AoS 2 - Ironjawz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

For underworlds they have not put in the card art any model or character that isn't part of a warband.

5 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

I just think it is the artists rendition of genreric Orruks and there wont be another warband. The ardboyz we got are not even real Ironjawz, as we all know they are just the fan boyz hanging around the brutes who are the real ironjawz. Disappointing yes, but that would be in line with how Orruks have been handled all of the AoS lifespan.

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2019 at 2:55 AM, Malakree said:

That is incredibly poor judging, a game should never end halfway through a round. It means the judges didn't say "play till the end of the round" soon enough.

Call the judges over. If you complain and they give him a warning, then you complain again they should stand and watch the game. If they spot him cheating while watching then it's a DQ.

A lot of this sounds like both tournament inexperience for you and the judges/TOs. Really ****** when it happens tho 😥

The issue is that current IJ warscrolls are not worth their points. Compare a KoS at 360 to a cabbage at 440, it's similar across the entire army.

End result is that the bomb is our equaliser. We're looking to do enough damage with it that we can win the pillow fight in later turns.

There was a lot of messes with the judging, yeah. I still remember that, in the third game, one of the judges told me that 'you must select a spell target before rolling' when the opponent raised the issue (i think he was from 40k) and that I, thus, had wasted my last cast roll because I had chosen an invalid target and could not use the spell, all because I had muttered that the spell would target a unit of trolls 13'' (max for spell was 12'') away. That, coupled with me being beyond exhausted made me not bother. 

Truly... it was a disgusting fight. Him winning because I flubbed a casting roll to teleport to his objective was the salt to rub the wound.

Edited by KillagoreFaceslasha

10 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

I just think it is the artists rendition of genreric Orruks and there wont be another warband. The ardboyz we got are not even real Ironjawz, as we all know they are just the fan boyz hanging around the brutes who are the real ironjawz. Disappointing yes, but that would be in line with how Orruks have been handled all of the AoS lifespan.

Interesting thought. I have Nightvault and have seen a lot of cards so far and there has never been an illustration that represents something that isn't in the game. All the units illustrated have their own warbands. We are seeing some DoK and FEC represented in the new cards, with rumors that they will be in the game too. In my opinion, a brute drawing wouldn't be in there if they didn't have plans to bring one. Plus, we're getting a new book soon and there won't be new plastic for us, as it has been confirmed. I wouldn't be surprised if they created a new Orruks warband for Beastgrave and then announced it conjointly with the book and pre-order. It makes sense marketing wise at least. Just like there is an Ogor with an crossbow in one the illustrations too. I'd put my money that there will be a group of those out along with Mawtribe announcement.

Edited by Jabbuk

From the warclans discussion:

Megaboss an ability that does mortal wound on unmodified save of 6
Strength from victory is the same
The command ability changed to being +1 hit to an ironjawz within X Inches, and if the megaboss has monster keyword the range is larger
8 atk, 3+, 3+, 2or3 rend(blurry), 2 dmg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

Jesus, we were brutally nerfed.

Depends. It appears the chopper and rip tooth fist got a combined weapon profile. The card was too blurry for a full translation, but you can make out both chopper And the fist in the weapon profile title, so I suspect there will be some language on the warscroll to take the fist into account. 

as for the command ability, if we got a new Waaagh mechanic, it makes sense it got changed.  Which means the warchanter also probably has undergone a huge revamp. And if they went the route of the “retinue” as seen in today’s Cities of Sigmar” preview, the foot heroes may get a big boost in playability with reduced sniping.

we also do t know if there will be a points  adjustment to any of the units. If the megaboss got nerfed but dropped 40 points, I’d be more than fine with the change. 

2 hours ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

Jesus, we were brutally nerfed.

I'm expecting the Waaagh! To become either a global CA or a allegiance ability.

Edit: Also it's -3 rend. If you look at the 2 damage and the -2 rend on the free guild general both are very clear.

On the other hand the 3+ gets blurry very fast with the wound roll being hard to read. The free guild general also does d3 damage with his attack buts it's a pita to read.

Means he's now 8 attacks 3+/3+/-3/2. He hits like a fricking truck and has massive tend. Imagine ghyrstrike on him...hell imagine +1 damage on it. If we got a similar boost on our other warscrolls losing the waaagh! Is meaningless.

Edited by Malakree
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Absolutely no reason to call anything nerfed at this point. I think most people are happy to see Whaagh in the current form gone, replaced by whatever allegiance abilities lies in the book, so the warboss now has a more "generic" ability to use as well. If the blurry image is what it looks like and the profile really is 8 atks 3+/3+ rend -2 and 2 dmg, he is by far the most brutal melee foot hero at base value, before counting any other special abilities and such. Combining the weapons into 1 profile is also MUCH better for artifacts, if destroyer with +1 damage appears again, jeez imagine 8 attacks with rend 2 and 3 damage on a foot hero, auch.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Yeah it's far too early to talk about nerfs.  We might have "Heroes / your General in an Ironjawz army know(s) the following Command Ability" as part of Ironjawz sub-allegiance.

We might have access to extra attacks from the Waaagh! points that we know we're getting.

There's all sorts of stuff that could make up for losing the existing Waaagh! spam, and hopefully improve upon it in terms of both power level and playing experience.

• Like 1

I was hoping for the Waaagh mechanic to be gone. It felt like ****** - Hit like a wet noodle without it and destroy anything with it. Honestly I'm so surprised by how much they have put into this looking at Cities of Sigmar. I was pretty much just expecting minor updates and a quick soup book of Ironjawz + Bonesplitterz, but it really looks like they gave them a proper update. I'm hoping Gordrakk will become a beast.

1 hour ago, Kasper said:

I was hoping for the Waaagh mechanic to be gone. It felt like ****** - Hit like a wet noodle without it and destroy anything with it. Honestly I'm so surprised by how much they have put into this looking at Cities of Sigmar. I was pretty much just expecting minor updates and a quick soup book of Ironjawz + Bonesplitterz, but it really looks like they gave them a proper update. I'm hoping Gordrakk will become a beast.

Yeah the Waaaaagh mechanic is really awkward right now. Feels terrible to play with IJ when you can't waaagh or you've run out of CPs, feels terrible to play against when everything gets 10+ attacks and mega-kills everything. Really swingy design. Since all of the "spammable" CA's are going away its safe to say WAAAAAAAAAGH will look very different now (same goes for Bonesplitterz with their exploding arrows), but hopefully it's changed to something less janky and something more stable.

6 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

I cannot wait to play an entire game just so i can get +1 attack.

Unless the escalation is bonkers, or massive tweaks happen, this just killed the army.

I think they review a lot of warscrolls so it might have a bigger impact? At least the Megaboss seems to have changed quite drastically. I understand what you mean though. I hope there's something else ..

1 minute ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

I cannot wait to play an entire game just so i can get +1 attack.

Unless the escalation is bonkers, or massive tweaks happen, this just killed the army.

If you look closer, already at 16 you get +1 to hit and at 20 you get +1 wound to all orruks, so before you can use whaagh you already have +1 to BOTH! And you have not even seen the other buffs or hero warscrolls yet, which will get other command abilities in addition to the option of whaagh. 

We have also only seen 1 allegiance rule, which looks cool and only 1 clan rule, still artifacts, battalions, mount traits, command traits, new warscrolls etc etc. Saying anything has killed an army just because a broken ability is not there is very premature.

• Like 2