AoS 2 - Ironjawz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

4 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys i font play sincero like 1 year, why in tournament list i red in the last month people dont play Brutes? Are they nerfed with new book?

2 hours ago, broche said:

Not nerfed, but pretty flat. Ardboys does a similar job for a lower per model cost. However I expect to see some list including Brutes as the meta diversify (since their damage output is higher than Ardboys). They are better with da Choppa because of bravery buff, but most competitive list are Ironsunz at the moment.

I've been playing around with lists for my next few tournaments. It basically always comes down to the choice of

5 brutes vs 5 ardboys and a CP or 5 brutes and a CP for 10 ardboys with a triumph chance.  In both cases I take the Ardboys. 

So asking myself when I'd actually take brutes it boils down to a few factors.

1) slow moving army. This offsets them being superslow by having an army where they aren't out running the buffs.

2) no MK. Freeing up points to put more bodies on the board. I'm thinking you should be putting down at least 45 brutes.

3) bravery buffs. Stops brutes from running because someone 2 tables down sneezed.

4) Da Choppas. This not only helps with the bravery but provides a reason to take brutes over ggs. Being able to buff 840 points of brutes with 1 Warchanter and a CP is a form of power amplification which offsets the brute-gg difference.

5) brutefist. This is what makes brutes a legitimate choice over ardboys. 5 MW from a unit of 10 brutes charging is super important in a high save meta and gives a tool that is otherwise lacking.

Allegiance: Ironjawz
- Warclan: Choppas

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (150)
- Artefact: The Boss Skewer
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- General
- Trait: Checked Out
- Warbeat: Get 'Em Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)

Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas

Battalions
Brute Fist (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 175

You're putting down a lot of wounds, 2 seperate bravery auras and a large potential MW output in the charge phase. Being able to buff up 4 of the units is a horrific quantity of power scaling that normally wouldn't be possible.

Nobody wants to get hit by 40 brutes doing 20 MW on the charge before attacking with +1 damage on all their weapons. Sure it's slow but you're hoping the amount of beef will help mitigate that.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Malakree said:

I've been playing around with lists for my next few tournaments. It basically always comes down to the choice of

5 brutes vs 5 ardboys and a CP or 5 brutes and a CP for 10 ardboys with a triumph chance.  In both cases I take the Ardboys. 

So asking myself when I'd actually take brutes it boils down to a few factors.

1) slow moving army. This offsets them being superslow by having an army where they aren't out running the buffs.

2) no MK. Freeing up points to put more bodies on the board. I'm thinking you should be putting down at least 45 brutes.

3) bravery buffs. Stops brutes from running because someone 2 tables down sneezed.

4) Da Choppas. This not only helps with the bravery but provides a reason to take brutes over ggs. Being able to buff 840 points of brutes with 1 Warchanter and a CP is a form of power amplification which offsets the brute-gg difference.

5) brutefist. This is what makes brutes a legitimate choice over ardboys. 5 MW from a unit of 10 brutes charging is super important in a high save meta and gives a tool that is otherwise lacking.

- Warclan: Choppas

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (150)
- Artefact: The Boss Skewer
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- General
- Trait: Checked Out
Orruk Warchanter (110)

Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas

Battalions
Brute Fist (120)

Wounds: 175

You're putting down a lot of wounds, 2 seperate bravery auras and a large potential MW output in the charge phase. Being able to buff up 4 of the units is a horrific quantity of power scaling that normally wouldn't be possible.

Nobody wants to get hit by 40 brutes doing 20 MW on the charge before attacking with +1 damage on all their weapons. Sure it's slow but you're hoping the amount of beef will help mitigate that.

Thats a lot of beefy green. I'd like to see that in action

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, broche said:

Yeah honestly that is the saddest part of new battletome. The only mixed bataillions are the Ironfist and weirdfist which is total ******... 

Honestly I'm not sure that's an issue in and of itself.

Both Ardboys and GG's are good enough that you want them in your army anyway, means that having enough to run an Ardfist or Gorefist isn't wasted money/time for future lists.

On the otherhand the only way to tell whether there is a list which Brutes are good in is to already have 40+ Brutes. Dunno about you but I'm not going out, buying and painting another 25 Brutes to work out if the list is actually good. I'd rather just buy another 75 Ardboys, knowing I can/will use them in normal lists and have access to the stupid ardfist list.

5 hours ago, Martijn de Bruin said:

In a friendly game you could proxy them just to test the list a couple of times right 😃

Tbh I've only had 2 games at club since the book dropped and those were both learning the army and a little bit of tournament prep.

I do a massive amount of tournaments and that's where almost all my gaming experience is. Makes it hard to do this sort of testing where you really need 4/5 games in a 2 week period to get a feel for if it works. Sadly our club is fortnightly so I can't actually do that.

Wooo! Ironjawz hype!! I just took a small 2 day event 2 minors and 3 majors with my ironsunz list.

List and a small summary inside.

LEADERS Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)
- General
- Command Trait : Master of the Weird
- Artefact : Shamanic Skullcape
- Lore of the Weird : Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork

Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Artefact : Aetherquartz Brooch
- Warbeat : Killa Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat : Killa Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat : Get 'Em Beat UNITS
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
- Jagged Gore-hackas
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
- Pig-iron Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)
- Pig-iron Choppas
BATTALIONS
Ironfist (160)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Extra Command Point (50)

Played DoK in shifting objectives, i had no experience against this so i gave him first turn and my weirdnob got snipet by morathi because i didnt know that she had 36"range on spells

My turn 1 i managed to claim both flanks with 1 unit of Gore gruntas and 1 unit of ardboys. and i went for the 3 pointer in the middle aswell right infront of his 30man unit of witch aelves and two units of 10 sisters of Slaughter. I charged 1 unit and wiped them, the he tells me he can pile in 6" and he denies me the objective. Finished Battleround 1 and i already made two gamebreaking mistakes. 

I win the prio for BR 2 and gets the 3 pointer on the right side where i have 15 ardboys.  He wipes my Gore gruntas and let me experience the horror of fully buffed witch aelves.

His turn 2 he transforms Morathi and tries to contest the right objective but he gets counter charged by my backup 15 ardboys, we grind.

Br 3 objective goes left where i have 6x Gore gruntas.

i win pro, i leave the objective and i go to the centre because he opened himself to a charge on his cauldron of blood. Because i split attacks it survives with 1 wound left.

His turn he wipes 1 unit of ardboys exept for 1, i make it stay with inspiring presence he retreats his cauldron and and piles witchelves into Gore gruntas in the centre.

Br 4 objective stays left and he wins pro. He takes the now empty left with some doomfire warlock and locks down the rest of the Gore gruntas in the centre.

In my turn i manage to fight the rest of the witch aelves in my hero phase with mighty destroyers. 4 survive. I activate again with my warchanter who has to take kill them so my Gore Gruntas can reclaim the left side. Warchanter killed them exactly. i score the left side and we made a draw. But because we played chess clocks and he timed out while i still had 20 minutes the score got adjusted to a minor win for me. Super intense game that felt lost from the first battleround.

Game 2 i completely crush a medium skaven list in 1 turn with teleporting ardboys and two Gore gruntas that charge across the board. He concedes turn 2 

Game 3 was sadly a buy because of uneven amount of players and i score a minor win. I was supposed to play scorched earth, a battleplan that i feel i'm favored with both teleporting and super good mobility.

Game 4 Completely crush a medium fireslayers list in Battle for the pass. By BR 4 i have a 15 to 6 point lead and i manage to score his base objective even though we are both almost tabled he has gotrek running around and killing 9 Gore Gruntas and and a warchanter in 1 turn. But its too late to catch up.

Game 5 I play stormcast on Better part of valour. I take turn 1 and completly claim almost the entire board, but with charges i manage to open up small holes for his Incantors and small units of liberators. His turn he kills my weirdnob and manages to do little else. I win turn 2 by burning all the objectives. Had he taken the priority he wound have burned mine.

Kinda ****** sumary of the games, there were ofcourse alot more important stuff and small manouverings that ended up giving me the wins. But still i feel like the raw output of ironjawz and the crazy mobility makes it a great army and super fun to play.

Edited by Fastbear
tried to insert spoiler tag
  • Like 5

I just won my lgs tourney with my ironjawz! I went 8 8 8 as well, using an ironsuns list. I am pretty helpless with technology so idk how to link my list lol. I ran with a megaboss on mawcrusha, warchanter, wierdnob, 2 10 man ardboys, 10 brutes , 5 brutes and 6 gore gruntas with a ironfist battalion and the etherquartz brooch.

Game 1 was against slaanesh, smashing and bashing did work here, made the krusha kill shelaxi ( he was down to 2 wounds though lol) and the pigs just mulch through stuff with the warchanter buff. 

Game 2 was against skaven, I went first and charged the krusha and the pigs into a clan rat screen, killed them all with the krusha activation and then piled into a 40 man plague monk squad with the pigs and killed all of them lol. 

Game 3 was against khorne, specifically the big FW dragon lol. Was pretty intimidating, but he went first and withdrew away, forgot his prayers for the plus one save, and then in my turn I moved up with pigs to charge his reavers and held the mawcrusha back. Got the double turn and teleport the warchanter within range to buff up the megaboss, popped the waaagh and his command ability on himself, charged the dragon and did 28 damage! Then he died, but made the cleanup a breeze. 

Overall the minus one to hit from ironsuns and the ability to charge in the enemy charge phase makes it a no brainer. Add in the extra cp and the reduce rend artifact for the krusha and mean in mount trait. I got lucky with my hand of gork all day, got it off every time for once lol. All in all I love the new book, smashing and bashing is ridiculous, super good counter play to slaanesh locus. Mad as hell is good as well, I shot my pigs with green puke against Khorne and gained 5 inches of extra movement on top of a mighty destroyers move . I also used it to get into cover in the skaven matchup with other my ardboys to make the charge harder for him and for the plus one save. It has many kunning uses lol. Happy waaaghing boys!

• Like 6

Hey guys, I've asked a question a while ago about when to take a batallion, and when not to, in games under 2000 pts and I didn't get any answer so I'm kind of throwing it back in here again. 

I'm playing a 1250pts list next week and I'm wondering if I take Ironfist or not. What would be a sweet spot to justify the points for the batallion?

I'm hesitating between these two lists which are build with the models I have. My opponent will be BoC, Greatbray and Goats focused with a few monsters.

First one is without a shaman but with the Ironfist batallion which I would put on the group of 6 GGs so they can act on their own wherever they want:

- Warclan: Ironsunz
Orruk Megaboss (150)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
- Pig-iron Choppas
Ironfist (160)

Total: 1240 / 1250
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 98

The other list is this one: 

Orruk Megaboss (150)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- Pig-iron Choppas
Extra Command Point (50)

Wounds: 104

Which includes a Weirdnob Shaman and an extra CP. 

What's you guys opinion on the matter?

Edited by Jabbuk

20 minutes ago, Jabbuk said:

What's you guys opinion on the matter?

I think 1250 pts is low for the bataillion, i would rather have the extra shaman. But at the end of the day, there is not a huge difference. Ironfist is one of the easiest bataillion to evaluate:

for 110, you get a potential free MD for 5 turn (max value of 250 pts). But something between 100-150 is more realist (as the boss bataillion can die and/or be to far to use it effectively). But I think teleport (and added chance of dispel) have more value than that because you gain something you don't have access to.

4 minutes ago, broche said:

I think 1250 pts is low for the bataillion, i would rather have the extra shaman. But at the end of the day, there is not a huge difference. Ironfist is one of the easiest bataillion to evaluate:

for 110, you get a potential free MD for 5 turn (max value of 250 pts). But something between 100-150 is more realist (as the boss bataillion can die and/or be to far to use it effectively). But I think teleport (and added chance of dispel) have more value than that because you gain something you don't have access to.

Thanks man, I think so too about the list with the shaman. He will have a lot of caster so I think i'd like to be able to dispel a key spell and also the threat of teleport can make him do some bad plays. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 5:48 PM, Malakree said:

Actually, I've started to look at this from another perspective. Pre-battletome, Brutes were better in small squad because you would get more brutes boss with Smasha and brutes boss did almost 50% of the whole unit's damage by itself. However it's not the case anymore. I think taking Brutes in squad of 10+ is actually more efficient:

1. 10 brutes with warchanter buff and +1 to hit do roughly the same damage as Gruntas, and easier to engage than 15 ardboys (smaller footprint and hacka 2'' reach).

2. With 10 brutes you actually mitigate bravery better than with 5. If you loose 1-2 brutes, you can probably gamble and loose 2 more at worse, keeping a 6-strong squad. If you loose 3 (9 damage) or more, you probably want  to spend a CP for IP.  This is where a squad  of 15 ardboys fare a bit better, cause at 4-5 dead you probably won't spend a CP, you'll start considering more at 6 dead and up  + (12 damage)

3. Better to use MD on 10 brutes than on  5.

So my thinking is that 5 brutes is not enough to be a good hammer, and 140 pts is a lot to leave on a far objective or to screen, so I'd rather have 5 ardboys to fill this role. However 10 brutes is a better hammer than 15 ardboys (for similar cost) and you'll likely use IP once per game on those kind of squad, so bravery matter less. 

For now  I was looking more at configuration of the like in ironfist: 10 ardboys, 10 ardboys, 5 brutes, 5 brutes, 6 pig, but I think the right configuration would be more like 10 ardboys, 5 ardboys, 5 ardboys, 10 brutes, 6 pig.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, broche said:

Actually, I've started to look at this from another perspective. Pre-battletome, Brutes were better in small squad because you would get more brutes boss with Smasha and brutes boss did almost 50% of the whole unit's damage by itself. However it's not the case anymore. I think taking Brutes in squad of 10+ is actually more efficient:

While I agree on this point I disagree on the whole.

At 10+ Brutes they become a focus target for ranged, magic and all sorts of chip. The end result is that they take way more casulties and are far more vulnerable to battleshock. You're also getting into the territory where the sheer lack of utility vs Ardboys is incredibly noticable, their Drummer and Shields start to become massive. Shields for obvious reasons, as you start to get more they become more and more powerful. The drummer because you're now investing a lot into that unit, a Warchanter buff, 270 points, and potentially a MD to get them closer for the charge.

At that point having the charge fail becomes quite a massive hit, not least because you now have a unit of 10 brutes stranded in-front of your enemies line. There's such a huge difference between a 9" charge and an 11" charge, hell at 5" the ardboys can't fail. Don't forget that your expanded frontline is more likely to get the extra coverage because of the extra 2" and can even result in situations where your ardboys are able to threaten things which should be "out of range".

Ultimately I'd rather have 6 GG's for the offensive side and 15 Ardboys for the defensive.

Edited by Malakree
  • Like 2

According to the Honest Wargamer statsshow, Big Waaagh was in the top 5 of the highest win % with around 52 (from what I remember). Obviously nowhere near Slaanesh, but thought it was interesting that it was higher than Ironjawz. I would think Ironjawz (especially Ironsunz) offer some much more diverse tools against the current meta. Maybe I overestimate the overall impact of being able to charge in opponents charge phase + Smashing and Bashing compared to getting the flat +1/+1 and 6+ FNP save. Mighty Destroyers isn't as big of a deal due to Brutish Kunning and Ironfist batallion imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Malakree said:

At 10+ Brutes they become a focus target for ranged, magic and all sorts of chip. The end result is that they take way more casulties and are far more vulnerable to battleshock. You're also getting into the territory where the sheer lack of utility vs Ardboys is incredibly noticable, their Drummer and Shields start to become massive. Shields for obvious reasons, as you start to get more they become more and more powerful. The drummer because you're now investing a lot into that unit, a Warchanter buff, 270 points, and potentially a MD to get them closer for the charge.

I don't see why they would become more a target for range, bar shield they are the same wound per pts than ardboys. They also do more damage. I mean, I love drummer, but  isn't the point of an hammer  doing damage? You can also fish for the embeded +1 to hit and save a CP here.  

So I've been tinkering with a Mixed Waaagh! list. I'm pure IJ and have been for a while. I don't own any bonesplitterz but I'm definitely interested in expanding Warclans. What do you guys think? What changes would you make? I like the 50/50 mix.

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- General
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
- Trait: Brutish Cunning
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet
- Mount Trait: Weird 'Un
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka

Battleline
- Jagged Gore-hackas
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas

Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 213

Second list without MK

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (150)
- General
- Trait: Brutish Cunning
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka

Battleline
- Jagged Gore-hackas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas

Units
4 x Savage Big Stabbas (200)

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Wounds: 178

P.S. how do I hide lists in a drop down on mobile?

Edited by Chase

31 minutes ago, DanteeChaos said:

Bloodtoofs question - how does the Realmgate stuff work? Do you have to buy the Realmgate in your army list? Where is it placed? The 'Get Da Realmgate' command trait doesn't really specify how the Realmgate gets on the battlefield.

unless its on the table....or you play the GHB rules to add one......you dont get the benefit. I think i speak for all when i say it is the most underwhelming CA ever to be printed to a page.

Edited by Oreaper84
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If you play a single matched play game, they you should be able to used it as both player alternate terrain set up (5 each). In a tournament it's another story, as you're at the mercy of TO. Terrain are usually on the table before the game. Unless there's already a realmgate by chance, or TO allow you to swap a terrain, then it won't work. 

Quick question:

Is there a point anymore in taking groups of 10 ardboys? In my 1250pts game that I will play next week, I decided to go with this list: 

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (150)
- General
- Trait: Right Fist of Dakkbad
- Artefact: Sunzblessed Armour
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork

Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- Pig-iron Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Pair of Brute Choppas

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Wounds: 104

I was actually wondering if I should take 2 groups of 10 or a big group of 20 or 15 and 5. Scenario will be Three Places of Power. I'm guessing I'll try to camp the objectives as quickly as possible? I don't have experience with this scenario yet.

What do you guys think about the ardboys grouping?

Edited by Jabbuk

1 hour ago, Jabbuk said:

Is there a point anymore in taking groups of 10 ardboys? In my 1250pts game that I will play next week, I decided to go with this list: 

At out club tourney last Sunday I played 15+10+5. The unit of 15 was a big anvil but it felt like overkill a lot of the time. 

The unit of 10 was great as both a damage threat and a screen while the unit of 5 was really useful for holding objectives and zone control.

Honestly though I think both @broche and I agree (as unusual as it is 😉😘) that the 5 brutes are not great.

Personally I'd recomend dropping them for an ardfist and splitting one of your ardboys units into a pair of 5s.

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (150)
- General
Orruk Warchanter (110)

Battleline
- Pig-iron Choppas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)

Units
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)

Battalions
Ardfist (120)

Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1220 / 1250
Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 89

You're 4 drops so should get to pick. Take priority and split the board, take the two corner objectives and ignore the middle. Hand of gork 1 unit of 5 and get em beat with the other. The aim is to get into combat but be attacked as little as possible forcing the opponent to start their turn in combat. Tag the ends of units, put 1 model 3" out that sort of stuff.

Move the megaboss onto one corner objective with the 10 ardboys to screen and protect him. The opponent tags him and let's him start fighting it should be ok as long as he's not being focus fired.

Get your weirdnob on the other corner objective with the GGs buffed/screening. Have the Warchanter sat nearby so he can rebuff the GGs and is in range to get 'Em beat your 5 ardboys unit which goes with them.

Hopefully the opponent starts their turn 1 with you having tagged both top/bottom objectives with a bit of a screen and locked in combat by the 2 units of ardboys.

They then kill the units of 5 in either their shooting or combat phase depending on what type of army they are.

Use your ardfist, broach and 4 starting cps to summon units of 10 blocking and screening both corner objectives, protecting your heroes.

Ideally you would like ~30/40 ardboys split between the corners to hamper them if they get the double. Remember aswell that you can Ironsunz CA to charge them at the end of the opponents charge phase, thus further disrupting and pinning them!

Sorry was intending to do a little bit and got lost in strategizing.

• LOVE IT! 1

26 minutes ago, Malakree said:

At out club tourney last Sunday I played 15+10+5. The unit of 15 was a big anvil but it felt like overkill a lot of the time. 

The unit of 10 was great as both a damage threat and a screen while the unit of 5 was really useful for holding objectives and zone control.

Honestly though I think both @broche and I agree (as unusual as it is 😉😘) that the 5 brutes are not great.

Personally I'd recomend dropping them for an ardfist and splitting one of your ardboys units into a pair of 5s.

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (150)
- General
Orruk Warchanter (110)

Battleline
- Pig-iron Choppas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)

Units
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)

Battalions
Ardfist (120)

Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1220 / 1250
Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 89

You're 4 drops so should get to pick. Take priority and split the board, take the two corner objectives and ignore the middle. Hand of gork 1 unit of 5 and get em beat with the other. The aim is to get into combat but be attacked as little as possible forcing the opponent to start their turn in combat. Tag the ends of units, put 1 model 3" out that sort of stuff.

Move the megaboss onto one corner objective with the 10 ardboys to screen and protect him. The opponent tags him and let's him start fighting it should be ok as long as he's not being focus fired.

Get your weirdnob on the other corner objective with the GGs buffed/screening. Have the Warchanter sat nearby so he can rebuff the GGs and is in range to get 'Em beat your 5 ardboys unit which goes with them.

Hopefully the opponent starts their turn 1 with you having tagged both top/bottom objectives with a bit of a screen and locked in combat by the 2 units of ardboys.

They then kill the units of 5 in either their shooting or combat phase depending on what type of army they are.

Use your ardfist, broach and 4 starting cps to summon units of 10 blocking and screening both corner objectives, protecting your heroes.

Ideally you would like ~30/40 ardboys split between the corners to hamper them if they get the double. Remember aswell that you can Ironsunz CA to charge them at the end of the opponents charge phase, thus further disrupting and pinning them!

Sorry was intending to do a little bit and got lost in strategizing.

That's amazing, man. Really great advice. There's only one problem though, this army is all the units I have painted and I only have 10 more ardboys primed but not painted ;)

What's a guy to do? Oh yeah, I also have the Ironskull's who could maybe work as a 5unit of ardboys? They can't be part of Ardfist, can they?