AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

I don't see a lot of 2k point lists on here so I just figured I'd throw mine in the mix here for comment and improvement. I'm new to Bonesplitterz and had some struggle to figure out how to not get melted off the board quickly, and this is the first Bonesplitterz list I've had good success with sofar. Big takeaway here is that the Rogue Idol is a big problem on the board that needs to be dealt with, and so is the block of 30 archers with all the buffs. I would like to try to work in the maniak weirdnob into this list for his spell to allow re-rolling 1's/re-rolling failed hit rolls for the archers. Its already a pretty killer block with the brutal beast spirit buff and the savage big boss' command ability. 

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- General
- Trait: Prophet of da Waaagh! 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Brutal Beast Spirits
Savage Big Boss (120)
- Granite Choppas
- Artefact: Dokk Juice 
Wardokk (100)
Wardokk (100)
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Hand of Gork or Mork
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (420)
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
5 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (140)
5 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (140)
Rogue Idol (400)
- Allies
Kunnin' Rukk (200)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 400 / 400
Wounds: 168

It's a good list, my suggestion would be either replace 10 savage orruk by 10 morbys (same cost, much better) And upgrade some wardock to Weirnob (as you say, it's spell is really good.

I think you could downgrade the Boarboys maniak into regular Boar (you already have damage spike with arrowboys, so you save point and Retreat and charge might serve you better than double pile in)

tweaking your list, i would probably end up with this;

Wurrgog Prophet (140)
Savage Big Boss (120)
- Granite Choppas
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Wardokk (100)
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
5 x Savage Boarboyz (100)
Rogue Idol (400)
Kunnin' Rukk (200)

Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 189

• Like 2

I agree with what you're saying @broche, and it is a good army.  

A couple of things:

- Agreed on the Morr Boys, the only reason you'd ever take SOs is a single unit to fill out the Kunnin Rukk requirements

- IMO Maniak Weirdnob is essential for the reroll casts.  That's more valuable in this build that a 1/3 chance of another +1 to cast, becuase you can cast from outside of unbind range (HOG is infinite range, you can tail back to BBS).  I would be cautious about building a list without 2 MWNs (1 for each key spell), but I agree that 1 is a lot better than 0

- Just a heads up @Gobsmakka, the rerolls are very powerful but IMO they are the main culprit of slowing down the game with Kunnin Rukk.  The shooting goes a lot faster withouth them so I tend to only use it in emergencies.  Might not be as big a problem with only 1 big block of Arrow Boys, how are you finding it?

- My own take on it would be this (but I think all the variations are viable):

Balanced Version:

Spoiler

Leaders
Savage Big Boss (120)
- General
- Stonecleava
- Trait: Squirmy Warpaint 
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Mystic Waaagh! Paint 
Wardokk (100)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Bone Krusha

Battleline
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)
10 x Savage Orruk Morboys (120)

Behemoths
Rogue Idol (400)

Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (200)

Wounds: 169

Extreme Version:

Spoiler

Leaders
Savage Big Boss (120)
- General
- Stonecleava
- Trait: Squirmy Warpaint 
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Wardokk (100)
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Bone Krusha

Battleline

Behemoths
Rogue Idol (400)

Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (200)

Wounds: 174

• Like 2

Yeah  reroll are really anoying for Ruk.  Burning 3 CP with big boss on turn 2 for double Ruk is sure power full, but it's not very fun (for you and your opponent) In tournament in might become problematic with the time limit as well especially agains an army that can withstand the shooting (like fyreslayer)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, broche said:

Yeah  reroll are really anoying for Ruk.  Burning 3 CP with big boss on turn 2 for double Ruk is sure power full, but it's not very fun (for you and your opponent) In tournament in might become problematic with the time limit as well especially agains an army that can withstand the shooting (like fyreslayer)

If i runnin kunnin..I almost alway use the assault dice app. It is GW endorsed, super easy, and super fast. I am not exagerating that i can do an entire fully buffed Rukk (+1 to hit/exp 6's/reroll 1's) in less than a min. Its honestly the ONLY reason i came back to the kunnin rukk bc i was in the same camp having 15 min volleys pickin dice and such

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Oreaper84 said:

If i runnin kunnin..I almost alway use the assault dice app. It is GW endorsed, super easy, and super fast. I am not exagerating that i can do an entire fully buffed Rukk (+1 to hit/exp 6's/reroll 1's) in less than a min. Its honestly the ONLY reason i came back to the kunnin rukk bc i was in the same camp having 15 min volleys pickin dice and such

I'm unfortunately an android user and it doesn't look like that app is available yet for it. Is dice rolling app generally accepted in the tournament scene? My normal weekly club play is very casual with the time and most games are usually in the 3-3.5 hour time frame if they even finish, due to lots of talking and discussing tactics along the way. 

Last time I played bonesplitter was in LVO 2018, at that time I didn't know a dice rolling app was available.

Before the tournament I was working on a classic kunnin ruk list with all the buff. But when i went to the list at a local tournameent i never got past round 2. So I decided to drop the Ruk all together, keeping the Arrowboys but with no hero phase and dice reroll shenanigan. Not sure if the list was better in the end, but it was sure more fun to play for everyone (me and my opponents).

Obviously if a dice rollling apps can solve a volley in a minutes, that change the paradigm.

1 hour ago, Gobsmakka said:

I'm unfortunately an android user and it doesn't look like that app is available yet for it. Is dice rolling app generally accepted in the tournament scene? My normal weekly club play is very casual with the time and most games are usually in the 3-3.5 hour time frame if they even finish, due to lots of talking and discussing tactics along the way. 

IDK about most dice rolling APP's but Assault Dice uses a physics engine instead of a random number generator. It is officially endorsed by GW so id say there shouldn't be an issue either way, that being said everyone I've used it against hasn't had a problem, in fact on the contrary they thought it was cool.

9 hours ago, Gobsmakka said:

I'm unfortunately an android user and it doesn't look like that app is available yet for it. Is dice rolling app generally accepted in the tournament scene?

I've got the app on Android, I've had it since Bonesplitterz dropped in fact for that very reason! Doesn't seem to be in the Play Store now though...Maybe if you are tech savvy there is a way to get the file from a friend who already has it?

I've never used it at a tournament personally, I think some opponents wouldn't like it. If someone thought dice rolling was part of the experience I couldn't force them to accept it. 

On 10/19/2018 at 7:05 PM, PlasticCraic said:

I've never used it at a tournament personally, I think some opponents wouldn't like it. If someone thought dice rolling was part of the experience I couldn't force them to accept it. 

Plus if someone was desperate, couldn't they somehow make a counterfeit app that looked 95% like the app but with altered odds? (then again loaded dice are already a thing)

I don't know anything about App development so no idea if thats even possible.

Edited by kenshin620

Eja people ?

Want some feedback from other headbashed crazied shaman about this list. 

The idea behindin short is to have overbuffed unit fight 2-3 combat phase per round. 

A really good magic phase and some mass make the rest

Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- General
- Trait: Waaagh Monger 
- Artefact: Ju-ju Wotnotz 
Wardokk (100)
- Artefact: Talisman of the Watcher 
Wardokk (100)
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Kunnin' Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Squiggly Curse

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruk Morboys (300)

Units
2 x Savage Big Stabbas (100)

Battalions
Drakkfoot Warclan (140)
Kop Rukk (200)
Teef Rukk (100)

Endless Spells
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Extra Command Points: 3
Wounds: 188

Hey Bonesplitterz

Any suggestions for a noob to the savage orruks? I love Greenskinz (both grots and orruks), but I found the Ironjawz a little slow and to elite. If I'm playing Greenskinz I want a horde of bodies charging around and getting stuck in. 

I've heard that the arrow boys were nerfed and my local meta includes Deepkin so I don't think focus too much on range. 

Would would be balanced 1,000 point starter list that can do a bit of range damage/bodies for objectives, has some speed, and a decent amount of magic? 

Any advice would be welcome! 

...oh and WAAAGH!!! ;) 

2 hours ago, Arael said:

Eja people ?

The idea behindin short is to have overbuffed unit fight 2-3 combat phase per round. 

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- General
Wardokk (100)
Wardokk (100)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)

Battleline

Units

Battalions
Drakkfoot Warclan (140)
Kop Rukk (200)
Teef Rukk (100)

Endless Spells
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

I think the teef ruk is a bit much on this one....i know its cheap, but personally i like the bigger units of stabbas, id swap it for another unit to do some objective grabbin, maybe 5 boar boys.....that way the rest of the list can get to smashing

2 hours ago, Arael said:

Eja people ?

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- General
Wardokk (100)
Wardokk (100)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)

Battleline

Units

Battalions
Drakkfoot Warclan (140)
Kop Rukk (200)
Teef Rukk (100)

Endless Spells
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

I like the list overall.  My big concern is that too many points are tied up in Battalions. The strength of Bonesplitterz is just mobbing with bodies and my gut says those Battalion points would be better spent on some more green dudes.  Also I love the mounted Orruk Warboss as an ally in this fighty a list.  For 140 his banner gives re-roll to all wounds for Orruks and his command ability spams extra attacks for Orruks.  I converted one up to look savage and play him in just about every list I take, he is a buff monster.

29 minutes ago, Hankster said:

Hey Bonesplitterz

Any suggestions for a noob to the savage orruks? I love Greenskinz (both grots and orruks), but I found the Ironjawz a little slow and to elite. If I'm playing Greenskinz I want a horde of bodies charging around and getting stuck in. 

I've heard that the arrow boys were nerfed and my local meta includes Deepkin so I don't think focus too much on range. 

Would would be balanced 1,000 point starter list that can do a bit of range damage/bodies for objectives, has some speed, and a decent amount of magic? 

Any advice would be welcome! 

...oh and WAAAGH!!! ;) 

so arrer boyz did get a bit of a nerf....but they are still great

you could actually make a rather mean 1k in the following

Wurrgog

Savage Big Boss

30 arrowboyz

10 savage orcs

kunnin ruk

gives you a lot of shenanigans at 1k and is pretty mean and has all the boddies

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

If you buy 4 boyz kits $200 USD (80 bodies). You can build 8 stabbas (16 bodies), 2 units of 30 (60 bodies), and 4 warddoks like above (4 bodies). 

Good call.  I’ve had some Bonesplitterz sitting on the shelf since Christmas that I wasn’t sure how I was going to build them.  This gives me a plan.  Thanks.

• LOVE IT! 1

10 hours ago, TheWilddog said:

I like the list overall.  My big concern is that too many points are tied up in Battalions. The strength of Bonesplitterz is just mobbing with bodies and my gut says those Battalion points would be better spent on some more green dudes.  Also I love the mounted Orruk Warboss as an ally in this fighty a list.  For 140 his banner gives re-roll to all wounds for Orruks and his command ability spams extra attacks for Orruks.  I converted one up to look savage and play him in just about every list I take, he is a buff monster.

The banner gives re-rolls of wound rolls of 1 for units within 16" when they attack in the combat phase.