AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

40 minutes ago, Arael said:

Game won 15-14 by bonesplitterz, a very good game fought to the last roll. 

Love to see a very similar list to one of mine win this matchup.
I would personally put the aetherquartz brooch on 1 of the wardokks, since they can stay near a blob anyways, all protected and to put the Mystic Waaagh! Paint on the Wurrgog. The Wurrgog has 2 unbinds, so you would double benefit from it. The other thing I would change, is swap hand of gork(or mork) with the wardokk's Gorkamorka's Warcy. It's more likely to be effective, because he has 1 bravery higher than a wardokk. I can understand if you did it for the better casting on the wardokk, but you can also weird dance him up. if you like to, making it a bunch more likely to go off well and be succesful as well as having like +3 if not more on his unbinds as well, on 36" range if you put the Mystic Waaagh! Paint on him as well. Heavy magic dominance.

Edited by That Guy
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@svnvaldez yeah, they were quite handy to have in a couple of games, mainly in one game against a Mixed Destruction list with a few monsters.

They were a useful threat to deter charges (parked behind the front row of my Arrow Boys), or to punish people who did charge.

Overall I'm not sure if I'd be better off with 4 more CPs to OctoBang the Command Ability Turn 1, and guarantee the Triumph.  Maybe.  But they are the only fun part of the list (and are summonable), so that would probably tilt me to keeping them if I ran the list again.

I really want to run a Big Stabbas focussed list at some point this year, 2 big blocks in a Teef Rukk with all the pile ins and allies Warboss.  Would be pretty cool I reckon.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 2:07 PM, svnvaldez said:

How many 6 ups did you roll to get a unit back? The soul crushing look of both players when 30 arrowz comes back!

Haha just the one, but I only had 2 games where I lost units so I didn't roll that many dice at it.

It was 30 Arrow Boys that came back on a 6 though!  I'll do a proper write up later.

Edit: I'm gonna do a List Rundown on THWG which I will link here, and write up the batreps directly on here.  I think that will be the best format.

Edited by PlasticCraic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/18/2019 at 6:00 PM, PlasticCraic said:

Just for fun, what would be everyone's Big Stabbinest list?

I've got 12 bases but I've never used them all at once, quite keen to give it a go!

I ran a unit of 6 big stabbas in a 1250 point list last night.  They were a great deterrent and killed 10 ripperdactyls themselves.  Seven in one combat. (6 from their attacks and the 7th from da final fling of the lone stabba I lost in return)

Edited by mcbrain
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PlasticCraic said:

Let's see some lists!

We need to all mail each other our Big Stabbas to borrow! I only own 8 lol. Side note: How amazing would it be if you got 2 free stabbas for every 8 orruks and they were just part of the unit (like netters) with mixed bases. This would be cool for ogres as well that come with a few grots in the box. Help them gain models for objectives. I really like the idea of mixed based units.

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- General
- Trait: Squirmy Warpaint 
- Artefact: Mystic Waaagh! Paint 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Brutal Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Hand of Gork or Mork
Orruk Warboss (140)
- Great Waaagh Banner
- Allies

Battleline
5 x Savage Boarboys (100)
- Chompas
- Chompas
- Chompas

Units
8 x Savage Big Stabbas (400)

Battalions
Teef Rukk (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 140 / 400
Wounds: 159

Edited by svnvaldez
  • Haha 2

The "Who Fights First" article throws us a minor bone by the way.

Probably just cementing what we already knew, but if Boarboy Maniaks pile in for the second time at the end of the phase, and bring in a unit that was previously not in combat, that unit will not get to retaliate because the "during" window has passed - they cannot be selected as an alternating unit in the "end of" sub phase.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was thinking something like this, sticking to 12 bases because that's what I own:

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- General
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Wardokk (100)
Orruk Warboss (140) Allies
- Great Waaagh Banner

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruk Morboys (300)
- Stikkas
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)

Units
4 x Savage Big Stabbas (200)

Battalions
Teef Rukk (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 140 / 400
Wounds: 182

Edited by PlasticCraic
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

What would you put around them in a 2000 points list @mcbrain

Just mucking about at work...

Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Orruk Warboss (140)
- Great Waaagh Banner
- Allies
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Allies
Savage Big Boss (120)
- Artefact: Glowin Tattooz 
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Hand of Gork or Mork
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- General
- Trait: Squirmy Warpaint 
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Brutal Beast Spirits

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (420)
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
- Chompas
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
- Chompas

Units

Battalions
Teef Rukk (100)
Kunnin' Rukk (200)

Endless Spells
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 230 / 400
Wounds: 160

GIMME ALL DA CPs!!!!!

Edited by mcbrain
  • Like 1

I've posted up the Rundown for my Bonegrinz list, take a look and let me know your honest feedback.

I'm not one of those people who asks for feedback and then tries to shoot it all down to prove they were "right", so please do let me know your thoughts on any changes you would make!  Especially with the Big Stabbas - would you keep them in there, or is that a bit of fat?

https://thehonestwargamer.com/aos-list-rundowns/dakka-dakka-dakka-shooting-is-back-baby/

Edit: Browing the Rundowns on THWG, I noticed that Ben Savva has a very similar list (he did use the 200 points differently, taking a Prophet and Cogs instead of the Stabbas).  

FWIW I did not copy Ben's list, we arrived at similar lists independently, as this post of mine from January hopefully demonstrates!  And I'm sure he used it better than me too :D

Edited by PlasticCraic
  • Like 2

FWIW I did not copy Ben's list, we arrived at similar lists independently, as this post of mine from January hopefully demonstrates!  And I'm sure he used it better than me too :D

Your name carries more weight here than his does, mate.  At least to me it does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All these lists are just Nicky Myland's list from Dec 2017 :) And I don't even remember the dudes name who was smashing face with double Krukk when arrows were 100 points for 10 and capped at 40! I think whoever that was has to be the OG krukk player.

Just found a file on my computer titled "1. GH1 - x - Rob Sedgemans.pdf" Sometime long ago in the age of GH1 at event "x" this list was ran lol. I'm a total loser who has tried to back up all well placing GT destruction lists. Now that Dan from AOSshorts does it so well I have gotten lazy.

The legendary "Da Great Green"... what a name. This man knew his list was destined for greatness.

Edited by svnvaldez
  • LOVE IT! 1

Man, those points values make me so nostalgic!

Yeah I remember that one, with Sedge playing on "The Stream" before it was even a thing!  It was some event at WHW (not a Heat, it was called Warlords or something) that was broadcast on YouTube - maybe the videos are still up?

Sedge played Terry Pike ,with Rob Symes commentating and the book was brand new.  Terry was using Kairos to control the priority roll and still couldn't win priority :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

Especially with the Big Stabbas - would you keep them in there, or is that a bit of fat?

Serious note thou... I don't know if it is better, I don't know if it is more fun, but Bonegrinz with the mandatory 2 casters is 1750. Ever played with adding in gloomspite endless spells? Do we still need 1 drop? would 2 or 3 be fine? Add in the mushroom bomb and a caster to come in at 1910? maybe add in a cave sham? This is 2 drops. You can't cast both those spells in a single turn but maybe you will have games where they can't dispell 1 and you get the other up as well. Might be a blast to play with.

If you own 2 models and pay twice can you have 2 mushroom bombs? Pretty sure there are some rules on that in the endless spell section but I don't remember if it says yes you can or no you can't. 100% you can't cast 2 in the same turn but maybe you can lay down double clouds over 2 turns.

Ben Savva's list is nice since he uses those 250 for 2 unbinds with +1 (Prophet and paint) and adds cogs for 1 of the 2 spells the prophet will be casting. I don't have the book open but I think cogs is 2 to movement (in any phase?) so that is an extra 4 inches of alpha strike if he needs it. 2 in the hero and 2 in move (double check that). I have seen him play on stream in which if he alpha strikes he then typically charges (at +4 from cogs and drums) to tag a single model in to slow the enemy down for a turn.

Leaders
Savage Big Boss (120)
- General
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Allies

Battleline
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
- Chompas
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
- Chompas

Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (200)
Bonegrinz Warclan (110)

Endless Spells
Scuttletide (30)
Mork's Mighty Mushroom (80)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Allies: 90 / 400
Wounds: 182

Edited by svnvaldez
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, svnvaldez said:

Ben Savva's list is nice since he uses those 250 for 2 unbinds with +1 (Prophet and paint) and adds cogs for 1 of the 2 spells the prophet will be casting. I don't have the book open but I think cogs is 2 to movement (in any phase?) so that is an extra 4 inches of alpha strike if he needs it. 2 in the hero and 2 in move (double check that). I have seen him play on stream in which if he alpha strikes he then typically charges (at +4 from cogs and drums) to tag a single model in to slow the enemy down for a turn.

Yeah I like that, very smart.  Threatening the back board turn 1 with your shooting, then +5 to charge when you add in Brutal Beast Spirits, Zooooooooom!

Gives you quite a few cracks at dispelling too, with the 2x casts from the Prophet (3x if you choose to slow down Cogs).

33 minutes ago, svnvaldez said:

If you own 2 models and pay twice can you have 2 mushroom bombs? Pretty sure there are some rules on that in the endless spell section but I don't remember if it says yes you can or no you can't. 100% you can't cast 2 in the same turn but maybe you can lay down double clouds over 2 turns.

No it's one of each spell per army (I have had a game where both players cast Cogs :D).  I do like the suggestion though.

Edited by PlasticCraic
  • Like 1