Warhammer Achievements 6 at Blood and Glory 3/4th Nov 18

Stevewren

Event Title: Warhammer Achievements 6
Event Author: @Stevewren
Calendar: Events UK
Event Date: 02/11/2018 12:00 PM to 04/11/2018 5.00PM 

What is Warhammer Achievements?

Warhammer Achievements 6 is a five game Narrative Play Age of Sigmar event that will be running at Ben Curry’s’ Blood and Glory tournament in Derby on the 2rd to the 4th November 2018. The event is unique amongst the UK tournament scene as possibly the only event that can be won by a player that loses all their games. You heard me right! If you are hopeless at winning Age of Sigmar games this could well be the event for you…!

Instead the event is scored using Achievements that can be gained throughout the five games, how you painted and selected your army, how sporting you are, and a few miscellaneous ones that will be announced in the lead up to the event.  

In all there are 99 achievements available, and the winner will be the player that achieves the most. 

Tell me more about the Achievements, they sound great…

Achievements come in many shapes and sizes. There are 50 in game achievements available to players. 25 of them can be achieved in any game, and the other 25 are broken down into each game and can only be claimed in that game. They include things such as using 3 or more command abilities in a turn, completing a turn 1 charge, wiping out a unit in a single turn, and passing a bravery test on a 1. The painting ones are scored by including freehand in your army, having some non-metallic metal, including vintage Games Workshop models, and showing off some conversions in your army. You also get achievements through your unit choice and army selection, and through playing the game in a sporting manner. There has also been a tradition where you can gain negative achievements, which will take points away (however there is also an award for getting the most of these as well!)

DOWNLOAD THE EVENT RULES PACK HERE

Updated 22nd October 18

Warhammer Achievements 6 - Rules Pack Version 1.6.pdf

DOWNLOAD THE SCENARIO PACK HERE

Updated 10th August 18

Warhammer Achievements 6 Scenario Pack Version 1.4pdf

DOWNLOAD THE ATLAS HERE

Updated 29th October 18

The Atlas (Table Maps 16/20).pdf

That all sounds well and good, but what is the gaming like?

I’m glad you asked. Once again this year we are running the event over two days with games at variable point values from 1600 to 2500 points. Each game will have a challenging scenario, and winning this will allow you to claim the major objective.. All the games will be on custom designed and themed tables with their own special table objectives. These will make up the secondary objectives. The tertiary objectives are still being created in association wit the Ruinous Powers... The player with the highest number of Battlepoints over the weekend will be crowned the Best General at the event (we like to reward gaming skill as well).

Where does the Narrative part come from?

This year we are wandering the Realms, searching for the source of the upsurge in magical activity that is permeating the lands. Realmstone can be gained and used to power your factions, or kept for yourself to use in game. Full realm rules will be in effect on every table, and you'll need to start working on your Realm Walker model...

All the scenarios are based on the Malign Sorcery narrative battle plans which have been adapted subtly to fit the Warhammer Achievements event.  Check out the Scenario Pack for more details.  

How important is painting at Warhammer Achievements?

Very! All the organisers of the event have been much more successful painting armies than winning games and the Best Painted Army award has been hard fought over previous years. We encourage you to bring the army and models that you have spent the most time and put the most effort into and these will probably be the ones that you are most proud of, especially if you can gain the most achievements from them. The chances are your best models will tick the most achievement boxes to, so it should be a win-win situation. Age of Sigmar is a very aesthetic game and we know that tables are going look great, so we want the armies to look awesome as well.

That all sounds great – sign me up!

If you like the sound of this then get yourselves over to the Bad Dice website and purchase your ticket today. Warhammer Achievements is will be limited to 30 players initially so if you want to take part in this unique event then you’ll need to sign up fast as the tickets will be going quick, especially as there may be achievements up for grabs for the first people to sign up.  

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BUY TICKETS HERE...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you want to stay up to date on how the tables are coming on and how the rules pack is shaping up then follow me on Twitter @stevewren for all the latest news from Warhammer Achievements and Blood and Glory.

SCENERY UPDATES AND RANDOM WARHAMMER ACHIEVEMENT STUFF - Coming Soon...

You can find this on my Blog post here on TGA

Questions?

If you have any questions at all about this event feel free to get in touch.
You can contact me on the TGA boards, either in this thread or via the Messaging function. 
Alternatively you can email at stevewren1976@googlemail.com or @stevewren on Twitter

• 5 weeks later...

soooooo excited, looks great

Thinking of bringing my stormcast as i have never actually had a chance to play with them and the new releases have brought the hype.

can i just double check that a 10 man strong unit of judicators would give me -5 AP. was thinking they would be a must have for the 2500 list

On 7/17/2018 at 5:07 PM, Kinglizard said:

soooooo excited, looks great

Thinking of bringing my stormcast as i have never actually had a chance to play with them and the new releases have brought the hype.

can i just double check that a 10 man strong unit of judicators would give me -5 AP. was thinking they would be a must have for the 2500 list

Glad you're looking forward to it. And yes, you are absolutely correct. However 2 or 3 units of five would be absolutely fine...

16 hours ago, Stevewren said:

Scenario Pack and the Version 1.2 of the Rules pack is up in the main post! Any changes now will be minor based on any feedback or play testing, but we are pretty much ready to go! 

A couple of the list building achievements seem a little cruel to us Destruction players. There's literally no non-monster Behemoths in the faction, the only non-character unit with fly is the Magma Dragon from Forge World and there's only one named character, and that's Gordrak! lol.

24 minutes ago, Korvak said:

A couple of the list building achievements seem a little cruel to us Destruction players. There's literally no non-monster Behemoths in the faction, the only non-character unit with fly is the Magma Dragon from Forge World and there's only one named character, and that's Gordrak! lol.

This happens quite a lot - its very rare that players get all the achievements in a section.

Its about maximizing as much as you can.  I think Declan who won last year scored in the 70's for total achievements, so that should give you an idea about where to aim at.   

Couple of updates tonight. Firstly I have done a minor word change to Negative Achievement 8 (aka The Fyreslayer rule): 

8. Suck out the Fun - Include a unit of 20 or more models that have more than 1 save (doesn’t apply to the Death Save or Nurgle save)

Also the Realm Walker war scroll is up. I've had a few players ask about base size - its purely up to you. The model should be fun and creative, and I don't want to spoil your creative juices by giving you limitations. You may even like to do two or three models to show how your Realm Walker develops throughout the story....

1262950549_RealmWalkerWarscroll.jpg.0e41a7643b880db6445fc4dbe164c439.jpg

1757470737_realmwlakerupgrades.jpg.999fce59c229885b3ab727009612b8c2.jpg

Version 1.3 of the Scenario Pack is up: 

• Added rules for moving wizards hit by the great wave in scenario 3

Version 1.4 of the rules pack is up: 

• Wording change to clarify the army points values

Realm Walker upgrades added to the post above! 

• 4 weeks later...

Really looking forward to this event. I'm working hard on my Realmwalker and building a back story for him at the same time, I hope it works.

I've downloaded all the rules pack, achievement pack and atlas but can't find the Realmwalker warscroll. I'm probably being a bit thick but can't find it anywhere to download. Can you tell me where it is or send it to me please?

I'm an older general, so technology escapes me sometimes.

4 hours ago, Phil D said:

Really looking forward to this event. I'm working hard on my Realmwalker and building a back story for him at the same time, I hope it works.

I've downloaded all the rules pack, achievement pack and atlas but can't find the Realmwalker warscroll. I'm probably being a bit thick but can't find it anywhere to download. Can you tell me where it is or send it to me please?

I'm an older general, so technology escapes me sometimes.

Scroll Up! Its about four posts before this one :)

However I've also updated the rules pack to add it in now as you've raised a good point and it will make it easier for anyone else.  

On 9/7/2018 at 8:32 PM, Stevewren said:

Scroll Up! Its about four posts before this one :)

However I've also updated the rules pack to add it in now as you've raised a good point and it will make it easier for anyone else.  

Thanks for this, told you I was a bit thick?. I saw the warscroll but couldn’t work out how to print it. Got it now so good to go.

• 1 month later...

Its been a while since I've updated the Achievements thread, but with 38 players signed up its been important to keep working hard on the scenery. So without further ado here are the next three completely new tables for this years event, with terrain courtesy of @Ben Johnson who has won multiple best terrain awards at the South Coast GT. 

169883894_Table16TheValleyofTruthes.jpg.a850e076d15ede23b5c964f994a6e980.jpg

930955675_Table11GloomtideGraveyard.jpg.8786a63bfc56a944d5a791f2288bf7e6.jpg

1940034168_Table15TheBlastedLands.jpg.abaf50dae478fd9001e6e428c9576128.jpg

Thanks for he update @Stevewren   the tables look great. 

Just finished my Realm Walker so I’m ready to go! 

Any one else completed their Realm Walkers?  Or any one not started and planning to do it on Friday the 2nd? 

Just realised custom objective markers and endless spells are encouraged, better get back to work.

22 hours ago, TheWilddog said:

I echo the sentiment that this event looks utterly amazing. Love the tables, the Skeleton Coast in particular looks drop dead gorgeous. Hope you all have a fantastic time.

Thanks - I'm looking forward to seeing who is victorious this year and what armies the attendees are bringing! 

Also we have another map ready for release tonight: 

1867807931_Table10TheWyvernWastes.jpg.0e92823c7ffabd21b5f536f8cb638e91.jpg

Hi guys, Nearly ready finally finished my realm walker, been working on him since August he’s huge! Don’t know how I’m going to get him in the car never mind on the tabletop, look out for Kazic Longstride ?

looking forward to the event Steve, should be fun 

Still buzzing from this weekend, absolutely awesome! The tables looked beautiful, the special realm and terrain effects where wonderfully strange but somehow sympathetic to the tabletop and the realm they were set in, and the narrative of the campaign was well thought out and great fun.

Won two and lost three but made some great friends. Definitely back next year.

Thanks to Steve and team for a well organised and well run event.

Can we have early bird tickets for people that have attended in the past please? I don't want to miss out.

First event I've been to when every opponent has been a delight to play against!

I'd also like to add my thanks to Steve and co (Simon for stepping in, despite bring Arkhan and Grimghasts to the table you evil man).

Now just to figure out what army to take next year, I can be more prepared this time instead of starting an army 3 months before the event.

Archived