AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Hi! New user here!

Looking to get back into Warhammer through AoS and I have been looking (a bit too much :) ) at all the different armies to find something nice to start with. I have narrowed it down to a few factions, one of which is our dear Bonesplitterz.

They look super fun to paint and build around but I have a rough time coming up with good and affordable ways to make a solid 1000 pts list... Does anyone here have any ideas? I really like the mounted units :) 

@SatanicBrew if you like pigs you can start with something like this (around 200USD)

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Savage Big Boss (120)
- Granite Choppas
5 x Savage Boarboyz (100)
5 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (140)
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)

Total: 1000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 20
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 93

Problem with Bonesplitta is that they are expensive (all wizard are resin and they don't have a start collecting boxe. Boar are good value, you get 10 boars for 50$ US. The are also very good overall units (both verison. Maybe look for used model, you never know!

3 minutes ago, broche said:

@SatanicBrew if you like pigs you can start with something like this (around 200USD)

Wurrgog Prophet (140)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Savage Big Boss (120)
- Granite Choppas

Total: 1000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 20
Wounds: 93

Problem with Bonesplitta is that they are expensive (all wizard are resin and they don't have a start collecting boxe. Boar are good value, you get 10 boars for 50$ US. The are also very good overall units (both verison. Maybe look for used model, you never know!

@broche Thanks for the help! Looks like a fun list :)

Is GW hinting that Bonesplittas or some other destruction faction may be getting dragons/drakes? In this new article about dragon lore, they specifically point out bonesplittas with an accompanying art picture (granted it was talking about how they hunt dragons rather than tame/ride them).

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/08/09/9th-aug-lore-dragons-and-drakes-of-the-mortal-realmsgw-homepage-post-1/

Outside of the Maw-krushas (and the hardy Wyverns) ridden by the Orruks, dragons and drakes are more likely to be hunted as prey by the forces of Destruction. The Bonesplitterz in particular revel in hunting and slaying draconic creatures and stealing the rich soul essence from within their skeletons.

AoSDragonsAndDrakes-Aug9-BonesplitterzHu

3 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Is GW hinting that Bonesplittas or some other destruction faction may be getting dragons/drakes? In this new article about dragon lore, they specifically point out bonesplittas with an accompanying art picture (granted it was talking about how they hunt dragons rather than tame/ride them).

I think this post about Dragons probably has more to do with them selling the 3 elf dragons for the next week.

1 minute ago, froo said:

I think this post about Dragons probably has more to do with them selling the 3 elf dragons for the next week.

Yea thats most likely it, but weirdly interesting that they specifically single out bonesplittas. I mean don't Beastclaw Raiders also deal with dragons sometimes?

Then again they also mentioned the thunderscorn and maybe they're hinting beastmen update!!! ? (I'm just so starved for any solid aos rumors other than malign portents!)

Looking at it the other way, it would seem odd if they did a whole article about dragons that didn't mention how much Bonesplitters enjoy krumpin' in their 'eads. (I wouldn't read more into it than that - Bonesplitters have a special relationship with the slaying of large beasties that BCR and others don't.)

Yeah I agree with @amysrevenge...they are just going through every GA and mentioning their relationship with dragons, then at the end culminating in "Look, you can buy some dragons". 

Just a bit of fun and an advertising piece really.  In that context would be weird if they didn't mention that our main interaction with Dragons is killing them - I don't think there's anything more than that going on really.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to all, I'm looking for a bit of advice, I have a doubles tournament coming in October consisting of two 1000 point armies. I have a few other army options but one I've been tempted with is bonesplitterz, so was wondering on critique for my planned list.

The ally I have plays iron jaws so I wanted to stay somewhat in theme with him, his army is as follows-

Mega boss maw krusha 

6 gore grunta

10 boyz 

Warchanter

I would be looking at allying in - 

Leaders
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- General
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask 
Orruk Warboss (140)
- Massive Choppa
- Allies

Battleline
10 x Savage Boarboyz (200)

Total: 940 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 140 / 200
Wounds: 102

Not having played bones before I was wondering any weaknesses of the list/combined lists.

Thanks!

Depend what you're ironjawz list look like. Before AOS2, 30 arrowboys was a good choice (as it filled 2 things Ironjawz lacked, bodies and shooting) but now they come at 420 pts, so not an option anymore. 

some Big stabbas could be a nice choice, extra rend 2 and mortal output can never be bad (and they have 3'' reach wich is really good), but you have no real way to buff them making them suboptimal. And Ironjawz already have lots of rend. 

In the Ironjawz thread, i've argued that a good choice could be the Savage boar boys. The got a discount in AoS 2 (now 100 for 5). They add mobility give you access to retreat and charge (which is in my opinion one of the best ability of the game). 

Problem is that allies will not benefit from allegiance and other Ironjawz ability. Meaning they won't count / get affected by Megaboss waaagh and won't trigger smashing and bashing. So it's a think twice.

Started Bonesplitterz lately, though kinda unsure how to make my boxes of boyz.

I've got enough to make 4 Big Stabbas. But the 32 left, I don't know about.

What's the general competitive choice for Savage Orruks? Regulars or Morrboyz? Tempted to go Arrowboyz too but... that's an expensive investment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!

It's all fallen silent on the Bonesplitterz thread so like any good Warboss I've come to agitate da boyz! 

First of all, here's a WIP picture of one of my "Brute Stabbaz" :) I've been adapting my army to a narrative for the RAW 2019 event. This model represents a Bonesplitter that has spent many years in the Realm of Metal and has adopted some of its customs in terms of dress - particularly with the crude armour he wears. 

More importantly,  @Kanamorf we never heard back from your fortunes at BOBO! 

How's everyone been faring on the table-top recently?

Cheers all

41991875_1874511629330270_1443893921024311296_n.jpg

• Like 4

Was looking at a list like this for Icebone:

Maniak Weirdnob - General
Maniak Weirdnob
Wardokk
Wardokk
Orruk Warboss (Ally)

Boarboy Maniak x 15
Boarboy Maniak x 10
Boarboy Maniak x 5
Boarboy Maniak x 5

Chronomantic Cogs

Snaga Rukk
Icebone Warclan

1950/2000

2 drops.  Wardokk can give +1 to casting rolls, Maniak Weirdnob can reroll casting roll.  Try to cast Hand of Gork/Mork, cast Chronomantic Cogs, slingshot your Maniaks down the field, stack the Warboss Banner x 3 (auto-run 6" if needed to get him center of board), and wipe stuff out.  With 11" riding from the Snaga Rukk, and +5" charge (cogs, thumper, command trait on the Weirdnob), your army has a good chance of getting into combat 1st turn if you really wanted to.  The Double Pile in results in hundreds and hundreds of attacks (30, if not killed, would be 2 x 150 Chompaz, and 2 x 150 tusks).  Yeesh.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, last year i played a 1500 tournament, not big deal but i get  2nd place, and i havent played with bonesplitaass now in second edition, so do yo have any 1500 competitive list to give it a try.

this is the list that i played in that tournament(obviously not the same points)

Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- General
- Trait: Squirmy Warpaint 
- Artefact: Dokk Juice 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Brutal Beast Spirits
Savage Big Boss (120)
- Granite Choppas
- Artefact: Savage Trophy 
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (420)
20 x Savage Orruks (240)
4 x Savage Big Stabbas (200)
Kunnin' Rukk (200)

Total: 1520 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 158 

• 2 weeks later...

So looking at a couple different lists to do something very different to my stormcast currently thinking about a couple options 

Option 1

Leaders
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
Wardokk (100)

Battleline
15 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (420)

Battalions
Snaga Rukk (170)
Icebone Warclan (160)

Total: 1930 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Wounds: 143

Option 2

Leaders
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)

Battleline
15 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (420)

Behemoths
Rogue Idol (400)

Battalions
Snaga Rukk (170)

Total: 1930 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 148

I really love the Idol model and will no doubt get one eventually. I had another Idol list that had more wizards in it but it meant taking out some maniaks and I'm already concerned I don't really have enough models on the table. Also not sure it's worth spending 300points on battallions just to make it one drop but that combined with the 11inch move could be good. Also both lists have the points to add an endless spell or two. Cogs would be the obvious choice but I think I might be better off taking something that deals damage 

On 10/13/2018 at 6:30 PM, bonzai said:

I found a local shop that does weekly 1k tournaments. Anyone have any suggestions for strong 1k lists? I imagine pork heavy is the way to go, but I don't have much experience at these lower point levels.

Actually pork heavy is kinda the opposite direction id go for smaller pointed games. Our foot troops are the most cost effective, and pigs get the best use as a distraction flanker/objective grabber, or as a giant target seeking missile with all the buffs. Problem at low points is that there isn't enough to do either really well so i suppose you can use pigs but it will be an uphill battle.

Foot sloggers on the other hand become a major nuisance for your opponent in low points. Not a lot of people have the tools to remove a whole 30 blob in less than 2-3 turns, let alone if you run multiple. Id suggest at 1K running a mix of units, but id def add on large foot marching unit....the flavor of which will differ on personal preference.