AoS 2 - Ironjawz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

8 hours ago, Flippy said:

The confusion is partially justified, but the answer is in a different place. Section 14.3 of the core rules states that the ward allows you to roll a dice to negate a wound or mortal wound. This means that the correct approach to Weird 'Un is:

This model has a ward of 4+ against mortal wounds: (i) caused by spells and (ii) [caused by] the abilities of endless spells.

The way I read it is a little different. 

This model has

1. a ward of 4+ against mortal wounds caused by spells and

2. the abilities of endless spells.

I feel that they are talking about a ward for 2 different things. Mortal wounds and abilities. 

it’s really interesting actually. Because I can definitely see both points of view. 

11 hours ago, Icetea said:

The way I read it is a little different. 

This model has

1. a ward of 4+ against mortal wounds caused by spells and

2. the abilities of endless spells.

I feel that they are talking about a ward for 2 different things. Mortal wounds and abilities. 

it’s really interesting actually. Because I can definitely see both points of view. 

With the way the ward is defined in core rules, it can only protect from wounds / mortal wounds. To switch off other effects, the wording would have to be different. Check the OBR Null Myriad sub-faction ability, the Eldritch Nulls. It says:

Each time a friendly Null Myriad unit is affected by a spell or endless spell, you can roll a dice. If you do so, on a 5+, ignore the effects of that spell or endless spell on that unit.

This would work on Purple Sun.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Megaboss on foot is looking to be a big winner, Tunnel master + destroyer could be really good. A megaboss could do well with a sworn bodyguard brute or 'ardboy unit too.

I'm curious how lists without maw-krushas will fare, you can get a ton of wounds on the table without one.
Maybe something like this?

Allegiance: Ironjawz
- Warclan: Da Choppas
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:
Orruk Megaboss (140)***
- General
- Command Trait: Mega Bossy

- Artefact: Gryph-Feather Charm
Orruk Megaboss (140)*
- Artefact: Destroyer

-Aspect of the Champion: Tunnel Master
Orruk Warchanter (115)*
Orruk Warchanter (115)*
15 x Orruk Ardboys (255)**
- Reinforced x 2
15 x Orruk Ardboys (255)**
- Reinforced x 2
5 x Orruk Brutes (160)*
- Pair of Brute Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (160)***
- Pair of Brute Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (160)****
- Pair of Brute Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (160)*****
- Pair of Brute Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (170)****
- Pig-iron Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (170)*****
- Pig-iron Choppas
*Warlord

**Galletian Veterans
***Sworn Bodyguard

****Ironjawz Fist

*****Ironjawz Fist
Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 176
Drops: 12

You could lean more into pigs or brutes or whatever, or slot in another megaboss, warchanter or shaman, but I wonder if we might see more lists like this show up in the future.

On 1/10/2023 at 1:27 PM, Ganigumo said:

Megaboss on foot is looking to be a big winner, Tunnel master + destroyer could be really good. A megaboss could do well with a sworn bodyguard brute or 'ardboy unit too.

I'm curious how lists without maw-krushas will fare, you can get a ton of wounds on the table without one.
Maybe something like this?

You could lean more into pigs or brutes or whatever, or slot in another megaboss, warchanter or shaman, but I wonder if we might see more lists like this show up in the future.

what I like is that we don't need for anything in the new battalions...we can reap benefits and still go relatively low drop.

I’m really liking this season for Ironjawz (mainly because it’s encouraging something fresh that not solely pigs and Krushas)

I excited to get back to using hordes of greenskins, all the whole protecting our buff heroes and smash bosses

Huge play is Ardboys now imo, + the new realm command, in a Waaagh, in a GalliVet battalion and those 15 boyz are pumping out 60 attacks 4s to hit (3s with Killa beat), 3s to wound (2s with Bash em Lads), -1 (from Waaagh), d2 (from Violent Fury). Then rallying on a 4+ near a Warchanter. 
I think I’ll be using a 15 block in every game 

also would really like to see Gordrakk on the table, is he good value at 500pts now? Will see…

Edited by Lanoss

When it comes to Gordrakk I think his value is really in big Waaagh!, where you can use the triple command on bonesplitterz and kruleboyz units.
Honestly He'd probably see play in those armies too if he was allowed to join them. Its a bit of a shame he can't roll with other factions like kragnos can.

• LOVE IT! 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2023 at 3:40 AM, Ravinsild said:

How do we feel about new mercenary of renown band for Ironjawz? 

Ask yourself whether you'd rather have 10 brutes(300 points), the regiment of the renown(310 points) or 6 goregruntas(340 points). I'd say they are bad for a Bloodtoofs list and ok in a Big Waaagh list. IMO any IJ list which isn't bloodtoofs should just be big waaagh instead so...