AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

If I wanted to buy this army all at once what boxes and how many of each would be needed? I’m looking for a mix of everything. I already have a wurgog prophet but that’s it. I really like the boar models as well, what’s the better unit choice for them? I like the maniacs on paper better but the difference seems minimal. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 5:57 PM, PlasticCraic said:

And he can benefit from Mighty D too, if you build in access to that from your General (Brutish Cunning) or an Ironfist, which doubles the benefit of all your other buffs.

So if he's got extra damage from the Warchanter, you can get it in the Hero phase pile in as well as the Combat phase.

Or if you use it to move him instead, and you have cast Breath of Gork, he's on a 20" flying move...twice.  So that's a 40" total flying move in one turn :D

Even the Orruk keyword plays its part, because he gets the 6++ aftersave and +1" to charge. 

He really is awesome in Big Waaagh.

I am looking at him from just a Bonesplitters option and it is pretty insane 

An extra 5 inch movement at the start of the game (8 if you have the great hunter trait), plus either a 20 to 30 inch flying move thanks to breath of Gork.  He can have a 2+ rerollable save thanks to the kunning beast spirits, mystic shield and a wardokk dance, plus a 5+ to ignore damage. With brutal beast spirits he hits on 2+. If you can squeeze an allied warchanter in there his stomps do insane damage.  Then, each wardokk can attempt to heal him 1d3 next hero phase. 

That is one heck of a distraction carnifex to throw at the enemy turn 1.  

Edited by bonzai

On 11/14/2019 at 10:09 PM, Evillincoln547 said:

If I wanted to buy this army all at once what boxes and how many of each would be needed? I’m looking for a mix of everything. I already have a wurgog prophet but that’s it. I really like the boar models as well, what’s the better unit choice for them? I like the maniacs on paper better but the difference seems minimal. Thanks!

You will want 3-4 boxes of Savage Orruks to start. From those boxes you can convert and build Wardokks, a Warboss and even Maniak Weirdnob if you have a mount for him. It also gets you access to the bread and butter of the army, Orruks and Arrowboyz. Not every army will use Big Stabbas but they are still really good. From 4 boxes you can get 60+ battleline, 2-4 heroes and some Big stabbas.

Boars are good value for their price. You typically will be running them in units of 10 so one box is all you need for a whole unit. Maniaks make great flankers and line breakers. Regular Boarboys can do some damage on the charge but are probably used more as mobile anvils, objective grabbers. The thing is, the Maniaks have better bravery. I use Maniaks and they do their job well. 

I've bought this guy and he's awesome.  Fits the scale nicely, and has a dual purpose. 

He's pictured doing his wardance (= Wardokk), but he could just as easily sit on the back of a boar and be a Weirdnob (which is what I did):

https://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_blg_bnl_cha_050_000

I didn't buy this guy but he also looks OK, a bit less cartoonish than the standard Wardokk:

https://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_blg_bnl_cha_011_000

• Thanks 1

I made one from an Orruk, customized a Boarboy Totem, used a squiq from a 40k Ork boss pole ($2 on eBay) and then put him on a OOP Coldone.

I am working on some conversions for my Big Waggh army where the Gore Gruntas are "Dino-boyz," so it will fit in with my army. I hate Gore Grunta models so much. Those giant pig faces are so stupid IMO.

• Thanks 1

So, this is the army I was thinking about building toward.  Any thoughts or improvements?  I will say to some extent I am limited by the models I can rebase from WHFB.

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Destruction - Orruk Warclans) [1,980pts] ++

+ Leader +

Orruk Warchanter [110pts]: 4. Ignax's Scales

Wurrgog Prophet [160pts]: 2. Breath of Gorkamorka, 6. Mystic Waaagh! Paint

+ Battleline +

Savage Boarboy Maniaks [280pts]: 2x 5 Savage Boarboy Maniaks, Boar Thumper, Boar Totems

+ Other +

Savage Big Stabbas [200pts]: 2x 2 Savage Big Stabbas

+ Battalion +

Battalion: Kop Rukk [460pts]
. Savage Orruk Morboys: 10 Savage Orruk Morboys, Bone Totems, Skull Thumper
. Wardokk: 5. Kunnin’ Beast Spirits

Battalion: Kunnin' Rukk [720pts]
. Savage Big Boss: 0. Sunzblessed Armour, General
. Savage Orruks Arrowboys: 2x 10 Savage Orruks Arrowboys, Bone Totems, Skull Thumper
. Savage Orruks Arrowboys: 2x 10 Savage Orruks Arrowboys, Bone Totems, Skull Thumper

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance
. Bonesplitterz: Drakkfoot

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

+ Realm of Origin +

Realm of Origin: Origin: Aqshy

+ Command Points +

Purchased Command Points [50pts]: 1 Command Point

++ Total: [1,980pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

P.S.  Battlescribe is a little janky with the new Orruk Warclans book.  Sunblessed Armor is their place holder for Burning Tatoos I would guess, and they keep trying to make me take 2 Wardokks for the Kop Rukk.

Edited by Koradrel of Chrace
Post Script

19 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

So, this is the army I was thinking about building toward.  Any thoughts or improvements?  I will say to some extent I am limited by the models I can rebase from WHFB.

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Destruction - Orruk Warclans) [1,980pts] ++

+ Leader +

Orruk Warchanter [110pts]: 4. Ignax's Scales

+ Battleline +

Savage Boarboy Maniaks [280pts]: 2x 5 Savage Boarboy Maniaks, Boar Thumper, Boar Totems

+ Other +

+ Battalion +

Battalion: Kop Rukk [460pts]
. Wardokk: 5. Kunnin’ Beast Spirits

Battalion: Kunnin' Rukk [720pts]
. Savage Big Boss: 0. Sunzblessed Armour, General

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance

+ Game Options +

+ Realm of Origin +

+ Command Points +

++ Total: [1,980pts] ++

P.S.  Battlescribe is a little janky with the new Orruk Warclans book.  Sunblessed Armor is their place holder for Burning Tatoos I would guess, and they keep trying to make me take 2 Wardokks for the Kop Rukk.

Why not just use warscroll builder? It's a lot cleaner and easier to read. Also double battalion is usually not a good idea as you sink too many points in just rules and not bodies. Kunnin isnt really good anymore with arrowboys let alone two units of them. A single unit of 30 arrowboys with the exploding 6's spell should do far more then what the new Kunnin is capable of

• Like 1

Thanks for the input.  And I use Battlescroll because I'm old and it's what I've been using for years.  So, is this better?

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Destruction - Orruk Warclans) [1,990pts] ++

+ Leader +

Maniak Weirdnob [120pts]: 2. Breath of Gorkamorka

Maniak Weirdnob [120pts]: 5. Kunnin’ Beast Spirits

+ Battleline +

Savage Orruks Arrowboys [360pts]: 3x 10 Savage Orruks Arrowboys, Bone Totems, Skull Thumper

+ Other +

+ Battalion +

Battalion: Kop Rukk [700pts]
. Savage Orruk Morboys: 2x 10 Savage Orruk Morboys, Bone Totems, Skull Thumper
. Savage Orruk Morboys: 2x 10 Savage Orruk Morboys, Bone Totems, Skull Thumper
. Wardokk: 0. Sunzblessed Armour, 5. Kunnin’ Beast Spirits

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance

+ Game Options +

+ Realm of Origin +

+ Command Points +

++ Total: [1,990pts] ++

Kop Rukk requires 2xWardokks. Kunnin Rukk is still awesome. It's totally viable and you should try it out. Building 30x40 Arrowboys isn't a bad way to start. You will most likely include them in most of you lists. Like a lot of pure BS lists, you will struggle a bit with high armored units. Drakkfoot will help with the after saves but you still lack rend/mortals. 

That's why I've been leaning on my Rogue Idol more and also looking to expand into Big Waaggh. What you have isn't a bad start. 2x boxes of boys can get you 30x Arrowboys, 4x Big Stabbas and 2x Converted Wardokks (720 points!) I even converted a  Maniak Weirdnob from the boys, you just need a mount for him. From there you can buy a box of Boars and a Wurgog and you have a really solid start to a Pure BS list or even Big Waggh.

On 11/20/2019 at 11:43 PM, Malakithe said:

Why not just use warscroll builder? It's a lot cleaner and easier to read. Also double battalion is usually not a good idea as you sink too many points in just rules and not bodies. Kunnin isnt really good anymore with arrowboys let alone two units of them. A single unit of 30 arrowboys with the exploding 6's spell should do far more then what the new Kunnin is capable of

20 double tapping will obviously do more than 30 single tapping :). Also I can’t help but feel an awful lot of BS builds are trending towards double battalion. 

I also like a Kopp and Kunnin combo

3 wardok 

maniac weirdnob 

boss

2x20 arrer 

20/10/10/10 Mor 

6 big stabbas 

Kopp & Kunnin 

an alternative is drop the maniac and stabbas for a rogue idol. 

• Like 1

Hey all,

I was just getting into Bonesplitterz, looking to play them mostly competitive. Having some troubles on list building. Had a few questions and was also looking for some list advice.

Questions

Kop Rukk - Does this give them an additional spell cast, meaning they can cast their 1 spell, and also Fist of Gork, or does this mean they just get the option to use Fist of Gork instead of their regular spell?

Mystic Waagh Paint - This artifact goes off on the start of the hero phase. Does it mean you can double cast any spell your army knows or just the spell of the wizard it's equipped to? 

I was thinking of a list focused around trying to enhance my casting to best get off Fist of Gork on a 10+ as well as buffing up the Rogue Idol, while running Kunnin Ruk. Do you feel I would benefit more from Icebone (Since I can still take the +1 Cast Command Trait) or Big Waagh?

The list I was thinking would looking something like this....

Wurrgog Prophet - Morks Boney Bitz, Master of the Weird
       - Breath of Gorkamorka, Brutal Beast Spirits

Maniak Weirdnob
        - Gorkamorka's Warcry
Wardokk
        - Kunnin' Beast Spirits
Wardokk
         - Brutal Beast Spirits
Savage Big Boss - Kattanak Pelt

Kunnin' Rukk
20x Savage Arrow Boyz
20x Savage Orruks - Chompas
20x Savage Orruks - Chompas
4x Big Stabbas

Rogue Idol

How do you feel about that list?

Do you think it would benefit more from Big Waagh or Icebone? 

I chose the Chompas since it's only a unit of 20, not sure if I need more bodies or not. I know rend is an issue, so is it worth dropping the Big Stabbas and taking an Orruks out of the battalion, getting more drops to add in unit of 30 and something else?

I think my next try will be a list based around big stabba: something the like:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
- Warclan: Drakkfoot
Savage Big Boss (100)
- General
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (360)
5 x Savage Boarboys (130)
- Chompas
- Chompas
8 x Savage Big Stabbas (400)
4 x Savage Big Stabbas (200)
Teef Rukk (140)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 177

• Like 4

7 hours ago, broche said:

I think my next try will be a list based around big stabba: something the like:

Hide contents

Savage Big Boss (100)
- General
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka
Wardokk (80)
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (360)
- Chompas
- Chompas
8 x Savage Big Stabbas (400)
Teef Rukk (140)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 177

This looks amazing. 8 Stabbas in a block!! Let us know how you get on man. Try as I might, I lack the skills to get them to work properly for me. 

• Like 1

So played a game yesterday against cities (Greywater heavy shooting) on Better part of Valour. I told him Iwould be using drakfoot, so he took Eternal guard over Phoenix guard to improve his matchup. 

Played this list (see below). Basically I took first turn and charged with Boar and Stabbas. I missed all my cast except Breath of Gorkamorka. I killed some stuff en most of his shooting was engage, his turn he gun most of Stabbas and Boar, but could not reclaim his lost objective and that was game from there.

I concluded that Bonesplitterz has an almost auto win matchup against cities. 

What is you're experience so far against other matchup? I think Fyreslayer is now okay thanks to Drakfoot, but bonereaper seem pretty bad on paper. What about Slaanesh? Ironjawz is a bad matchup as well, so I figure out what place they will take in the meta.

Spoiler

Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- Artefact: Mork's Boney Bitz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Kunnin' Beast Spirits
Savage Big Boss (100)
- General
- Artefact: Burnin' Tattooz
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Wardokk (80)