AoS 2 - Ironjawz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

So after several more games I've come to the following conclusions.

Ardboys

They work really well in 5s (duh) and the 15s are solid but require way to much babysitting from your warchanter. Its so easy to end up outside of the bubble and/or get tied down. While significantly better than in 10s the new bravery stat, and fact it has to come from the boss, makes them incredibly command point intensive in an army which always needs more as it is.

Warchanters

2 just isn't enough, you always need more of the buffs and if even one dies your damage tanks. Brutes/ggs are so much worse without the buffs.

37 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Ardboys

They work really well in 5s (duh) and the 15s are solid but require way to much babysitting from your warchanter. Its so easy to end up outside of the bubble and/or get tied down. While significantly better than in 10s the new bravery stat, and fact it has to come from the boss, makes them incredibly command point intensive in an army which always needs more as it is.

Warchanters

2 just isn't enough, you always need more of the buffs and if even one dies your damage tanks. Brutes/ggs are so much worse without the buffs.

1 mbmk, 3 warchanters, 15 gore gruntas and 1 rogue idol is 2005 points. Arrgh! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Malakree said:

Ardboys

Warchanters

Pretty much lines up with common wisdom and my own experience as well. I personally only ever take 'ardboyz 5x3 to go Ironsunz. Very rarely just an odd unit of 5 to fill on points.

3 Warchanters is absolutely minimum for me, and I don't know how people play with less. It's especially perplexing when I see 1-2 Warchanters and they're not even shooting for a one-drop. 

1 hour ago, Andrew G said:

Pretty much lines up with common wisdom and my own experience as well. I personally only ever take 'ardboyz 5x3 to go Ironsunz. Very rarely just an odd unit of 5 to fill on points.

3 Warchanters is absolutely minimum for me, and I don't know how people play with less. It's especially perplexing when I see 1-2 Warchanters and they're not even shooting for a one-drop. 

For me it's purely I don't have the third. Previously 2 was standard and 3 was extreme, now the third is really needed just for redundancy if nothing else.

I think it depends on what kind of list you run. From my experience my opponent dont focus the Warchanters as first prio due to two things - I generally always have them sit behind some terrain/out of range and if they focus the Warchanter then they are still gonna be hit hard. Most armies that can remove your Warchanters so easily cant really tank damage and those that count on tanking damage generally cant just snipe your Warchanters from afar. 

I use 3 if double Warlord Batallion and otherwise 2 and from experience thats just fine. I dont want to sink too many points into heroes and risk not having enough wounds on the table.

On 11/24/2021 at 6:17 PM, Andrew G said:

With 3 chanters, what is your regular ironsuns list?