AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

If it gains the keyword and remains mostly the same otherwise, it gains Warpaint shrug save, which already is bonkers. Plus, it becomes a viable target for Kunnin Beast Spirits and the Glyphdokk dance, meaning you can get it to a 2+ save with both! Plus all the other great things like Breath of Gorkamorka and Bone Spirits.

Imagine a 21" move monster, with 16 wounds , 2+ save, 6+ shrug, halving damage, 4+ against MWs, with 10 feet attack that explode on 6s. Absolutely terrifying!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cplhicks said:

I'm trying to figure out a teef ruk list where I take a ton of Bigstabbas.  I love the model so much and I think there is a lot of buff stacking plus alpha strike possibility.

My first thought was 8 Big Stabbas for 400 points. Pre game move them 5in. Cast: Breath of Gorkamorka, Bone Spirit, Brutal Beast Spirits. Use CA: for a 6in run and the BS Waaagh.

That's a very nice alpha strike imo (22in move before charge T1).  

I find it incredibly important that in a tournament setting you have the ability to auto win a game if your opponent deploys poorly and you get turn 1. This to me seems like it might do the trick.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, svnvaldez said:

My first thought was 8 Big Stabbas for 400 points. Pre game move them 5in. Cast: Breath of Gorkamorka, Bone Spirit, Brutal Beast Spirits. Use CA: for a 6in run and the BS Waaagh.

I find it incredibly important that in a tournament setting you have the ability to auto win a game if your opponent deploys poorly and you get turn 1. This to me seems like it might do the trick.

I do kinda feel that you could do this with any unit. Especially with the attack buffs for Savage Orruks and Maniaks. Straight up 10-15 Maniaks + Breath + Buffs can threaten basically any flank in the game, and will likely shred any monster to bits thanks to Berserk Strength, especially if they don't have any way to debuff you first. 

Not to say Big Stabbas aren't absolutely terrifying, because they are, but they're definitely not our only heavy hitter now.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 6:20 PM, Thostos said:

So,,after seeing some tome reviews,,it looks like The Wurgogg has a rather nasty spell...Fist of Gork,enemy unit within 24",roll a dice for each model in the unit,,any 6`s do morts,,if the cast roll was a 10+,morts happen on a 4+

The thing is,if hes the general,then he can take a command trait that gives +1 to cast/Unbind,an artifact for +1 cast/unbind,then the Wardokk buff(on a 3+) for a third +1 cast/unbind.This would make the 4+ leafblower version somewhat reliable,,add in a Balewind and a first turn 30" nuke is on the table.

Haha so this is how I'll deal with my friend's 40-stack of Plague Monks.

So assuming all of those bufffs work, it wouldn't be unlikely for all 3 of those spells to be doing the mortals on a 4+. So on average, he would lose 35 Plague Monks in one Hero Phase... that's crazy, it might be too nasty for a casual game lol. 

5 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

I think the issue here might be that the unit size is capped at 4 now?  Could be wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

I think the issue here might be that the unit size is capped at 4 now?  Could be wrong.

My hope is 2 bases for 100. Max size is 100x4 (hoping this is the 4) for 8 bases at 400 points.

I think this is how it use to be. I haven’t seen the book so I’m just guessing off of reviews

look like an 8 

@svnvaldez like your idea of alpha big stabbas especially with the 3'' reach. In fact i love bigstabbas overall :)

Is it just me, or i see no real advantage of going pure bonesplitterz? Big waaagh seem better overall than a 6+ save, 5'' move and monster hunter, and we can still use the magic and artefact, wich is the good part. 

I guess my reason to go pure bonesplitterz might be Drakfoot ability cause I really hate ward save.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

32 minutes ago, broche said:

look like an 8 

Asked a buddy with the book... he is saying max 4 bases. And Ardboyz are max 20 in response to an IJ post. 

Here is hoping for the Rogue Idol being the same at 400 with an added BS keyword lol

Edited by svnvaldez
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, broche said:

look like an 8 

@svnvaldez like your idea of alpha big stabbas especially with the 3'' reach. In fact i love bigstabbas overall :)

Is it just me, or i see no real advantage of going pure bonesplitterz? Big waaagh seem better overall than a 6+ save, 5'' move and monster hunter, and we can still use the magic and artefact, wich is the good part. 

I guess my reason to go pure bonesplitterz might be Drakfoot ability cause I really hate ward save.

I think the biggest difference is Icebone or Drakkfoot.

Also note that Bonesplitterz will be stronger early game - the pregame move and starting with Warpaint is excellent, especially since the Big Waagh takes a good amount of time to build up. Once you generate Points, it's excellent, but I think the Turn 1 and potentially Turn 2 will be quite rough, unless you go all in on Point generating Heroes (and potentially even Gordrakk).

4 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Turn 2 will be quite rough, unless you go all in on Point generating Heroes (and potentially even Gordrakk).

I kinda think ppl are really going to want Gordrakk and 2 chanters for 10 points each round. Or maying 3+ chanters and the normal boss.

I think ppl are going to want the +1 hit and wound asap

Edited by svnvaldez

Yeah I think if you go big waaagh it's gordrack for sure, you aim to have 20 point by round 2 (with gordrack + wurgog + maybe 1 warchanter shouldn't be too hard)

actually it might be best to go mostly IJ, ans splash 30 arrowboys and some big stabbas and bonesplitter wizard cause IJ magic seem awful.

• Like 1

TBH though Gordrakk is 540 points, so once you add in 2 Chanters you're at 760 and that becomes a pretty tight army. 

It's worth noting though that the CA (if transcribed in the other thread correctly) is really good for Bonesplitterz. You get 1 Waaagh point for every 10 models within 18" of the caster, so if you're running 30 Savage Orruks, 30 Arrowboys, and 10 Maniaks like I'm planning, that's 1 CP for 7+ Waaagh Points on Turn 1 (assuming you haven't lost any yet). Not a bad boost, 7 + Wurgog/Wardokks + d6 can add up quick. 

Still, I think I like the guaranteed turn 1 power of Bonesplitterz more. Maybe if I want to buy Gordrakk at some point, but not yet. 

13 minutes ago, Requizen said:

TBH though Gordrakk is 540 points, so once you add in 2 Chanters you're at 760 and that becomes a pretty tight army. 

It's worth noting though that the CA (if transcribed in the other thread correctly) is really good for Bonesplitterz. You get 1 Waaagh point for every 10 models within 18" of the caster, so if you're running 30 Savage Orruks, 30 Arrowboys, and 10 Maniaks like I'm planning, that's 1 CP for 7+ Waaagh Points on Turn 1 (assuming you haven't lost any yet). Not a bad boost, 7 + Wurgog/Wardokks + d6 can add up quick. 

Still, I think I like the guaranteed turn 1 power of Bonesplitterz more. Maybe if I want to buy Gordrakk at some point, but not yet. 

As an Ironjawz player never having bothered with Bonesplitterz, but a little interested due to the new book. What is the synergies to the stuff you mentioned above? When I check the warscrolls they seem kind of lackluster, but I haven't considered spells/CA/alligiance abilities though. Just curious. :D

1 hour ago, Warbossironteef said:

I know the book isn't actually out yet but as someone interested in starting an Orruk army, mostly Bonesplitterz, do you have any suggestion where to start? Do you think most Orruk armies will still use Arrowboys?

I think regular boys are our best unit in bonesplitterz now! You could buff them up to a 3+ save potentially.  300 points for 60 wounds is good, I'd go spears with them in big blocks. I'm still going to be taking a kruk with 20 arrows but I think most lists that are pure bonesplitterz can benefit from a full unit of regular boys.

1 hour ago, Warbossironteef said:

I know the book isn't actually out yet but as someone interested in starting an Orruk army, mostly Bonesplitterz, do you have any suggestion where to start? Do you think most Orruk armies will still use Arrowboys?

Arrowboys in a Kunnin Rukk are no longer the massive threat they once were, but both KRukk Arrows and baseline 30 Arrows will both be viable and probably quite common, as shooting is still very good. 

30 Arrowboys with Bone Spirit and Brutal Beast Spirits are getting 90 shots. Hit 45 times, 15 of those are exploding into 2 hits, so 60 wound rolls, 30 wounds at a range, 5 of which are Rend-1 if you're in Icebone. That's not killing a Stardrake in one go, sure, but it will cripple or kill many units and light monsters, making them open to follow up with Savage Orruks and Big Stabbas.

I think a 30 block of Savage Orruks is pretty much going to be in every army. Relatively tough, fairly cheap, and now pretty good damage output makes them a very strong core unit.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Requizen said:

Arrowboys in a Kunnin Rukk are no longer the massive threat they once were, but both KRukk Arrows and baseline 30 Arrows will both be viable and probably quite common, as shooting is still very good. 

30 Arrowboys with Bone Spirit and Brutal Beast Spirits are getting 90 shots. Hit 45 times, 15 of those are exploding into 2 hits, so 60 wound rolls, 30 wounds at a range, 5 of which are Rend-1 if you're in Icebone. That's not killing a Stardrake in one go, sure, but it will cripple or kill many units and light monsters, making them open to follow up with Savage Orruks and Big Stabbas.

How do 15 hits explode from 45? We explode on unmodified 6s right? Wouldn't this be 45x1.16=52.2 hits? 15 from 45 would be exploding on 5s.

Bearing in mind that they already have rend -1 against Monsters, and you could use the generic CA to reroll 1s to hit, you must be getting close to one-shotting a Stardrake?

I love the free pre-game move too, I used the move part of the Kunnin Rukk more consistently than the double tap in practice.

Such a good unit at 360 points.

• Like 1

Yeah bone spirit is awesome. Before you had reroll 1, unless you hit double you were adding 4 damage to 30 arrowboys, now exploding 6 add 7.5 (from 22.5 to 30). Also much better if you fail brutal beast spirit, as you would still do 22.5 damage. And he now reroll casting each turn. Truly a great wizard! Glad I got two :) 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, broche said:

Yeah bone spirit is awesome. Before you had reroll 1, unless you hit double you were adding 4 damage to 30 arrowboys, now exploding 6 add 7.5 (from 22.5 to 30). Also much better if you fail brutal beast spirit, as you would still do 22.5 damage. And he now reroll casting each turn. Truly a great wizard! Glad I got two :) 

And think of the time saved in accounting and dice rolling!

• Like 2