AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

23 minutes ago, Belmail said:

I like the 2nd prophet for the extra cast/deny over the weirdnob and the 4+ to generate cps plus he does generate a wagggh point. Half my gameplan is being pretty hard to remove from objectives so the extra cps over time really help my playstyle. That and I dont feel very lucky, I never feel like exploding 6s does much for me.

As for the 20 spears I honestly had them bunched together because I am really lazy but you're probably right splitting them into 2x10.

Oh I didnt even notice it was Big Waagh. I love BW but have you tried this list as pure BS? The extra movement from Tireless Trackers is really huge for getting onto objectives and it's a huge bonus for Kunnin Rukk lists because it helps you get your Arrowboys into range/redeploy. 

16 hours ago, Warbossironteef said:

Oh I didnt even notice it was Big Waagh. I love BW but have you tried this list as pure BS? The extra movement from Tireless Trackers is really huge for getting onto objectives and it's a huge bonus for Kunnin Rukk lists because it helps you get your Arrowboys into range/redeploy. 

Yeah I have tried both BW and bonesplitterz but I always end up back at big waaagh for that extra cast/dispell bonus. Throwing out geminids or fists of gork at +5 is pretty big feeling. And then it also assists with blocking enemy spells. I've also began to notice how useful the d6 move after getting hit is, it definitely helps make up for the lost pregame move over the course of the game. I had teclis aoe most of my army once and I just kept trudging forward with the d6 til I was too close or just using it to reposition. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brattenbergus said:

Howdy! 

Im new to AoS and especially Bonesplitterz, but I feel the urge to start an army! But what is the deal with the Rogue Idol? Why is it not in the book? Is it not an official GW product? 

It’s from Forgewolrd!

Here the link (where you can have the warscroll): https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Rogue-Idol-2017

Fellow Boyz!

Is it just me with my careless reading of the battletome, or there are really few ways to buff the Arrowboys and their ranged attacks?

This is what we have (but i'm sure there is more!):

Freezing Strike (Icebone Clan's Ability) : 6 to wound = -1 rend

Strength of Purpose (Drakkfoot Clan's Ability) : negate ethereal and fnp

Brutal Beast Spirits (Lore of the Savage Beast) : +1 to hit

KUNNIN’ RUKK (Battalion) : no explanation needed

Bone Spirit (Maniak Weirdnob Spell) : 6 to hit triggers additional hit

that's it?

I excluded Big Waaagh! Allegiance bonuses purposely

On 1/4/2021 at 4:19 PM, Shuratt said:

Fellow Boyz!

Is it just me with my careless reading of the battletome, or there are really few ways to buff the Arrowboys and their ranged attacks?

that's it?

Suppose i've done my homework well😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 9:19 AM, Shuratt said:

Fellow Boyz!

that's it?

Volley Fire command ability for re-roll hit rolls of 1.

Breath of Gorkamorka: Double/triple movement & fly

But yeah they don't benefit much from Big Waaagh! either. 

Edited by Mogwai Man

• 2 weeks later...

So I was reading through the bonesplitterz part of warclans when I realized something. The Icebone Command ability Triggers at the end of the combat phase and lets a boarboys unit retreat. Gorkamorka's war cry forces a unit to fight last.

Because of how these abilities activate, if it is the bonesplitterz's player's turn he will resolve his "end of the combat phase" abilities before the other player does, meaning he can activate the command ability before the enemy unit has a chance to fight.

From what I can see the only sources of fights last we have access to are Gorkamorka's war cry and the gloomspite spell itchy nuisance (if we ally in a gloomspite wizard AND bring the arachnocauldron)

Got my first game with bonesplitterz in on TTS, played against Sons of Behemat on Scorched Earth. Managed to win but it was very close and ended up coming down to a roll for burning an objective. Still trying to figure out the ins and outs of the army before I start painting it up since I really struggle with listbuilding for bonesplitterz.
The List:
Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
- Warclan: Icebone

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Master of the Weird
- Artefact: Mork's Boney Bitz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Kunnin' Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (140)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka
Savage Big Boss (90)
- Artefact: Kattanak Pelt

Battleline
20 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (240)
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas
10 x Savage Boarboys (260)
- Stikkas
5 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (140)

Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (140)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 224

I probably wouldn't bother bringing the balewind next time, and just bring an extra CP instead. The arrowboys did some real work, shooting at gargants really helped, but I didn't get as much out of Kunnin' Rukk as I had hoped, I got to shoot twice in the hero phase over 5 turns, but both times only part of the unit got to shoot. I managed to pull off the trick I described in the previous post once in the game, and it saved my 10 man boarboys unit, which continued to do work all game. Icebone's ability of getting mortals on 6s was a bit annoying to bookkeep but very useful since this army has so little rend (and this list more so, since I don't have big stabbas or the rogue Idol).

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 4:04 PM, Ganigumo said:

Got my first game with bonesplitterz in on TTS, played against Sons of Behemat on Scorched Earth. Managed to win but it was very close and ended up coming down to a roll for burning an objective. Still trying to figure out the ins and outs of the army before I start painting it up since I really struggle with listbuilding for bonesplitterz.
The List:

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Master of the Weird
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Kunnin' Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (140)
Savage Big Boss (90)

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas
10 x Savage Boarboys (260)
- Stikkas

Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (140)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 224

I probably wouldn't bother bringing the balewind next time, and just bring an extra CP instead. The arrowboys did some real work, shooting at gargants really helped, but I didn't get as much out of Kunnin' Rukk as I had hoped, I got to shoot twice in the hero phase over 5 turns, but both times only part of the unit got to shoot. I managed to pull off the trick I described in the previous post once in the game, and it saved my 10 man boarboys unit, which continued to do work all game. Icebone's ability of getting mortals on 6s was a bit annoying to bookkeep but very useful since this army has so little rend (and this list more so, since I don't have big stabbas or the rogue Idol).

Will you include stabbas at one point? Or are you happy about Output and mobility of boarboy maniacs?

Hello boys, 

I hated orks. Don’t like the armoured orks and the cooler tribal ones look older than me. However I love the new warband and I’m assuming AOS 3 will have destruction as the main evil as we have had chaos and death so far and I think destruction is an incredibly underwhelming alliance as most of its old models aside from gargants, new gloomspite stuff, beast claw and iron jaws. Do we reckon bonesplitters will be the big bad or a new faction? 

47 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

Hello boys, 

I hated orks. Don’t like the armoured orks and the cooler tribal ones look older than me. However I love the new warband and I’m assuming AOS 3 will have destruction as the main evil as we have had chaos and death so far and I think destruction is an incredibly underwhelming alliance as most of its old models aside from gargants, new gloomspite stuff, beast claw and iron jaws. Do we reckon bonesplitters will be the big bad or a new faction? 

Pure speculation on my part, but I'll give you my two cents;

Gorkamorka will split into Gork and Mork and goblins will be the big driving force, i think they're resurrecting gitmob for this role (snarlfangs keep showing up in the stories) and we'll get a prophet/avatar of mork style warboss.

That said if I were to order the likely "main" faction for 3.0 it would be Gitmob, Ironjawz, Gitz, Bonesplitterz, Gutbusters, Sons of behemat, bcr, something completely new (not orcs, gobbos, ogors or gargants).

I'd be pretty happy with any of them though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

I'm definitely considering it. Boarboy maniaks were pretty good but the lack of rend might be an issue, Icebone helps but isn't enough.

I have a pretty similar list in mind. But in lack of models I’d swap 10 boars for stabbas in any combination. 

What are your thoughts on Boarboys vs. Maniaks and should either go in 5/10?

6 hours ago, Keilerei said:

I have a pretty similar list in mind. But in lack of models I’d swap 10 boars for stabbas in any combination. 

What are your thoughts on Boarboys vs. Maniaks and should either go in 5/10?

Don't have enough experience to say yet. The maniaks were pretty useful as missiles in 5s, and the 10 man boar boys did a LOT of work in my game. I'd need to try out maniaks in 10s and boar boys in 5s to see how they compare.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again everyone.

Still continuing with my Big Rukk army, made a tiny change :

Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Great Hunter
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (140)

-Big Wurgog mask
Savage Big Boss (90)
Savage Big Boss (90)
- Artefact: Glowin' Tattooz
10 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (120)
Big Rukk (80)
Snaga Rukk (120)
Kunnin' Rukk (140)
Kunnin' Rukk (140)

Total: 1960/ 2000
Extra Command Points: 4
Wounds: 175

Swaped an artifact for the wurgog mask, great artifact, got a tryumph too by removing the balewind (buddy Kroak need it)

Swapped the genera trait for +3 movement pre-game. Absolutly Bannanas!

Made a couple of training against Greywater Fatness, Nagash and his 120 chainraps and Giants. All won.

Now attending a 80 player TTS team tournament. Wish me luck.

Edited by kozokus
  • Thanks 1

As far as i miss the +1 to cast fist of Gork, the +3 movement from great hunter has such a big impact that i cannot leave home without now. Forcing your opponent to deploy at least 27" away if he doesnt want to get double tap is game changing;

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kozokus said:

Hello again everyone.

Still continuing with my Big Rukk army, made a tiny change :

Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Great Hunter
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (140)

-Big Wurgog mask
Savage Big Boss (90)
Savage Big Boss (90)
- Artefact: Glowin' Tattooz
Big Rukk (80)
Snaga Rukk (120)
Kunnin' Rukk (140)
Kunnin' Rukk (140)

Total: 1960/ 2000
Extra Command Points: 4
Wounds: 175

Swaped an artifact for the wurgog mask, great artifact, got a tryumph too by removing the balewind (buddy Kroak need it)

Swapped the genera trait for +3 movement pre-game. Absolutly Bannanas!

Made a couple of training against Greywater Fatness, Nagash and his 120 chainraps and Giants. All won.

Now attending a 80 player TTS team tournament. Wish me luck.

Absolutely LOVE your list, never saw a list like this before.. 4 battalions? Hell Yeah... really.. Bonesplitterz are crazy right?  😎

If you have time, can you post some pointers and generals tips for using the list?

Thanks a LOT!