AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

1 hour ago, Requizen said:

While Maniaks are nice, it's just so light on bodies and hitting power. If you go that route, while I understand the desire to not take Endless Spells, I might find a way to get Cogs in there at least.

I understand, i've posted a few more lists up there, with a few more wounds. The problem with the Snaga lists is that honestly I don't see a reason to add in anything else than boarboys. What do you think about including Savage Boarboys? They are 40P cheaper, but in all honestly I like the Boarboy Maniaks way way more compared to them. Not only do they fight twice in the combat phase, but they also have an extra attack on their chompa and re-roll 1's to hit intrinsic. But the Savage Boarboys have a better save of 5+,  gain the ability to retreat and charge,  lose an attack on their main weapon, and do not fight twice, for 40P cheaper. I truelly wonder if it's worth including them, and also, might it be worth taking the Boar Stikka's? while getting a -1 on the to wound, they do 2 damage each to Monsters, and have 2". That range isn't that impressive on boar units in my opinion, but the 2 damage straight against monsters might bring potential.

I think i'll edit the last list again, because well, 1: I found out it's illegal at the moment, there's not enough units to justify the amount of allies(3), because that would mean we need to dillute the Boarboy Maniaks into a bunch of 5 boar units. and 2: I think we do need the endless spells.  So with some pain in the heart, I think it's smart to get rid of the second Fungoid, while it, by itself is worth it's point on average giving us 2 CP more in a game. We do lack an  endless spell or two and the second fungoid, couldn't really cast anything useful. We get cut down around 2-3 CP for the game, but...  even with just 1 fungoid and the 2 battalions, you start turn 1 with 3 CP and a 50% chance on a 4th. Overall we should still get 8CP over the entire game (1 for each turn for a 4 turn game + 2 from the 50% chance Fungoid + 2 from the battalions). And with the Aetherquartz Brooch, you can recycle 2-3, which means you still get a total of 10-11 CP on average with this list excluding the second fungoid. 

I like the Drakkfoot Warclan list the most list I'd probably try and find a way to squeeze a sacrificial Gargant in somehow, all those boys betting +1 to hit is quite beefy especially with all the -1 to hit around these days.  The problem with both lists though is they lack rend but at least with lots of wizards you have potential for a Mortal Wound hub. 

1 hour ago, Miscast said:

I'd probably try and find a way to squeeze a sacrificial Gargant in somehow

Ah yes, I do have an alternative list for that. I swap the 3rd Morboy unit for a unit of 5 Boarboy Maniaks and an Aleguzzler Gargant. You do lose about 33 wounds on it, but you get yourself a unit that can always fight twice and can rush objectives, and the sacrificial Aleguzzler, well... i mean, the gargant can still swing a good chunk of damage in, but the idea is to let him die of course.

1 hour ago, Miscast said:

The problem with both lists though is they lack rend but at least with lots of wizards you have potential for a Mortal Wound hub. 

Yes, that’s why with the Drakkfoot one, you have the LARGE amount of offensive spells, including Endless spells to bypass the need for rend altogether. Also with the amount of blows you deal in these lists, forcing all those saves, is almost running the need for rend into the ground. The Icebone list, at least the last one, also includes the fungoid with a vortex. His own spell can hurt, and with the cogs, combined with their own thumper and the Waaagh!- Monger trait, means that the Boarboy Maniaks shall receive a +5 to their charges, which makes pulling the Snaga Rukk ability off easier. A mortal wound for 50% of the models that charges. But yes the Icebone clan lists do lack the reliable rend or big amount of mortals nonetheless.

Give them both a try and let us know how it goes! I think the main issue with BS atm apart from having a god awful anvil/chaff/meh unit (Savages) is we pay a premium (300+ points) for the clans + battalions which make is hard to build fun lists with all the unit requirements just to access some fun play styles. 

14 hours ago, Miscast said:

Give them both a try and let us know how it goes! I think the main issue with BS atm apart from having a god awful anvil/chaff/meh unit (Savages) is we pay a premium (300+ points) for the clans + battalions which make is hard to build fun lists with all the unit requirements just to access some fun play styles. 

I just played the alternative list with the 3rd morboy replaced by some Boarboy Maniaks and the Aleguzzler. My opponent was a player playing the new Gloomspite Gitz. The fight was absolutely intense. Those Gloomspites are strong, and that moon is annoying, debuffing my dokks and wurrgog -1 to cast under the moon. He used Skragrot to keep targeting my characters, spread his shots on them so that it does mortal wounds at the end of the turn to like 4-5 to them, very annoying. Also grots under their loonshrine are really hard to shift, even with our amount of attacks. He assassinated 2 of my dokks by jumping over them with some squig hoppers and charging them with Boingrot bounders. But in the hero phase I still had massive dominance and assassinated skragrott asap. The amount of hits this list does is really crazy, I kept chopping grots down like they were broccoli sticks facing a cooking knife. At the end I had too much bodies for him to handle, our army doesn't care for mortal wounds against us compared to normal hits in all honesty. We tank with our wounds and he noticed that too. That Mangler Squig though tore through my aleguzzler in 1 turn, the aleguzzler couldn't do a thing, but at least he died, so my morboys retaliated on the mangler squigs and let's just say, WE GOT EM BOYZ. I actually Deff Rode him into the ground. His shoota's focused on taking my 1 morboy unit down, and eventually he succeeded. Lost 47 morboys. Won the game 12 to 8 VP.

Edited by That Guy

How are you guys feeling about a double Kunnin’ Rukk? Able to double action 2 units of Arrowboys. 

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Savage Big Boss (120)
- General
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch
- Trait: Squirmy Warpaint
Savage Big Boss (120)
- Artefact: Mirrored  Cuirras
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Ju-Ju Wotnotz
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Kunnin’ Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
-Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Brutal Beast Spirits

Battlelines
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (420)
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
10 x Savage Orruks (120)

Battalions
Kunnin’ Rukk (200)
Kunnin’ Rukk (200)

Endless Spells
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 184

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 5:51 AM, That Guy said:

How are you guys feeling about a double Kunnin’ Rukk? Able to double action 2 units of Arrowboys. 

It would be fine if you want to give it a go. The problem is you are losing 5 inches of threat from the unit that doesn’t have hand of gork and only 1 unit will have +1 to hit spell. Also it’s going to cost 2 CP each turn to give each the CA.

double krukk was a good list pre gh2 since they were amazingly cheap. Still isn’t awful now just not optimal.

Edited by svnvaldez

19 minutes ago, svnvaldez said:

It would be fine if you want to give it a go. The problem is you are losing 5 inches of threat from the unit that doesn’t have hand of gork and only 1 unit will have +1 to hit spell. Also it’s going to cost 2 CP each turn to give each the CA.

double krukk was a good list pre gh2 since they were amazingly cheap. Still isn’t awful now just not optimal.

Guess i need to include hand of gork after all huh, also with brutal beast spirits you do have only 1 target for your spell you are right, but with the luck of a double, you can target them both! Also including 2 battalions already nets you 3 CP total in turn 1 and by including the Aetherquartz Brooch, we’ll be getting 1/3 CP back that we use. Once we begin shooting, we’ll probably have enough CP to keep adding extra attacka to both units and add an inspiring presence here and there if needed.

On 2/10/2019 at 1:51 PM, That Guy said:

Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Savage Big Boss (120)
- General
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch
- Trait: Squirmy Warpaint
Savage Big Boss (120)
- Artefact: Mirrored  Cuirras
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Ju-Ju Wotnotz
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Kunnin’ Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
-Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Brutal Beast Spirits

Battlelines
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
10 x Savage Orruks (120)

Battalions
Kunnin’ Rukk (200)
Kunnin’ Rukk (200)

Endless Spells
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 184

360+ dice a turn? Good luck getting 5 turns in.... 

15 minutes ago, aceytrixx said:

360+ dice a turn? Good luck getting 5 turns in.... 

Dice App :D

I'm gonna be in a slow-grow league, starting at 1000 points and working up to 2k. Here's what I'm hoping to start with:

Maniak Weirdnob - Brutal Beast Spirits
Wurrgog Prophet - General, Squirmy Warpaint, Hand of Gork, Juju Wotnotz

30x Arrerboyz
10x Savage Boarboy Maniaks

Aethervoid Pendulum

1000/1000

Maybe 30 Arrerboyz is a bit mean in 1000 points, but I like having a mix of shooting and melee. Or drop 10 Arrerz and take a Big Boss instead, losing some shooting but potentially getting exploding 6s on either unit. 

1 minute ago, Requizen said:

Dice App :D

I'm gonna be in a slow-grow league, starting at 1000 points and working up to 2k. Here's what I'm hoping to start with:

Maniak Weirdnob - Brutal Beast Spirits
Wurrgog Prophet - General, Squirmy Warpaint, Hand of Gork, Juju Wotnotz

30x Arrerboyz
10x Savage Boarboy Maniaks

Aethervoid Pendulum

1000/1000

Maybe 30 Arrerboyz is a bit mean in 1000 points, but I like having a mix of shooting and melee. Or drop 10 Arrerz and take a Big Boss instead, losing some shooting but potentially getting exploding 6s on either unit.

If your scene/opponents are fine with dice apps then that's all good but that's a fairly hot button issue. 30arrerboyz certainly won't win you many friends at 1k but if you have a competitive meta then it would probably be fine. I can't even bring myself to run one Kunnin Rukk at a tournment let alone two. 

8 hours ago, That Guy said:

Maybe you can post 1 that you have in your vision, i’m curious. Love snaga and kop. Kunnin is effective with arrers but... the others are more engaging.

Not a finished build since there are 70 points left to use for endless spells and I didn't pick any items. Was mainly seeing how many wounds I could get out of a cavalry battleline.

SnagaRukk.pdf

Edited by Mogwai Man

5 hours ago, Mogwai Man said:

Not a finished build since there are 70 points left to use for endless spells and I didn't pick any items. Was mainly seeing how many wounds I could get out of a cavalry battleline.

SnagaRukk.pdf

This list is not legal. You are already going wrong with the Snaga Rukk. You need a minimum of 2 Boarboy Maniak units, splitting them up could make that work of course. Than for the Icebone Clan you need a minimum of 4 Boarboy Maniaks. Again your list could work, but you would need to have 4 x 5 Boarboy Maniaks instead of your 1 x 20. Minimum requirements. 

Besides this, I really do like your idea of 20 man unit Savage Boarboys. Not only do you give a good reason to take the Stikka's for the range, to attack more  boarboys, it also has huge potential vs monsters. I really really like your way of thinking. As for using the MSU Maniaks. It could actually work if you make it legal like that, they do have only 1" range on their attacks, so even with 10 boarboys, piling in is a bit more difficult. Although with multiple pile ins per turn, this problem is mitigated slightly. With the MSU you can constantly attack with all your boys, putting stikka's on the savage ones, same story. The weirdnob shaman spell works in an aura, so all your units could still benefit from it. The only thing that sucks is that spells like hand of gork, or brutal beast spirits will fall into nothing, using them on MSU units. You litterally would be better off targeting those on your savage boarboys in that case, and with only fighting once per turn... in all honesty I think your list will lack the punching power. It will have the wounds... but it won't break through I think. Especially with no Savage Big Boss, No Orruk Warboss, to generate extra attacks, and even the lack of a Wurrgog to fight an additional time. I think this army will have a weak punch. It will destroy monster lists though, but those are rare.

Edited by That Guy

6 hours ago, That Guy said:

This list is not legal. You are already going wrong with the Snaga Rukk. You need a minimum of 2 Boarboy Maniak units, splitting them up could make that work of course. Than for the Icebone Clan you need a minimum of 4 Boarboy Maniaks. Again your list could work, but you would need to have 4 x 5 Boarboy Maniaks instead of your 1 x 20. Minimum requirements. 

Besides this, I really do like your idea of 20 man unit Savage Boarboys. Not only do you give a good reason to take the Stikka's for the range, to attack more  boarboys, it also has huge potential vs monsters. I really really like your way of thinking. As for using the MSU Maniaks. It could actually work if you make it legal like that, they do have only 1" range on their attacks, so even with 10 boarboys, piling in is a bit more difficult. Although with multiple pile ins per turn, this problem is mitigated slightly. With the MSU you can constantly attack with all your boys, putting stikka's on the savage ones, same story. The weirdnob shaman spell works in an aura, so all your units could still benefit from it. The only thing that sucks is that spells like hand of gork, or brutal beast spirits will fall into nothing, using them on MSU units. You litterally would be better off targeting those on your savage boarboys in that case, and with only fighting once per turn... in all honesty I think your list will lack the punching power. It will have the wounds... but it won't break through I think. Especially with no Savage Big Boss, No Orruk Warboss, to generate extra attacks, and even the lack of a Wurrgog to fight an additional time. I think this army will have a weak punch. It will destroy monster lists though, but those are rare.

Oh yeah I forgot about the Maniak requirements! I do agree that the build has a good the wound count but it would lack punching power.

4 hours ago, AlmGandix3 said:

What are your thoughts on a substitute for the orruk warboss?

Sadly there isn’t. The best you can do in that case is just make sure you always run the savage boss with the wurrgog, so that you have the extra attacks generation and can fight once more. Perhaps in the bonesplitterz book update we at least get an actual savage warboss that can make us waaagh! But if your gamegroup allows it, i would just keep using the orruk warbosses till than.

• Thanks 1

Just played vs Gloomspite gitz, with the double kunnin’ rukk list, i must be honest, i do feel the 400p tax on the battalions, but it went really well. She played half squig, half moonclan grots. I really had to use the official dice app in order to roll my amount of shots every turn, but it worked out. Those poor moonclan grots. I must be honest though, those little chipmunks are super sturdy with their icon near a loonshrine, but i just focused on getting to objectives and defend those. I focused on shooting her support units, sneaky snufflers, sporesplatta fanatics. I can say, those sporesplatta fanatics hard counter a kunnin’ rukk. You litterally gotta waste all yours shots on like a few fanatics that are spread out in 1 phase, just so you can shoot the units behind them. After that focussed her squig units since those are annoying once they are close with their run and charge and their extra mortals on fleeing. I just kept on the objectives and at some point the grots had to move away from their loonshrine. Her squig units killed my savage orcs and with the bad moon and some shootas, they chipped down about 5 of my arrowboyz per unit. Big units of stabbas came closeby so i casted kunnin’ beast spirits on my first arrowboys, forcing her to re-roll her 6’s so, no tons of extra mortal wounds for her! Shot down about 40% of a unit of stabbas a bunch fled also, but the charge still did hurt. Bonesplitterz dropped below 20. But i still had my other unit of 25 arrowboys. Ofc her shootas and bad moon started focussing those as soon as my first unit dropped below 20. My savage bosses and like the 5 arrowboys left, finished up her big unit of stabbas and we held that objectives. She only had her loonboss, shaman and a big unit of 60 shootas left, she focused on bringing the shaman to my 5 arrowboys with 2 bosses on the objective and her loonboss, to try and take me out or outnumber / contest me on the point, while her shootas where moving towards objective 2 and shooting my now below 20 arrowboys. In the end she killed my 5 arrowboys, but my bosses killed her shaman and that was it for the first objective. The second one she, got down to like 30 shootas, but i charged her, forcing her to stay off the objective, while i kept a line of arrowboys near the objective. Won the game... but it was definetly a close one...

oh and about my weirdnob, she ran and charged both of them with squig units and tore them apart, to stop my kunnin’ beast spirits, brutal beast spirits, bone spirits casts. Squigs can really be fast, especially with that loonboss on great cave squig.

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 1

Eya, I've taken my bonesplitterz out of the box and made some test with them, 

This is the list I've tryed:

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- General
- Trait: Waaagh Monger 
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Wardokk (100)
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Hand of Gork or Mork
Wardokk (100)
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Brutal Beast Spirits
Wardokk (100)
- Artefact: Ju-ju Wotnotz 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Kunnin' Beast Spirits
Wardokk (100)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Squiggly Curse
Orruk Warboss on boar (140)

- Great Waaagh Banner

- Allies

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruk Morboys (300)
30 x Savage Orruk Morboys (300)
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)

Battalions
Kop Rukk (200)
Drakkfoot Warclan (140)

Total: 1900 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 4
Allies: 140 / 400
Wounds: 182

Made a game yesterday against a nighthaunt army. I have to say my opponent was not very expert and I was lucky to make a double on the hand of gork spell, but the first unit of 30 ork tabled nearly everything on the board in first turn multiengaging his meat shield and the units behind (moved 15 and charged 13 with +2 from unit +1 from bestial Spirit and +1 from waaaaghmonger). 

With the buff from spell (bestial) kop rukk and warboss with banner every moreboyz was doing 10 attack (4cp waaaagh x 2 weapon type) 3+ 2+rerollable and 3+3+ reroll 1.

Killed 30 grimghast, 10 chain ghast a hero with the first unit and 4 out of 6 spirit hosts with the second. 

In second turn he have left just the unit in reserve and I have lost 3-5 orcs. 

Have to test more time with more expert players but I'm happy with this melee variant of the bonesplitterz. 

Edited by Arael
  • LOVE IT! 2