Malign Sorcery AMA

ianob

14 hours ago, ianob said:

It doesn’t work like this. Setting up a model is not “measuring spell range”. The Umbral Spellportal is very specific in what it let’s you do, it doesn’t let you “measure any distance from the portal instead of the wizard”, it lets you measure only range and visibility.

Unless you’ve seen an official source that says different?

Well hush my mouth I thought casting took place from the mirror but you’re right, the spells must be set up within x of the wizard...only if they end within 6” of a portal can they travel...

well that just makes me sad

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, ianob said:

It doesn’t work like this. Setting up a model is not “measuring spell range”. The Umbral Spellportal is very specific in what it let’s you do, it doesn’t let you “measure any distance from the portal instead of the wizard”, it lets you measure only range and visibility.

Unless you’ve seen an official source that says different?

It really isn't clear whether endless spells have range or not.  There is not a standard terminology on spells for range.  People used the old Balewind to double summoning range and the wording on v1 summons is the same as that of endless spells other than the addition of "wholly."  

I certainly think it would be best for the game if you can't use the portal, but it really deserves a clarification from GW.

Archived