AoS 2 - Ironjawz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

• Subscriber

Looking at the animation in the video, it looks like that the other variants of the Squig Hog (love that name btw) will have bionic parts, legs, etc that may make them trickier to convert to AoS, so hoping it's a full multipart kit with options. 

wO3R8fd.png

Very excited to see the other new models hinted at in the animation:

9Fr96mK.png

Larger Squiggoth pulling a trailer thing and more traditional pipedal squig rider

jQMD89T.png

New Warboss/Megaboss kit with a squig skull power fist?! Shut up and take my money. 

• LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Question. Has anyone branched off and played other list builds (non-factioned or the other sub factions) or does everyone still play Ironsunz?

ive played Bloodtoofs the last 6 months and am finding them SO much more relevant throughout the game

I’ve only played a Da Choppas list once and it was a “footboss/+3 bravery bubble/cogs build”

What are everyone’s thoughts?

I think that Bloodtoofs are the more comptitive pick at the moment. The auto teleport and the ekstra inch of charge range is SO important to this army.

Havent played Choppas but would do it in a "just for fun" game.

Ironsunz are good but just not my main choice anymore

On 3/21/2021 at 6:26 AM, SunStorm said:

Looking at the animation in the video, it looks like that the other variants of the Squig Hog (love that name btw) will have bionic parts, legs, etc that may make them trickier to convert to AoS, so hoping it's a full multipart kit with options. 

Even wit the bionic legs, They still will fit rather well. Between Duardin steamtech, grotbag scuttlers teck, gitmob grots tech, high magic, and Cities of Sigmar technology, there's enough technology out there to explain away an artificial squig leg. 

I'm most excited about the Beastsnagga conversions, as I feel like they will bridge the visual aesthetic gap between Ironjaws and Bonesplitters in a mixed Orruk Warclans force.  Orruk Brute on a giant squig might make a really fun Mounted Orruk Warboss Proxy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShaneHobbes said:

Speaking of Bloodtoofs.. is it possible to use the teleport on a maw krusha, teleport just outside 12 inches away from an enemy, then use a CP for mighty destroyer to move within 3"?

Cant see why you shouldnt be able to do that. the spell states that you cant move in the subsequent movement phase. It doesnt say anything about the hero phase.

Edited by mrteige
  • Thanks 1

On 4/6/2021 at 5:18 AM, ShaneHobbes said:

Speaking of Bloodtoofs.. is it possible to use the teleport on a maw krusha, teleport just outside 12 inches away from an enemy, then use a CP for mighty destroyer to move within 3"?

Yeah you totally can, I've pulled something similar many times using 6x Pigs and an Ironfist Battalion move.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, AaronWilson said:

Hello felloo destro bros! I have recently acquired a Ironjawz army and will be throwing down games soon, glad to be part of the ranks and looking forward to engaging in some discussion about lists!

I just picked up an Ironjawz army as well. I will be playing it soon once I get it assembled. 

On 4/23/2021 at 7:08 AM, AaronWilson said:

Dope man, we will have to some list discussion sometime. 

i've been hitting my head against it the past couple days, working with club mates and friends. I still have a ways to go on assembly so not a huge issue yet. Though I do have 60 Savage Orruks on my assembly table.

On 4/23/2021 at 8:03 PM, AaronWilson said:

Will be very different from my current Seraphon army! I have played a few games already with Ironsunz with a Gorefist & Ironfist, went 2-0 against some softer Seraphon lists but the army is hella fun. 

Yeah that's what I've found with Ironsunz too, they can have a surprising amount of game against meta armies.  I've recently took the scalps of DOK (BR shooty snakes), Seraphon (Fangs of Sotek), Tzeentch (Changehost) and also Fyreslayers (Hermdar LOTL) and Mawtribes (Eurlbad), all piloted by good competitive players.  In fairness I've also lost to Seraphon, FS and DOK with them, but I always feel like you can at least engineer a situation where you have a real chance even against S-Tier armies.

Ironsunz have a cheeky little spot in the meta atm and they're crazy fun to play.  I don't use the countercharge as much as I thought I would, but even just the fact that it exists is super powerful.  That and moving on your opponent's turn (in response to shooting or magic output) keeps you engaged right the way through.

Looking forward to seeing what you and @Rhellion come up with, I've been running a pretty standard Ironfist and tbh I've never got bored in 30+ games.

• Like 3

After wanting it for years I finally had my local store order me a mighty war cabbage.

I want to give him a sword choppa and axe choppa in his right and left hands respectively as part of a conversion to make him look like Azhag. It looks like all the weapons options attach at the wrist. Would it be easy to magnetize the weapons for when wysiwyg is important? Those wrists look pretty beefy and easy to work with.

Also, Waaaghh!

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 11:17 PM, nuttyknatty said:

Hey @Akylas

I’ve magnetised the wrists on mine. Super easy job. He’s so beefy, I switch his weapons with those I had left over from my bullgors!

Thanks! I haven't messed with magnets yet so this will be my first. I might practice on a sprue first but it's good to know it's an easy one.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, mrteige said:

Dont know where to post this but... ... Kragnos?!? Who is in???

Personally I cant wait

I suspect we'll eventually see him having his own destruction force of followers with new kits, but for now I'll be adding him to my Ironjawz. 

Just need to decide if I paint him with greenskin or not 🤔

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

I suspect we'll eventually see him having his own destruction force of followers with new kits, but for now I'll be adding him to my Ironjawz. 

Just need to decide if I paint him with greenskin or not 🤔

I've had the same thought + how to convert him a bit so he looks a bit more like an IJ