AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

4 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

Hero phase: cast Hand, +1 to hit, and cogs from my 3 casters each out of 30in on the unit I want to alpha with, spend 3 CP on the boss CA, roll 3 dice to regen those with the brooch then immediately spend them again. Leave 1 CP for IP.  Move  30 arrowz up 7 inches with Krukk and cogs.

Would hand of gork not effect the hero phase move for the arrowboyz?

Edited by mcbrain
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mcbrain said:

Would hand of gork not effect the hero phase move for the arrowboyz?

That is a really common question and I think the answer is no. There may have been a time a few years back where the answer was yes or it wasn't covered (I am actually almost certain this use to fall in a grey area). I cited 2 rules from the BS book and 1 from the FAQ of the core rules that I think covers it all.

This also means the unit doesn't have fly in the charge phase which can be really nice for hopping units.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. I would love our army to be more powerful.

From pg 86 of the BS book: That unit doubles how far it can move and can Fly in your next movement phase.

From pg 97 of the BS book: The unit you pick can move as if it were the movement phase if it is more than 3"from the enemy (and is allowed to run), shoot as if it were the shooting phase, or pile in and attack as if it were the combat phase if it is within 3"of an enemy.

From pg 7 of Warhammer Age of Sigmar – Core Rules, Designers’ Commentary (I have an old FAQ on my computer, it is still on pg 7 but no longer magenta)

image.png.0e2566f11add90986ce799d597ef41b9.png

Edited by svnvaldez

Hey everyone. I think I have settled on my list now - thanks to everyone who chimed in, much appreciated!

I am now hoping I can get some advice on how to get these boyz skin to tabletop paint standard relatively fast (from a hobby perspective) as I hate grey plastic.

I am currently thinking:

• prime/undercoat with caliban green 
  • wash with beil tan green?
  • airbrush waagh flesh layer..?
  • airbrush zenithal highlight with warboss green..?
  • paint browns, stones and bones

Fine detail can happen over time - that's fine but i gotta get 90 boyz done!!!

Cheers in advance

I think the GW paint videos are one of the best things possible for getting an army painted. Here are a bunch on greenskinz to see how they are done. Pick the color you like and then use your airbrush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM7d3BK9PgQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhuDEOOelrs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFpqxHFMZXs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n3lQ-uQ8-M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcAQPZkM9NY&t=1062s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNP7p5smZyQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks4M4Kf-SoE&t=929s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Boarboyz - 2 units of 5 or 1 unit of 10? 

Maniaks feel better at 10 since you want to swing them all at once, but Boarboyz I'm not sure I care about the damage as much. 

Yeah that's how I would run it.

10x Maniaks

5x Boarboys

(Or maybe 0x Boarboys, but that's a different matter :D)

1 hour ago, amysrevenge said:

10 Maniaks can hit deceptively hard for a "Rend -" unit.  Especially with a couple allied Waaagh!s if you got 'em.

Yeah, there were a couple games where I put the Big Boss CA on them with Brutal Beast Spirits and just busted out a bunch of dice. 

So far, I've got:

Savage Big Boss
Maniak Wierdnob
Maniak Wierdnob
Wurrgog Prophet

30x Boyz with Spears
10x Boyz with Chompas
30x Arrerboyz

10x Maniak Boarboyz
5x Boyz
5x Boyz

4x Big Stabbaz

I really hate how hard it is to get legit Big Stabbas :(

Edited by Requizen

So I'm going to play at my local GW soon for my first time and I'm currently building my orruks. 

Can you suggest any 1000 points list?

You can suggest anything as I have enough miniatures, even though some are not build yet.

I thought of 

1 Prophet

1 Orruk warboss on boar with banner

30 Savage orruk arrowboyz 

2x5 maniaks 

+ Soulsnare shackles 

Or swapping the arrowboyz for 30 morboyz and bumping one maniak unit to 10

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 2:05 PM, AlmGandix3 said:

So I'm going to play at my local GW soon for my first time and I'm currently building my orruks. 

Can you suggest any 1000 points list?

You can suggest anything as I have enough miniatures, even though some are not build yet.

I thought of 

1 Prophet

1 Orruk warboss on boar with banner

30 Savage orruk arrowboyz 

2x5 maniaks 

+ Soulsnare shackles 

Or swapping the arrowboyz for 30 morboyz and bumping one maniak unit to 10

I would just keep the arrowboys unless you mind rolling a lot of dice.

1 hour ago, TheWilddog said:

Have any of you seen these new Savage Orc sculpts from Punga Miniatures? They look fantastic I am itching to get some in my hands. I hope the quality is as good as the pictures.  

na_facebook22.jpg

I ordered a couple of those individually and the quality of the ones that I got were just like the picture - except for the usual bit of flash with resin models.  If you like the sculpts and don't mind the prices then they are a great addition.

In addition, both Kromlech and Maxmini have very nice sets of Savage Orc heads that look great added into the plastic bonesplitter models.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I come with a bit of rumor mongering.

I visited my local GW today and the store manager mentioned to me that in the most recent batch of HQ ordered product returns he had to send back all copies of the Bonesplitterz battletome.  So they have basically pulled it completely from the shelves - at least in my local area.

I suspect that means a replacement will be coming soon.  But that is just a guess.  Make of this what you will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

Would the Savage Big Boss's command ability stack? I'm guessing it's just a one time buff thing? 

The ability itself does apply to the newly generated attacks, right? I was thinking of making use of a Greenskinz Warboss the extra attack command ability and comboing that with the Big Boss's, so there'd be 2+ chances to get extra attacks, which themselves could get extra attacks. Coupled with the kunnin' best spirits, that's 5+. 

Real shame the 3x Fungoid Cave Shamans + a warboss is 10pts over the ally limit of 2k games. So close... 

Interested in Bonespitterz because the models are so cool. The boars are particularly cute.

What would a starting shopping list be? Around the 1kpts range. Not looking to go to tournaments but local group has a mix of fluffy through to competitive players.

Thank you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Souleater said:

Okay. What would be a good starting list at 1kpts then?

I think some people posted 1k armies in this thread. I posted some before but sadly I had no chance to test them yet. Just browse through the pages since last year september (some time after the ghb 2018) and the feedback of everyone on the units heroes and combos.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 5:12 AM, Floom said:

Would the Savage Big Boss's command ability stack?

Yes, it stacks.  The FAQ states that they all stack unless specifically noted otherwise...the Wurggog Prophet is an example of one that was changed to specifically note otherwise.

The SBB does not specifically note otherwise, and therefore it stacks :D

10 hours ago, Killamike said:

I'd be so pumped for any type of orruk battletome release.  

Or ogres.  

I am pretty sure it’s coming.  During the Q&As at Warhammer Fest this weekend they seem to have confirmed that there is at least one book for each Grand Alliance still coming this year.  They also mentioned that right now the story is mainly being driven by Death, but Destruction will be the focus next in terms of driving the story.

That said, I would not expect anything aside from a rewrite of Bonesplitterz or Ironjawz in terms of Orruk books.  Hopefully they tackle Ogres soon as well.  I would also not expect much more than a rewrite book with a terrain piece and some endless spells.  

Personally I would like to see some form of big centerpiece kit for Bonesplitterz since the army is really missing that, but I honestly don’t expect to see it happening soon.  I would be happy with a book rewrite where they do a better job making all of the units useful and have a good role.  I would like to see Savage Orcs as an actual compelling option rather than just totally outclassed by Morboyz and Arrer Boyz.

In addition I would really like the army to return to playing more like the Savage Orc fluff (both from the Old World and from the 1st AoS Battletome) where it is primarily a melee force comprised of a horde of frenzied psychopaths trying to beat everything to death with sticks and rocks - rather than the shooting force it became.  I don’t believe that build was really purposeful on GWs part.  I know that might be controversial for some, but it’s just my opinion and preference.  I think the shooting should be present in the army and I don’t think it should be poor.  I also would like shooting heavy builds to still be possible, but I just don’t want that to be the only way to play the army - or even the primary way.

• Like 1