AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Made some changes. I like this version more. I dont see the Snaga being a huge benefit but if it happens to work then thats a bonus. The extra starting CP and extra item will probably be more useful then the battalion itself. Alternatively the Snaga costs the same as a Maniak Weirdnob 

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
- Warclan: Icebone

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Trait: Master of the Weird
- Artefact: Kattanak Pelt
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Mork's Boney Bitz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (360)
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)

Battalions
Snaga Rukk (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 258

Just now, Electricferret said:

Yea that would be another way to do it. I guess it depends on what you would value the most. For me, I think I'd value the CA over the extra arrowboys for stacking the exploding sixes on the Maniaks. I can see it both ways, I would probably have a stronger option after piloting the army a few times.

I thought about what he would bring and his CA would kinda be meh. He would need to somehow keep up with the boars to use it on them or just toss it on the Savages which is kind of a waste of a CP. 

12 hours ago, DestructionFranz said:

I'm a Destruction player (I play Mixed Destruction, Ironjawz and Beastclaw Raiders) that is incredibly surprised about how fun the new Bonesplitterz seem to be. 

I'm thinking about a pure Bonesplitterz army. 

What do you think guys about my hypothetical list on the pictures? 

Screenshot_2019-10-20-00-15-30-05.png

Screenshot_2019-10-20-00-15-35-20.png

Lacks speed, which may hamper you're ability to adjust to objectives. You have some big backline blobs mind. 

I'd considering dropping the kunnin' Rukk (big bosses aren't fantastic anyway so 2 are a bit eh imho) and upgrading one unit of arrow boyz to 30 and drop the other, then use your free points on boarboy maniaks. Maniaks are a great place to put your buffs on if the orruk blobs somehow go down, and can move miles with Breath. 

You've got the hammer (and I guess anvil) sorted in one, just need to have a way of getting around the board. If you use your kunnin' ability to move your Arrowboys you lose the big advantage of having them in that battalion. 

2 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Had a proper read of Icebone, that cheeky bit of rend looks very appealing. I think they’re going to FAQ it so a Weirdnob has to be the general though right?

There's no obligation in using a Weirdnob as a General. You can use the general you want ;) 

The new book is already showing up! Ian Spink placed 5th at JUSTICE SERIES AUTUMN GT with the below list.  His only lost was the game that the Honest Wargamer covered. It was an interesting game and a tough matchup (75 Ardboyz). Interesting to see the Boarboys with Stikkas and Shields. I guess he would use them as a mobile anvil unit. I'm not sure how well they preformed, but cool to see! 

Icebone
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Trait: Fuelled by the Spirits - Breath of Gorkamorka
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Kunnin' Beast Spirits
Wardokk (80)
- Artefact: Kattanak Pelt
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
30 x Savage Orruks  -Stikkas  (300)
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (360)
10 x Savage Boarboys - Stikkas (260)
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)
6 x Savage Big Stabbas (300)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1

• Like 1

Someone can explain me how a Bonesplitterz army can use a IJ batallion ?

Q: If a Big Waaagh! or Bonesplitterz army takes the Ironfist warscroll battalion, can both armies use the ‘Mighty Destroyers’ command ability even though it is an Ironjawz battle trait?
A: Yes.

Had been meaning to have a look at Ian's list, reassuring to see a few similarities between his list and mine that I've been mulling over over the weekend. I do think 3 cast Wurrgog is the way to go and if I keep him backfield he can movement buff and +1 to hit the Arrowboys as well. Arrowboys moving 15" then shooting is a tasty proposition.

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Trait: Fuelled by the Spirits - Breath of Gorkamorka
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Savage Big Boss (100)
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Kunnin' Beast Spirits

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Chompas

Units
4 x Savage Big Stabbas (200)

Battalions
Snaga Rukk (120)

Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 220

19 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Had been meaning to have a look at Ian's list, reassuring to see a few similarities between his list and mine that I've been mulling over over the weekend. I do think 3 cast Wurrgog is the way to go and if I keep him backfield he can movement buff and +1 to hit the Arrowboys as well. Arrowboys moving 15" then shooting is a tasty proposition.

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Trait: Fuelled by the Spirits - Breath of Gorkamorka
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Savage Big Boss (100)
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Kunnin' Beast Spirits

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Chompas

Units
4 x Savage Big Stabbas (200)

Battalions
Snaga Rukk (120)

Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 220

I like it. Similar to what I posted. I think the giant blocks are what will keep these guys going

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

I like it. Similar to what I posted. I think the giant blocks are what will keep these guys going

Yeah, you made me think again about Icebone and the Snaga as quality options, cheers dood.

Didn't see anything massive beside Drakkfoot stuff - it doesn’t work on the Aetherial Amulet and you still can’t do more than 3 wounds to Morathi. Also the 2 targets of Brutal Beast Spirits on a double must both be wholly within 24”. Nothing really. 

1 hour ago, hurben said:

Someone can explain me how a Bonesplitterz army can use a IJ batallion ?

If you were playing a very large game an had allies? Ironfist is... 90+90+90+110+160=540

maybe there is a size that allows that. Maybe open plan has no ally restrictions?

you can’t use it in 2k thou.

On 10/20/2019 at 1:18 PM, Albioin said:

Lacks speed, which may hamper you're ability to adjust to objectives. You have some big backline blobs mind. 

I'd considering dropping the kunnin' Rukk (big bosses aren't fantastic anyway so 2 are a bit eh imho) and upgrading one unit of arrow boyz to 30 and drop the other, then use your free points on boarboy maniaks. Maniaks are a great place to put your buffs on if the orruk blobs somehow go down, and can move miles with Breath. 

You've got the hammer (and I guess anvil) sorted in one, just need to have a way of getting around the board. If you use your kunnin' ability to move your Arrowboys you lose the big advantage of having them in that battalion. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I apreciate it.

I was thinking about a defensive deployment, let the first turn to the opponent, try to screen my wizards and my arrowboyz (even using the Brutal Rukk) and shot my enemies from the distance. 

9 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

If you were playing a very large game an had allies? Ironfist is... 90+90+90+110+160=540

maybe there is a size that allows that. Maybe open plan has no ally restrictions?

you can’t use it in 2k thou.

Minimum size Ironfist fits in 2.5k matched play allies points limit (90 + 90 + 140 + battalion) < 500. Being able to mix and match the units within is the main reason why. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DestructionFranz said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I apreciate it.

I was thinking about a defensive deployment, let the first turn to the opponent, try to screen my wizards and my arrowboyz (even using the Brutal Rukk) and shot my enemies from the distance. 

You're relying on the opponent slamming into your face, and objectives staying central. Due to the size of your arrow units, you'll struggle to screen them both for more than one round of combat, especially if you've been flanked by infantry.

BS spells aren't amazing direct damage dealers (bar the Wurrgog horde clearer), and are mainly buffs. So if your opponent keeps distance and plinks off wounds from your front line your only choice will be to break ranks. Remember the double shooting of the Rukk is in your hero phase, so is quite easy to outrange for the opponent (even before you consider not all of your models will be in range). 

There's strength to the list in presence, wounds, and attacks, but you could find yourself quickly overrun.

As an example, a buffed Gore Grunta unit that hits one of your Savage blobs could likely take most of it out if all your buffs don't go off (7-8 D2 attacks a model, followed by battleshock). If they fall, your arrows will be close behind (or they wouldn't be able to shoot due to range, as you have so many ranks) and could quickly be piled in to. This can happen with many infantry or deep striking combos. 

Edited by Albioin

18 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Did the FAQ have any bonesplitterz stuff? 

They changed the Drakkfoot ability so it only affects Ethereal units ie does not do anything to an Ethereal amulet bearer and made Morathi immune to them as she will still ignore wounds past the 3rd one

On 10/22/2019 at 7:04 PM, Requizen said:

Meh, to me it only slates Drakkfoot as a situational "hate" pick. No clan, Icebone, and Bonegrinz are all still very reasonable.

That's how it should be in my eyes. Making it mandatory, because it just beats everything. That would be rather unhealthy for the game. Now it's a strong counter against DoK and Fyreslayer. I really like anti meta picks like this. 

I also really like the other clans everyone got some really nice things.

• Like 1