AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

6 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Could someone give me some opinions on the following list? I got a box of Savage orruks for warcry and I was considering expanding them to a full army. I'm a little unsure about the amount of boars (tried to get 2 unities to get some use of the icebone command ability), would 2 unities of 10 maniaks + 4 big stabbas be a good enought hammer?

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
- Warclan: Icebone

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Great Hunter
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Kunnin' Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Kattanak Pelt
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka

Battleline
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Chompas
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)

Units
4 x Savage Big Stabbas (200)

Total: 1500 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 159

My worry with this list is that you don't have a lot of wounds (for Bonesplitters), you have lots of heros and Stabbas/Maniacs are our most fragile units (point for point) so I think you'll struggle late game. Personally I'd think about dropping a Wardoc and one unit of Maniacs for 30 Arrow Boys or 20 Arrow boys and 10 Maniacs on foot. Gives you a chunk more wounds, a shooting option for units that really need softening up before you engage them and a unit or two that is happy to hold back and sit on objectives.

26 minutes ago, Magnus The Blue said:

My worry with this list is that you don't have a lot of wounds (for Bonesplitters), you have lots of heros and Stabbas/Maniacs are our most fragile units (point for point) so I think you'll struggle late game. Personally I'd think about dropping a Wardoc and one unit of Maniacs for 30 Arrow Boys or 20 Arrow boys and 10 Maniacs on foot. Gives you a chunk more wounds, a shooting option for units that really need softening up before you engage them and a unit or two that is happy to hold back and sit on objectives.

I think his list is correct. Perhaps he can switch for savage boarboys only and put another 30 orruks in a brutal rukk ? It could make sense with his great hunter ability which would be definitely a "kick & run" style. I would suggest in this case to use the Gorkamorka war cry + Breath spells in priority.

This kind of list :

LEADERS
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Command Trait : Great Hunter
- Lore of the Savage Beast : Breath of Gorkamorka
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact : Big Wurrgog Mask
- Lore of the Savage Beast : Gorkamorka's War Cry
Savage Big Boss (100)
- Artefact : Kattanak Pelt
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast : Kunnin' Beast Spirits
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast : Brutal Beast Spirits

UNITS
10 x Savage Boarboys (260)
- Stikkas
10 x Savage Boarboys (260)
- Stikkas
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas
4 x Savage Big Stabbas (200)

BATTALIONS
Brutal Rukk (140)

TOTAL: 2000/2000
EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1
WOUNDS: 225

2kBonesplitterz-Icebone (1).pdf

2 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Yeah, I agrre on the wounds/bodies problem. Would just one unity of boars be useful as icebones? I could drop the 4 Stabbas + a Wardokk for 20 Arrowboys, but then I would loose a good damaging unity.

2 hours ago, hurben said:

I think his list is correct. Perhaps he can switch for savage boarboys only and put another 30 orruks in a brutal rukk ? It could make sense with his great hunter ability which would be definitely a "kick & run" style. I would suggest in this case to use the Gorkamorka war cry + Breath spells in priority.

That would be great, my problem is that I don't have the points  for this (I forgot to mention we play mostly 1.5k lists, never saw a 2k game around here). That was the play style I was looking for, but I wonder if it's possible with less points

Hi fellas!

Toying around the idea of a double Rogue Idol list. Because why not.

I'm at this for now:

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
- Warclan: Drakkfoot

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
Savage Big Boss (100)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Allies

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas
20 x Savage Orruks (240)
- Stikkas
5 x Savage Boarboys (130)
- Stikkas

Behemoths
Rogue Idol (400)
Rogue Idol (400)

Battalions
Brutal Rukk (140)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 110 / 400
Wounds: 166

What do you guys think? Is it remotely competitive? I feel like there's the body count and the proper buff for the Big Rocky Boyz but I don't know if it's the best Clan or if a Big Waaagh Allegiance is best suited.

Anyway if anyone has experience with two Idols, I'm interested!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey i’m looking to start getting into bonesplittaz but i’m looking more on the competitive side. I’m curious where you all think the army sits competitively and if icebones are better than drakkfoot?

i also see rogue idols as almost and auto include do youguys feel the same?

an example list i like a lot

Drakkfoot

Savage big boss

wardokk

wardokk

maniak

20 arrow

20 arrow

10 savage

10 savage

20 grot stabbas

Rogue idol

kunin rukk

2x2 big stabbas

palisade

if anyone is familiar with a list like that i’m curious what you think

On 3/5/2020 at 7:53 AM, Bozly said:

Hey i’m looking to start getting into bonesplittaz but i’m looking more on the competitive side. I’m curious where you all think the army sits competitively and if icebones are better than drakkfoot?

Drakkfoot

Savage big boss

wardokk

wardokk

maniak

20 arrow

20 arrow

10 savage

10 savage

20 grot stabbas

Rogue idol

kunin rukk

2x2 big stabbas

palisade

In current Meta Bonesplitterz work best with Big Waagh Allegiance, 2x30 bpobs of orruks with stabbas, cabbage(maw krusha feom IJ) and some other units of 10(eitger ard boyz of savage morboiz) and you are good to go.

In terms of boars, pick Savage boar maniaks for alpha-striking weak blobs with low save, or gore-geuntas for some heavy-lifting enemies.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wengiel said:

In current Meta Bonesplitterz work best with Big Waagh Allegiance, 2x30 bpobs of orruks with stabbas, cabbage(maw krusha feom IJ) and some other units of 10(eitger ard boyz of savage morboiz) and you are good to go.

In terms of boars, pick Savage boar maniaks for alpha-striking weak blobs with low save, or gore-geuntas for some heavy-lifting enemies.

I’ve definitely seem tons of big waagh lists like this i like it thank you

So I recently stumbled into a lot of Bonesplitterz after starting my collection and am trying to figure out what to run in a 2k list.
My plan was to run a wurgogg, 2 wardokks, a maniak weirdnob, and a big boss as heroes, then figure out how to organize the boyz.
My initial List looks like:

Subfaction: Drakkfoot

Heroes:

Wurgogg Prophet -160

Wardokk - 80

Wardokk - 80

Maniak Weirdnob - 120

Savage Big Boss - 100

Battleline:

30x Savage Orruks (with shield & Spear) -300

20x Savage Orruk Arrowboys -240

20x Savage Orruk Arrowboys -240

10x Savage Boarboys

Other:

2x Big Stabbaz -100

2x Big Stabbaz - 100

Endless Spells:

Balewind Vortex - 40

The Burning Head - 30

Battalions:

Kunnin' Rukk - 140

Total:1990/2000

Thoughts? should I be running less arrowboys and more Regular boys? Or should I be running a different battalion? Should I try to work Morboys in?

4 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Anyone have much experience with big units of Big Stabbas? Feels like they would be great for breaking deathstars, especially in Drakkfoot, but don't see then in list more than the odd unit of two or four.

I'm incredibly inexperienced with Bonesplitterz but my thoughts are that 2-4 are more than enough to smash most monsters(2 with no buffs dealing on average ~7.5 damage), and they're extremely fragile. lumping a bunch in a big unit would make them an easy target for shooting/magic, where a small unit is easier to hide, and tougher to justify dumping a lot of resources into removing.

19 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

I'm incredibly inexperienced with Bonesplitterz but my thoughts are that 2-4 are more than enough to smash most monsters(2 with no buffs dealing on average ~7.5 damage), and they're extremely fragile. lumping a bunch in a big unit would make them an easy target for shooting/magic, where a small unit is easier to hide, and tougher to justify dumping a lot of resources into removing.

For single monsters, yes, but I'm thinking of Deathstars, so 3+ Monsters clustered togehter, 20 Hearthguard, 20 Medusai etc.  They are fragile, but not ridiculously so and my hope would be against any but very shooting heavy lists we can protect them with screening.

Major problem is that for a 300 point unit of stabbas you get 32 wounds, where Savage Orruks give you 60 wounds and more attacks. So Big Stabbas will get down fast. And for 300 points to be just "go there and die" unit, its too much of a cost to handle.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2020 at 12:53 AM, Bozly said:

Drakkfoot

Savage big boss

wardokk

wardokk

maniak

20 arrow

20 arrow

10 savage

10 savage

20 grot stabbas

Rogue idol

kunin rukk

2x2 big stabbas

palisade

All of our subfactions are viable. The rogue Idol is not an auto include at all. We actually don't have an auto include unit or hero. There have been a healthy variety of competitive lists being used in GT's.

Edited by Mogwai Man

Just finished my first 5 wolf rider conversations, not a fan of the pigs.  Any thoughts on the best tattoo colours to compliment the ice theme?  Also anyone got tip or technics for painting tattoos. Always struggled.

On a unrelated note, how dependant on command points to people find Bonesplitters.  I know we have no killer abilities but battleshock feels like a potential big problem.  Trying to figure out if one a turn is enough or do I really need to supplement them with battalions etc.

IMG_20200321_081353.jpg

IMG_20200321_081359.jpg

IMG_20200321_081417.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

@Magnus The Blue Probably going to be rough. Bonesplitterz only good rend comes from Big Stabbas which are still more for killing monsters and you have limited tools for character sniping besides the Big Stabbas again. You'd probably be better off in BW for the extra cast bonuses and damage output, I don't think any of the Bonesplitterz allegiance traits are particularly useful against OSB.

• Like 1

@Magnus The Blue I know that Ben Savva has had great success with Bonesplitterz against OBR, in fact he's undefeated in the matchup.

Ben runs variations on Bonegrinz with either a Rogue Idol or Big Stabbas as his damage unit.

Key factors are: 

• Take Kopp Rukk and Brutal Rukk to stack up the CPs and get your drops right down
  • You can cast your spells from back out of unbind range and do the Wardokk dance, so you have 60 wounds of Savage Orruks on a 3+ 6++
  • You therefore have two options: go first and pin them in their deployment zone, or fight them
  • If you fight them, don't forget that the Bonegrinz CA is not limited to "once per turn"
  • Ben also takes Aetherquartz Brooch, so along with the Battalion CPs (and maybe one you've bought) you can have one huge turn of combat
  • This still requires experience and judgment in terms of knowing when to hold and when to hit the Waaagh button
  • One final tip: take some Savage Boarboys with a view to flying up inside the Crawler's minimum range, and preventing it from firing at all

Hope that helps, and let us know how you get on!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah the Battalion bonuses themselves are pretty poor, although you get some points back from the Kopp Rukk in that you don't need to take a Prophet to get access to his spell.  So you can load up on 4 Wardokks, get access to all the good spells, and put them inside a Battalion to keep your drops down.

I'd suggest 2x minimum Morr Boys in the Battalion, to use as chaff.  They're not really worth investing in further, because Savage Orruks have a better save and 2" reach, but you can always use a cheap chaff unit.

Brutal Rukk is awful, but again it bundles up your units (Battleline this time) into one package.

If you take a Rogue Idol or Big Stabbas, that will put you up to 3 drops overall.