AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

38 minutes ago, cplhicks said:

I grabbed the points from GMC video review. 

Savage Orruk  120-300

Savage Orruk morboys 120

Savage Orruk Arrow boyz 120

Savage Orruk big stabba 100

Savage Orruk Boarboyz130

Savage Maniaks Boarboyz 140

Maniak Weirdnob 120

Wurrgog Prophet 160

Savage Bigboss  100

Wardokk  80

So mostly upgraded with points remaining the same or sligt increases to match power. 

I think we're gonna be quite good :)

Kunning Ruk 1 big boss 2-5 Savage Orruks or Savage Orruk Arrow boyz.

Can still shoot or move in Hero phase must be wholly withing 12" of the Big boss.  Unit size in this battalion capped at 20. 

140 pts

So is the age of arrow spam dead or is is still workable?  I'm a bit surprised GW didn't nerf arrow boyz/kunning rukk in to the ground.  It seems still usable to me but we now have some other tricks or choices to run. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, cplhicks said:

Can still shoot or move in Hero phase must be wholly withing 12" of the Big boss.  Unit size in this battalion capped at 20. 

140 pts

So is the age of arrow spam dead or is is still workable?  I'm a bit surprised GW didn't nerf arrow boyz/kunning rukk in to the ground.  It seems still usable to me but we now have some other tricks or choices to run. 

Anything with decent range is gonna pop that big boss like a balloon. Even DoK (with Morathi) have enough sniping to put ruck out of the game with 12" wholey.

That said, just enormous blocks of arrowboyz with the busted allegiance trait will still do amazing damage to anything but stormcast even without ruck.

Edited by Belper

3 hours ago, cplhicks said:

140 pts

Capping the unit size for the Kunnin Rukk is a deal breaker for me.I will run Arrer Boyz but not with the Rukk.In 1.0 I ran a block of 40 and a block of 20,,the 40 got the Hero phase attention of course.Then in 2.0 I just ran a 30 and shot twice with it,that was just barely useful really.Now with just a unit of 20 shooting twice I don't see it worth the new reduced battalion cost.

Actually though,after seeing the Drakkfoot abilities I will probably be trying to fit 30 arrer boyz in with that Clan,and doing that will most certainly not have the room for any extra battalion cost im sure.

I'm looking at 30 Arrerboyz in Icebone, since they get "improve Rend by 1 on a 6 to wound". Should make a really scary ranged threat with exploding hits on the Weirdnob spell and Burtal Beasts. 

I want to play around with points, as I think Big Waaagh can benefit us as well but needs to build up on Points to get going. 

• Like 2

I really like the warscroll changes tbh :D
and multiple sources of exploding 6's to hit is gonna be hilarious xD

The wizard artefacts look sweet to, especially the 3rd one that gives you a random spell every round (+ you get to cast it in addition). Especially strong if you roll the spell you already have because that lets you cast it twice :o

The disco boiis get to pick a dance now and they all seem nice-ish. altough they are on a 3+ now. 

My favourite clan is probably icebone since it fixes our issue with having almost no rend a bit :P

Plus the slow people down with ice is so cool. I almost dislike drakfoot, becase it takes away something from other armies. Like it strips nurgle of its theme, plus it such an obvious hard counter to armies that rely on that save-after-save... 

So,,after seeing some tome reviews,,it looks like The Wurgogg has a rather nasty spell...Fist of Gork,enemy unit within 24",roll a dice for each model in the unit,,any 6`s do morts,,if the cast roll was a 10+,morts happen on a 4+

The thing is,if hes the general,then he can take a command trait that gives +1 to cast/Unbind,an artifact for +1 cast/unbind,then the Wardokk buff(on a 3+) for a third +1 cast/unbind.This would make the 4+ leafblower version somewhat reliable,,add in a Balewind and a first turn 30" nuke is on the table.

• Like 3

So am I correct in assuming that Spearboyz are our best foot option now?

30-2 wound models behind a 5+ in combat,with 3 attacks each 4+/4+ ,2" range means they get a huge amount of attacks on target..all for 300 pts.

I think they are more point efficient than Moreboys,though im sure a focused list of Moreboys is possible.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thostos said:

I think they are more point efficient than Moreboys,though im sure a focused list of Moreboys is possible.

Morboys get an extra attack and the +1 to hit if a monster was killed. I would argue that Morboys are sligthly better, an extra attack is slightly better than upgrading from 6+ to 5+, and can get a +1 to hit during the course of the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, broche said:

Morboys get an extra attack and the +1 to hit if a monster was killed. I would argue that Morboys are sligthly better, an extra attack is slightly better than upgrading from 6+ to 5+, and can get a +1 to hit during the course of the game.

There certainly is that,,though with the 2" range on the spears the Savage Boys actually will get more attacks overall...of course they would still be hitting and wounding on 4s too.

6 hours ago, broche said:

Well you will have more attacks with SO with spear cause they have 2" reach and fight on 2 ranks  so 20 SO does more attacks (and more attacks means more procs of 6's bonus hit) then 20 SOM (you never fit 20 of them in close). And you have the 5+, the +1 to hit after killing monsters is nice but to situational !

Edited by Ecko

Just cuz I haven't seen seen them talked about:

• Brutal Rukk: Big Boss + 2-5 Savage Orruks or Boarboys: units near the Big Boss can Run and still Charge (140)
  • Kop Rukk: 2-5 Wardokks + 2-5 Morboyz: Wardokk can cast Hand of Gork on top of other spells if near enough Morboyz (140)
  • Kunnin Rukk: Big Boss + 2-5 Savage Orruks/Arrowboyz: Can't have more than 20 models, 1 unit can move or shoot in the Hero Phase (140)
  • Snaga Rukk: Maniak Weirdnob + 2-5 Maniak Boarboys: Reroll charges near the Weirdnob (120)
  • Teef Rukk: Big Boss + 2-5 Stabba units: +1 attack to Stabbas near the boss. (140)
  • Big Rukk: Wurgog Prophet + 3-5 other Rukks: Reroll Warpaint (80)

Brutal, Kunnin, and Snaga all seem pretty reasonable to me. Kop is good but a lot more Morboyz than I think I'm willing to take. Teef is a bit pricey, but Stabbas are still fairly cheap and strong, so probably worth if you go heavy on them. 

Is there a world in which we get a reasonable 1 drop army? Big Rukk with 1 Brutal and 2 Teef Rukks:

'Un Drop

Wurgog Prophet
Big Boss
Big Boss
Big Boss

Savage Orruks x30
Boar Boys x5
Boar Boys x5

Big Stabbas
Big Stabbas
Big Stabbas
Big Stabbas

Brutal Rukk
Teef Rukk
Teef Rukk
Big Rukk

1880/2000

Not great, but it is technically a one-drop that has 8 Big Stabbas and a nice blob.

8 hours ago, Requizen said:

Kop Rukk: 2-5 Wardokks + 2-5 Morboyz: Wardokk can cast Hand of Gork on top of other spells if near enough Morboyz (140)

Hmmm... not sure if the Kop Rukk is worth it any more to be honest. Especially since I will be taking a prophet any ways.  As nice as Fist of Gork is, the rule of one still applies. I am going to have to think on it long and hard. Its 140 points and if you point out the command point, artifact, and drop reduction it may be technicaly worth its cost point wise, but I am not sure if its worth the opportunity cost those points represent. 

Also... from what leaks I heard Moreboys are still battleline, but no longer get their max squad discount? 

My old list was;

Drakfoot warclan 
Kop rukk 
4x wardokk 
Wurgog 
30 more boys 
30 more boys 
5 boar boys 
Rogue Idol 
Total: 1980

The list would now cost 1870 as is. I still want to do caster spam, but if I drop the Kop Rukk and change the Moreboys to regular boys I would free up 260 more points.  Thats enough to throw in a unit of 30 arrow boys and point out at 1970. Right this second, that is looking like a lot more attractive list.

Edited by bonzai

4 hours ago, bonzai said:

Hmmm... not sure if the Kop Rukk is worth it any more to be honest. Especially since I will be taking a prophet any ways.  As nice as Fist of Gork is, the rule of one still applies. I am going to have to think on it long and hard. Its 140 points and if you point out the command point, artifact, and drop reduction it may be technicaly worth its cost point wise, but I am not sure if its worth the opportunity cost those points represent. 

Also... from what leaks I heard Moreboys are still battleline, but no longer get their max squad discount? 

My old list was;

Drakfoot warclan 
Kop rukk 
4x wardokk 
Wurgog 
30 more boys 
30 more boys 
5 boar boys 
Rogue Idol 
Total: 1980

The list would now cost 1870 as is. I still want to do caster spam, but if I drop the Kop Rukk and change the Moreboys to regular boys I would free up 260 more points.  Thats enough to throw in a unit of 30 arrow boys and point out at 1970. Right this second, that is looking like a lot more attractive list.

The Kopp Rukk let you cast the Fist of Gork an additional time for free, it overrule the rule of 1 and your Wardokk can still cast his spell. It can be quite good vs horde army and with stacking +1 to cast but it will meh vs all other match up.

And yes Morboyz lost they horde reduction so it's 360 for 30 now, which make me think i'll maybe play a Brutal Rukk with SO instead

Really excited to see the update on the Rogue Idol profile, if it really gain the Bonesplittez keyword like they said it will on twitch last week, that could be huge !!! All abilities will work on it !! Wait and see because right now we can't even allie to it anymore !

Edited by Ecko

I'm trying to figure out a teef ruk list where I take a ton of Bigstabbas.  I love the model so much and I think there is a lot of buff stacking plus alpha strike possibility.  Back it up with batteline arrow boyz to start the pressure right away and add casters to taste.  

I too am hopefully about the Rogue Idol it's such a awesome model!  Not taking it as a ally would really open up a bunch of new tactical possibilities.  Just remember guys if we believe it hard enough it will happen due to Orruk WAAAGH energy!:D

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1