6s deal 2 hits instead of generate an extra attack, start of combat phase, melee only. +1 attack to his weapon, still has Let Me At Em. Arrowboys need Maniaks for exploding arrows now, but overall still good.
  • All Boars are now 12" move
  • Boars are +1 hit and +1 wound on the charge instead of reroll wounds.
  • All Banners are now flat +1 Bravery instead of +2 in combat. Sidegrade.
  • Morboyz: Lost Deff Ride, but gained +1 attacks (both profiles combined), and get +1 attack at 15 or more models.
  • Savage Orruks: +1 attack on both weapon types, +1 attack at 15 or more
  • Arrowboyz: No change to the bow, slightly better melee, +1 attack to Bow at 15 or more models now 
  • Big Stabbas: Sidegrade. Changed to 3/3+/3+/-2/d3. d6 against monsters. Final Fling only goes off on a 4+ now. But, they can Run and Charge. Still good.
  • Boarboys: +2 attacks to both rider weapon profiles. 
  • Maniak Boarboys: No longer pile in at end of your combat phase, but rider weapon attack doubled. +1 attack at 5 or more models.

Big Stabbas probably got the only "downgrade" but are still playable, especially with Run + Charge. Everything else is a straight upgrade or upgrade with tweak. 

Can't wait for the rest of the book!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boarboys lost hit and run.

Wurrgog prophet lost the CA for pile in and fight.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Souleater said:

Boarboys lost hit and run.

Wurrgog prophet lost the CA for pile in and fight.

Good catches. Boarboys are likely still better since they actually can deal ok damage now and are faster. 

Prophet is... probably better? The CA was good but positional, having extra CP and a better spell is probably overall stronger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked Hit and Run with Hand of Gork for Hit & Flyby.

I got fair use out of Prophet of da Waaagh, too.

*shrug* We could see these things as options elsewhere in the tome, so even these losses may turn out to be buffs in some way. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will depend of the cost . Assuming same cost , we are winning overall (better move for boar and buff in attack accross the board for all units). However hit and run was one of my favourite ability on the boar, it was really brining something to the army. Wurgog CA was good, but i can live without it.

Can't wait to see the battletome to have the full picture!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a maniac wierdknob and 10 maniac boarboys just found a home in my ironjawz Ally slot. Or as a great waaagh. This is going to be fun 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...