AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

On 3/5/2021 at 10:32 AM, Bonesplitterz said:

Absolutely LOVE your list, never saw a list like this before.. 4 battalions? Hell Yeah... really.. Bonesplitterz are crazy right?  😎

If you have time, can you post some pointers and generals tips for using the list?

Thanks a LOT!

Thanks.

I did a tournament report a couple of page before, where i made a decent 4-1, loss against my own Kharadron list. Won against FEC, Fyreslayers, Changehost and Lurid Haze.

It all depends on the matchup and the scenarios. You wont kill 50 blightkings with -2 to hit. Empty throne varanguard are impossible to kill.

Sometimes, just make a screen and give the first turn. then doubleshot your ennemy.

Sometimes you should be very aggressive and use your Tireless Trackers movement to put yourself in position of double shot, or at least, threatens your opponent to do so and force him do deploy fay away.

Here is another exemple that happen last week :

Faced a fierce opponent, Nahash, a Necromancer and 3X40 chainrasps. My captain paired us on places of arcane power, which is probably my best scenario.

I deploy my  2 units of 20 close to the center, with a warboss at center, a warboss near the top objective and the weirdnob and boars near the left one. He deployed his gosts close and Nagash a bit far to avoid a turn 1 oneshot. I used Tireless tracher to move two 20 archers unit in 18"range and 3 heroes to move closer to each objectives
I took the turn 1, Fist of Gorked a unit in half, shot it to nothing. Movement : 3 heroes on objectives and a wall of wounds around them. Shot again another unit in half in the shooting phase. 

His turn 1 and double turn2 he resurected his whole army, manage to hand of dust the weirdnob and began to grind through my archers, losing a quarter of them.

My turn2 and double turn3 I did nothing but score point, barely shot an arrow. I used a double movement kunin shenanigan with a 10 archers unit to engage within3 of his necromancer to prevent him from capturing a point (because he would disengage doing so)

His turn3 he killed a second hero but is unable to kill the third for the rest of the game so  i won. 22-12.

The game from my point of view : Just as planned.

Another quick exemple :

Same list against Greywater fatness on escalation.

3-4rocket battery with the bataillon, 2 gyros and 2 gunhaulers 20 shooters and 50 longbearbs, a couple of support heroes too.

Turn0 Moved 40 archers, the wurgog and 2 heroes 8" away.

I took Turn1 Double shoted the dawis, fist of gorked them, killed all 50. Put myself on objectives.

End of the game. The rest is just me enjoying taking a shower of fire and bullets, spending Cp for bravery immunity and saying "good luck taking thoses objectives with your shooters and artillery."

Score : 12-0

Edited by kozokus
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, kozokus said:

Additionnal note :

This is by far the cheapest army i ever had.

3 box of boys

1 box of boar

4 heroes, two are finecast 20+€ and two at 12€

Less than 250€ total painting not included.

So I tried out your quad battalion list in a tournament recently with a twist, I had changed out to the wurgog mask(laser mask as we call it) and I see you have it in now! I went 2-1, losing in the final round to fyreslayers after absolutely destroying SoB in round 1 and being kunnin enough to outscore Kroaknado list in round 2.

The biggest change I did was using 10x2 melee boys instead of 10x2 arrowboys. They felt a fair bit more durable, especially against no rend targets 5+ 6+ 6+. Then again, I usually run a block of 30 melee boys all buffed up so maybe I am missing something special about the 2 small arrow units. 

Edited by Belmail
  • LOVE IT! 1

My copycat version of the list that I have been building in RL is basically this. I already have the Savage Orruks so I opted for 2x10.

I was 50/50 on the mask vs the paint but went mask in the end. With the 6++/6++ it is very unlikely that you will kill yourself with the mask. On the other hand, it is very likely that you do 4/5/6 damage to something.

I don't have a balewind, and I don't want to bid against Kroaknados to get one. The mobility of not being on one will better I feel. Like if I have to follow a screen or something.

1960pts, Triumph? Great. Not giving a Triumph to my opponent. Even better.

Tireless Trackers 8"? Yes please.

But yeah. BCR tier list. Where the heck is our Start Collecting Bonesplitterz? I would save on those Finecasts.

16 hours ago, Boggler said:

But yeah. BCR tier list. Where the heck is our Start Collecting Bonesplitterz? I would save on those Finecasts.

I believe it is out of question with only 2 kits, and 3 out of 4 heroes are finecast and the last one is still sold with a built-in square base that you have to rearrange to fit on a 32mm round base.

On 3/9/2021 at 7:11 AM, kozokus said:

Additionnal note :

This is by far the cheapest army i ever had.

3 box of boys

1 box of boar

4 heroes, two are finecast 20+€ and two at 12€

Less than 250€ total painting not included.

So, I was on the edge of selling my savages but I decided to try your list.

Your list is a blast to play! Totally recharged my excitement for the army.

There are so many movement shenanigans. The Icebone command ability is sweet. Even though I struggled to get a hero ww/12 for it, I can see myself tagging the end of a scary unit and retreating at the end of the combat phase for that -2 to charge (making their minimum 3" charge a 5"). I find myself using the boars to simply tag stuff, forcing a retreat or sub optimal pile in. Because of that, I wish I could use shield boars instead of the swingier maniaks in snaga rukk.

The super-battalion makes our 6+ save army deceptively tanky.  Shoot twice arrow boys are just bursty enough in a pinch, though move twice is just as useful. I do think the 10s should be shield boys though, as they need all the extra tankyness they can get.

Thank you for sharing the list! You saved my army from ebay!

Edit: I rolled a double on BoG my first time trying the list. You haven't lived until you've moved 36" flying pigs.

Edited by Verminlord

DF7EED0C-80A9-4BFB-B33E-8D265982ADA3.jpeg.7190a4b1cf1428b623c89828cd3430ff.jpeg

Wanted to share this fun kitbash I did to better distinguish between the two Savage Big Bosses being run in Zoom League at moment.  His Boss Chompa made from 10 Ardboyz weapons.  In narrative they are the weapons of Ardboyz in a Big Waaagh!!! that the Savage Big Boss did not feel were charging with sufficient zeal.  When they tried to argue with him he started hacking them down until they were “properly motivated”.  The Megaboss saw this and wanted to reward such “managerial dedication” so had the slain Ardboyz weapons reforged into a suitable weapon.

He’s now running a much feared Teef Rukk.

Edited by Beer & Pretzels Gamer
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Verminlord said:

There are so many movement shenanigans. The Icebone command ability is sweet. Even though I struggled to get a hero ww/12 for it,

Lucky for you this is a WW18 ability :) .

The most common situation whare i used it was , He charging my 10's screen, unintentionnaly engage the pigs that are a bit close to the screen. End of combat, run the pigs on his terrotory. My turn : now move 12 and be somewhere i shouldn't be, threatening a support hero or an objective.

18 hours ago, Verminlord said:

I do think the 10s should be shield boys though, as they need all the extra tankyness they can get.

The original list i copied was replacing my snagga rukk with a minimal Brutal rukk. So there was indeed 2x10 shields and a boss that could run and charge.
But no pigs and no weirdnob, less magic.

21 minutes ago, kozokus said:

The original list i copied was replacing my snagga rukk with a minimal Brutal rukk. So there was indeed 2x10 shields and a boss that could run and charge.
But no pigs and no weirdnob, less magic.

Sorry, I meant the 10s of kunnin rukk arrow boys should be shield boys. I agree that the snaga is necessary for that extra wizard.

3 hours ago, Verminlord said:

Sorry, I meant the 10s of kunnin rukk arrow boys should be shield boys. I agree that the snaga is necessary for that extra wizard.

I had it. :)
The extra wizard is golden.

another option that grows in my (deranged) mind is replacing the Snagga rukk with a minimal Kopp Rukk.
We loose the pigs, the Bone spirit and the reroll spell, but gain :
-an extra spell and casting.
-An extra hero
-an extra artefact
-extra +1 cast on fist of gork or armor or healing.
and more important :
-an extra unit that can move 8 on turn 0 (total 6)

But the loss of the pigs and the shenanigans of icebone draws me back.

Edited by kozokus
  • Like 1

In regards to the kunnin rukks hero phase movement ability:

Retreating and running are defined as "normal moves" so they can be done through this ability, but not charges; correct?

Retreating or running in the hero phase would then make the unit unable to charge/shoot in the subsequent movement/shooting phase; correct?

On 3/23/2021 at 1:39 PM, Verminlord said:

Retreating and running are defined as "normal moves" so they can be done through this ability, but not charges; correct?

Correct

On 3/23/2021 at 1:39 PM, Verminlord said:

Retreating or running in the hero phase would then make the unit unable to charge/shoot in the subsequent movement/shooting phase; correct?

Correct.

It really is a movement before movement. But a normal one.

• Thanks 1

Played today. went 2-1. I'll take it. Considering I had never played Bonesplitterz before this morning at 4am. I have to really think about if this is actually a 4-1 list. It has tricks, and the 6++ 6+++ with 175 wounds has meat, even against a few Tecnados, or Sentinels, or Mortek Crawlers. And starting with 4CP and 1960pts for a Triumph, or better yet, not giving a Triumph.

It seems to me that this is what it is. And, that means you have to really think about what it is. Your opponent might think they know what it is, and when they are wrong, that is how you will win. If they give you something, you take it. If they want to wait, you control the whole board. It not a killing army, its a movement army and a lot of the game is lost during deployment and that 8" pre game move.

Here is the list.

Spoiler

- Warclan: Icebone

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Great Hunter
- Artefact: Mork's Boney Bitz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (140)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask
Savage Big Boss (90)
- Artefact: Kattanak Pelt
Savage Big Boss (90)
- Artefact: Glowin' Tattooz

Battleline
5 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (140)

10 x Savage Orruks (120)
- Chompas
20 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (240)

10 x Savage Orruks (120)
- Chompas
20 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (240)

Battalions
Big Rukk (80)
Snaga Rukk (120)
Kunnin' Rukk (140)
Kunnin' Rukk (140)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 175

My first game was vs KO. I found out when I got home from work, about 7.5 hours before game time. Thinking about deployment cost me a lot of sleep last night and I would like to make a separate post about how to deploy vs them. In the end it went as good as it could have been and I am not sure I would do anything different. As always, I can be better at choosing the Auxiliaries but I didn't look at them until 4am zzz

Kharadron Overlords - Shifting Objectives

Spoiler

Allegiance: Kharadron Overlords
- Sky Port: Barak Zilfin

Leaders
Aether-Khemist (90)
- General
- Command Trait: Collector
- Artefact: Spell in a Bottle
Aetheric Navigator (100)
- Artefact: Staff of Ocular Optimisation
Endrinmaster with Dirigible Suit (190)
- Artefact: Phosphorite Bomblets

Battleline
10 x Arkanaut Company (90)
- 1x Skypikes
- 1x Light Skyhooks
- 1x Aethermatic Volley Guns
- 1x Skypikes
- 1x Light Skyhooks
- 1x Skypikes
- 1x Light Skyhooks
Arkanaut Frigate (220)
- Main Gun: Heavy Sky Cannon
- Great Endrinworks: Magnificent Omniscope
Arkanaut Frigate (220)
- Main Gun: Heavy Sky Cannon
Arkanaut Frigate (220)
- Main Gun: Heavy Skyhook
- Great Endrinworks: Malefic Skymines

Behemoths
Arkanaut Ironclad (480)
- Main Gun: Great Sky Cannon
- Great Endrinworks: Zonbarcorp ‘Dealbreaker’ Battle Ram

Battalions
Iron Sky Attack Squadron (100)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Warp Lightning Vortex (80)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 106

I played this list before and knew what to expect. I knew I chose who goes first. I knew he would put his units in a corner. I looked at the map and I figured that I could completely surround the objective so that he couldn't get any points on his T1. I was hoping to Win priority and take an early 16-0 points lead. What happened was that I took an 8-4 lead and then lost priority.

I used the 8" pre game to move up, then the Hero move to move up, and the movement phase to completely block the objectives. The two units of 10 Savage Orruks just had to tank a bunch of shooting and then not get charged. Every time they got shot I pulled a model to make the charge longer. His company had a 3d6 charge but they failed, and the Frigate made an 11" to get on to the objective and finish off the unit in combat with the MW's. This charge was the game changer as it gave him 4pts. The objective had "Shifted" on to the side of the board that he just happened to be at too... Of course! The boys laughed at his Warp Lightning Vortex and it took a good first turn of shooting to clear my guys.

No worries, I win priority and I get all the objectives back and another 8 pts. My two units of Arrow Boys are in position to both double tap. Nope. I lost priority and he continued to shoot off a unit of 20 Arrow Boyz and a hero. The rest is history. End of Turn 2 it was still 12-8 for me but my forces were getting thin. You can not body block things that fly wherever they want. T3 he won priority again. GG

Game two vs Osiarch Bonereapers - Battle for the Pass

Spoiler

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers
- Legion: Mortis Praetorians
Mortal Realm: Shyish
Katakros, Mortarch of the Necropolis (500)
- General
Mortisan Soulmason (140)
- Artefact: Artificer's Blade
- Lore of Mortisans: Empower Nadirite Weapons
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (180)
Gothizzar Harvester (200)
Mortek Crawler (200)
Mortek Crawler (200)
Soulstealer Carrion (20)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 115

I deployed on the line. No teleport to worry about. It was fairly symmetrical with Stikkas, then Arrow Boys and Boars on the sides. I pre game moved on the both side objectives and used the Stikkas to get in the way to whole game. I scored 25-7 at the end. This was a movement game. In shooting I put about 200 shots in to a unit of 20 Mortek Guard before they finally went down. That damn 3+ save. I even had to use the Wurgog Mask which did 3 MW's to me and 3 MW's to him. In combat the stikkas did nothing, but their wounds was enough and the Boss was always nearby for passing the battleshock. The other threat was a unit of Deathriders that I wanted to pin in to his deployment zone. With tripple move and +1 hit, I literally flew up the table and charged the side of line. The Maniaks did basically nothing, and were piled in to by 3 Deathriders. They killed 3 of them boars and the other two fled to battleshock. lol!

Those same Deathriders later hit my Stikkas, and had four of them shot off the table in the hero/shooting phase. The last one was finished off by the other Maniaks who obviously wanted revenge for their cousins.

The whole game I took the shooting from the Crawlers. I would take 5-10 damage at a time, and the 6++ 6+++ did not let me down. Sure, some of my boys would die but they had wounds to spare. 

In the end, movement won.

Game 3 vs Lumineth Realmlords and Blades Edge

Spoiler

Allegiance: Lumineth Realm Lords
- Great Nation: Syar
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Scinari Cathallar (140)
- General
- Command Trait: Goading Arrogance
- Artefact: The Perfect Blade
- Lore of Hysh: Speed of Hysh
Archmage Teclis and Celennar, Spirit of Hysh (660)

Battleline
30 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (360)
- Lore of Hysh: Ethereal Blessing
10 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (120)
- Lore of Hysh: Lambent Light
20 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (280)
10 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140)

Battalions
Auralan Legion (120)

Umbral Spellportal (70)
Hyshian Twinstones (30)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Wounds: 91

This map is controversial for a reason. Sure, it is fun and interactive but then there is Bonesplitterz.

I knew I had 1 drop, I knew I had two hero moves. I knew I could take all 6 T1 so I did. And I took Aggressor as well.

He deployed Teclis and the Cathalar far enough away that I couldn't shoot them until T3. So I body blocked and capped the objectives all game. I even gave away the double in to T2 just so I could move the Geminids and cap one of his objectives. At the end of T2 it was 10-3 for me. If I won priority I would give it away just to cap his objective.

Did I mention the 6++ 6+++ saves? Well they did work here, and the Tatoo guy with his 4++ 4+++ shrugged about a dozen mortals this game. Really, I don't know the math but it seemed like a 33% reductions in MW's taken. Something my Ironjawz would be jealous of.

If you have read this far then you must be bored. Thanks for reading. I hope this ramble makes some sense and that someone somewhere will find it useful and give these guys a chance. I am building these guys in RL and can't wait to get them on to the table when games are allowed again.

Sure, it took 200 shots to kill 20 Mortek. Sounds weak right? Well, those Mortek are harder to kill than Teclis and Archaon. If you can get your boys lined up on to something and even get some buffs on to their shooting they can be deadly. That is a pretty scary thing for an opponent to think about.

EDIT: Oh yeah. I just remembered. I only got 2/3 Triumphs with 1960pts. Guess what. I rolled SAVES BOTH TIMES WTF

Edited by Boggler
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Spoiler

image.png.5cd3e1ddcbb87c4558b63009bb07ecd5.png

Here is the deployment from my Game 1 vs Kharadron Overlords

I'm thinking 16-0 going in to their T2. My Arrow Boys are ready to take down anything that comes on to those objectives.

Instead, the whole left side got shot off the table and T2 ended 12-8

Would this have been better?

Spoiler

image.png.671bd6f8b5eb94438e40c230bc18eebc.pngas

In this one I am holding back and giving away first turn. My 8" moves get on to all the objectives and force the issue if they want points.

The front boyz are supposed to be within 6" of a boss for the inspiring presence. The two units of arrow boys are ready for their buffs and to double tap if there is a target in range, otherwise move up.

I'll eat a lot of shots, and he can place Warp Lightning basically anywhere he wants.

What do you think?

• 4 weeks later...

I just did another 5 game tournament with the Bonesplitterz. Same list as above. I went 2-3 this time and ran in to a couple of hard match-ups. KO still seems unbeatable for my list. It doesn't matter what I do. KO can always outrange me and shoot whatever they want, move wherever they want. As a whole. The list is damn fun to play. Win or lose. Can this list beat Tzeeentch Archaon? Ya. Sure. Why not? Screen and shoot.

Game 1 Starstrike: Hedonite of Slaanesh

Spoiler

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)

Leaders
Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (400)
- Host Option: General 
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Battle Rapture
The Contorted Epitome (210)
- General
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation  
- Artefact: Oil of Exultation  
- Host Option: General 
- Lore of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy

Battleline
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)

Units
5 x Slickblade Seekers (200)
1 x Fomoroid Crusher (100)
- Allies

Battalions
Seeker Cavalcade (140)

Allies: 100 / 400
Wounds: 145

I felt confident going in to this matchup. Glutos unfortunately isin't a MONSTER and the Fomoroid trick to get that depravity going is possibly not the way the designers envisioned the new Slaanesh. In the end I totally underestimated the speed of those Slickblade Seekers and the MSU build basically had me always trying to shoot more that I was capable of. Sure, I did ok and the game was close but in the end you need speed to get on to those objectives. Loss.

Game Two: Scorched Earth - Lumineth Realmlords

Spoiler

Allegiance: Lumineth Realm Lords 
- Great Nation: Zaitrec

Leaders
Avalenor, the Stoneheart King (360)
Alarith Stonemage (130)
- General
- Command Trait: Fast Learner
- Artefact: Gift of Celennar
- Lore of the High Peaks: Crippling Vertigo
- Extra Spell: Entomb
Scinari Cathallar (140)
- Artefact: Silver Wand
- Lore of Hysh: Protection of Hysh
- Extra Spell: Total Eclipse

Battleline
20 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (240)
- Lore of Hysh: Solar Flare
20 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (240)
- Lore of Hysh: Ethereal Blessing
10 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (120)
- Lore of Hysh: Protection of Hysh
- Lore of Hysh: Lambent Light
5 x Vanari Dawnriders (130)
5 x Vanari Dawnriders (130)

Battalions
Auralan Legion (120) (Made up of the Cathallar, 2 units of Sentinels and 2 x 20 units of Wardens)

Rune of Petrification (70)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Wounds: 114

He shoots me. I shoot him. I have a 6++ 6+++. He finally breaks his shining company to charge my screens and I shoot him some more. Total Eclipse sucks, but with that many starting CP's its not that bad. I mostly used the CP's for Inspiring Presence. Dawnriders are what I want Boarboys to be. Win.

Game Three: Battle for the Pass - Tzeeentch Screamers

Spoiler

Allegiance: Tzeentch
- Change Coven: Hosts Arcanum

Leaders
Fateskimmer, Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot (140) (Battalion)
- General
- Command Trait: Spell Hunters
- Artefact: The Fanged Circlet
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
- Artefact: Aura of Mutability
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
- Lore of Change: Unchecked Mutation

Battleline
12 x Screamers of Tzeentch (320) (Battalion)

Battalions
Aether-eater Host (140)

Wounds: 176

I set up my screens, and give him the first turn. He crashes in to my front lines and mostly bounces off. He is controlling the objectives at this point and there are so many wounds in the way. I shoot a lot. I shoot more. Lots of Screamers are dying and not a whole lot of Orruks are falling. He is in the way and I can not get on to the objectives. By turn 4, he has too much of a points lead even though I have a really good position. The highlight or lowlight was when I killed a Screamer unit down to 1 model on 1 wound left. He used his destiny 6's to 12 cast Fold Reality and rolled a 6 to bring back 6 more. Ugh 18 more wounds and more bodies in the way. This was a great game. I enjoyed it a lot. Loss.

Game Four: Shifting Objectives - Petrifex Bonereapers

Spoiler

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers
- Legion: Petrifex Elite
Mortal Realm: Ghyran
Liege-Kavalos (200)
- General
- Command Trait: Mighty Archaeossian
- Artefact: Godbone Armour
Mortisan Boneshaper (130)
- Artefact: Artisan's Key
- Lore of Mortisans: Arcane Command
Mortisan Boneshaper (130)
- Lore of Mortisans: Empower Nadirite Weapons
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
- Weapon: Soulcrusher Bludgeons
- Weapon: Soulcrusher Bludgeons
Mortek Crawler (200)
Mortek Shield-corps (120)
Bone-tithe Shrieker (30)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Wounds: 109

Finally a MONSTER, and two of them. I set up my screens and gave him the first turn. In my first hero phase I shot at some Mortek. The Harvesters mostly brought them back. I then moved in to range and then shot both of the Harvesters off the table in my first shooting phase. After this it was the slow process of cleaning up. We called it on turn 4, he only had his Crawler left at that point. Win.

Game Five: Total Conquest - Kharadron Overlords.

Spoiler

Allegiance: Kharadron Overlords
- Sky Port: Barak Zilfin

Leaders
Endrinmaster with Dirigible Suit (190)
- Artefact: Staff of Ocular Optimisation
Aether-Khemist (90)
- General
- Command Trait: Collector
- Artefact: Spell in a Bottle
Aetheric Navigator (100)
- Artefact: Voidstone Orb

Battleline
- 1x Skypikes
- 1x Light Skyhooks
- 1x Aethermatic Volley Guns
- 1x Skypikes
- 1x Light Skyhooks
- 1x Skypikes
- 1x Light Skyhooks

Units
3 x Endrinriggers (100)
- 1x Grapnel Launchers
3 x Endrinriggers (100)
- 1x Grapnel Launchers
20 x Grundstok Thunderers (480)
- 4x Aetheric Fumigators
- 4x Decksweepers
- 4x Aethercannons
- 1x Grundstok Mortars

Behemoths
Arkanaut Ironclad (480)
- Main Gun: Great Sky Cannon
- Great Endrinworks: Ebullient Buoyancy Aid

Battalions
Iron Sky Command (110)

Warp Lightning Vortex (80)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 116

He deployed in a corner. I deployed fairly symmetrically and screened out as much as I could. I gave him first turn. He shot half my army off the table. That Hero phase Fly High and disembark 3" from me is brutal. KO will always out range and out maneuver everything I do. Loss.

Well. That is it folks. I don't have any plans to play any more AoS until at least after the Summer. By then AoS 3.0 will likely be out and this list will surely be invalid. I hope that you have at least enjoyed reading my reports.

Best of success.

Edited by Boggler
  • Like 4

One question, would you consider running this in Bonegrinz? 

I really love the idea of a Maniak Weirdnob with 4+ rerollable after save, that your opponent can't retreat from!

You are giving up a bit too though, particularly the 8" pregame move:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
- Warclan: Bonegrinz

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Command Trait: A Right Monster
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits
Savage Big Boss (90)
- Artefact: Maw-krusha Beast Totem
Wardokk (80)
- Artefact: Mork's Boney Bitz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Kunnin' Beast Spirits
Wardokk (80)
- Artefact: Mystic Waaagh! Paint
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka
Maniak Weirdnob (140)
- Artefact: Glowin' Tattooz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry

Battleline
10 x Savage Orruk Morboys (120)
10 x Savage Orruk Morboys (120)
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas
5 x Savage Boarboys (130)
- Chompas

Battalions
Big Rukk (80)
Snaga Rukk (120)
Kop Rukk (140)
Brutal Rukk (140)

Extra Command Points: 4
Wounds: 174

Great question. It has to be Icebone. The additional -1 Rend and movement tricks with the pigs is too good.

4++ 4+++ is great but the Wurggog Mask is better and is some much needed output.

One other thing for above. Glutos and his -1 hit aura sucks. He is tanky, and not a MONSTER so when he slams in to your lines his utility is amazing.. -'s to hit kill this list.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

Hey guys! Erik Sorbonen here. First post for me and first tournament in TTS running bonesplitterz (17-18 of april). @Boggler I have read your reports which I found really enriching, since I had I similar one-drop in mind. However I didn't want to bring the same list as you in hammertime.

So I brought a 2-drop bonegrinz :

Brutal rukk (1090pts) : Big boss with the auto command trait + 30 stikkas + 30 chompas (idea behind choppas was first to play what I had real life and second to have a clear distinction between attacking and defending units. The choppas actually get more value from 10 man units, so you want them to go ham and use the charge to form a big line in front of enemy screens) + (2*5 savage boarboyz).

kop rukk (860 pts) : 3 wardokks (2ble move, +1 to hit, +1 save, rng spell artefact, +1 to cast artefact, big wurrgog mask) + 4*10 morboyz.

total 1950 pts, in 5 games always got the triumph which I almost never used since the game was always over by T2/T3

**It would have probably been better to substitute 1-2 units of morboyz for 1-2 units of boarboyz.

Announcing the battleplans in advance was great for practising deployment and I honestly thought that scorched earth, total conquest and shifting objectives should be almost an auto win if I don't get matched into KO or maybe Tzeentch. Starstrike was going to be difficult and battle for the pass is ok but really long.

Spoiler : went 2-3 but certainly I could've won all five games so I think 3-2 or 4-1 was fair for this list, since I dodged tzeentch and KO.

2nd spoiler : never got priority when it mattered and never got side selection. However my dice rolls where really solid except for games 2 and 3.

Game 1. Starstrike : vs Tempest eye (10+10+20 irondrakes, 30 darkshards, 2*9 shadowbonkers, 2*3 aether wings, 3 vanguard raptors, hurricanum w battlemage, runelord, sorceress I think, and bridge)

Great opponent, captain of the team of France wanting to chill trying out a really smart list. I take first turn and misplay deployment hardly, since I got baited by the commanding terrain in the right-hand side and got a volcanic exploding in the middle of my deployment killing 1 orruk from each unit AND an entangling in the middle.

I naturally charge him T1 woth 30 chompas and 5 boarboyz, almost one shot all aetherwings and stonkers, he gets double, shoots all my 30 chompas in one turn and all my heroes in the next and the objectives fall on his strong side. Game over. I thought I'd lose cos of his tp but felt frustrated to not charge him with all my army, putting my general in the middle to give everyone run and charge. That way I would've had certainly a better chance. 1-19.

Game 2. Scorched earth vs Stormcast

Nice guy, I think was a spare player, fairly new to the hobby. I don't remember his list since he got too many rules for very few models. Basically had some gryph hounds, a Stardrake, 3*5 liberators and some ballistas on the board and put a celestamt prime with something else to deepstrike.

I take first turn, correct my mistake from last game and run and charge him with 2*30 orruks and the big boss without buffs since my spells didn't go off. By the end of my turn I literally was everywhere and the only spots for him to deepstrike were his two corners.

I don't remember who got the priority but it didn't really matter cos he didn't have the output, so he conceded after 1h30, 20-0. A pitty I didn't win my first game to get a harder matchup to see how this army performs in a favourable battleplan.

Game 3. Battle for the pass vs StD.

Nice guy, but god he brought like 120-140 marauders. 2-drop with old Belakor, 2 chaos sorcerer lords and 2 warshrines.

First thing he asked me in terror was about my horde clearing spell and if I had a rogue idol in.

He gets the roll off and gives me first turn. I should have stayed behind because I honestly didn't know how many buffs he could get. They were basically free triumphs. + A crucial Auto unbind and tp with free charges, which I wasn't bothered about. T1 I charge him and almost one shot 2 units of marauders but he gets the double, tp out of combat (pretty broken, as the shadowstalkers in game 1) and belakor my other unit of 30 sitting on the right-hand contested objective. Was a close game until T3 but lost all priorities and it felt like I shouldn't have moved pregame and T1. It also felt like, as in Starstrike, I should have brought more late game speedy units (boarboyz)... Tough loss 1-19.

Game 4. Shifting objectives vs Fyreslayers.

Very chill guy, with an interesting list : 2 fathers, 2 runesmiths, 2*20 hearthguard, one with poleaxes, the other with the other option, 5 auric guard, 2 gunhauler allies with obnoxious "disengage" and 2*10 vulkites.

He didn't put anything in reserve which is questionable from my point of view. In any case I had blocked every 9inch triangle.

T1 I charge only with 30 compas to barely tag his two units of 20, take board control, and keep my other units safe from those 2 mortal wounds in addition. I keep the boss in range for inspiring presence and those heroes last 3 battle rounds, in which he was pinned in his deployment zone. Then he manages to get the 2 units of 20 -which were deployed in the flanks- out of combat with his ridiculous damage but my other 30 were waiting for him on the objective and 5 boarboyz charged him on his back to waste another combat phase.

Bottom of T3 he was fighting for secondaries, which he took again with ridiculous damage (domination and mass panic). Win 17-3 to me.

Game 5. Slaanesh in Total conquest. The list that boggler played game 1.

Really warm opponent and smart player. Obnoxious slickblades with 14 move + run + 6" pile in.

I should honestly have won the game but missplayed hardly, wven harder than game 1. Naturally i get T1 and pre game move so basically I auto charge without double move and fly, get only one buff up, but I don't complain since he was really unlucky with dice (almost 60% of him rerolling ones were ones...)

The HUGE missplay was charging in my big boss with the two units of 30 dudes. I wanted to play a faster T1 since in all my games I spent almost an hour of deployment and T1 and didn't know what was in range and what it did, except Gluttos who wasn't in range to hit him.

So I rushed my big boss in and get him killed top of T1. Furious with myself I wanted to insta-concede but I tried my best and got a pretty closer game than it should've been, losing 20 models to battleshock T1 and both my 30man units in his double. Lost all but one priority I think, but honestly, I didn't deserve the game. Had I kept the boss alive I would've lasted at least the double amount of turns. Not to mention that I finished the game with 5 cp with my wardokks running around to chase my naughty orruks. 0-20.

Final thoughts :

- bonesplitterz felt strong. Have been practising with some people lately and the alpha potential (alpha-tag or alpha-delete one to two threats) is real.

- I think in that tournament, a 3-2 would be more than possible, I didn't play as well as I could, and my opponents didn't have any counterplay when I did. Scorched earth board control was incredible.

- probably slight modifications, like a list with more boarboyz or a 3-drop with Rogue Idol would have given better results.

-the list lacks damage but the no retreat is a terror to deal with. Ice bone or drakkfoot are certainly better options and I imagine it is really fun to watch an Archaon, a Gotrek or Hagg Nar DoK and Fyreslayers melt.

-the list also paradoxically lacked magic. I say this since I'm accustomed to play Big waagh magic heavy and bonesplitterz with 4-6 mages. I especially lacked the 2-cast from wurrgog and/or the mobile re-rolling caster in maniak weirdnob.

*Side question : if u play kop rukk and wurrgog I imagine you can double cast his spell, once in the start of the hero phase from the battalion and once as a normal cast?

- savage boarboyz do much more damage than what I expected.

-morboyz are meh. However I'm cureently practising a 3-drop snaga-kop-idol list where they take the role of the big 30 man units and they are AMAZING in units of 20. 81 attacks + rogue Idol+ 8"pregame move + 2 to charge + rend is real.

- thanks for reading guys and special thanks to @Boggler, @PlasticCraic, @kozokus, who all convinced me that posting here matters and sharing ideas is a beautiful thing ! <3

cheers and please share your experiences!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PS  : Sad that no-one had any monsters for the frenzied boyz.

PS 2: when I say that Icebone or Drakkfoot would've been better options I meant if you are a new player or want to have damage. Bonegrinz needs smart play and thinking only in terms of blocking movement and objectives. The proof is that, for me as a player, a newbie in TTS but really familiar with bonesplitterz since release, made huge missplays that cost me game5 and maybe game1 as well.

Great write-up Erik!  Thanks for posting that.

3 hours ago, Erik Sorbonen said:

*Side question : if u play kop rukk and wurrgog I imagine you can double cast his spell, once in the start of the hero phase from the battalion and once as a normal cast?

Unfortunately not, it's still the same spell so you can only cast it once.  It just gives a different unit access to it.

3 hours ago, Erik Sorbonen said:

-the list also paradoxically lacked magic. I say this since I'm accustomed to play Big waagh magic heavy and bonesplitterz with 4-6 mages. I especially lacked the 2-cast from wurrgog and/or the mobile re-rolling caster in maniak weirdnob.

My own 2 cents is that I'd rather take a 4th Wardokk and get an extra lore spell (Gorkamorka's Warcry) and dance.  The 12" bubbles can be hard to cover so more is better, and they fit in the Battalion too.  

Sounds like you enjoyed running them!  Bonegrinz could have a bit of play with some meta armies (DOK and LRL) leaning on their retreats, so it's something that interests me currently.  Bravo!

• Thanks 1