AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

21 hours ago, Requizen said:

Anything good to be made out of Snaga Rukk and/or Icebone? I find myself really liking the Boars and would be greatly amused if I could do an all-cavarly or at least mostly-cavalry army.

I have never tried an all cavalry battleline before. So I couldn't say how well it would perform.

So regarding AoS 2.0. A bunch has changed for this army, from efficiency in the hero phase, to more units being battleline, endless spells and the horde meta we are in now. Therefore I decided to make a few new lists. Here's 2 of them I would like to have some feedback on, actually just give your opinion as well. I will give some follow up reasoning for my choices as well. 

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- General
- Artefact: Gryph-Feather Charm
- Trait: Squirmy Warpaint 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Wardokk (100)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Hand of Gork (or Mork)
Wardokk (100)
- Artefact: Mystic Waaagh! Paint
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Brutal Beast Spirits
Wardokk (100)
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Bone Krusha
Wardokk (100)
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Squiggly Curse
Orruk Warboss (140)
- Great Waaagh! Banner
-Boar

Battlelines
30 x Savage Orruk Morboys (300)

Battalions
Kop Rukk (200)
Drakkfoot Warclan (140)

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 140 / 400
Wounds: 212

First of all I want to say that I decided to go the Kop Rukk way. The reason for this is because I think that Morboys as battleline and the power of Magic and Command abilities in 2.0 truelly are the hidden gem of Bonesplitterz. With the nerfs of the Kunnin' Rukk, the nerf on shooting all together(Units in combat can only shoot the unit they are in combat with, Trees line of sight blocking) it truelly is an interesting time.

This list focuses on the raw aggression that the Bonesplitterz can bring in the Hero Phase and Combat phase. The idea is an overload of Mortal Wounds and up to 3 x Fighting, using the Blood Waaagh! Spell together with the Command ability of the Wurrgog. Putting the Wurrgog on the Vortex allows him to cast his own unique spell, blood waagh and the warcry in one turn with increased ranges. I took the warcry on the Wurrgog, because he has the highest bravery. On top of that together with the vortex, artefact and trait, he will sport a 3+ save with a 4+ mortal wound ignore. I decided on 4 Wardokks, so in case that I need to split up the force, I can let the Wardokks split up in groups of 2, to keep the Kop Rukk bonus going for the Morboys. The spells on the Wardokks are chosen to maximize on mortal wound output in the hero phase, while providing mobility to the army. The Wurrgog Mask artefact is the perfect artefact to take a strong Hero/Monster or problematic elite monster down. Why did i not choose to go for the Kunnin' Beast Spirits? Well in all honesty, like I said earlier, this list focuses mostly on pure aggression. Kunnin' Beast Spirits is a perfect flex pick though! Don't get me wrong. Especially in current meta, not being able to debuff abilities that go off on 6's to hit, this spell shines, because guess what... we can make them re-roll. So watch for your matchup and swap out Bone Krusha for Kunnin' Beast Spirits I would say. The Greenskinz Warboss, is just the perfect force multiplier for this army, not only does he give re-roll to wounds of 1, but also enables our morboys to go up 2 attacks, because they have 2 different melee weapons. This makes a single Morboy unit be able to dish out 121 attacks, up to 3 times in 1 turn. Yes, 343 attacks, what's up Khorne. Anyways the one thing I found missing, is that with this list, you don't have a guerenteed Monster to die in your game. You want a Monster to die, since you want that +1 to hit on your Morboys. So in my second list, I instead removed 1 of the 30 Morboy units, replaced it with 5 Savage Maniak Boarboys and added an allied in Aleguzzler Gargant to just throw at the enemies strongest units in order to... well, die swinging I guess. Let me know what you think folks.

EDIT:
Took the Gryph-Feather Charm from the Warboss, took Glowin' Tattooz from the Wurrgog. Put Gryph-Feather Charm on Wurrgog, put Mystic Waaagh! Paint on a Wardokk, for some broader and better unbinding. I understand that the Mystic Waaagh! Paint works te best on a Wurrgog, since he has 2 Unbinds, but I still think that a defensive artefact like the Feather is the way to go for the Wurrgog. Alternative options for the Wardokk, would be Dokk Juice, to boost it's sustain, or Savage Trophy, which boosts bravery +1 in a radius of 10" for bonesplitterz, both affecting the morboys and Wurrgog, who can use it for Gorkamorka's War Cry. 

Edited by That Guy

30 minutes ago, Mogwai Man said:

I am going with a kopp rukk as well. But I have 60 morboys and 30 arrowboys. Debating on converting the unit of arrowboys to morboys though.

Two builds I have in mind currently. 

KopRukk 1.0.pdf

KopRukk 2.0.pdf

While I do like both your lists i feel you do yourself short by not including any endless spell, nor a Monster, or a 4th dokk. The 4th dokk is a big one, allowing you to split your dokks, each duo going with 1 unit of 30 morboys. Personally I think an Orruk Warboss, is a flat improvement on the Savage warboss. + 1 attack and re-roll 1 to wound, far outdoes adding attacks on 6’s even if you buff it. Now.... i do understand in your first list, the savage boss can also affect the arrowboys. In your 2nd list it’s kinda mmm...  my biggest advice is dumping the big stabbas, while they are effective elite killers and monster killers. Your arrowboys and especially morboys and your shamans will do the trick alone. Instead of them you can include a warboss with an endless spell or 2 or even a Aleguzzler Gargant with an endless spell or a 4th dokk with spells and endless spells. Both which shall GREATLY force multiply your entire list. The gargant once it dies, will buff your morboys permanently and the endless spells will be of great impact because of kop rukk  and Drakkfoot Warclan. 

Edited by That Guy

12 minutes ago, That Guy said:

While I do like both your lists i feel you do yourself short by not including any endless spell, nor a Monster, or a 4th dokk. The 4th dokk is a big one, allowing you to split your dokks, each duo going with 1 unit of 30 morboys. Personally I think an Orruk Warboss, is a flat improvement on the Savage warboss. + 1 attack and re-roll 1 to wound, far outdoes adding attacks on 6’s even if you buff it. Now.... i do understand in your first list, the savage boss can also affect the arrowboys. In your 2nd list it’s kinda mmm...  my biggest advice is dumping the big stabbas, while they are effective elite killers and monster killers. Your arrowboys and especially morboys and your shamans will do the trick alone. Instead of them you can include a warboss with an endless spell or 2 or even a Aleguzzler Gargant with an endless spell or a 4th dokk with spells and endless spells. Both which shall GREATLY force multiply your entire list. The gargant once it dies, will buff your morboys permanently and the endless spells will be of great impact because of kop rukk and and Drakkfoot Warclan. 

I have been considering buying an addtional wardokk, an aleguzzler gargant, and the malign sorcery expansion. The big stabbas do seem to be unnecessary with a morboys battleline.  I think I'll go with refitting the arrowboys to morboys (save points) and not buy the savage warboss. Thanks for the sound advice on improving my kopp rukk. 

Have you tried a snaga rukk yet at all?

Edited by Mogwai Man

12 minutes ago, Mogwai Man said:

I have been considering buying an addtional wardokk, an aleguzzler gargant, and the malign sorcery expansion. The big stabbas do seem to be unnecessary with a morboys battleline.  I think I'll go with refitting the arrowboys to morboys (save points) and not buy the savage warboss. Thanks for the sound advice on improving my kopp rukk. 

Have you tried a snaga rukk yet at all?

Oh yes. Absolutely terrifying in an Icebone Warclan, once again adding the Orruk warboss with them, buffs boths the boar and the chompa. Wurgog shaman once again can make them absolutele monsters, again reaching 3 x fighting in 1 turn. It’s obvious that this force won’t do the magic that the Kop Rukks do in combat, BUT the weirdnob spells on them are kinda half working, since it will only affect the boar attacks unless you roll a double on your cast. Their initial charge is devastating though, with the re-rolls on the to wounds and possibly some mortal wound output. The Wurrgog does have trouble to keep up, but the 15” range does help on his command ability. Also the amount of models is easier to work with and to get all in combat.

15 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Oh yes. Absolutely terrifying in an Icebone Warclan, once again adding the Orruk warboss with them, buffs boths the boar and the chompa. Wurgog shaman once again can make them absolutele monsters, again reaching 3 x fighting in 1 turn. It’s obvious that this force won’t do the magic that the Kop Rukks do in combat, BUT the weirdnob spells on them are kinda half working, since it will only affect the boar attacks unless you roll a double on your cast. Their initial charge is devastating though, with the re-rolls on the to wounds and possibly some mortal wound output. The Wurrgog does have trouble to keep up, but the 15” range does help on his command ability. Also the amount of models is easier to work with and to get all in combat.

Nice. I should have bought an orruk warboss sooner. I'll have to keep an eye out on ebay or local stores to see if they still have any.

The only thing to remember with your lists is the orruk warboss can't have an artifact.

But i really like both the Kopp Ruk and Snagga Ruk. 

If going for Drakfoot definitly look at some endless spells because of the number of casters you have as well as the ability to have the spells go off even if you roll snake eyes.

Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Maniak Weirdnob  (120)
- General
- Artefact: Da Icebone Skull
- Trait: Waaagh! - Monger
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Ju-Ju Wotnotz
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- Artefact: Gryph-Feather Charm
Orruk Warboss (140)
- Great Waaagh! Banner
- Boar

Battlelines
15 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (420)
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)
   5 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (140)

Battalions
Snaga Rukk (170)
Icebone Warclan (160)

Endless Spells 
Quicksilver Swords (20)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 140 / 400
Wounds: 156

This is what I ran, the choices are pretty obvious, but i’ll answer questions. I wasn’t sure if I could take glowin’ tattooz on the allied in warboss. The app allowed me to and the battletome says a hero with the Bonesplitterz allegiance may take:  so i wasn’t sure and took Ju-Ju Wotnotz instead.

Edited by That Guy

4 hours ago, That Guy said:

If an important hero can't keep up you can give him the aqshy artifact that gives him 4" extra move and flying. Sry I don't know what it is called in english

8 hours ago, Davros said:

The only thing to remember with your lists is the orruk warboss can't have an artifact.

But i really like both the Kopp Ruk and Snagga Ruk. 

If going for Drakfoot definitly look at some endless spells because of the number of casters you have as well as the ability to have the spells go off even if you roll snake eyes.

You are partly correct, i just checked the battletome again and it does say Bonesplitterz Hero or Bonesplitterz Wizard for the Bonesplitterz Artefacts. Also in the core rules it specifies that allied heroes can’t benefit from allegiance abilities and the army artefacts are part of them, BUT realm artefacts are not, i’ve not seen any rule against taking a realm artifact like the Gryph-Feather Charm from the Realm of Ghur on the Orruk Warboss, in my Kop Rukk list.

3 hours ago, AlmGandix3 said:

If an important hero can't keep up you can give him the aqshy artifact that gives him 4" extra move and flying. Sry I don't know what it is called in english

Thermalrider Cloak is indeed an option, but the question is... do you want to give up a -1 to hit debuff for your opponent in both shooting and melee for 3” extra movement and fly? Especially on a Wurrgog Prophet, this results to a -2 to hit, combined with Look Out, Sir! for ranged attacks and also -2 to hit for melee, because of the Wurrgog beastmask ability.

6 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

Anybody looking at Gloomspite allies for the Splitters?

I’ve looked into it briefly, since i’ve started up a squig list for them. I think Boingrot bounders on 1000p can offer some nice anvil for your forces. Giving you some armour to work with, also the mortal wound output on the charges. 10 boingrots fit perfectly in a 1000p list. And 20 in a 2000p one, if you wanna go that far. Also stabbas in MSU configuration do really well on back end objectives,  with the icon boosting save +1, they can have a 4+ save out of cover.  Or vs melee oriented armies the banner for +1 bravery, even so... they do suffer from low bravery nonetheless. Also objectives usually count models around them and never wounds. Stay clear of shootas, your arrowboys, destroy shootas in efficiency. Dankholds are no monsters and therefore, still go with Aleguzzler Gargants. Troggoths can give you some sustain, but nothing what your hordes can’t do. Big Stabbas can provide rend and mortals. But if you like troggoths, they are not bad. Arrachnaroks in 2000p lists can offer you a deepstrike spider to threaten with and is counted as monster if it dies, for da morboys. Also the flinger arachnarok is not too shabby for some attack order shenanigans. The moonclan heroes though! That’s where it’s at. They can provide massive support, the fungoid cave shaman can generate extra command points and the madcap shaman can add -1 to hit debuff for ranged attacks on one of your units, because it targets a friendly unit. Also a special mention to the endless spells of the gloomspite, most can be taken by just including a wizard with the right keywords. If you take the arachnacauldron you can even have access to the entire moonclan lore! I forgot to mention, in 1 of my lists i allied in a mangler squigs. ABSOLUTE carnage unit, goes the Skarbrand route if it when it dies more after the midpoint of his wounds. Also if it dies? Morboy buff.

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 1

Not to mention the new breakthrough of the almighty Waaagh! Taking the realm of Hysh and picking the Aetherquartz Brooch(everytime you spend a CP, roll a dice, on a 5+ you get the CP back). Than ally in the max amount of Fungoid Cave-Shamans, which is 4 (360) on a 2000p list. The Fungoid Cave- Shamans have the Mouthpiece of Mork ability which gives you an extra CP on a 4+ in each hero phase. On average you should get 3CP every turn than, and on average you should re-cycle 1 of those, resulting in being able to spend 4CP a turn. Since Waaagh! are stackable you can use this on the Orruk Warboss and force multiply Morboys to lunatic levels, or any other orruk unit. Ironjawz can do this better with their Waaaghs! being able to add 2 attacks on a roll of a 6. This results in like 5-8 Extra attacks. But what we can do is also make our units attack multiple times, which will DOUBLE the amount of attacks that they use. So say you spam 3 Waaghs. 
Than a unit of 30 morboys would get .... 241 attacks. Than attack twice and... well... that's 482 attacks from 1 unit. You probably realize how nuts this is, especially since there's also possibilities to attack 3 times..... We have access to this completely legit though.

Edit: The Warboss Command ability only applies in the next combat phase, so attacking in the hero phase doesn't give the bonesplitterz the extra attack. Hmmmmmm, this makes me even reconsider my Drakkfoot list, it seems the Orruk Warboss is a lot more effective in a Snaga Rukk in that case, since Boarboy Maniaks attack twice in the combat phase, but the Wurrgog and the Blood Waaagh! Spell, both make a unit attack in the hero phase, and therefore the extra attack buff of the warboss doesn't work for them. 

The Savage Warboss on the other hand can affect only 1 unit, if you get the +1 to hit from a monster dying for your Morboys and +1 from Brutal Beast Spirits, you can make it trigger on a 4+. Now with the Wurrgog you can make them attack again in the Hero Phase, and you can also do a Blood Waaagh! in the hero phase. So... a 30 model unit would do 61 attacks. 30.5 which generate a new attack. So in total 91.5 attacks. Which, means a total of 274.5 attacks in a turn. Adding say... 2 x 30 other Morboys attacking normally, that would be 396,5 attacks. Now that would cost you 2CP and being able to attack every single morboy in a 3 x 30 Morboy list. 

Now let's take the Warboss and you use 2 CP to make a unit attack twice also and use Blood Waaagh!. 
Hero Phase: 183 Attacks.
Combat Phase: All 3 units get +1 attack .     121 attacks per unit, which is 363 total. 
Total: 546 attacks.

But this is only if you get to attack with all your units. The thing is.... use more Waaagh! and you add 60 attacks to each morboy unit everytime. While using the Savage Orruk Boss adds 30.5 for each time a unit gets to attack. The Blood Waaagh! you get to use only once per turn. And fighting once extra using the Wurrgog  will give you a full 91.5 Attacks. As you can see, both tactics work, but for full force multiplying the Orruk Warboss, STILL wins, in fact, using the Wurrgog ability could even been seen as a waste instead of using another Waaagh! But don't underestimate attacking in the hero phase.

Edited by That Guy

55 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Not to mention the new breakthrough of the almighty Waaagh! Taking the realm of Hysh and picking the Aetherquartz Brooch(everytime you spend a CP, roll a dice, on a 5+ you get the CP back). Than ally in the max amount of Fungoid Cave-Shamans, which is 4 (360) on a 2000p list. The Fungoid Cave- Shamans have the Mouthpiece of Mork ability which gives you an extra CP on a 4+ in each hero phase. On average you should get 3CP every turn than, and on average you should re-cycle 1 of those, resulting in being able to spend 4CP a turn. Since Waaagh! are stackable you can use this on the Orruk Warboss and force multiply Morboys to lunatic levels, or any other orruk unit. Ironjawz can do this better with their Waaaghs! being able to add 2 attacks on a roll of a 6. This results in like 5-8 Extra attacks. But what we can do is also make our units attack multiple times, which will DOUBLE the amount of attacks that they use. So say you spam 3 Waaghs. 
Than a unit of 30 morboys would get .... 241 attacks. Than attack twice and... well... that's 482 attacks from 1 unit. You probably realize how nuts this is, especially since there's also possibilities to attack 3 times..... We have access to this completely legit though.

Edit: The Warboss Command ability only applies in the next combat phase, so attacking in the hero phase doesn't give the bonesplitterz the extra attack. Hmmmmmm, this makes me even reconsider my Drakkfoot list, it seems the Orruk Warboss is a lot more effective in a Snaga Rukk in that case, since Boarboy Maniaks attack twice in the combat phase, but the Wurrgog and the Blood Waaagh! Spell, both make a unit attack in the hero phase, and therefore the extra attack buff of the warboss doesn't work for them. 

The Savage Warboss on the other hand can affect only 1 unit, if you get the +1 to hit from a monster dying for your Morboys and +1 from Brutal Beast Spirits, you can make it trigger on a 4+. Now with the Wurrgog you can make them attack again in the Hero Phase, and you can also do a Blood Waaagh! in the hero phase. So... a 30 model unit would do 61 attacks. 30.5 which generate a new attack. So in total 91.5 attacks. Which, means a total of 274.5 attacks in a turn. Adding say... 2 x 30 other Morboys attacking normally, that would be 396,5 attacks. Now that would cost you 2CP and being able to attack every single morboy in a 3 x 30 Morboy list. 

Now let's take the Warboss and you use 2 CP to make a unit attack twice also and use Blood Waaagh!. 
Hero Phase: 183 Attacks.
Combat Phase: All 3 units get +1 attack .     121 attacks per unit, which is 363 total. 
Total: 546 attacks.

But this is only if you get to attack with all your units. The thing is.... use more Waaagh! and you add 60 attacks to each morboy unit everytime. While using the Savage Orruk Boss adds 30.5 for each time a unit gets to attack. The Blood Waaagh! you get to use only once per turn. And fighting once extra using the Wurrgog  will give you a full 91.5 Attacks. As you can see, both tactics work, but for full force multiplying the Orruk Warboss, STILL wins, in fact, using the Wurrgog ability could even been seen as a waste instead of using another Waaagh! But don't underestimate attacking in the hero phase.

With 32 mm bases only some morboys will be able to attack and therefore alot less attacks, sadly.

2 minutes ago, AlmGandix3 said:

With 32 mm bases only some morboys will be able to attack and therefore alot less attacks, sadly.

Yes, you are right, this is another thing that is a benefit when you get to attack multiple times, you get to pile in every single time. 

On that regard I made a new list, using the Snaga Rukk and the Icebone Warclan, using the the command point re-cycle tactic.

Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Maniak Weirdnob  (120)
- General
- Artefact: Da Icebone Skull
- Trait: Waaagh! - Monger
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Ju-Ju Wotnotz
Orruk Warboss (140)
- Great Waaagh! Banner
- Boar
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)

Battlelines
15 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (420)
   5 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (140)
   5 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (140)

Battalions
Snaga Rukk (170)
Icebone Warclan (160)

Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 230 / 400
Wounds: 133

The list obviously focuses around mobility and maximizing attacks on the Boarboy Maniaks.
With this list you should start out with 3CP +1, because of a new turn + 1 because of the Mouthpiece of Mork. It is possible to start with 4CP or even 6CP, depending on your luck on rolling for the Mouthpiece. Each turn on average will give you another 2CP. 

The Icebone Skull can keep your weirdnob longer alive, while he boosts Boarboy Maniaks even more for the charge with the Waaagh!- Monger trait. Being able to buff the charge by 1 makes the Maniaks have a +3 on their charge. This makes it more likely to get ability off from the Snaga Rukk. Artefact on the second Weirdnob is obviously to re-cycle CP's, the Hand of Gork ( or Mork) is huge in a list like this. The Icebone Clan changing their movement in 11" instead of 9" means that with this spell 1 unit is able to move 22" or even 33", which is absolutely insane. The artefact on the Orruk Warboss, is there for defense of this key model in the list. Sadly he will be running a lot since he will be somewhat slower than the rest of the clan. The Fungoid Cave Shamans are nice to have on the objectives or try and get them as close as possible. The Balewind Vortex is especially very effective with a Fungoid Cave-Shaman boosting his D6" range spell to a 6+D6, Ouch!. And being able to cast an additional spell, they can launch off a pendulum endless spell. Tell me what you think!

EDIT:
Took out the artefact on the allied hero. Took away the endless spells, added a Maniak Weirdnob with Ju-Ju Wotnotz artefact.
The other option is getting rid of 1 of the Fungoid-Cave Shamans and than adding either a Wurrgog, Maniak Weirdnob or another 5 Maniak Boarboys. At this moment we lost the endless spells and an extra CP, but gained a Weirdnob, with an artefact.

EDIT 2:
Took out 1 of the Fungoid-Cave Shamans. Added Endless Spells: Chronomantic Cogs and Balewind Vortex. The Cogs will boost te list going even faster and give the +5" charge total, which is great with the Snaga Rukk ability. The Balewind Vortex is great for the Fungoid Cave-Shaman. 

Edited by That Guy

27 minutes ago, Miscast said:

I like the CP farm but the wound count is quite low for a 6+ save army, there may be alot of potential attacks but not much sustain. Plus I don't think allies can take artifacts period.

Correct, allies can never take Artifacts. 

I would also caution people relying on the Orc Warboss too much, I'm pretty sure it's getting changed to only affect <Orc and Goblin> units soon. You can find the Orc and Goblin Legends pdf here at the Legends page, I'm pretty sure it'll replace the one in the app before too long.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Requizen said:

I would also caution people relying on the Orc Warboss too much, I'm pretty sure it's getting changed to only affect <Orc and Goblin> units soon. You can find the Orc and Goblin Legends pdf here at the Legends page, I'm pretty sure it'll replace the one in the app before too long.

"We have also included warscrolls for Orcs & Goblins units that fought in the world-that-was and whose descendents still fight in the Mortal Realms, the models for which are available as part of the Warhammer Age of Sigmar range. For example, a warscroll is included for Goblin Wolf Riders, so that you can use the models as part of an Orcs & Goblins army from the world-that-was. In addition, Wolf Rider models can also be fielded using the Grot Wolf Riders warscroll in Grand Alliance: Destruction, as part of a Gitmob army from the Mortal Realms."

It's possible that things will be going away.  But it's also possible that, much like "Dark Elf Witch Elves" in the Dark Elves Legends pack, they will live on in AoS in parallel with being entered into the Legends.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

"We have also included warscrolls for Orcs & Goblins units that fought in the world-that-was and whose descendents still fight in the Mortal Realms, the models for which are available as part of the Warhammer Age of Sigmar range. For example, a warscroll is included for Goblin Wolf Riders, so that you can use the models as part of an Orcs & Goblins army from the world-that-was. In addition, Wolf Rider models can also be fielded using the Grot Wolf Riders warscroll in Grand Alliance: Destruction, as part of a Gitmob army from the Mortal Realms."

It's possible that things will be going away.  But it's also possible that, much like "Dark Elf Witch Elves" in the Dark Elves Legends pack, they will live on in AoS in parallel with being entered into the Legends.

Yeah, for sure, but considering the model is no longer being printed I just wouldn't be surprised if it happened. Use it until it changes though :D 

Personally I'm looking at allying in Mollog. I really like the model (yay Underworlds!) and a tough Hero with a MW weapon is nothing to sneeze at for just 170. Kind of like a mini Dankhold Troggboss.

14 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Correct, allies can never take Artifacts. 

I found it in the Core Rules FAQ, that allied heroes can't take artefacts. I will change the lists accordingly. 

19 minutes ago, Requizen said:

I'm pretty sure it's getting changed to only affect <Orc and Goblin> units soon.

I fear for the same, back to Savage Warboss it is at that point.

Also, what do you guys think of including a chronomantic cogs in a Snaga Rukk/Icebone list? Getting that +5 Charge and 13 movement on most units.

15 hours ago, That Guy said:

Updated lists. Let me know what YOU think. ;)

While Maniaks are nice, it's just so light on bodies and hitting power. If you go that route, while I understand the desire to not take Endless Spells, I might find a way to get Cogs in there at least.