Points Changes

On 6/21/2018 at 10:09 PM, Mayple said:

What do you have your eyes on? :)

Nothing in particular yet for the Age of Sigmar system.
I basically hope I'm wrong with my first analysis and can continue to play Khorne in a semi competitive scene. 

Failing that, I think Daughters of Khaine can continue the slaughter and I am interested in that army too from a visual perspective and I like the focus they have on a single leader fleshed out. It's also Order so I know it will be a good army under GW's current design team ;) 

At the same time Fyreslayers are the other Berserkers I really like, but I havn't found any news on them yet. So feel free to inform me on those two :D 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Killax said:

Nothing in particular yet for the Age of Sigmar system.
I basically hope I'm wrong with my first analysis and can continue to play Khorne in a semi competitive scene. 

Failing that, I think Daughters of Khaine can continue the slaughter and I am interested in that army too from a visual perspective and I like the focus they have on a single leader fleshed out. It's also Order so I know it will be a good army under GW's current design team ;) 

At the same time Fyreslayers are the other Berserkers I really like, but I havn't found any news on them yet. So feel free to inform me on those two :D 

Nice! I don't think you'll be disappointed regardless of which of those choices you go for :) Blood for the blood go-.. I mean, Khaine.

I don't have any experience fighting against Daughters of Khaine, but I can tell you about Fyreslayers. 

First off, they're surprisingly tanky, and can probably rival other tank armies for pure resilience. They've got consistent damage output due to this, and some crazy cheap good heroes (Grimwrath Berserker being an exceptional combat hero) - Everything they have has some form of short range throwing attack, which really adds up. Their main thing is their runic empowerment thingy, which can really mix things up. For instance, one of them gives all Fyreslayers +4 move until next hero phase, and if you roll a 6 on that rune roll, they also get +4 to charge.

This is all balanced out by their very (4) slow movement in general, and short threat range outside of deepstriking. A Fyreslayer unit far out of position will likely never reach combat, or they do, but too late.

I've only fought against them, but I can tell you that they can take a lot of beating, and never yield. (Interestingly enough, their Magmadroths are less resilient than their infantry) - Fyreslayers are a bit more point expensive in the new edition, but they were underpriced in the previous one so it adds up.

As far as Daughters of Khaine goes, I don't know much, but I imagine they're faster, more in the spirit of fanatic bloodshed, plus some shooting. Maybe someone else has some insight there! :)

Archived