AoS 2 - Ironjawz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

8 hours ago, Andrew G said:

Welcome back into the fold!  You're never going to get a complete consensus on what's the "best list", but I can tell you for sure that it isn't anything close to the one you posted. Best showing I've seen recently from IJ was at SoCal Open with a double Mawkrusher Gorefist. Personally, I switch between a Gorefist an a 'ardfist when I'm playing competitively.

That said, most people don't have the models to run a good Gorefist/'ardfist, so there's still  plenty of people experimenting with Bloodtoofs/Ironfists. A couple of things I'd consider changing if you're looking to make a better Bloodtoofs list.

-112 wounds is way too low for an IJ list. Especially one that can't reliably alphastrike. You're overspending on characters.

- No Mortal Wound save on the Mawkrusher. 

- Footboss can't keep up the rest of the army. You pretty much have to take thermalrider if you're using  a footboss as a back-up Waaagh! source. 

- 2 Warchanters, but every troop is min sized. Only 1 of the Warchanters is going to net any real value by buffing the Mawkrusher. Consider dropping one, or if you're going to keep 2, bring at least one 2x strength unit to be a buff sponge for the second chanter. 

- Reconsider Cogs,  it doesn't make you fast enough to T1 charge, and the army is already fast enough to reliably charge T2 without it.  The only thing it's really doing in this list is making it easier for enemy deepstrikers to charge the turn they land.  That, and it's pretty risky tying in a 60 point spell to a single 4 wound wizard. 

So we are looking at:

- Adding a mortal wound save artifact to the Mawkrusha Boss

- Removing Megaboss on Foot and/or adding a Thermalrider Cloak? 

- Removing a Warchanter and/or buffing up a unit to benefit more generously from the buffs

- Removing the Fungoid Cave Shaman and Cogs.

All of that makes sense to me. I have no objections. The question becomes then what do I do? Add ArdBoyz? Do I even want a Wizard literally at all? Is a Weirdknob worth bringing total or should I just leave him at home? 

I have some thoughts/justifications for some of the above. 

1) Megaboss’s re-rolls to Brutes I find personally invaluable, considering sometimes I just need to clear chaff so they don’t get Duff Up Da Big Ones buff to re-roll failed hits. Plus Waaagh!  Plus a cool model heh. 

2) A Wizard seems like a good idea just to at least be able to deny a clutch spell (Vanhel’s Danse Macabre or whatever) hopefully and to dispel endless spells and for maps that wizards count as scoring on. 

3) I’ve heard the 10 strong units of Brutes aren’t very good with the two-handed weapons these days and it’s all about MSU but nonetheless I have 2 squads made up in this way as well. 

My new list would be something similar to something like this I suppose?

Allegiance: Ironjawz
Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (440)
- Choppa and Rip-tooth fist
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales 
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak 
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
- 8x Pair of Choppas or Smashas
- 3x Big Choppas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
- 8x Pair of Choppas or Smashas
- 3x Big Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- 1x Gore Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- 1x Gore Choppas
6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (280)
- Pig-iron Choppas

Battalions
Bloodtoofs (120)
Ironfist (180)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 133

Edited by Ravinsild

@Ravinsild So I know I'm a bit odd, for a Ironjawz, in that I don't run many Brutes at all. I ended up on this as my "ideal" list for Bloodtoofs.

Spoiler

Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Ironclad
- Artefact: Daubing of Mork 
Orruk Warchanter (80)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
Orruk Warchanter (80)
- Artefact: The Boss Skewer 
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)
- Allies
Moonclan Grot Shaman (80)
- Allies

Battleline
20 x Orruk Ardboys (320)
- 13x Choppa or Smasha & Shields
- 7x Big Choppas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
- 9x Choppa or Smasha & Shields
- 1x Big Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)

Battalions
Ironfist (180)
Bloodtoofs (120)

Allies: 160 / 400
Wounds: 139

• The two wizards are there for realm spells and/or mystic shield.
  • Some battleplans specify a "wizard or hero with an artefact of power" and this list gives me 5!
  • I found the 1 drop to be utterly irrelevant. Difference between 1 and 3 is meaningless.
  • Aetherquartz is mandatory if you are going for a Megabattalion IMO, it's what makes the list work.
  • The Ardboys are there to act as an anvil and grind the opponent down while you setup the Megawaaagh!
  • Boss Skewer is because of the prevalence of death, they have a ton of stuff which targets your bravery and/or debuffs it.
  • Cabbage is tooled up to live until the Megawaaagh! turn.

I think the list works and is probably a 3/5 or 4/5 if you are very good, that said it's tricky to get the most out of and punishes you for mistakes hard. It's also horrible to play with/against, you spend the whole game setting up for one super turn then the game is won or lost on it and the Broach rolls. If you get no extra CP's your turn will be strong but not amazing and you will then slowly lose against all the summoning armies in the meta. If you get super lucky on the CP's you get 10+ extra attacks and your opponent gets to stand there watching while you roll hundreds of dice and delete his army.

Personally I think this is the best Bloodtoofs list for me. That said it's not the strongest Ironjawz list and it's horrible to play. 

If you want the best Ironjawz list it's probably a Gorefist or an Ardfist.

So I had my first three games with the Jawz last saturday. It was a small 8 man club casual tournament 1500 points.

The list I had was

Cabbage boss (general, Ironclad and gildenbane)

Footboss

Wierdnob

Chanter

2x3 Gruntas

10 brutes with hackas

Ironskullz boys

1 st. game vs. Mixed skaven
Mission: Duality of death

Mixed skaven list, with a deciever, 2 big clan rat units, stormfiends, grey seer, arch warlock and some other stuff.

Recap: He took first turn, didn't really do anything. I moved cabbage boss up on one of the objectives, flanked by ironskull and his boys as well as a grunta unit (they stayed here al through the battle)

the rest of my army and most of his turned for the second objective and ended up in a huge battle, where I ended of slaying his hero on the objective, while claiming the other for 5 turns in a row. 

Result: Major victory

2 nd. Game Sylvaneth

Misson: Focal points

He brought, Durthu, drytcha, some hunters, big block of dryads and some other things.

It was a really close battle. The high light was when he turn two soummened a forrest close to my left flank, teleported durthu and drychta on it and durthu got the charged of on a grunta unit clubbing them to death (did 36 damage). Then my turn I got rampaging destroyer of on my cabbage boss, moved him a total of 24 ", got the charge of on durthu and absolutely blasted him of the table. 

Meanwhile his dryads, a unit of hunter (and drychta later) grinded with my brutes, ironskulls boys and support characters in the middle

The game came down with him needing to make two 3+ battleshock test, to hold on to his objectives. He made them both.

Result: Minor loss

3 rd game Ogors

A mixed destruction list with gut busters as the bulk of the army and a frostlord on thundertusk as general

Not much to write about here, two armies that wanted to get up close and personel and boy did they do just that! By the end of turn three I had killed every model in his army...

Result major victory

Thougths and conclusion:

Cabbage boss - Absolutely amazing, without a doubt the MVP of the list. The amount of punishment he could dish out was insane. In game 2 he ended up killing durthu, 6 hunters and 15+ dryads, taking 4 wounds in return. Really like the combo of ironclad and gildenbane (****** you and your dobbeltganger cloak HA!)

Footboss - he was a good buffer for the brutes giving them reroll 1's and saving one or two critical bravery checks, but other than he didn't do that much

Wierdnob - totally useless.. Got like one or two spells of with him and unbinded one on the entire day.

Chanter - great, that +1 to hit on brutes, that's close to a boss is just awesome and for 80 points he's a steel.

10 brutes insane damage output again, in the skaven game they managed to kill three stormfiends (thay had +1 form chanter, reroll 1's from boss and maybe +1 attack from the waaagh, can't remember)

gore gruntas - really like theese guys, they are fast hit descently and can actually tarpit quite well or just speed bum stuff for a turn. I think I need more!

Ironskulls boys - gonna change these guys for a second chanter.

Overall I like the list and the army, but I would like some more speed, command point, an item on the footboss and some more screening, maybe also mortal wounds.

So I think my list for 2000 point will be something like this:

Footboss (boss skewer/golden toof/ something from chamon realm?)

Wierdnob

Chanter

Chanter

2x3 Gruntas

6 gruntas

10 brutes with hackas

quicksilwer swords

Gorefist batallion 

This wil deffinetly give me speed, since i can now have 12 gruntas deep inside enemy terretory turn one, and tho they may not be super killy, they're still something that need to be dealt with. especially if they come chrushing down one flank..

I get an extra command point and item (not sure what I should go for)

The swords are mostly for fun and to see if I can get a few lucky mortal wounds in, might just leave it and hope for a tirumph.

Anyways, that was my first experience and thoughts with this awesome army!

Cheers!

3 minutes ago, Thenord said:

The swords are mostly for fun and to see if I can get a few lucky mortal wounds in, might just leave it and hope for a tirumph.

With one wizard drop them and swing for the triumph instead. Any turn you have the time to be casting them you should probably just be trying Foot of Gork instead.

35 minutes ago, Malakree said:

@Ravinsild So I know I'm a bit odd, for a Ironjawz, in that I don't run many Brutes at all. I ended up on this as my "ideal" list for Bloodtoofs.

Hide contents

Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
- General
- Artefact: Daubing of Mork 
Orruk Warchanter (80)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)
- Allies
- Allies

Battleline
20 x Orruk Ardboys (320)
- 13x Choppa or Smasha & Shields
- 7x Big Choppas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
- 1x Big Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)

Battalions
Ironfist (180)
Bloodtoofs (120)

Allies: 160 / 400
Wounds: 139

• The two wizards are there for realm spells and/or mystic shield.
  • Some battleplans specify a "wizard or hero with an artefact of power" and this list gives me 5!
  • I found the 1 drop to be utterly irrelevant. Difference between 1 and 3 is meaningless.
  • Aetherquartz is mandatory if you are going for a Megabattalion IMO, it's what makes the list work.
  • The Ardboys are there to act as an anvil and grind the opponent down while you setup the Megawaaagh!
  • Boss Skewer is because of the prevalence of death, they have a ton of stuff which targets your bravery and/or debuffs it.
  • Cabbage is tooled up to live until the Megawaaagh! turn.

I think the list works and is probably a 3/5 or 4/5 if you are very good, that said it's tricky to get the most out of and punishes you for mistakes hard. It's also horrible to play with/against, you spend the whole game setting up for one super turn then the game is won or lost on it and the Broach rolls. If you get no extra CP's your turn will be strong but not amazing and you will then slowly lose against all the summoning armies in the meta. If you get super lucky on the CP's you get 10+ extra attacks and your opponent gets to stand there watching while you roll hundreds of dice and delete his army.

Personally I think this is the best Bloodtoofs list for me. That said it's not the strongest Ironjawz list and it's horrible to play. 

If you want the best Ironjawz list it's probably a Gorefist or an Ardfist.

Well I’ve got 60 ArdBoyz and I like them so maybe Ardfist is the way to go? It’s interesting to see how Ironfist has fallen from grace. It had a ton of focus on it back when AoS 2.0 was new haha. 

Ardfist was panned as garbage because of the only once thing and ArdBoyz were “worthless” because suddenly they couldn’t save versus mortal wounds. 

My how times have changed. Man I wasted over a thousand dollars on Death and had absolutely no fun but I always have a blast when playing my Ironjawz even if they are objectively worse as far as power level or whatever goes. 

Also not too many people play the meta in my area. There’s a bunch of Khorne, Slaneesh, Tzeentch, SCE a few Idoneth and Sylvaneth and some other random stuff with quite a few fellow Destruction players and a super good Nurgle player or two. 

16 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

Well I’ve got 60 ArdBoyz and I like them so maybe Ardfist is the way to go? It’s interesting to see how Ironfist has fallen from grace. It had a ton of focus on it back when AoS 2.0 was new haha. 

Ardfist was panned as garbage because of the only once thing and ArdBoyz were “worthless” because suddenly they couldn’t save versus mortal wounds. 

My how times have changed. Man I wasted over a thousand dollars on Death and had absolutely no fun but I always have a blast when playing my Ironjawz even if they are objectively worse as far as power level or whatever goes. 

Also not too many people play the meta in my area. There’s a bunch of Khorne, Slaneesh, Tzeentch, SCE a few Idoneth and Sylvaneth and some other random stuff with quite a few fellow Destruction players and a super good Nurgle player or two. 

The big thing is that we can't win fights anymore. Against things like death our units don't do the damage to stop them just grinding us down. Combine that with our units being generally overcosted and the traditional lists suffer.

The Ardfist on the other hand just puts a ton of wounds on the board then fights for objectives. You can also do some janky stuff with the summons if you position your warchanter correctly.

Take something like this and watch as your opponent tries to grind his way through it.

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
30 x Orruk Ardboys (450)
- 29x Choppa or Smasha & Shields
- 1x Big Choppas
20 x Orruk Ardboys (320)
- 19x Choppa or Smasha & Shields
- 1x Big Choppas
20 x Orruk Ardboys (320)
- 1x Big Choppas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
- 1x Big Choppas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
- 1x Big Choppas

Battalions
Ardfist (170)

Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 203

Basically an ironjawz variation on the mixed destruction list.

5 hours ago, Thenord said:

Footboss (boss skewer/golden toof/ something from chamon realm?)

Wierdnob

Chanter

Chanter

2x3 Gruntas

6 gruntas

10 brutes with hackas

quicksilwer swords

Gorefist batallion 

This is a decent list. It's a good compromise to pure Gruntas list, and Brutes can fill a special role. I like it.

what does gildenbane again?

Just now, broche said:

This is a decent list. It's a good compromise to pure Gruntas list, and Brutes can fill a special role. I like it.

what does gildenbane again?

Gildenbane deactivates all enemy artefacts while they are within 3" of the hero. It's great against things like Doppelganger Cloak and Ethereal Amulet.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Malakree said:

The big thing is that we can't win fights anymore. Against things like death our units don't do the damage to stop them just grinding us down. Combine that with our units being generally overcosted and the traditional lists suffer.

The Ardfist on the other hand just puts a ton of wounds on the board then fights for objectives. You can also do some janky stuff with the summons if you position your warchanter correctly.

Take something like this and watch as your opponent tries to grind his way through it.

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
30 x Orruk Ardboys (450)
- 29x Choppa or Smasha & Shields
- 1x Big Choppas
20 x Orruk Ardboys (320)
- 1x Big Choppas
20 x Orruk Ardboys (320)
- 1x Big Choppas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
- 1x Big Choppas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
- 1x Big Choppas

Battalions
Ardfist (170)

Wounds: 203

Basically an ironjawz variation on the mixed destruction list.

Honestly I play Ironjawz and hated Death to avoid the whole horde army thing so that list would be my nightmare. 

@Luzgurbel Megaboss on Maw-Krusha

Edited by Ravinsild

10 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

Do I even want a Wizard literally at all?

It's an interesting question and kind of a dillema to me right now. But my conclusion for  is that you need to splash at least one wizard for the reason you mention, but also:

1. There's two battleplan among the new 6 that wizard (or hero with artefact) control (or count as 20 models).  If you play bloodtooth, it's not so bad cause you have 3 artefact, but any otherlist having no wizard can hurt in those.

2. Realm spell: Some realm have powerfull spell for us, like Ashquy +1 damage or Uglu teleport. I think investing in just one wizard to use  (or have odd at dispel) those bring great return on your investment.

So now what wizard to take. There's a couple options:

Troggoth Hag: Big monster, have a good spell, and hard to deal for some army. Can actually make the Cog worthy mid game. And her personnal spell is very good. No bonus to cast and expensive.

Fungoid: Bargain for 80 pts especsially for his double cast. With realm spell you could open with a T1 mystic shield and a -1 to hit on a Maw Krusha. Very good return, and quite resistant considering his cost. Only disavantage is that he isn't an Ironjawz.

Weirnob: Not cheap nor expensive, is biggest asset is its +2 to cast and unbind. So agains other army than Tzeench and Nagash he is a king, and he still have a 50-50 to pass a spell agains Nagash. He is an Ironjawz so add odd to Migthy destroyer and 1 units for waaagh. You need at leas 20 ardboys to make his ability consistant tough. 

Wurgog: 140 pts but get 2 cast. I think a prefer Fungoid or Weirnob.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, broche said:

It's an interesting question and kind of a dillema to me right now. But my conclusion for  is that you need to splash at least one wizard for the reason you mention, but also:

1. There's two battleplan among the new 6 that wizard (or hero with artefact) control (or count as 20 models).  If you play bloodtooth, it's not so bad cause you have 3 artefact, but any otherlist having no wizard can hurt in those.

2. Realm spell: Some realm have powerfull spell for us, like Ashquy +1 damage or Uglu teleport. I think investing in just one wizard to use  (or have odd at dispel) those bring great return on your investment.

So now what wizard to take. There's a couple options:

Troggoth Hag: Big monster, have a good spell, and hard to deal for some army. Can actually make the Cog worthy mid game. And her personnal spell is very good. No bonus to cast and expensive.

Fungoid: Bargain for 80 pts especsially for his double cast. With realm spell you could open with a T1 mystic shield and a -1 to hit on a Maw Krusha. Very good return, and quite resistant considering his cost. Only disavantage is that he isn't an Ironjawz.

Weirnob: Not cheap nor expensive, is biggest asset is its +2 to cast and unbind. So agains other army than Tzeench and Nagash he is a king, and he still have a 50-50 to pass a spell agains Nagash. He is an Ironjawz so add odd to Migthy destroyer and 1 units for waaagh. You need at leas 20 ardboys to make his ability consistant tough. 

Wurgog: 140 pts but get 2 cast. I think a prefer Fungoid or Weirnob.

Well as of now I personally own 4 Weirdknob Shaman but that’s about it. 

So that more or less settles it for me. Sounds like I need to transition into a Ardfist Battalion. I only own 9 Gore Gruntas or 3 sets of 3 and I don’t think it’s enough for a Gorefist. Also I don’t own Gordrakk yet only 1 generic Megaboss on Maw-Krusha so it would seem finding a decent Ardfist list is the way to go for me for now. 

Sad to see the fall of Ironfist and Bloodtoofs. I really enjoy hyper aggressive turn 1 Charge playstyle. I’m planning on expanding my Ironjawz collection more though so it may be viable to run Gorefist in the future. 

With what I’ve got I have 

1) MBMK

1) Footboss 

4) Warchanter 

4) Weirdknob Shaman 

15) Brute dual wielding 

20) Brutes with 2 handed axes 

60) ArdBoyz with a solid mix of Big Choppas and dual wielding but no shields 

9) Gore-Gruntas with Pig Iron Choppas 

@Ravinsild If you wanted something more janky, and less grindy, then you could potentially drop the battalion altogether or only go Ironfist.

Mortal Realm: Chamon

Leaders
- General
- Artefact: Gildenbane
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Jagged Gore-hackas
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- Pig-iron Choppas
- Pig-iron Choppas
- Pig-iron Choppas

Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 144

The 9 GG's are going to be one of the most important parts here as they can be used to pin your opponent and/or screen for drops. Realistically this is the way we go now, you either need some funky stuff or at least 140 wounds on the board.

• Like 1

I like this list @Malakree simple yet effective. But I must be missing something, it give me 1860 pts and 137 wound?

Gildenbane is an interesting artefact for sure, did not catch my eyes but with cloack, ignax scale, broach, the undead anoying -1 to wound floating around it can worth it.

Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)

Total: 1860 / 2000
Wounds: 137

• Like 1

Yep that’s a list I can run. Or the same thing but Ardfist I reckon. Doesn’t really matter to me. I just like hitting things super hard in melee. Ironjawz used to be good at that a few months back. 

Death is not good at that and believe me I tried really hard. At best I could do some decent alphastrikes with Black Knights but Ironjawz suits my raw aggressive playstyle much better. I could never figure out the attrition game.

• Like 1

Hey guys, very new ironjawz player here (in fact I'm playing my first games this coming Wednesday). Going to play down a local club with a good bunch of guys. As I really want to start going to tournaments I have told them to bring solid lists (even though I'm new, I want to learn) With this in mind. I'm going to be playing against some pretty tough competitors, mainly playing death, chaos, deepkin etc. Mainly meta armies. 

So far this is the list I've come up with. 

Leaders
- General
- Boss Gore-hacka and Scrap-tooth
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Battleline
6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (280)
- Pig-iron Choppas
- Pig-iron Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- x Gore Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- x Gore Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- x Gore Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- x Gore Choppas
Battalions
Ironfist (180)
Total: 1920 / 2000
Wounds: 131

The models I own are:

9 GGs. 20 Brutes. 30 Ard boys. 2 warchanters. 2 footboss. 1 cabbage. 1 Weirdnob. 1 orruk boss with banner. 

What do you guys think? 

How could I improve my list using the models I have?

What should I look at for my next purchases? 

Edited by EchoHavoc
Spelling

@EchoHavoc

1st thing I would pick up would be a Fungoid Cave Shaman.  Gitmob Rock Lobbers would be next. 

Otherwise, More Ardboys and Goregruntas, so you can run proper Ardfist and Gorefist Lists. 

You get 2 artefacts: 1 normally and 1 extra per battalion.  (Daubing of Mork, The Golden Toof are great options.) If you have access to the Malign Sorcery book there are a ton of options.  The Consensus best options from that book are from Hysh(Aetherquartz Brooh/Mirrored Cuirass) and from Aqshy(Ignax Scales/Thermalrider Cloak)

As far as your current list, there are a couple things I would do. It looks decent.  The 80 points left over give you another command point and a really good shot at a triumph.  This isn't bad.  But 80 points could be another warchanter or a wizard of some kind.(I see you don't have that though)

Right now you have 6 units battleline units and an Ironfist.  If you kept the list the same, I would at least put one set of brutes together as 10, or combine the goregruntas into a set of 9.  This way all of your battleline units are in the ironfist.   Of those two options, I think I would put the brutes together.  (Use 2inch weapons for them so that you don't lose any attacks, opponents should be fine for proxy if necessary)

The other thing I would do would be add some ardboys in.  They give us more models, smaller bases, and more survivability than the brutes.  The brutes and technically the gruntas can both equip the 2inch weapons and attack over the ardboys.  (the cabbage has an option for 2inch weapon as well)(gruntas are usually considered better with the pig iron choppas/But with the 2inch range weapons you can also attack things behind their lines you can't normally reach)

At the moment you don't have a wizard.  The 80 points would be perfect for a fungoid cave shaman or a moonclan grot shaman.  This would give you a chance to stop your opponents casting and give you a chance to cast some of the realm spells or at least a mystic shield.  However,  not taking a wizard is an option, since we are usually behind the curve in that aspect. 

Here is a list using what you have.  Includes a wizard and a 2nd source of Waaagh!

Spoiler

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (440)
- General
- Boss Gore-hacka and Scrap-tooth
- Trait: Ironclad
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales
Orruk Warchanter (80)
- Artefact: The Boss Skewer
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
Orruk Warboss (140)
- Great Waaagh Banner
- Allies

Battleline
20 x Orruk Ardboys (320)
- 10x Choppa or Smasha & Shields
- 10x Big Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Jagged Gore-hackas
- 1x Gore Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Jagged Gore-hackas
- 1x Gore Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
- Pig-iron Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
- Pig-iron Choppas

Battalions
Ironfist (180)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 140 / 400
Wounds: 138

Edited by Superninja
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So just played IJ at chrimbobo, got 3/5 which I'm happy with. Every game I won I tabled my opponent.

The list is WAY more fun that the stupid aetherquartz shenanigans and has the ability to go nuts and rekt people. I would definitely recommend giving it a try.

Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
- General
- Artefact: Miasmatic Blade 
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak 

Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
- Pig-iron Choppas
- Pig-iron Choppas

Battalions
Weirdfist (180)

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Wounds: 124

Game 1 they stuck me on the tv vs 1 drop sylvaneth. I was mentally checked out for most of it, forgetting basic stuff and really not in a fit state. Was vs 1drop sylvaneth and he won every crucial roll which was just the nail in the coffin.

Game 2 was against grand host of nagash. Went first, deleted Arkhan with foot. Got priority turn 2 and killed every one of his heroes and half his big skele unit with foot.

Game 3 faced chaos dorfs, sniped his two smiths dropping the range of all his arti by 6" preceded to green puke over his army continually for a ton of mortals till he conceded end of turn 3 with basically nothing left.

Game 4 was mixed order, completely buggered my deployment which meant no spells for turn 1/2 and didnt even try to win on objectives.

Game 5 was vs stormcast. Cored his army turn 1, by his turn 2 he had basically nothing left.

Didn't bother taking secondaries for the 3 games I won, and tabled, so should have had 4/5 which would have put me 18th, as it was I finished 25th.

So much more fun than bloodtoofs and the weirdnob with average 36/42" threat range on the foot just lets you delete key problems before they can do anything.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Hey @Malakree thanks for the report! I am just checking out the Honest Wargamer coverage of Crimbobo now while doing some painting and have just seen your game, shame it was the first, would have loved to see your army going crazy and crushing, but the destructive bulk run at the end of the game was pretty cool anyway :D

Sounds like you really enjoyed the weirdfist, which is cool, what about the double mawkrusha, how did that do, and would you stick with it?

6 hours ago, Banglesprout said:

Sounds like you really enjoyed the weirdfist, which is cool, what about the double mawkrusha, how did that do, and would you stick with it?

Yes purely for fun if nothing else. After playing with the bloodtoofs at b&g I decided that I wanted lists I could enjoy, part of that is from now on I'm putting 2 monsters in every army.

Other than that the list essentially runs as 3 blocks, which you no doubt saw if you watched the stream. In that regard the cabbages are essentially my cavalry units. Having 2 means that that even though one invariably is killed the other is left doing naughty things.

Also being 3 drops is really nice, except for the 1 drop sylvaneth I got to take first turn every game. With proper deployment it gives me a good chance of removing something key turn 1.

In game 5 I faced 4 of the stormcast heroes with bows. 3 of them died in my turn 1 before they could fire their started arrows. Suddenly the cabbages were both in his face and impossible to deal with while the weirdnob only took 1 wound the entire game.

7 hours ago, broche said:

That is my favorite :)

Turn 2 I did ~50 mortals. Turn 1 I did 18 to Arkhan, was super nice.

• Like 1

Hi there, 

We have quite a discussion about when to use the Warboss' command ability:

He says: As it is not specified, and as Gordrakk's rule says (in your hero phase, I dunno why he picked Gordrakk's ruling :/), I can use my command ability at the start of the combat phase for the use of Waaagh ability. 

I say; As it is a command ability and as it is not specified otherwise, you have to use it at the hero phase and you make the unit counts at the start of the combat phase (as it is written).

Who's right? 

Edited by Alezya
  • Like 1