A new race for Destruction emerges, designing a race from scratch.

Musings after looking through recent nighthaunt release for allegiance abilities.

I'd go with several small buffs like nighthaunt have rather than anything one big because theres so many traits that this swarm really could explore:

Hive Mentality: they could all use the Queens bravery for battleshock tests aslong as she is on the battlefield, but should she die they suffer a bravery impairment. I'd put her as bravery 10 as she is essentially the hive so its a big boost and a potential negative.

All consuming: A better version of the Destruction command trait that allows you to destroy terrain, always handy when more and more armies are getting to place their own stuff.

Born Below: The ability to place tunnel markers on the map, possibly linked to the all consuming traits. With the potential to bring back destroyed battleline units through said tunnels or to reinforce them (either or, but would have to be on a dice roll to be fair) as more and more of the hive tunnel up from below the realmplate)

5 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

Musings after looking through recent nighthaunt release for allegiance abilities.

I'd go with several small buffs like nighthaunt have rather than anything one big because theres so many traits that this swarm really could explore:

Hive Mentality: they could all use the Queens bravery for battleshock tests aslong as she is on the battlefield, but should she die they suffer a bravery impairment. I'd put her as bravery 10 as she is essentially the hive so its a big boost and a potential negative.

All consuming: A better version of the Destruction command trait that allows you to destroy terrain, always handy when more and more armies are getting to place their own stuff.

Born Below: The ability to place tunnel markers on the map, possibly linked to the all consuming traits. With the potential to bring back destroyed battleline units through said tunnels or to reinforce them (either or, but would have to be on a dice roll to be fair) as more and more of the hive tunnel up from below the realmplate)

I’m loving these man!

Now that I’m not doing all the 12 hour shifts in the world, I might actually be able to work on this now. That Bloodbound/Nighthaunt Force multiplier was what I was aiming for, love your idea for the Queen

Maybe you can take a look at some alternative range which already made "bugs-like" miniatures. Crossing tyranids & vespids bits with some alternative range parts could be a nice start for the first miniatures then molding & recasting some parts to harmonize your army. 

Spoiler

Mierce's THACALDĀN, beatle monster

mrm_dkl_jut_cnt_mbs_601_000_01_large.png.e8c75d7e0ab776c6a58cf25b95795504.png

1741243744_mandigorn-warrior-painted(1).jpg.5afb04475ec37e5c85f164633050d358.jpg_-_-_1.jpg.1abf100e05b06023572071ee06ed99ff.jpgscarab-warriors-2_copy.jpg.cb9c8911357caf13e8ba16b395c96fba.jpgimg4586ed13afc94.jpg.7a4578aaf617827a46a5be105448fe7d.jpg

4590143-web-kingdomdeath-dung-beetle-knight-3_3928e4c2-9634-4cfc-bbc0-ed2494e8334f_1024x1024.jpeg.b403337bfd368ea7f925bfb7324a25d6.jpeg

firebeetle6paint.jpg.c59018167b6c1d11b9c82f0163287695.jpggiant-centipede-swarm-20.jpg.e58aa93cbca5a7496bbbc034e9628efb.jpgBeetle-Top.jpg.81eb85c0aee45f26bf43574097f313c5.jpg

I'll give you extra points if their reproductive cycle is grim dark that they implant eggs into a host and have the young literally have to eat their way out from the inside, literal parasitical beings which could also help you define the caste system further. The lesser castes eat their way forth from live stock, lower organisms, beasts etc and are always regarded as little more than that in their lives, higher castes are those implanted in higher organism (aelves, humans, etc), those that were capable of parasitically leaching intellect and knowledge from the host before consuming it. 

You could also look at smaller swarmlike units of devouring bugs, those who were not implanted and therefore incapable of intellect beyond the desire to consume.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK so i was thinking of starting my own thread for my guy but as they seem to be almost the same as yours i dont want to start a competition here, especially shens you sheem to know more about how this stuff works than i do despite Melcavuk tring to help me, sorry but i dont know "crunch" im just "fluff"(i live in an area with a vast shortage of guys to play with) 

Archived