- General
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
- Command Trait: Brutish Cunning
- Artefact: Metalrippa's Klaw
- Mount Trait: Fast 'Un
Orruk Warchanter (120)
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
Orruk Warchanter (120)
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Warbeat: Get 'Em Beat
Wurrgog Prophet (170)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Wardokk (85)
- Universal Spell Lore: Levitate
- Universal Prayer Scripture: Curse
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Allies

Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (300)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Orruk Ardboys (190)
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Orruk Ardboys (190)
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Orruk Ardboys (95)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (95)

Endless Spells & Invocations
Emerald Lifeswarm (60)

Core Battalions
Warlord
Warlord
Hunters of the Heartlands

Additional Enhancements
Artefact
Warbeat

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 80 / 400
Wounds: 133

Played Gloomspite, which was a joke. Morathi+Gotrek+15 snakes which I got a bit lucky in, DoT which I made a few minor mistakes and he was....liberal with his movement, then I faced Nagash, got a little lucky but forgot about redeploy and it cost me the game.

You seems to have the same idea as mine, but with just one MK ! How perform the endless spell ? Would you change something in the list ? Why curse and not heal, it might be better to improve a bit more the MK's survivability 

Mine is something like this

Spoiler

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (495) in Warlord
- General
- Command Trait: Brutish Cunning
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Mount Trait: Weird 'Un
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (495) in Warlord
- Mount Trait: Mean 'Un
Orruk Warchanter (120) in Warlord
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
Orruk Warchanter (120) in Warlord
Wardokk (85) in Warlord
- Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (95) in Warlord
- Allies

Battleline
20 x Savage Orruks (260) in Warlord
- Stikkas
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Orruk Ardboys (95)
5 x Orruk Brutes (150)
- Pair of Brute Choppas

Endless Spells & Invocations
Emerald Lifeswarm (60)

Core Battalions
Warlord
Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1975 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 95 / 400
Wounds: 116

Edited by Arkahn

6 hours ago, Arkahn said:

You seems to have the same idea as mine, but with just one MK ! How perform the endless spell ? Would you change something in the list ? Why curse and not heal, it might be better to improve a bit more the MK's survivability 

Mine is something like this

I found the extra bodies are more useful than the second MK . The endless spell was awesome, the healing is solid but with good positioning you can use it to really shaft charges etc. Curse was a "maybe this will work" spoiler it didn't, I'd just take heal next time.

I'd probably drop the madcap, second warlord and the arcane tome. Then use the spare points to swap 5 Ardboys to 3GG's with 5 points spare. Lose 2 unbinds but honestly anybody it would matter against is running stupid shenanigans which an unbuffed unbind is normally worthless against.

Would then be a choice between hunters/hunters vs battle regiment.

6 hours ago, Malakree said:

Curse was a "maybe this will work" spoiler it didn't, I'd just take heal next time.

Sounds like my relationship with the Weirdnob and the Hand spell. I will never learn will I.

I guess we can get 6 + D6 + maybe 5 extra Waaagh pts from having 50+ models. I can't seem to get to 60 models while including good spellcasting support. (RIP 300pt Savage Orruks) That will get Laugh at Em up T1 and make 20+ WP likely on T2. Are they going to remove Laugh at Em from the table and make Bonespliterz the only faction to get the 6++ via allegiance? Ugh...

I hope they get rid of the D3/D6 Waaagh Magic dice roll and just make it a straight choice. Spending 6 WP on +2 only to get a miscast is still possible as it stands and while the devs probably think this is proper Orky hilarity, it pointlessly sucks the competitiveness out of the army.

Thanks for posting!

Hi guys,

I'm new to AoS, I just picked up a start collecting box and I'm assembling the 'ardboys. I was wondering how I should build them, I got 10, do I make a banner, Icon, as many shields as I can and then whatever? I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, if anyone can point me in a direction where these kinds of things are listed or discussed I would be grateful :)

Thanks in advance for any replies!

2 hours ago, Stibboe said:

Hi guys,

I'm new to AoS, I just picked up a start collecting box and I'm assembling the 'ardboys. I was wondering how I should build them, I got 10, do I make a banner, Icon, as many shields as I can and then whatever? I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, if anyone can point me in a direction where these kinds of things are listed or discussed I would be grateful :)

The absolute meta build is - as many bosses as you are bringing units, a banner for every 5 guys (and at least one bravery banner is the most important) and a drummer for every five guys. 

Then max your shields. Put the shields on guys that don't have other jobs because they are gonna die first as ablative wounds.

Ardboys don't have weapon choices so the two handers and two weapon arms are interchangeable. 

2 hours ago, Stibboe said:

Hi guys,

Every 5 models should be 1 drummer, 1 banner/icon, 2 shield orruks, 1 normal orruk. When you play them on the table every icon is actually just a banner with a different aesthetic, icons are bad atm. Subject to change as of the new book later this month.

Hi all,

Been a while since posting on here. Just though I’d share the list I’m currently running. It won’t win any events but I really wanted to try Choppas out and it does ok against anything that isn’t mega armoured. Typically advances in waves with the front units all having +1 damage.

Wardokk gives 6+ ward to Krishna while casting shield and I’ve taken to giving the chanter teleport in order to try and block some unleash h3ll.

Edit - 3 units of ardboyz all with 22 damage 2 attacks is savage!

Allegiance: Ironjawz
- Warclan: Choppas
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: inspired

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (495)**
- General
- Command Trait: Checked Out  
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (495)***
- Mount Trait: Mean 'Un
Orruk Warchanter (120)***
- Warbeat: Killa Beat
Orruk Warchanter (120)***
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
Wardokk (85)*
- Allies

Battleline
5 x Orruk Ardboys (95)*
- 1x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
5 x Orruk Ardboys (95)*
5 x Orruk Ardboys (95)*
5 x Orruk Ardboys (95)**
5 x Orruk Ardboys (95)**
5 x Orruk Ardboys (95)**
5 x Orruk Ardboys (95)**

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Battle Regiment
***Command Entourage - Magnificent

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1980 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 85 / 400
Wounds: 117
Drops: 5

Edited by VonSmall
  • Like 1

Played a 2v2 yesterday with 1500 a player. I took my orruks, other players were giants, trees, and goats. Teams was destruction vs goats and trees. Mission was shifting objectives (I forget new name)  I went with big Waaagh, and Ironclad/Amulet on mawkrusha, so no brutish cunning for mighty destroyers. It was around turn 2/3 that I finally got to 20 points so my orruks are slapping nearly everything on either a 2+/2+ or 3+/2+. Trees made their way to my backline (the summoning hero, I don't remember the name) and charged my warchanter and Shaman, and proceeded to beat some tree butt while the rest of the army partied under the enemy herdstone, knocking out the summoning of the goats and forcing the player to retreat as his 30 goats only managed to kill a single brute. Mawkrusha went after Drycha and kind of got stuck in the cornor while the giants took right flank and got grinded down for a bit.  However, we basically took and held the three objectives for 3 turns. Giants in the taker tribe just held 2 of them while I pummeled the left flank. 

Teams probably should've been shifted around, but it was a learning game for the giants and the trees and just took what looked fun. 

I might start leaving the mawkrusha at home. It's insanely powerful, but I do worry about it just being an I-WIN button that my friends might not have the tools to compete with. 

-----------------------------------------

In other news, I'm hoping our book is announced today. What are some wishes we hope for Ironjawz? 

I personally want Brutes up +1 Damage across the board or some other way to give them damage. I want them to feel most distinct than ard boyz. I'd change the warchanter to something else instead of a +dmg bonus. Leave the mawkrusha as it is, maybe some minor changes. 

19 hours ago, Carnith said:

I might start leaving the mawkrusha at home. It's insanely powerful, but I do worry about it just being an I-WIN button that my friends might not have the tools to compete with. 

If it gets going and the opponent doesn't have tools to deal with it then the MK will go nuts. The tools do exist and there are a bunch more which can deal with it if used properly, this really comes down to judging your friends and the quality of their armies/play. Much in the same way anyone playing a casual game against lower skilled players shouldn't be taking gotrek.

20 hours ago, Carnith said:

In other news, I'm hoping our book is announced today. What are some wishes we hope for Ironjawz? 

I personally want Brutes up +1 Damage across the board or some other way to give them damage. I want them to feel most distinct than ard boyz. I'd change the warchanter to something else instead of a +dmg bonus. Leave the mawkrusha as it is, maybe some minor changes. 

If we're wish listing

• All "Ironjawz" (ie. brutes and ggs) to go to a 3+ save, from the lore perspective Ardboys aren't actually "Ironjawz". That or give them all reduce rend by 1.
  • a 6++ ward save built into the book as a whole, it's basically mandatory for any form of elite army to compete properly now.
  • Increase the bravery of everything but Ardboys/GG's by 1.
  • Ironjawz Waaagh! to be board wide.
  • Warbeats to automatically work rather than a 4+. Maybe make fixin beat 1-3 heal 1, 4+ heal d3.
  • A bunch of our redundant hit modifiers to be reworked into useable stuff, thinking Ironjawz Waaagh going back to a MB warscroll thing would be fine with 3.0.
  • Return of Foot of Gork. Would be such an amazing invocation.
  • Reintergrate the MK buffs which were stripped out to make traits and give us real options. Really annoys me that they took our 4+ impact hits, nerfed it to 5+ then said "here's an amazing mount trait that makes it 4+"....

Then for real wishlisting

• Swap the Brute +1 to hit vs stuff with 4+ wounds to something which makes them actually scary. "If this unit makes an attack against a unit with 4+ wounds then that unit cannot make wards against any damage inflicted. If that unit has has 10+ wounds then increase the rend characteristic by 1."
  • Megaboss weapons increased to rend 2.

I could probably go on but we're running into brain wracking territory and true wish listing.

• LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, Malakree said:

If it gets going and the opponent doesn't have tools to deal with it then the MK will go nuts. The tools do exist and there are a bunch more which can deal with it if used properly, this really comes down to judging your friends and the quality of their armies/play. Much in the same way anyone playing a casual game against lower skilled players shouldn't be taking gotrek.

If we're wish listing

• All "Ironjawz" (ie. brutes and ggs) to go to a 3+ save, from the lore perspective Ardboys aren't actually "Ironjawz". That or give them all reduce rend by 1.
  • a 6++ ward save built into the book as a whole, it's basically mandatory for any form of elite army to compete properly now.
  • Increase the bravery of everything but Ardboys/GG's by 1.
  • Ironjawz Waaagh! to be board wide.
  • Warbeats to automatically work rather than a 4+. Maybe make fixin beat 1-3 heal 1, 4+ heal d3.
  • A bunch of our redundant hit modifiers to be reworked into useable stuff, thinking Ironjawz Waaagh going back to a MB warscroll thing would be fine with 3.0.
  • Return of Foot of Gork. Would be such an amazing invocation.
  • Reintergrate the MK buffs which were stripped out to make traits and give us real options. Really annoys me that they took our 4+ impact hits, nerfed it to 5+ then said "here's an amazing mount trait that makes it 4+"....

Then for real wishlisting

• Swap the Brute +1 to hit vs stuff with 4+ wounds to something which makes them actually scary. "If this unit makes an attack against a unit with 4+ wounds then that unit cannot make wards against any damage inflicted. If that unit has has 10+ wounds then increase the rend characteristic by 1."
  • Megaboss weapons increased to rend 2.

I could probably go on but we're running into brain wracking territory and true wish listing.

You pretty much hit most of my wishlisting.

I think we're going to get Orruk endless spells. The Foot of Gork is perfect endless spell bc the enemy could try to use it as well.

I agree with your assessment that Brutes must be more distinct from Ardboyz. Brutes are the distinct Ironjawz unit and should represent as much. I think their old weapons profile should come back. The streamlining stats during 2.0 hurt them and gave rise to ardboyz dominant lists. 

Same with megaboss on foot and MB on MK.

Gore Gruntas are perfect and shouldn't be touched.

10 hours ago, Malakree said:

Warbeats to automatically work rather than a 4+. Maybe make fixin beat 1-3 heal 1, 4+ heal d3.

I really don't mind the 4+. Just make the Get'Em Beat proc in the Hero phase. It won't be OP at all and will give us a better idea about where we can go and how we can work around the Unleash Hell/Redeploy.

Good day everyone,

I'm having a 1500pts match next week and I want to run BW. I can't make up my mind between two lists and I was wondering what you guys thought about it. Basically, the dilemma for me is: Do I take 20 Arrowboys to synergize with my Wardokk and Wurgogg or I just fill up with IJ units instead? Would appreciate if some guys who have run those in the past could share their thoughts. Here are the lists:

Arrowboys version

Spoiler

- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (495)
- General
- Boss Choppa and Rip-tooth fist
- Command Trait: Ironclad
Orruk Warchanter (120)
Wurrgog Prophet (170)
Wardokk (85)
20 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (260)
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Orruk Ardboys (190)
- Reinforced x 1
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (170)
- Pig-iron Choppas

Total: 1490 / 1500
Reinforced Units: 2 / 3
Allies: 0 / 300
Wounds: 108
Drops: 7

Ironjawz version

Spoiler

- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (495)
- General
- Boss Choppa and Rip-tooth fist
- Command Trait: Ironclad
Orruk Warchanter (120)
Wurrgog Prophet (170)
Wardokk (85)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (190)
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Orruk Ardboys (190)
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Orruk Brutes (150)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
5 x Orruk Ardboys (95)

Total: 1495 / 1500
Reinforced Units: 2 / 3
Allies: 0 / 300
Wounds: 98
Drops: 8

Thanks!

Edited by Jabbuk

I've had a couple of games against Mannfred with my Ironjawz and even though he hasn't been too damaging or dominating, his is extremely slippery and without being strong in ranged damage, I was wondering if any of you had any advice on how to deal with Mannfred?

Apart from just ignoring him and goad him into a melee fight, where we potentially can fight twice with Mighty Destroyer before he can slip away again.

Edited by Spiky Norman
goad not goat

Mob ’Em, Skewer ’Em, or Zap ’Em – Three Ways to Waaagh! in the New Orruk Warclans Battletome - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

Only mention of Jawz is one spell, that's not even new. Looks like we're not going to have many (if any) changes and most likely will not get anything new. 

I want to stay positvie, but I have a sad feeling that Ironjawz will end up being the weakest of the Orruks and it will be much better (stronger) option to play as Big Waaagh. My pure Ironjawz heart is bleeding today. Maybe it's time to try a new army.

9 hours ago, Spiky Norman said:

I've had a couple of games against Mannfred with my Ironjawz and even though he hasn't been too damaging or dominating, his is extremely slippery and without being strong in ranged damage, I was wondering if any of you had any advice on how to deal with Mannfred?

Apart from just ignoring him and goad him into a melee fight, where we potentially can fight twice with Mighty Destroyer before he can slip away again.

I killed him once by using the Mighty destroyers trick.

Charge him in the hero phase, retreat in the movement phase (3,1" away) then pile in and smack him in the face at some point in the combat phase. ;)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Damascus said:

Mob ’Em, Skewer ’Em, or Zap ’Em – Three Ways to Waaagh! in the New Orruk Warclans Battletome - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

Only mention of Jawz is one spell, that's not even new. Looks like we're not going to have many (if any) changes and most likely will not get anything new. 

I want to stay positvie, but I have a sad feeling that Ironjawz will end up being the weakest of the Orruks and it will be much better (stronger) option to play as Big Waaagh. My pure Ironjawz heart is bleeding today. Maybe it's time to try a new army.

It's not new or changed at all.

2 hours ago, mrteige said:

Charge him in the hero phase, retreat in the movement phase (3,1" away) then pile in and smack him in the face at some point in the combat phase. ;)

Ah, that one I hadn't thought of myself or read anywhere. Thanks for mentioning that little trick 😄

7 hours ago, The Damascus said:

Yes this was my feeling. I really hope IJ don't get left in the dust.

35 minutes ago, Bruteforce said:

Yes this was my feeling. I really hope IJ don't get left in the dust.

To be fair the thing we really need is updated warscrolls rather than rules. The weirdnob is a great example of something which is to expensive to be a basic magic include but is to cheap to actually bring magical power to the table. Green puke is shockingly bad, it's got 1 cast and the free green puke requires a double reinforced 285 point unit.

If it was given 2 casts or had it's warscroll spell/ability improved with a bump to 150-170 it suddenly becomes more than just a 120point hand of gork tax.

The same is true of a bunch of our warscrolls.

3 minutes ago, Malakree said:

To be fair the thing we really need is updated warscrolls rather than rules. The weirdnob is a great example of something which is to expensive to be a basic magic include but is to cheap to actually bring magical power to the table. Green puke is shockingly bad, it's got 1 cast and the free green puke requires a double reinforced 285 point unit.

If it was given 2 casts or had it's warscroll spell/ability improved with a bump to 150-170 it suddenly becomes more than just a 120point hand of gork tax.

Brutes made more interesting. They don't necessarily have to be "better", just do something different than Ardboyz. I will die on this hill lol

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mrteige said:

But how can you pile in if you're 3.1in away?

8 hours ago, Malakree said:

Yeah gotta agree here, if the weirdnob was 150-170 and similar warscroll to the Wurgogg Prophet he'd be a lot more useful.

12 hours ago, Aelfric said:

Because you charged earlier in the turn before you retreated, which means you can still pile in in the combat phase.

Wow,  I gotta reread the rules carefully because I don't compute how this works,  haha. I thought you could only pile in and fight if you were within 3in.

• Like 1