Mixed Order in AoS 2e

Zhorphorus

Branchwraiths get a +1 to spell casts in harvest boon, In addition the realm of battle you fight in gives you (and your opponent) 7 new spells to cast and addition to the 3 endless spells. (I am unsure if you get to cast an endless spell and a normal in the same phase or not I only have the Malign Sorcery Book on hand atm and am getting things mixed up.) Also if I am understanding correctly You can keep casting the same endless spell every turn as long as you have the models for it. I forsee ALOT of spell casting in many armies in the future so I don't think it will be difficult to keep the phoenixes at a 2+ save or better the majority of the time. The battalions also give you 2 extra relics of which there are 84 new choices in the new book. Some Highlights are a relic that does 1 mortal wound every time you roll a 6+ save or one that heals you every time you rolls a 6+ saves, making your weapon hit and wounds on 2s, -3 rend, etc, etc. Also the Forestfolk battalion less you pull off a fade away once per game letting you set up your models anywhere in your territory (Must be 9in away from enemy as usual). Also since enemies MUST attack now Hordes going to have really bad times against the shield of thorns Frosthearts as even if they try to minimize the number of attacks against it they are still going to be getting shredded by the rebounds.  

13 hours ago, Enochi said:

I forsee ALOT of spell casting in many armies in the future so I don't think it will be difficult to keep the phoenixes at a 2+ save or better the majority of the time

This is exactly my  point!! This edition will allow a massive amount of spellcasting and 280 for a frostheart is still a bargain considering that it will be very ofter at high save roll. 

I'm currently testing this out, based on my adepticon list, with the caveat that I don't like phoenixes (not because they aren't good; they're nuts, I just don't care for them personally):

Spoiler

MO.png.2b4c19433250625ac87124a8967a0954.png

Thoughts? I'm very tempted with nerfed shooting to split up the company into 2x battlelines and do something else with the riggers/thralls. In my testing I haven't been too impressed by endless spells without bonuses to cast, but I play against a lot of nagash/arkhan/khorne which just 100% shuts down magic so maybe I'm biased. I used to run tenebrael with an assassin in his pants, but the Sword of Japan is more powerful and saves me 80pts.

@heywoah_twitchHey man, nice to see you in here. I recently saw your video on meta tiers, or your thoughts on tiers rather, and even if i have been a bit disappointed as you have not covered the minor factions (I play wanderers and brey/warherd but I understand, we have a healthy amount of "new armies" and it would be silly to cover the old ones too... Even if you did covered dispossessed you cheekylil dwarf!!), but I liked it very much. 

Not familiar with flying duardin as nobody olay them around me and the only time somedody played the shard against me he did not so much. Although all in all it seems solid and with the summoning that now Alarielle provides it should be interesting. 

With sooo many powerful spellcasters have you considdred a Spellweaver for the free unbind? 

I am trying too to stay away from the phoenixes but it is too difficult and with all this magic I have decided to list one but one only to use is as a tank in the frontline. List goes like this:

Allegiance: Order

Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders

Nomad Prince (80)

- General, Strategi  genius

Anointed Of Asuryan On Frostheart Phoenix (280)

Dragonlord (340)

- Shield & Dragon Blade, mirrored cuirtass

Loremaster (140)

Battleline

10 x Glade Guard (120)

10 x Glade Guard (120)

10 x Glade Guard (120)

Units

5 x Sisters of the Thorn (220)

20 x Sisters of the Watch (360)

10 x Wildwood Rangers (140)

Endless Spells

Quicksilver Swords (20)

Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 1960 / 2000

Extra Command Points: 0

Allies: 0 / 400

Wounds: 106

It is of course based on Wanderers but i tried to replace what Wanderers lack with the dragon and the phoenix for extra dmg and tankiness. Of course if possible the shield of thorne goes on the phoenix and of course when possible the hand of glory goes on the dragon. Although with the amount of magic now I am pretty sure the phoenix will get to a nice save throw regardless of My spells. Everyrhing else is what Wanderers offer nowaday and SotW are easily replacable with GG in case I need a nuke. WWR I like them very much and give the army a good mhpf as the attention is drawn away by the monsters already. All in all it is well rounded I think and the idea is to get enemy units stuck with the two monsters and hit hard with the WWR and shooting where needed. 

I also took in consideration to bring the palissade endless spell to block LOS. Thoughts on that? 

MixWand2000.pdf

Archived