AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

2 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

add in Brutal Beast Spirits

Yea I forgot about that +1.

4 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

No it's one of each spell per army (I have had a game where both players cast Cogs :D).  I do like the suggestion though.

Probably an excellent call by GW to make that limit. Can you imagine the awful "count as" and ebay prices for a filth spell that was completely under pointed and justified having multiples in a list.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, That Guy said:

How ARE the Teef Rukks doing these days actually? I've never ran one myself.

Nor have I and I have never seen a well placing tournament list have one since they were re-pointed in the GH2. Only BS armies I see are boar spam and Krukk.

I ran this list at a 5 round GT tournament on the West Coast last weekend.

Realm of battle--Ghur

Wurgogg Porphet -Gen/Squirmy Warpaint  spell Brutal Beast Spirits

Savage Big Boss-  Gryph Feather Charm

Maniak Wierdnob-Rockjaws/Kunning Beast Spirits

Wardokk-Big wurgogg mask/Hand of Gork

30x Arrow boyz

10 Savage Orruks Choppas

10 Savage Orruks Spears

10 Savage Orruks Spears

2x Big Stabba

2xBig Stabba

2xBig Stabba

2xBig Stabba

Kunning Rukk

Bonegrindz warclan

Quicksilver swords

I was leary of bringing this list as this GT had some of the top ITC players in the USA attending,,though I know my Bonesplitterz rules well and have had a good amount of experience with this army since it was released,,though I had only played 3 games since AoS 2.0 with it and that was in a rather casual setting against mid tier lists(2 wins/1 loss against those).I had no intentions of winning the event and was pretty much just playing for fun since my main army for the ITC cycle this year is going to be Gitz but I still have severl models to paint for that.

I ended up playing 4 of the 5 rounds(had a drop in the 5th round and I opted to bow out for family issues).Basically I did horrible with them,,which was dissapointing since  I usually can count on at least one win.First round was closest game,not really surprised as I was playing a freinds Nighthaunt and he doesnt build really hard lists as he likes to use the cool stuff like me,heh.
  The  next 2 rounds were against Deepkin and DoK,both top tier builds,,niether was even close as,like the first round,,I was double turned both times here as well...I was simply outclassed in every catagorie it seemed,plus my poor rolling.Final round was against BCR however the scenario only had one objective in the middle of the board,,so yeah got rekt there too,lol.

I built this army to be one drop so as to garantee first turn,move forward and hop on objective,,screen the Rukk and shoot things...yet lost initiative 3 of 4 times.The other trick I have going,which up until this event had worked very well,was having the smaller units to get more chances for "loadsa Boys" to go off.The way this usually works is by mid late game I can get one unit back onboard into my opponents backfield to cap an objective,,this time though,out of the 24+ units I lost in 4 games,,2 units returned,both in the last game vs BCR..the scenario with one objective in the middle of the board /rolleyes.

Anyhow,,ive found that having the single block of Shootas for the Rukk to be the most efficient,,especially since the point increase,,2 units leaves one unbuffed and trying to get hits with 5s.The combination of Kunning Rukk shooting twice per turn and Stabbas moving forward as fast as possible gives this build alot of power,,but it struggles when an opponent can get a unit into melee range with the shooting block.The Stabbas are fun as hell to play with and once players see the d3 morts coming off them when they die,,they think twice about getting their 5 wound melee heros in range of them.

teeth ruk is an interesting choice. it's 50 pts for a second artefact and a bonus that get stronger the more monster in the meta. Looking at those UK master list, about two third of the list have monster, so not a bad overall.

I think there might be some interesting build in a mix destrucition with a Teeth ruk (as you could move Stabbas with destro move before triggering the bataillion, then buff them with some Warboss Waaagh! and charge again in combat phase!)

• Like 1

Yeah I quite like the idea of Teef Rukk as a Mixed Destro batallion.  I think the biggest thing is that you miss out on the +1 to hit, but obviously that can only go on 1 unit anyway.  You could also bring in a Maniak Weirdnob for the rerolls if you wanted, because his Warscroll spell still synergises outsite of Allegiance, and with his reroll to cast he's a decent Endless Spell caster.

One aspect I've been thinking about is Big Stabbas in a Firestorm allegiance.  It gives you another delivery mechanism with the pregame move / redeploy, a chance at summoning back a unit, and synergies with the Warboss variants.  A lot of those things can be achieved in-allegiance too with Allies and Hand of Gork, but I think the main advantage of Firestorm is the target saturation you can get from drawing from (virtually) the whole GA.

Have you got any lists?

no nothing quite satisfying yet. I'm currently with this but have trouble finding what else  would help me. Maybe a stonehorn or something like that

Allegiance: Destruction
Orruk Warboss on Wyvern (240)
- Boss Choppa and Boss Shield
Orruk Warboss (140)
- Boss Choppas
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
- Chompas
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
- Chompas
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
- Chompas
6 x Savage Big Stabbas (300)
6 x Savage Big Stabbas (300)
Teef Rukk (100)

Total: 1580 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 9
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 130

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all. I have been having a suss (read, lurking) through all of these posts within this thread, as well as looking through the 1d4chan thread on the Bonesplitterz and of course, trying to understand my Boyz through my battletome. I am relatively new to AoS and have been slowly collecting units to build up for my first real sized army :) 

I am hoping for some advice around a list that is fun to play with and against, I have played some small games of AoS and already love how awesome many abilities are (across all factions) as well as how thematic armies can be! 

I have the following units which I plan on putting together over my Easter break (later this month)!

6 x Savage Orruks boxes
1 x Savage Boarboys box
2 x Savage Orc Big Boss
3 x Wardokk
1 x Maniak Weirdknob
1 x Wurrgog Prophet

I know that this means I can basically do anything (although I am certainly not adverse to adding a few other units should I need them) - so I am really interested in having a discussion around some really fun play styles and thematic schemes that will make my games fun - and make me, and my opponents (who are all mates) go - "that! was such a cool turn/charge/magic off etc.." :) 

Any tips or advice around things to remember or beginner mistakes with this faction - yell out, more than willing to hear and make some notes!

Thanks in advance. WAAAAAGH!

2 hours ago, dropbearhobby said:

I know that this means I can basically do anything (although I am certainly not adverse to adding a few other units should I need them) - so I am really interested in having a discussion around some really fun play styles and thematic schemes that will make my games fun - and make me, and my opponents (who are all mates) go - "that! was such a cool turn/charge/magic off etc.." :) 

I'd build a Kopp rukk with the models you have! I think Bonesplitterz will have a shake up soon in terms of points or a new battletome (But that might be a year off). Kopp rukk is fun and decent.  It will let you play in the magic, movement and the combat phase.

Are the 6 x Savage Orruks boxes the new ones with 20 orruks each or old ones with 10. Either way build all the big stabbas you can, they are super fun. 

Wurrgog Prophet (140)

3 x Wardokk (300)

60 or 90 Savage Orruks Moarboyz (600 or 900)

If you want to go with 30x2 Savage Orruks Moarboyz throw in 1 unit boars to fill the 3rd battleline

As many Big stabbas as you have ( for every 8 orruks you can make 1 big stabba base and 2 bases = 1 unit at 100 points each)

Kopp Rukk (200)

When gluing on the hands of all bonesplitterz models use just a dot of glue. They may break in game which can be frustrating but it allows you to rip them off and swap out the different options easily. I recently turned 30 arrows into spear and shields and was happy the glue was light.

3 hours ago, dropbearhobby said:

Hey all. I have been having a suss (read, lurking) through all of these posts within this thread, as well as looking through the 1d4chan thread on the Bonesplitterz and of course, trying to understand my Boyz through my battletome. I am relatively new to AoS and have been slowly collecting units to build up for my first real sized army :) 

I am hoping for some advice around a list that is fun to play with and against, I have played some small games of AoS and already love how awesome many abilities are (across all factions) as well as how thematic armies can be! 

I have the following units which I plan on putting together over my Easter break (later this month)!

6 x Savage Orruks boxes
1 x Savage Boarboys box
2 x Savage Orc Big Boss
3 x Wardokk
1 x Maniak Weirdknob
1 x Wurrgog Prophet

Any tips or advice around things to remember or beginner mistakes with this faction - yell out, more than willing to hear and make some notes!

Thanks in advance. WAAAAAGH!

For the boarboys box i would make them all maniaks.

With 6 savage orruk boxes you have enough to make orruks, morboys, and arrowboys to complete a kopp rukk, brutal rukk, teef rukk, and kunnin rukk.

9 minutes ago, svnvaldez said:

I'd build a Kopp rukk with the models you have! I think Bonesplitterz will have a shake up soon in terms of points or a new battletome (But that might be a year off). Kopp rukk is fun and decent.  It will let you play in the magic, movement and the combat phase.

Are the 6 x Savage Orruks boxes the new ones with 20 orruks each or old ones with 10. Either way build all the big stabbas you can, they are super fun. 

Wurrgog Prophet (140)

3 x Wardokk (300)

60 or 90 Savage Orruks Moarboyz (600 or 900)

If you want to go with 30x2 Savage Orruks Moarboyz throw in 1 unit boars to fill the 3rd battleline

As many Big stabbas as you have ( for every 8 orruks you can make 1 big stabba base and 2 bases = 1 unit at 100 points each)

Kopp Rukk (200)

When gluing on the hands of all bonesplitterz models use just a dot of glue. They may break in game which can be frustrating but it allows you to rip them off and swap out the different options easily. I recently turned 30 arrows into spear and shields and was happy the glue was light.

The newer boxes with the 20 orruks each. Yeah love the Big Stabba profile, definitely will build these into my list.

Would it be worth magnetizing the hands in  a set of 30 boyz rather than the super glue route?

8 minutes ago, Mogwai Man said:

For the boarboys box i would make them all maniaks.

With 6 savage orruk boxes you have enough to make orruks, morboys, and arrowboys to complete a kopp rukk, brutal rukk, teef rukk, and kunnin rukk.

Maniaks better bang for buck?

Good to know I am not limited in that sense - pretty great that the one kit can build out so many options!

8 minutes ago, dropbearhobby said:

Maniaks better bang for buck?

Good to know I am not limited in that sense - pretty great that the one kit can build out so many options!

Yeah I think so. Maniaks get a lot more attacks. Boarboys with stikkas don't get their full damage potential unless it's against a monster. They do have hit and run though but that doesn't outweigh more attacks. For faction with limited access to rend the additional attacks is necessary.

The only exception I could see taking boarboys over maniaks would be if you're fielding a brutal rukk.

Edited by Mogwai Man

1 hour ago, dropbearhobby said:

Would it be worth magnetizing the hands in  a set of 30 boyz rather than the super glue route?

100% if you can be bothered.

Having 90 magnetized would set you for your bonesplittz life and let you play with 30 of each (boyz,arrows,moar) to see what you like.

If my math is right you can build 12 stabbas bases (24 models) and still have enough to make 90 magnetic 

Edited by svnvaldez

15 minutes ago, svnvaldez said:

100% if you can be bothered.

Having 90 magnetized would set you for your bonesplittz life and let you play with 30 of each (boyz,arrows,moar) to see what you like.

If my math is right you can build 12 stabbas bases (24 models) and still have enough to make 90 magnetic 

Yeah okay! Big project... anyone have any experience in doing this I have never magnetized models before.

Yeah I have 120 bodies right now of which I can build any which way :)

14 hours ago, Pedro_L said:

@Requizen I used Ironjaw brutes to convert some up. Not the best photos but check these out. 

Those look amazing! But I'm actually short the weapons, not the bodies haha. I'm trying to figure out something that might work as an alternative to the Big Stabba itself.

1 hour ago, Requizen said:

Those look amazing! But I'm actually short the weapons, not the bodies haha. I'm trying to figure out something that might work as an alternative to the Big Stabba itself.

I think if you have oval bases you could use Ironjaw brutes with spears or, potentially, whatever weapons you wanted. To me the notion of a 'Big Stabba' is not only a big spear, but in my case, the big guy that does the stabbing himself! As long as it fits with the rest of your army's theme and is on the correct base, I can't see why most TOs wouldn't accept that as legit. I've taken mine to Realms at War here in the UK, and will be taking them to BOBO in May :) 

Edit: This is pure speculation! No idea what TOs would say, but I'd wager cool converted Big Stabbaz would be fair game!

Edited by Pedro_L

7 hours ago, Requizen said:

I saw someone using a regular stick he found in his garden with a self-made blade, sadly I don't remember where.

Well, I won the local league with my Bonesplitters.  Got some lucky matchups in the season-ending 1 day tournament, avoided the witch aelves and the eel deepkin, made things happen.

You can go a long way with Morboys and an allied Wyvern Warboss. 

The more games I've used it, the more I like Kunnin Beast Spirits.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Requizen said:

Anyone considered bringing two Big Bosses? Doubling up on that CA could be quite powerful, though you'd need multiple Points to use it. Maybe bringing a Fungoid ally for the 4+ extra CP per turn?

Quite sure there are no FAQs on the Big Boss using the CA multiple times. He is one of the few older units that have out dated rules that let us spend 4 CA from one model to get every hit of a 4+ procing 4 extra attacks.

The Big Boss CA stack and the fact our rules our "Within" not "Wholey Within" are what most players exploit when using BS. A unit of 30 arrowz in a Krukk for the extra movement lets us alpha strike something like 270 attacks hit on 4s and 4s from a threat range of about 40inch. 

If I see a target I want to alpha my standard turn 1 would be to take top of t1;

Hero phase: cast Hand, +1 to hit, and cogs from my 3 casters each out of 30in on the unit I want to alpha with, spend 3 CP on the boss CA, roll 3 dice to regen those with the brooch then immediately spend them again. Leave 1 CP for IP.  Move  30 arrowz up 7 inches with Krukk and cogs.

Movement: 30 arrowz up 12 inches with cogs and hand leaving a tail back to the boss

Shooting: Fire 90 arrowz at 18in range with +1 to hit procing an attack*CA spend on 4s

Even thou that means you have 30 2 wound models up the board and can be scoring objective points be careful when alpha striking. You leave yourself open to being double turned and the boyz do die in droves to most high damage output armies. Hopefully the alpha strike kill the target  you wanted it to, such as Nagash, a ton of witchs, etc.

Edited by svnvaldez
  • Like 2