AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

8 hours ago, cplhicks said:

I have a quick question.  How many big stabbas can I make out of a 20 boyz box if I have several boxes of big stabbas bits left over?  Are the arms unique to the model or can I double up (or more).

In a basic box of 20 boyz you can make 2 because you also need different bases (2 in a box. If you bought some boxes you should have some ^^).
I think there's a simple way to adapt some hands but yes, basically, hands for stabbas are unique.

8 hours ago, cplhicks said:

I have a quick question.  How many big stabbas can I make out of a 20 boyz box if I have several boxes of big stabbas bits left over?  Are the arms unique to the model or can I double up (or more).

2 bases (4 models... 2 pairs of 2)

From memory a new box of 20 is made up of 2x old boxes of 10s. I think there are 10 unique bodies in a box of 10. 1 big stabbas base is made up of 4 specific bodies and 4 specific arms that only fit with these bodies (and the giant spear bits).

You can force the arms into other bodies but 1 box of 10 only correctly makes 8 boyz and 1 big stabbas base.

19 hours ago, Warbossironteef said:

I see him play Bonegrinz, Kop Rukk lists with a lot of boars. He seems to be an amazing player.  

I m confused because the just sayin podcast did a review on the event and talk about his list having waagh points but tabletop to list him as bonesplitterz

5 hours ago, Wengiel said:

Any tip on how to counter Nighthaunts as Bonesplitterz?

To be precise: how to counter 2 blobs of 20 Grimghast reapers, 2 blobs of 40 chainrasp horde, lady olinder, knight of shrouds and Guardian of Souls?

...Drakkfoot?

Honestly I feel like this is a horrendously bad matchup for the Nighthaunts. Take any moderately tuned Drakkfoot list and you would be the favoured player. You can get Savage Orruks up to a 3+ save with buffs which he'll have a hard time chewing through, you can poke with arrowboys, you can rend through his saves with big stabbas - if you want to be really nasty a rogue idol with an allied warchanter will thresh through his units and instantly demolish any hero it reaches.

Also, the Wurrgog Prophet mulches big blobs. 20 mortal wounds to a chainrasp horde is nothing to sniff at, nor is 10 to the reapers.

Just make a hole and kill his squishy heroes. GG.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NauticalSoup said:

...Drakkfoot?

Honestly I feel like this is a horrendously bad matchup for the Nighthaunts. Take any moderately tuned Drakkfoot list and you would be the favoured player. You can get Savage Orruks up to a 3+ save with buffs which he'll have a hard time chewing through, you can poke with arrowboys, you can rend through his saves with big stabbas - if you want to be really nasty a rogue idol with an allied warchanter will thresh through his units and instantly demolish any hero it reaches.

Also, the Wurrgog Prophet mulches big blobs. 20 mortal wounds to a chainrasp horde is nothing to sniff at, nor is 10 to the reapers.

Just make a hole and kill his squishy heroes. GG.

Im asking since my last 2 plays agaisnt Nighthaunts ended up pretty badly. I was using Drakkfoot warclan but ended up loosing anyway. Hiwever my second loss could be on par with a fact I had to split armies since NH did their "deepstrike" right behind my army and tried to nail me from two sides. I also had a test list back then, with only 2 casters, no Prophet and having teef rukk batalion, despite knowing savage big voss is a pile of warm dump and half of batalions is doomed because they require him to be in your army. Also my Rogue Idol steuggled to destroy his blob because for everything I killed he simply restored it back with his fraction shenanigans. In the end I ended up defeated hy objective lead, but the Idol was holding by his own for 3 turns.

So yea, next time I will bring the Prophet, maybe Kop Rukk and spam fireballs and Fists of Gork, on top of rushing Rogue Idol and stabbas in the feon while helding regular mini bpobs on the back to prevent the enemy from backstabbing me. 

Any other tips?

2 hours ago, Wengiel said:

Im asking since my last 2 plays agaisnt Nighthaunts ended up pretty badly. I was using Drakkfoot warclan but ended up loosing anyway. Hiwever my second loss could be on par with a fact I had to split armies since NH did their "deepstrike" right behind my army and tried to nail me from two sides. I also had a test list back then, with only 2 casters, no Prophet and having teef rukk batalion, despite knowing savage big voss is a pile of warm dump and half of batalions is doomed because they require him to be in your army. Also my Rogue Idol steuggled to destroy his blob because for everything I killed he simply restored it back with his fraction shenanigans. In the end I ended up defeated hy objective lead, but the Idol was holding by his own for 3 turns.

So yea, next time I will bring the Prophet, maybe Kop Rukk and spam fireballs and Fists of Gork, on top of rushing Rogue Idol and stabbas in the feon while helding regular mini bpobs on the back to prevent the enemy from backstabbing me. 

Any other tips?

I wouldn't personally bother with a Rogue Idol without a Warchanter, even in Bonesplittaz. It's literally, in my view, what makes the Rogue Idol good again. I can see him getting tarpitted without one, but with a warchanter buff he'll destroy about 20 chainrasps per activation. Even with summoning he should be able to open a hole to the heroes for somebody to exploit.

Teef rukk is fine if you have enough big stabbas - at least 12. Stabbas in Drakkfoot eat Nighthaunts, and 3" range will help you to slap attacks onto the heroes. Rend -2 ignoring ethereal and FNP saves will chunk them.

Not taking a Wurrgog is probably the biggest issue with your list. He's probably the best unit in Warclans, and definitely the best spellcaster. The Bonesplittaz lore is great - try Breath of Gorkamorka on your Rogue Idol and watch him flyyyyy around the board. You definitely want to have as many casting bonuses on your Wurrgog as possible to get off his warscroll spell to obliterate a horde. Rogue Idol, Wardokk(s), and the artefact that enhances your casting. Having enough casters to double-buff your Savage Orruk blobs is also ideal. And the Maniak Weirdnob also has a great warscroll spell to amp your stingas/stikkas. Honestly your lore spells are so strong I wouldn't expect to cast fireballs very often - the whole lore save Squiggly curse and in your case probably Bone Krusha are strong as heck.

I wouldn't bother with Kop Rukk. It doesn't exempt you from the rule of one so you still can't cast Fists of Gork twice. Kinda pointless if you're running the (superior) Wurrgog.

Nighthaunts really aren't in a very good place right now, being one of the very first 2.0 tomes along with Stormcast. If you're being consistently dominated the thing you probably need to work on is your generalship, and list tuning is no substitute for competence in execution.

On 2/3/2020 at 2:54 PM, Requizen said:

I've given it some thought. I'm a bit worried about missing Paint save at the start of the game, especially if they do some alpha strike stuff on top of one, but you get to Laugh At Em with the CA right off the bat, as long as they don't pop any Heroes before you can use it. I might try it this weekend.

Edit: Just remembered that you would miss out on Monster Hunters with Big Waaagh. While it's not a game breaker, having those chip MWs when charging a monster with Savage Orruks is a big deal, potentially more impactful than just getting better hits (especially if they don't have a MW save like Alarielle, Thundertusks, or Chimeras).  Worth thinking about.

Yeah definitely worth considering but I have switched to Big Waaghh and haven't looked back. You get the warpaint first turn in most lists and +1 to hit and wound 2nd turn.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lanoss said:

How has everyone found Bonesplitters go in a Big Waaaagh? What combinations are good?

Warchanter + Maniac Weirdnob + Rogue Idol = FUN

I play Bonesplitterz with only one Warchanter.  This is absolutely insane too. The Rogue Idole is a fire bomb who can be buffed as hell +2 save, +1 dmg, hit and wound, reroll 1s to hit after charging, etc... then +5 to cast spell with the wurgogg, tons of savage orruk who do 90 hits on 3/3+, charge at +3, .... damn hell Bonesplitterz can do their magic too 🔥

Big wagggh is great, got 3rd in my last tournament  with this list. But I did drop purple sun for palisade and gravetide.

It killed 3 keepers on a double turn.

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
Savage Big Boss (100)
Wardokk (80)
Wardokk (80)
Wardokk (80)

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas
20 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (240)
20 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (240)
5 x Savage Boarboys (130)
- Stikkas

Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (140)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)
Balewind Vortex (40)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Purple Sun of Shyish (50)
Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws (30)
Soulsnare Shackles (40)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 190

Everyone seems to be favoring Big Waaagh, but I'm 12-2-1 across 3 tournaments with just straight up Bonesplitterz at the moment. I might try BW at some point, but I don't have any Ironjawz units and I can't see myself playing just Bonesplitterz in it without something like a Mawkrusha or some Pigs to make use of the combination.

10 hours ago, Requizen said:

Everyone seems to be favoring Big Waaagh, but I'm 12-2-1 across 3 tournaments with just straight up Bonesplitterz at the moment. I might try BW at some point, but I don't have any Ironjawz units and I can't see myself playing just Bonesplitterz in it without something like a Mawkrusha or some Pigs to make use of the combination.

BW is such a strong allegiance that you honestly don't even need Ironjawz units to make it worthwhile.

They sure don't hurt though.

11 hours ago, Requizen said:

Which clan do you play? What’s your list focused on? 

I play bones’ but I want to try BW why a Megaboss on MK to see how powerful it is.

42 minutes ago, hurben said:

Which clan do you play? What’s your list focused on? 

I play bones’ but I want to try BW why a Megaboss on MK to see how powerful it is.

Icebonez, 30 Arrows, Brutal Rukk with 2x30 Spears, Rogue Idol. Surprisingly fast, reasonable killing power, and 180 chump wounds is just hard to shift off of objectives. 

I want to try Big Waaagh, but losing Warpaint against alpha strikes, the pre-game move, and monster hunting feels like a steep price. Trading early game power for mid/late game power, not sure how much I like it personally.

37 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Icebonez, 30 Arrows, Brutal Rukk with 2x30 Spears, Rogue Idol. Surprisingly fast, reasonable killing power, and 180 chump wounds is just hard to shift off of objectives. 

I want to try Big Waaagh, but losing Warpaint against alpha strikes, the pre-game move, and monster hunting feels like a steep price. Trading early game power for mid/late game power, not sure how much I like it personally.

That’s basically what I play in a drakkfoot clan. What I love the most in BW is the way we improve casting. When the prophet has a +4/5 to cast spell this is a big opportunity to remove 10-12 models of mortek 😅

In BW you need 12 pts to have a FNP 6+. With the BW command ability you can generate 7/8 more points for 1 CP, then a wardokk and prophet give you each one point, warchanter 2 and your général à D6. Easy way to reach 12 turn 1.

On 2/24/2020 at 4:06 PM, Requizen said:

May I ask for more precise list? Most specifically how many heroes and which artefacts outside of Katakan Belt.

Just now, Magnus The Blue said:

Hey All,

Anyone have much experience running Drakkfoot? I'm tempted to give them a go, mainly because  I hate Hearthguard Bezerkers with a passion, but worry the ability is only useful against a handful of other armies. 

Well resume ;) 
When you face another kind of army, you play a clan without any use

Could someone give me some opinions on the following list? I got a box of Savage orruks for warcry and I was considering expanding them to a full army. I'm a little unsure about the amount of boars (tried to get 2 unities to get some use of the icebone command ability), would 2 unities of 10 maniaks + 4 big stabbas be a good enought hammer?

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
- Warclan: Icebone

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Great Hunter
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Kunnin' Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Kattanak Pelt
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry