Battalion Warscrolls

CyderPirate

Hey folks, 

I'm just getting back Fantasy/AoS and I wanted to look into some of the options available for playing my old Tzeentch-themes WoC army in AoS.  I know chaos has a few batallion warscrolls across several books, but I'm not sure which ones appear in which books. Does anyone know where I can find a decent list of the batallions and where to find them? So far, the only ones I've seen are the two in the Warscrolls Compendium on the GW site. 

They're spread across books. Some are in the Grand Alliance, others are in the campaign books.

If I recall, the app states which ones are in which book (and lets you unlock them for a fee).

If you'll be playing Matched Play (i.e. points) then not all the battalions are costed/legal. So what until Saturday, grab the book, and see what battalions are available first.

If there's a particular one you're looking for we can help further.

check the rumor section, supposedly a tzeentch release coming out this year, so i expect the options for Tzeentch will be a bit more flushed out then.

the only one worth while having tbh is the fatesworn one from everchosen as it gives you rend on all units (mounts included ) selected for the battalion, and if the unit is a multiple of 9 it gains a 6+ ward, heroes also gain a use of arcane bolt, and wizards in your army can use it twice. ( due to the rule of 1 this currently doesnt work but I suspect it'll be FaQ'd to being Battalion rules>Warscrolls>General's handbook rules sort of priority, similar to 8th edition where army books overrules the BRB) 

either way this is still good as it allows your wizards to concentrate on the spells they have rather than the arcane bolt which your normal ( combat focused lords, which makes them even more deadly now) could use

1 minute ago, CyderPirate said:

Nice! I'll check it out, thanks. One of the problems I had with the army when AoS first came out was the lack of rending, and I like the idea of being rewarded for sticking to the magic number. 

it works better with tzeentch than the other gods. but you're still paying for a guy or two which you aren't using. so for 10 chaos warriors youll pay 180 points but deploy 9. 
halberds btw i think are best if you're going to use chaos warriors with this battalion. 

That did occur to me, but I don't mind losing a bloke or two per unit if it means I can keep to the sacred number and get an alright bonus for it.

That's a good point with the halberds. The rend makes the sword/board loadout actually usable for warriors and knights, but the extra reach on the halberd would make them the go-to choice.

18 minutes ago, CyderPirate said:

That did occur to me, but I don't mind losing a bloke or two per unit if it means I can keep to the sacred number and get an alright bonus for it.

That's a good point with the halberds. The rend makes the sword/board loadout actually usable for warriors and knights, but the extra reach on the halberd would make them the go-to choice.

use the lances, while the -1 rend is wasted you still get it if charged and after the charge, plus you double your damage if you charge.

1 hour ago, CyderPirate said:

Don't forget that halberds also carry shields.  Oh and that you don't need to make units sacred for the rend - just the ward save.

Also you won't lose any models if you take a unit of 90.  You would be the most favored of Tzeentch if you did that. xD

Unless you are playing sigmarines, not many battalions for other armies yet.  All of the books that I've collected so far have them located in the back of the book.  I have most of them, maybe I can make a general list of which army's battalion is in which book.

I am a big fan of the Bloodbound ones. 

Currently planning on using the

red headsmen

&

the gore blade warband. 

The slaughterpriest is a really strong add to help the red headmen trick work especially if they end up taking any wizards or other squishy characters. 

Dont be shy to add in a big unit of 20 horrors and a herald to a tzeench force they give a nice ranged element that can buff with mystic shield if not being used by any one else or arcane bolt for extra damage and with addition on blue and brimstone horrors (awaiting points) are very survivable

Archived