AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

12 minutes ago, hurben said:

Of course but if you play more than 1 hero this can be better than it sounds ;) 

In what way? I doubt many of the Battalions will be highly competitive, so you won't get an extra Artifact, and while Fireball is better than Arcane Bolt, it's not particularly that great and most of our Wizards will be casting the fantastic spells from our lore or their Warscrolls.

1 minute ago, Requizen said:

In what way? I doubt many of the Battalions will be highly competitive, so you won't get an extra Artifact, and while Fireball is better than Arcane Bolt, it's not particularly that great and most of our Wizards will be casting the fantastic spells from our lore or their Warscrolls.

basically if the opponent has no way to save MW a Prophet is auto include. MW with his Fists of Gork, add him the artefact Big Wurrgog Mask, give him a Balewind Vortrex to cast a 3rd spell like Fireball or other cool Brutal Beast Spirits spell ....

Play tons of Arrowboys with Kunnin' Rukk battalion, boost them with Brutal Beast Spirits, Savage Attack, ... 
Play stabbas or the Brutal Rukk battalion also to block the units of your opponent and add some Savage Orruks to protect your Arrowboys from armies with a lot of moves.

7 minutes ago, hurben said:

basically if the opponent has no way to save MW a Prophet is auto include. MW with his Fists of Gork, add him the artefact Big Wurrgog Mask, give him a Balewind Vortrex to cast a 3rd spell like Fireball or other cool Brutal Beast Spirits spell ....

Play tons of Arrowboys with Kunnin' Rukk battalion, boost them with Brutal Beast Spirits, Savage Attack, ... 
Play stabbas or the Brutal Rukk battalion also to block the units of your opponent and add some Savage Orruks to protect your Arrowboys from armies with a lot of moves.

Right, but that has little to do with Drakkfoot, which is what I thought you were commenting on. I have been eyeing up Balewind Vortex. It's a nice boost to buff ranges and Fists if you're playing someone with a horde.

I don't really rate Arrowboys in Kunnin Rukk at the moment. The smaller unit sizes means they're not great buff targets, and if you go too heavy on Arrowboys, fast melee armies will take you apart. Also, Savage Attack doesn't do anything for Arrows, it only affects the combat phase, the only exploding attacks  you get on ranged attacks is Bone Spirit.

I don't mind too much loosing trait to Drakkfoot, our trait are good but not potentially game breaking (like in Ironjawz). At first glance the trait I would like most often are either the +3 move or +1 cast on wurgog. 

Same thing for artefact. I don't remember does drakkfoot artefact is forced to first generic heros or it specify one?

4 minutes ago, broche said:

I don't mind too much loosing trait to Drakkfoot, our trait are good but not potentially game breaking (like in Ironjawz). At first glance the trait I would like most often are either the +3 move or +1 cast on wurgog. 

Same thing for artefact. I don't remember does drakkfoot artefact is forced to first generic heros or it specify one?

COMMAND TRAIT
The general of a Drakkfoot army does not receive a command trait. Instead, all DRAKKFOOT WIZARDS know the Fireball spell instead of the Arcane Bolt spell. Fireball: The shaman conjures a ball of greenish flame that shoots forward and explodes amongst the foe. Fireball has a casting value of 5. If successfully cast, pick 1 enemy unit within 18" of the caster and visible to them. If that enemy unit has 1 model, it suffers 1 mortal wound; if it has 2-9 models, it suffers D3 mortal wounds; and if it has 10 or more models, it suffers D6 mortal wounds.

ARTEFACT OF POWER
The first DRAKKFOOT HERO to receive an artefact of power must be given Burnin’ Tattooz. Burnin’ Tattooz: These tattoos blaze with a fiery red light when awakened, burning foes that draw too close. When you use the Warpaint battle trait to successfully negate a wound or mortal allocated to the bearer, you can inflict 1 mortal wound on 1 enemy unit within 1" of the bearer.

16 minutes ago, broche said:

For traits, the CP generators are very good, as is the Tireless Trackers buff and the +1 Casting.

For artifacts, it's really (imo) only the +1 cast and the 4+ Paint buffs that are the best, but remember you can also take Realm Artifacts such as Gryph-Feather Charm, Ragged Cloak, etc - many of which are far and beyond better than Burning Tattooz.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

What’s the verdict now on Savage Orruks vs. Morboys and Boarboyz vs. Maniaks? 

Any of the bataillions considered worthwhile?

Cheers!

IMO

Morboys are only better in situations where you're running small units, where the better save doesn't matter too much and they don't need the 2" reach of Spears. Otherwise, Spear Orruks are better.

From the looks of it, Boarboyz and Maniaks are about the same in small units, but Maniaks getting the extra attack in large units is pretty worthwhile. I run my small 5 man units as Boarboyz for the slightly cheaper price (and because I have the models), but I think overall they're fairly similar at 5. 

Battalions seem hit or miss. I think there's some good tricks in Brutal Rukk, but personally I'm aiming for the "Boys over Toys" philosophy.

1 hour ago, cplhicks said:

Looks like some small rule changes as well.  He gets a 5+++ against wounds and mortal wounds instead of a 4+++ against MWs only. He also lost his halves damage rule ouch.

I think the half damage/4+MW save would have been way too good in conjunction with the rules from any of the three allegiances, so it makes sense why he'd see a slight nerf there. Still, a 4+/5+++/6+++ in Bonesplitterz already is quite good. With Kunnin Beast Spirits and Glyphdokk dance, you can get him to a 2+ pretty easily, and always have Grimdokk dance for a bit of healing. 

He's a really solid missile to throw out. Hit him with Brutal Beast Spirits and Breath of Gorkamorka, and he's flying across the table smashing things Turn 1, even if he doesn't necessarily survive as long. Or use him as a serious counter-charge deterrent.

• Like 1

I think 10xBoarboy Maniaks are going to be a blast to play with. Imagine playing a scenario that has a lot of objectives and your opponent has to spread their forces to cover them.

With only one spell your 10x Boarboys Maniaks are moving 24 inches and then on the charge each model is putting out 7 attacks at 3's and 3's. They will clear almost any light infantry unit in the game. 

5 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

400pts though it's quite a bit, you could also have 30 savage orruks with a big boss/wardokk for same amount.

Have to say, that combo is looking very tasty right now. 60 wounds with a 4+ save in combat and/or all those extra attacks would be a scary proposition. 

• Like 1

Why not both? :P

I'm grabbing another box of boyz to get my 20 spear Orruks up to the full 30 man blob.   Then I plan to get the Idol just because it's such a cool model plus it doesn't break bonesplitterz fluff for no monsters.  

Have you ever been so high on WAAAGH energy that the literally ground comes to life to bash things?  That's so cool and fun!

Edited by cplhicks
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, soak314 said:

Can anyone clarify that multiple sources of wound shrug stack? I've just been told by a regular tourney player that they do. In our case, it'd apply to the rogue idol's 5+, then warpaint 6+ shrug.

Two seperate rules providing the effects, so each wound that gets through saves would trigger both, then you resolve the triggers

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Can anyone think of a reason not to take spears on a unit of 30 Savage Orruks?

Spear loose efficiency as you loose model. For exemple, let say you have 15 model fighitng, chompa and spears will break even once you loose 10 models. Also if you use a 1-man train (ie no rank), as it often happen with large unit as they are use as screen, then spear won't really matter and chompa will pile a bit more damage. 

At the end of the day, it's a small amount of damage (with no rend) so I would even argue it probably won't matter that much.

Do you know a good way to improve the hit of the arrowboys instead of Brutal Beast Spirits which gives them a +1 to hit. I'de like to play a really competitive list in 1k for a tournament 2x1000 and Kunnin' Rukk looks pretty cool with Drakkfoot. The idea to play against armies with a lot of possibilities to negate wounds is a charm 😛 

26 minutes ago, hurben said:

Do you know a good way to improve the hit of the arrowboys instead of Brutal Beast Spirits which gives them a +1 to hit.

Could toss in Burning Head. But you'll have to hug the darn thing with its 9" wholly within and be careful to not burn yourself.

Edited by kenshin620