AoS 2 - Ironjawz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Big Waaagh! at 1000 pts is quite possible, especially with an Ardboys heavy list.

1st turn

General D6

2x warchanters 4

Use CP for 'Ere We Go: 3

2nd turn

General D6

2x warchanters 4

Charge with 2 units that are still at 10 boyz: 2

Combat phase 3 (megaboss and 2 units in combat)

That's 2d6 + 16 points at the start of 2nd turn combat phase, so quite likely you have all bonuses and 50-50 chance of having enough points for a WAAAGH!

Now of course it's a completely different question if this list is any good at 1000 pts. At least it is slow as hell.

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!
Orruk Megaboss (150)
- General
- Trait: Brutish Cunning
- Artefact: Destroyer
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Killa Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 89

After having played some  of the new 1k meeting engagements with the new Orruk book, I can only conclude to bring as many Gruntas as possible, as such 3 in spearhead or rear guard and 6 in the main body, their mobility is key. Having 2 warchanters is also really smart, to ensure at least 1 is on the board turn 2 regardless of scenario, to buff one of said gore grunta units.

Gruntas also make much better use of mighty destroyers and can ensure charges much more easily, their downsides however are low model count for objectives and slightly less offensive output when not charging.

I would not want to play Big Waaagh meeting engagements with no mighty destroyers, only slow ardboyz and random point generation. On another note Smashin and Bashin has been the absolute winner ability for all my games, and is incredibly important to overwhelm other brawling armies.

@Heaven_lord

Yes, to me it looks like you have the core of a standard Ironjawz build.  With what you have, you are able to run a solid list.   Here is a list as an example, (you could switch out the 2 shamans and put in megaboss on foot and a command point)

Spoiler

Allegiance: Ironjawz

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Get 'Em Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)

Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- 1x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
- 1x Gorkamorka Glyph Bearers
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- 1x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
- 1x Gorkamorka Glyph Bearers
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- 1x Gore Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- 1x Gore Choppas
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
- Jagged Gore-hackas

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 137

Long term, you may want to pick up a few things so that you can run different types of lists.   More Ardboys (5-15 or more) for more bodies and a fuller Ardfist list.  More Brutes (5-15) to run a Brutefist list.  More Goregruntas (3-6 or more) to run a gorefist list or just another set or two for speed.   A 3rd Warchanter because they are so amazing now.   And finally, a 2nd Mawkrusha just to be able to run a list with 2 in it.

Edited by Superninja
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

After having played some  of the new 1k meeting engagements with the new Orruk book, I can only conclude to bring as many Gruntas as possible, as such 3 in spearhead or rear guard and 6 in the main body, their mobility is key. Having 2 warchanters is also really smart, to ensure at least 1 is on the board turn 2 regardless of scenario, to buff one of said gore grunta units.

How do you like meeting engagement game overall?

2 hours ago, broche said:

How do you like meeting engagement game overall?

I think Ironjawz in particular has a huge issue there. This is because of the spearhead, main body and rearguard setup and their limitations. 

With only 4 rounds as well, that means the 3 parts of your army in most cases will have 4, 3 and 2 movement phases. This is problematic, especially in small games where access to mighty destroyers is more limited, and even then, you can't guarantee when for example your megaboss with brutal cunning even enters the field if you roll a random battleplan.

This also goes for warchanters, as all the real power in the book rests on these guys, so getting them in too late is a disaster, as their stuff has relatively short range, they are super slow and using MD on them is too CP costly. 

The only 2 of the same warscroll rule, and minimum size unit for anything but main body also hurts, as you are hard pressed to field units above 5 man strength. This is a huge issue playing against armies with minimum size units of 20, you will never get those objectives before killing every single enemy, and you will lack the tools to remove them you'd have in a standard game.

As IJ relies so much on their support hero, CPs and Command abilities, and to maximize those in units not being minimum size, we hurt bad from this. If your megaboss on foot decides to come in at the end of turn 2, he will only have 2 movement phases with his 4" move, most likely doing nothing, as well as any brutes or ardboyz you might have come in, at the end of turn 2. Especially in the battleplan where all units come in from the backline 3" from the edge, that is a horrible place to come in, on 4" move units with only 2 battlerounds to do anything.

I like the idea of meeting engagements, and the way it spices up smaller games, but while not unplayable, I do not find Ironjawz super enjoyable in this format.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

I think Ironjawz in particular has a huge issue there. This is because of the spearhead, main body and rearguard setup and their limitations. 

With only 4 rounds as well, that means the 3 parts of your army in most cases will have 4, 3 and 2 movement phases. This is problematic, especially in small games where access to mighty destroyers is more limited, and even then, you can't guarantee when for example your megaboss with brutal cunning even enters the field if you roll a random battleplan.

This also goes for warchanters, as all the real power in the book rests on these guys, so getting them in too late is a disaster, as their stuff has relatively short range, they are super slow and using MD on them is too CP costly. 

The only 2 of the same warscroll rule, and minimum size unit for anything but main body also hurts, as you are hard pressed to field units above 5 man strength. This is a huge issue playing against armies with minimum size units of 20, you will never get those objectives before killing every single enemy, and you will lack the tools to remove them you'd have in a standard game.

As IJ relies so much on their support hero, CPs and Command abilities, and to maximize those in units not being minimum size, we hurt bad from this. If your megaboss on foot decides to come in at the end of turn 2, he will only have 2 movement phases with his 4" move, most likely doing nothing, as well as any brutes or ardboyz you might have come in, at the end of turn 2. Especially in the battleplan where all units come in from the backline 3" from the edge, that is a horrible place to come in, on 4" move units with only 2 battlerounds to do anything.

I like the idea of meeting engagements, and the way it spices up smaller games, but while not unplayable, I do not find Ironjawz super enjoyable in this format.

We just had a 4 game ME tournament, admittedly I had to change my list at the last minute because I didn't get some models painted and it really didn't work, but yeah it was a tough day. 3 of 4 games were against Nighthaunt and you hit the nail on the head regarding trying to score objectives, I just could not get into combat or do enough damage to score in the time allowed against blobs of chainrasps. It didn't help that my dice were appalling all day, I buffed a brute mob with +1 damage for 3 combats and they only killed 5 reapers 🤬🤬, and I only got hand of gork off twice all day.

@Scurvydog this is quite interesting. I did not had the chance to experiment ME yet, but the way i saw it i expect it to be very random (wich doesn't necesseraly mean not fun :) )

So reading from your experience, do you think using bloodtooth for mid-late quickduff teleport and/or weirnob with hand of gork might be a good strategy?

Also are MK/Gordrack intesting investment?

Edited by broche

8 minutes ago, QuinacridoneGold said:

what do you guys think is the best weapon loadout for Gore-Gruntas?

it's pretty close now. charge bonus from Hacka compensate for extra attack on choppas. Hacka can help reach hiding backline model, but as you say hte 2'' don't really help second row to attack as their base is so big.  

At the end of the day i don't think it's really relevent

31 minutes ago, QuinacridoneGold said:

One more question,

what do you guys think is the best weapon loadout for Gore-Gruntas?

I was thinking about the Choppas, as the extra attack is crunchy and you would still go in melee for the boar attacks. 

As @broche said it's personal preference.

Whether you charged, have +hit, have RR1s to hit, have RR1s to wound, any other bonuses to wound, any additional attacks etc.

It swings on so many different things all of which make one marginally better than the other that the best choice is the one which is most aesthetically pleasing to you.

1 hour ago, broche said:

@Scurvydog this is quite interesting. I did not had the chance to experiment ME yet, but the way i saw it i expect it to be very random (wich doesn't necesseraly mean not fun :) )

So reading from your experience, do you think using bloodtooth for mid-late quickduff teleport and/or weirnob with hand of gork might be a good strategy?

Also are MK/Gordrack intesting investment?

Sure a MK is never a bad purchase, it might even be the best choice, despite eating up a lot of points.

In these smaller games I really prefer no clan and brutish cunning, you need all the MD you can get for movement tricks. As these games a shorter and every single unit counts for a lot, I like the destroyer artifact on a megaboss, to really swing the favor and possibly have him trigger a smashin and bashin as well!

My approach for next time will most likely be something like this:

SPEARHEAD
Orruk Warchanter (110)
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Pair of Brute Choppas

MAIN BODY
Orruk Megaboss (150)
- General
- Command Trait : Brutish Cunning
- Artefact : Destroyer
Orruk Warchanter (110)
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
- Jagged Gore-hackas

REARGUARD
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)
- Pig-iron Choppas

TOTAL: 990/1000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 79

You can never be certain how things will enter the battle, although this should cover well enough regardless of when the forces enter and where. Alternatively a warchanter and brutes could be switched for 10 ardboyz and ironskulls boyz or a command point, but I think 2 warchanters bring so much value and it increases the chance to have one where you need it. Imagine putting it in the spearhead and you play a scenario where the spearhead first enters at the end of turn 2... nonono.

With a MK the only real option is:

SPEARHEAD
Orruk Warchanter (110)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)

MAIN BODY
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- General
- Command Trait : Brutish Cunning
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
- Artefact : Ethereal Amulet
- Mount Trait : Mean 'Un
- Pig-iron Choppas

REARGUARD
- Pig-iron Choppas
TOTAL: 980/1000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 61

I do think the other list is stronger and more versatile though, but a MK is a force to be reckoned with and it can bring down the hammer with a 2x12" movement whereever it pleases.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I got a question about list building specifically. Instead of just asking if a list is good, I'd like to get some feedback and suggestions on how to build a good Ironjawz list. My general thinking is this:

- What models do I have?

- What's gonna be my main hammer, anvil?

- Do I have enough units if there are many objectives?

- What is my overall strategy?

Now regarding the grouping of units, for example taking 6 GGs instead of 3, or 15 ardboys instead of 10, I was wondering what are the general guidelines, do's and don'ts in list building. We're having a 1200pts match next week and here's all the models I have at the moment (1180), that I have grouped in a way that makes sense to me. The 6 GGs are my main hammer, then I have an anvil unit of ardboys (10) and 2 little units for objective guarding. And another group of brutes for extra punch and big monsters. I was also wondering when I should take the Ironfist battalion and when I shouldnt, at this level of points. 

My list:

- Warclan: Ironsunz
Orruk Megaboss (150)
- General
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
- Pig-iron Choppas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
4 x Ironskull's Boyz (80)

Total: 1180 / 1250
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 102

If you could share your knowledge on list building with me, that'd be great as I would love to develop the confidence to build my own. 

Edited by Jabbuk
  • Like 1

After having seen a couple of batreps and listened to some podcasts, Im gonna reconsider Big Waaagh. The armywide +1/1 plus 6+ FNP just seems insane, especially on stuff like Gordrakk, and it gives us access to the Wardokk. For just 80 pts we get a caster and access to Bonesplitterz lore which is honestly amazing. With his dance to get +1 o casts, we basically have a ranged Locus of Diversion on a 6+. You still have 2x Mighty Destroyers with trait and Ironfist.

The only issue is the lack of Smashing and Bashing, and that you gotta aim for turn 2 to have generated enough points for the juicy buffs. 

• Like 1

@Scurvydog I think this could work? The teleport combined with the +2 charge can swap game quickly. The weirnob can puke on brutes and megaboss to make them move faster too.

I just realized you can only play squad of 10 ardboys, wich is pretty weak... ( i wanted to use 15 ardobys instead of 10 brutes first)

Spoiler

- Warclan: Bloodtoofs

Spearhead
Orruk Warchanter (110)
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- 1x Gore Choppas

Main Body
Orruk Megaboss (150)
- General
- Trait: Get Da Realmgate
- Artefact: Quickduff Amulet
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- 2x Gore Choppas

Rearguard
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)
- Pig-iron Choppas

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 79

1 hour ago, Kasper said:

After having seen a couple of batreps and listened to some podcasts, Im gonna reconsider Big Waaagh. The armywide +1/1 plus 6+ FNP just seems insane, especially on stuff like Gordrakk, and it gives us access to the Wardokk. For just 80 pts we get a caster and access to Bonesplitterz lore which is honestly amazing. With his dance to get +1 o casts, we basically have a ranged Locus of Diversion on a 6+. You still have 2x Mighty Destroyers with trait and Ironfist.

The only issue is the lack of Smashing and Bashing, and that you gotta aim for turn 2 to have generated enough points for the juicy buffs. 

I'm 50/50 on running a Big Waaagh list for a tournament tomorrow. I agree - the added power from guaranteed 6++ on turn 1  and +1/+1 and global Waaagh (vs. IJ's 18" bubble) on turn 2 is pretty great. Really, it's a comparison between those versus Smashin n Bashin + the clans, since you get virtually all of the other IJ bonuses on turn 1 in a BW list.

The only thing I'm still iffy on is whether it's a legitimate option to run any general other than Gordrakk. Brutish cunning is likely the only trait that can even compare to Gordrakk's guaranteed 6 Wpoints, so I think it's a question of whether you value one MD (in addition to the Ironfist's one, which I think is essential) over the consistency of Gordrakk. It come down to personal preference.

I'm limited to the models that I have now and their weapon loadouts, so the list would be purely IJ units. Basically, it'd be:

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!
Mortal Realm: Ulgu
Gordrakk the Fist of Gork (540)
- General
- Mount Trait: Weird 'Un
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Artefact: Talisman of the Watcher
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Artefact: Betrayer's Crown
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Pig-iron Choppas
- Jagged Gore-hackas
20 x Orruk Ardboys (360)
- 3x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
- 1x Gorkamorka Glyph Bearers
Ironfist (160)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 127

The Ulgu artefacts will (ideally) let me save a CP on giving Gordrakk mystic shield + give the other warchanter the ability to do damage to a horde.

Regardless if whether I run IJ or BW, I'll try to take some mental notes and report back here with my experiences. I'm not a competitive player at all, so it'll just be initial impressions.

• Like 1

Thoughts so far:

I’ve played three 2k games with the new book now with rough variations of this list, with and without iron suns against idoneth twice and FEC once. So far the list has been far better than expected. Ironsunz is simply amazing and I think warchanters are borderline broken at 110 points, the extra damage on big units is insane. So far a game hasn’t made it past turn 2-3 due to the sheer damage output, but I’m keen to play it a bit more. 

A54F386E-442D-47FE-B9C7-14FC81AED1DF.jpeg

C3A4BBFE-F704-43CE-8E13-B21469AA23FE.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

46 minutes ago, TALegion said:

Jagged Gore-hackas
20 x Orruk Ardboys (360)
- 3x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
Ironfist (160)
Extra Command Point (50)

That's a cool list. May I ask what you will use the Ironskull's for in your game? I have them in my list too and am wondering how to use them wisely. Also, what makes you take Ironfist vs just having more bodies?

• Like 1

@Brodylan Any reason for not making the Weirdnob the general? If he's the general, he can take the Dead Kunnin' command trait which gives you d3 CP at the start of the game (vs. Right Fist of Dakkabad, which is only 1 CP). You can do this because the Ironsunz trait specifies "An Ironsunz Megaboss general must...", meaning it's only mandatory if your general is a megaboss. This was confirmed in the FAQ, too.

3 hours ago, Jabbuk said:

That's a cool list. May I ask what you will use the Ironskull's for in your game? I have them in my list too and am wondering how to use them wisely. Also, what makes you take Ironfist vs just having more bodies?

In this case, Ironskull's were intended to sit on back-line objectives and/or block deepstrikes. They're not strong enough to warrant using them to go after your opponent, but they can do something vs. weak enemy units that might try to sneak around you and take objectives.

As for Ironfist, it's incredibly useful. You can't use Mighty Destroyers normally in a Big Waaagh list (because it's an IJ-specific ability) without Ironfist and/or Brutish Cunning, and Gordrakk can't take Brutish Cunning. Might Destroyers lets you give Godrakk a 24" threat range (flying, too) and GGs get an 18" threat range before charging, which is huge. In a lot of circumstances, your opponent is basically not safe anywhere. And, if the unit is in combat, they get to fight for free, which either: A. softens up the enemy unit for the later combat phase, or b. kill the enemy unit outright, letting your unit move and charge another unit in that turn.

Also, because it's a battalion, you get an extra command point, and extra artefact, and it lets you lessen your number of unit drops during deployment. All of this is great, and (imo) more valuable than 160pts of bodies, which is probably just another three GGs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, TALegion said:

@Brodylan Any reason for not making the Weirdnob the general? If he's the general, he can take the Dead Kunnin' command trait which gives you d3 CP at the start of the game (vs. Right Fist of Dakkabad, which is only 1 CP). You can do this because the Ironsunz trait specifies "An Ironsunz Megaboss general must...", meaning it's only mandatory if your general is a megaboss. This was confirmed in the FAQ, too.

In this case, Ironskull's were intended to sit on back-line objectives and/or block deepstrikes. They're not strong enough to warrant using them to go after your opponent, but they can do something vs. weak enemy units that might try to sneak around you and take objectives.

As for Ironfist, it's incredibly useful. You can't use Mighty Destroyers normally in a Big Waaagh list (because it's an IJ-specific ability) without Ironfist and/or Brutish Cunning, and Gordrakk can't take Brutish Cunning. Might Destroyers lets you give Godrakk a 24" threat range (flying, too) and GGs get an 18" threat range before charging, which is huge. In a lot of circumstances, your opponent is basically not safe anywhere. And, if the unit is in combat, they get to fight for free, which either: A. softens up the enemy unit for the later combat phase, or b. kill the enemy unit outright, letting your unit move and charge another unit in that turn.

Also, because it's a battalion, you get an extra command point, and extra artefact, and it lets you lessen your number of unit drops during deployment. All of this is great, and (imo) more valuable than 160pts of bodies, which is probably just another three GGs.

It still allows me the ability to waagh this way and the extra range on the big base for mighty destroyers is my thinking. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Brodylan said:

It still allows me the ability to waagh this way and the extra range on the big base for mighty destroyers is my thinking. 

Oh, wow - that's true. I'm just realizing that only a megaboss general can Waaagh. That's a pretty big deal

Edited by TALegion

7 hours ago, broche said:

@Scurvydog I think this could work? The teleport combined with the +2 charge can swap game quickly. The weirnob can puke on brutes and megaboss to make them move faster too.

I just realized you can only play squad of 10 ardboys, wich is pretty weak... ( i wanted to use 15 ardobys instead of 10 brutes first)

All the limitations with only 2 of each warsroll and also only minimum unit strength in rearguard and spearhead gives a lot of limitations.

The reason I do not want to use any teleports, other than finding brutal cunning nearly mandatory especially in small games without ironfist, the meeting engagements has a rule that really makes teleporting a pain.

This rule is "Deadly territory" which states that you must treat enemy arrival edges like enemy units, so any reserves/teleports etc must be set up more than 9" from them. Now look at all the meeting engagement battleplans and you will quickly see, that a lot of them has about half the edges of the board as arrival edges for your opponent, as in many plans you arrive with different parts of the army from different edges. Also remember the smaller board and then of course the actual enemy models on the board, and it suddenly becomes nearly impossible to teleport anything anywhere useful, especially against an opponent who is any good.

As a result using bloodtoofs you will sit there with a near useless command trait and artefact instead. It might work sometimes, especially if you roll plan 1 where arrival is only from 1 board edge for each army, but otherwise expect to be extremely limited in its use.

How has everyone’s prayer game been going? Finding I’m missing a lot of the 4+ to get the prayers off, especially in clutch moments. Last few games I’ve managed 1 maybe 2 4+ rolls and while I know that’s just the luck of the dice I can’t help but be a little peeved at the comparison to other armies. Cities prayers going off on a 2+ and getting to choose prayer to what they need. Fireslayers are off on a 2+ as well. Wondering if I’m just a little bitter but taking get em beat and then not getting to use it all game, and not being able to switch it up per the moment  looks amazing on paper but is devastating when you fail to get your buffed unit in because you failed a prayer is ooof 

18 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

This rule is "Deadly territory" which states that you must treat enemy arrival edges like enemy units, so any reserves/teleports etc must be set up more than 9" from them.

Oh i see. I was not aware of this rule, i need to reread the section. With that it make total sense to forgo teleport then as it's too easy to deny.

edit: @Scurvydog deadly territory just mention reserve unit. You think it apply to hand of gork? I'm not so sure

Edited by broche

Just tried out IJ in a local tournament - various levels of competitive players and more casual players, but the overall winner was another  IJ with a list like this:

Mortal Realm: Ghur
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- General
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
- Trait: Brutish Cunning
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
- Mount Trait: Loud 'Un
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Get 'Em Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Allies
20 x Orruk Ardboys (360)
- Jagged Gore-hackas
- Jagged Gore-hackas
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
Ironfist (160)

Allies: 90 / 400
Wounds: 137

I didn't see the exact weapon/spell loadouts, so some things are missing, but I'm 99% sure that the units are correct. I know he ran brutish cunning and gryph-feather, too.

I ran this and came in 9th out of 10 (winning 1/3 games): 

- Warclan: Ironsunz
Mortal Realm: Hysh
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- General
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
- Trait: Bursting with Power
- Artefact: Sunzblessed Armour
- Mount Trait: Loud 'Un
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Pig-iron Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- 2x Gore Choppas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- 1x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
Ironfist (160)

Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 143

Overall, I feel that the list performed well. My placing was largely due to my own mistakes. I'm fairly new to the game, it was my first tournament (a little nervous, haha) and it was my first time playing against the three of the armies that I faced (Skaven with 120 plague monks, seraphon, and a 4-bloodthirster Khorne list). With more practice and fewer careless mistakes, I believe that I could have taken at least one more game. I'm looking forward to playing more.

Initial thoughts:

- I could definitely remove the 5-man ardboy unit and replace it with something more useful. The first thing that comes to mind is Fungoid cave-shaman (like the winner's list). If it just uses mystic shield each turn, it lets the weirdnob use hand of gork more. Also, the army is pretty CP thirsty overall, so any additional CP would be appreciated.

- Ironsunz was a terrific clan - much stronger than I expected. The -1 to hit on the first turn let me be very aggressive, making turn 1 charges with the boss and GGs each game. Also, the counter-charge completely changes the way that people need to play around you - you have a lot of opportunities to engage them when they retreat, try to sneak past your units, engage your units one at a time, etc. I'll try the other clans, but I was very surprised by how much I relied on the Ironsunz' benefits.

- Loud 'Un performed better than expected. I was on the fence about it vs. Weird 'Un, but, when combined with Ironsunz' -1 to hit, Loud 'Un certainly made me tankier than Weird 'Un would have. Spells were never very threatening to me, but that may just be because of the armies that I faced.

- Mortal wounds, on the other hand, were pretty devastating for the megaboss. In each game, mortal wounds accounted for between 40-100% of all wounds taken. This makes me want to experiment with Ignax scales.

- I feel that this is likely a problem with my play, but I didn't utilize Waaagh at all. In each game, I told myself "Not this turn; I might get a better opportunity later." It's most likely  that this was a play mistake on my end - I shouldn't hesitate to use Waaagh on 2-3 units if it will make a difference. But, it does make me wonder how valuable it is and whether it may be worth making the weirdnob the general in order to get the Dead Kunnin' command trait (+d3 CP vs. Right Fist of Dakkabad's +1 CP).

• Like 2