Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Ironjawz Discussion

57 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

MSU brutes in a brute fist, with ironsunz clan, and a shaman with wrath of gork could have some gas.

MSU brutes will pump up wrath of gork, and you can bait with a unit of brutes then use the ironsunz CA to counter charge.

Cheers for the advice mate, i havnt tried using wrath of gork with my shaman yet.....and i must admit that brutes are my favourite ironjawz models so might have to give that a go

Re. Bloodtoofs' Get Da Realmgate command trait

I love the sound of the Bloodtoofs' abilites... except I find the whole realmgate thing a bit odd as it's not something I've ever experienced anyone actually using. Is it worth going Bloodtoofs if not using a realmgate, and if so are you missing out on a command trait that other warclans have as you'd basically be sacrificing having a useable command trait?

If taking a realmgate, how exactly does it work in terms of setting it up/them up (and do you take one or two?)? Do you just rock up to the game with a realmgate/s, declare you're going to use it and plonk it down wherever on the board... and it doesn't cost points??
I know it would depend on context - is it your local club or a tournament, etc, but as a general rule of thumb, how do Bloodtoofs players go about it? Does your opponent ever have an issue with it, or even say they're OK with it but clearly are seething inside and it sours the mood of the match? Or does it essentially work like the free (in terms of points) army-specific terrain pieces other factions get to use? 

As a side question but related, I don't have the 'official' model but do have these (see image), which believe it or not are meant to go in fish tanks but I think look just as good if not better than the GW models, and certainly thematic for a Destruction army! Anyway, the question is - at your average FLGS or games club, how bothered do you think people would be about these not being the 'proper' size, etc?

(I've searched 'Bloodtoofs', 'Baleful' and 'Realmgate' and I haven't come across anyone specifically discussing this topic, but apologies if it's been done to death and I've just missed it somehow!)

Baleful Realmgates.jpg

Edited by The Mysterious Mr B

On 11/26/2020 at 5:23 PM, The Mysterious Mr B said:

Re. Bloodtoofs' Get Da Realmgate command trait

I love the sound of the Bloodtoofs' abilites... except I find the whole realmgate thing a bit odd as it's not something I've ever experienced anyone actually using. Is it worth going Bloodtoofs if not using a realmgate, and if so are you missing out on a command trait that other warclans have as you'd basically be sacrificing having a useable command trait?

If taking a realmgate, how exactly does it work in terms of setting it up/them up (and do you take one or two?)? Do you just rock up to the game with a realmgate/s, declare you're going to use it and plonk it down wherever on the board... and it doesn't cost points??
I know it would depend on context - is it your local club or a tournament, etc, but as a general rule of thumb, how do Bloodtoofs players go about it? Does your opponent ever have an issue with it, or even say they're OK with it but clearly are seething inside and it sours the mood of the match? Or does it essentially work like the free (in terms of points) army-specific terrain pieces other factions get to use? 

As a side question but related, I don't have the 'official' model but do have these (see image), which believe it or not are meant to go in fish tanks but I think look just as good if not better than the GW models, and certainly thematic for a Destruction army! Anyway, the question is - at your average FLGS or games club, how bothered do you think people would be about these not being the 'proper' size, etc?

(I've searched 'Bloodtoofs', 'Baleful' and 'Realmgate' and I haven't come across anyone specifically discussing this topic, but apologies if it's been done to death and I've just missed it somehow!)

Baleful Realmgates.jpg

Bloodtoofs CA is basically a tax but their other abilities are solid. +1 charge means ardboys charging +4 and brutes/pigs charging +2. I think the real value is in the artifact though, with wizards being as powerful as they are now its hard for us to use magic against an army with strong magic. The bloodtoofs artifact gives us the option of not playing that game by leaving the wizard at home and still getting hand of Gork.

Undispellable hand of gork on ardboys with +4 to charge is pretty consistent I'd say.

3 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Bloodtoofs CA is basically a tax but their other abilities are solid. +1 charge means ardboys charging +4 and brutes/pigs charging +2. I think the real value is in the artifact though, with wizards being as powerful as they are now its hard for us to use magic against an army with strong magic. The bloodtoofs artifact gives us the option of not playing that game by leaving the wizard at home and still getting hand of Gork.

Undispellable hand of gork on ardboys with +4 to charge is pretty consistent I'd say.

Ahh, so are you saying most Bloodtoofs players just ignore the whole relegate thing entirely and see it as a way for the designers the balance it out - the rest of what Bloodtoofs get is so good it doesn't matter not having a usable Command Trait? 

Because if so, doesn't that make them pretty unique in all of AoS? I can't think of another faction or subfaction for which it's just accepted by the vast majority of players of that sub/faction that one of their benefits intentionally isn't used as a 'tax' due to how good their other benefits are. 

My original questions still stand, for anyone who does use realmgates. 

In terms of the Realmgate, I think it's been debated before and what was mentioned was something along the lines of matched play terrain placement rules allows you to just pick the Realmgate and plop it down. Now most may not play with those rules when setting up the table.
Though since you've searched and didn't find any results, I am doubting if it was debated here on TGA or I saw it someplace else.

One of the issues with Bloodtoof is also the fact that you will most likely take a battalion, so you will get two artifacts, and if you're picking Bloodtoof and not bringing a Weirdnob, you really don't want to waste an artifact on the Warchanters, so you're sort of pushed to bring a Warboss on foot, to go along with your Mawkrusha.