Points Changes

7 minutes ago, Zhorphorus said:

Hmm I'm not expecting a reduction but would really hope he stays at 120 max. Do you know what kind of increases we have seen with other wizards?

Spellweaver and sorceress went up by 20 points. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Dan.Ford said:

Total random point increase I think was the Lord of chaos 100 to 140!! ( Now the same points as the Mighty lord of khorne )

FYI, the Mighty Lord of Khorne went down 20 to 120pts. 

On 6/16/2018 at 8:53 PM, heywoah_twitch said:

I must apologize that I was adding humorous interpretation and it was not a quote, more reflecting on what seems like most people's sentiments. Edit: @Deathmaster Snikch comment for instance. Although having went back to re-watch it - the actual quotes are pure comedy gold:

"Beastclaw raiders is actually just sitting right on the cusp of being awesome. What I mean is: it's awesome. In the current meta especially - if you're playing matched play, beastclaw raiders is a sorta hidden gem." 

The last year we've been regularly absent from tournaments, and when there is representation, they have done worse on average than nearly any other faction, even those without battletomes. It's aggravating to hear something so untrue about the current GHB17 meta to be honest.

He goes on to say "There was a build that did really well but then that's kinda gone away."

It's true. It was a mixed list that used bcr monsters, so not exactly BCR. It went away when d6 hero move, artefacts working on mount attacks, and stone skeleton were all nerfed, which took away our reach, consistent damage, and our ability to survive past early turn 3. It left us, essentially, an army without the bodies to win objectives, and both without good offense nor defense. The meta shifted as well, and people started realizing that thundertusks weren't actually very good against balanced armies and were easy to cripple on turn 1.

"You can get a lot of -1 to hit in a beastclaw raider army. [he talks about how good frost-wreathed ice is here]. What I think, is what we'll see, actually, is a resurgence of beastclaw raiders."

Is he referring to a thundertusk-led yeti-spam list like the one that came in 101st out of 104 players at the Cancon 2018? Or the yeti list in 145th place at Adepticon? Those are the only two notable tries at yeti lists that I know of and their results aren't encouraging. 

Everyone hated playing against beastclaw when it was good (but not the best). This is no reason to leave them in the dumpster. Change the abilities people hate (frost-wreathed ice), and give us viable stuff to play with in exchange. Apologies for the mini-rant.

I too got really excited by the marketting teams comments about "warscroll updates" and "everything without summoning getting significant points reductions"... but so far it seems like they only looked at the top 10-20 competitive lists.

I have like 5k of nicely painted BCR too, I'd try sell them on ebay, but with their current place in the meta i doubt i'd get $20 for them.

1 minute ago, maximum_pants said:

I too got really excited by the marketting teams comments about "warscroll updates" and "everything without summoning getting significant points reductions"... but so far it seems like they only looked at the top 10-20 competitive lists.

I have like 5k of nicely painted BCR too, I'd try sell them on ebay, but with their current place in the meta i doubt i'd get $20 for them.

Hold on to those big bois for another 2 weeks or so to discover whether they're included in the rumored warscroll/allegiance changes. It really could fix everything.

26 minutes ago, maximum_pants said:

I'll give you $25!

8 hours ago, Zhorphorus said:

Does anyone have any updates on the loremaster points?

He’s 140 

18 hours ago, Kirjava13 said:

Why in the name of Bonaparte's balls would Stormvermin of all things get a nerf, directly or otherwise? Were the top tables being overrun by Verminus lists? Have Skaven players across the Warhammer-playing world been Stormvermining their way to victory by spamming 40-strong elite units? 

Rhetorical questions, yes-yes.

Totally agree. Even the Skaven lists that did well didn’t include Stormvermin! 

Until we get an actual battletome don’t expect much love for Skaven 

23 hours ago, Kirjava13 said:

Why in the name of Bonaparte's balls would Stormvermin of all things get a nerf, directly or otherwise? Were the top tables being overrun by Verminus lists? Have Skaven players across the Warhammer-playing world been Stormvermining their way to victory by spamming 40-strong elite units? 

Rhetorical questions, yes-yes.

Sigmar wrote the rules himself. He's tired of Skaven. If only it were The Age of Vermintide instead... A new Skaven every week. Clan Moulder would be working overtime. 

On 6/17/2018 at 3:05 AM, Deathmaster Snikch said:

Apparently plague priests have gone up to 100 though I can’t confirm with a source. The foulrain has reportedly come down but I’m not sure about any others 

for the rest of Skaven I know the deceiver has gone down and so has the warbringer 

Theres been some change to Stormvermin and I was hoping for a points decrease as they’re waaaay too expensive even with their horde discount but apparently they’ve gone from max unit size 40 to 30 which is bad because they need to outnumber to hit hard 

We’ll see. The faction focus couldn’t really tell us much so excited to see what’s in the book 

There were a lot of command traits from the warbringer, warlord and more which I think could buff a group of stormvermin to godly proportions. Remember now that you could use all the traits, they could have come off being pretty strong.

On 6/18/2018 at 1:47 PM, Kugane said:

Sigmar wrote the rules himself. He's tired of Skaven. If only it were The Age of Vermintide instead... A new Skaven every week. Clan Moulder would be working overtime. 

I think Sigmar took Valten's Skaven complaints into account lol. 
But in the larger context:

AoS kinda felt like I should be playing Order or Chaos anyway.

AoS2 kinda feels like I should be playing Order or Death anyway.

So I guess it's time to make a new account, name and start the fun all over again ;) 

On 6/20/2018 at 11:48 AM, Killax said:

I think Sigmar took Valten's Skaven complaints into account lol. 
But in the larger context:

So I guess it's time to make a new account, name and start the fun all over again ;) 

What do you have your eyes on? :)

On 6/20/2018 at 10:48 AM, Killax said:

Since the GA books came out ive played with Stormcasts, Freeguild, Dispossessed, Kharadrons, mixed Order/Chaos/Destruction/Death, Bloodbound, Khorne, Hosts of Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness, Beastclaws, Gutbusters, Ironjaws, Moonclan, Flesh Eaters, Deathrattle, Host of Nagash and Legion of Night, not to mention a plethora of allies, and using AoS rules for old wfb armies for world that was battles. I totally recommend trying out as many factions as you can, that way you're always finding new ways to have fun!

I have concluded that there has to have been a mistake or typo with the Stormvermin points. They are 10/30, 140/500. This makes no sense, as it is cheaper to take them at their original price, their Massive Regiment "bonus" actually being 80 points more expensive! C'mon G-Dubz, proof read your book if I'm paying fifty quid for it.

3 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

I have concluded that there has to have been a mistake or typo with the Stormvermin points. They are 10/30, 140/500. This makes no sense, as it is cheaper to take them at their original price, their Massive Regiment "bonus" actually being 80 points more expensive! C'mon G-Dubz, proof read your book if I'm paying fifty quid for it.

We believe it's 140/400.

2 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

Since the GA books came out ive played with Stormcasts, Freeguild, Dispossessed, Kharadrons, mixed Order/Chaos/Destruction/Death, Bloodbound, Khorne, Hosts of Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness, Beastclaws, Gutbusters, Ironjaws, Moonclan, Flesh Eaters, Deathrattle, Host of Nagash and Legion of Night, not to mention a plethora of allies, and using AoS rules for old wfb armies for world that was battles. I totally recommend trying out as many factions as you can, that way you're always finding new ways to have fun!

One does have to win in the lottery to do that though.

Did the cost of mournfangs stay the same, or did they go up?

1 hour ago, Kirjava13 said:

The book is £20 ;)

1 hour ago, MrZakalwe said:

He's decent but he's not 140 points decent. Guess I'll need to find alternatives for my lists. 

Loremaster 100 or 140 points doesn't matter that much. What matters is the point cost and efficiency of the miniature he is going to buff. There is no real substitute to a guy who gives reroll to hit and to wound at the same time all by himself.

1 hour ago, Kirjava13 said:

I think the error is most likely that they are 10/40, and the 140/500 point totals are correct. If it were 400, that would be a very small 20 point horde bonus (which makes little sense into 3 blocks of 10), while the 40 max would be a horde discount of 60 points. 

Archived