WHQ and Soul Wars

Mr. White

It seems even a few WD adventures with some undead adversaries would be a nice add for WHQ players. It could double as more advertisement for the Soul Wars narrative and give us undead adversaries that we can use to create other scenarios with.

Hopefully, some month GW will have some pages they need to fill in WD and will include more WHQ content. It wouldn't take much.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Circus of Paint said:

I might take a stab at drafting some more Adversary rules, for those lovely upcoming Nighthaunt!

My main hurdle will be to work out a good way to represent their ethereal nature, maybe a flat 5+ / 6+ to ignore each point of damage?

Scroll down near the bottom of this link. They have created a few undead adversaries you may be able to use for inspiration.

https://manticoredesign.wordpress.com/category/warhammer-quest/

Huzzah!

To summarise from what the preview image reads;

Exotic Adversaries (Nighthaunt)

Chainrasps

Bladegheist Revenants

Spirit Torment

Heroes (2 x Nighthaunt, 2 x Stormcast Eternals)

Knight of Shrouds

Lord Executioner

Lord-Exorcist

Knight-Incantor

-

A good start but obviously lots of gaps from the rest of the Soul Wars set that could be filled in by the community. Anyone for that amazing Sequitor-Prime as a Hero? ?

Has anyone else read through this month's Quest coverage?

I was surprised by the low numbers needed for groups of Chainrasp and Bladegheist Revenants.

I also found the wording of the Knight-Incantor's Spirit Flask attack a bit ambiguous - but I think on reflection it simply means each adjacent model takes 1 Damage on a 2+. 

1 hour ago, Circus of Paint said:

Has anyone else read through this month's Quest coverage?

I was surprised by the low numbers needed for groups of Chainrasp and Bladegheist Revenants.

So, what are the numbers for those of us who haven’t picked up the issue yet?

Inquiring minds want to know!

45 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

So, what are the numbers for those of us who haven’t picked up the issue yet?

Inquiring minds want to know!

1 Spirit Torment, 5 Chainrasps, 3 Bladegheist Revenants.

It does kinda make sense because their Ethereal rule seems quite potent.

Meanwhile, the Lord Executioner hero seems rather strong - good thing I have the model for it already!

Archived