Mortal wound dealers

Justinian

I have been trying to figure out how we can get the highest mortal wound output from our units and just haven't been able to find a reliable way to do so. 

The terrorgheist is pretty good but is dependent on 6s to wound with its bite. My other thought was to pair Settra with some crypt flayers and infernal courtiers but on review of the wording it doesn't work if we take the rules as written. The flayers and infernal rule says rolls to hit of 6 cause mortal wounds, not rolls of 6 or more, and Settra's command ability says add 1 to all hit rolls. So yes you can add 1 to 5s to get them to 6s but then you would turn your natural 6s into 7s which would not cause mortal wounds. 

Considering how much mortal wounds the other grand alliances can put out I think we are a bit lacking. Anyone else got any ideas?

Spirit hosts with Settra do mortal wounds on 5's, 4's if you take a damned terrain roll. With 6 attacks a base that adds up quickly. 

Even if they've inadvertently left out the "or more" wording in the Crypt Flayers rule, Settra's rule is "can add" so it's optional. Arguably you could add it to the fives and not add it to the sixes, which comes to the same result of 1/3 mortal wounds.

Vlad can buff the wound roll of the Terrorgheist so that it does 6 mortal wounds on a 5+, which is very nice.

Unfortunately having Vlad as your general this turns your ward saves from 5+ to 6+.

Necropolis Knights are the best thing for mortal wounds in Death. The best in the game would probably be Spider riders (or Executioners paired with 4 Celestial Hurricanums).

1 hour ago, Nico said:

Even if they've inadvertently left out the "or more" wording in the Crypt Flayers rule, Settra's rule is "can add" so it's optional. Arguably you could add it to the fives and not add it to the sixes, which comes to the same result of 1/3 mortal wounds.

Unfortunately Settra's rule says add 1 to ALL hit rolls so you can't pick and choose. 

Does work with spirit hosts though. 

1 hour ago, Nico said:

why not add it to all rolls any way. i do beleive spirit host say 6 or more for mortal wounds yeah?

The "can" is still permissive language. "I can do it on every day of the week" for example. Anyway it's clearly a typo - same with one of the Chaos Dwarf buffs (and there's another in that PDF there which says "wound", but should say "mortal wound"...).  

Archived