Books vs. App Which Wording?

FullMetalRPG

Question

Hey guys, on the thread I started about Nurgle army composition, it turns out that there are some different wordings between what's written in Grand Alliance Chaos and what's on the Plaguebearer warscroll in the app. I imagine that the Plaguebearers are not the only instance of this. As of right now I'm using the app exclusively as my FLGS works to get me a copy of the GAC book.

My question is: which wording do we use? It sounds to me like the wording in GAC is actually much better for me, but @James McPherson was suggesting that the Plaguebearer warscroll as it appears on my app may be out of date. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, and it's all up to date. Who has the final word on which ruleset we use? Is this another thing that we should be discussing before play begins?

Thanks for you help everyone!

11 answers to this question

was this about the locus ability? I use a copy of the Grand Alliance: Chaos book for my Chaos warscrolls , which mentions the locus abilties of all Nurgle Daemons are triggered by anything with the 'Nurgle' 'Daemon' 'Hero' keywords. 

It doesn't make sense to change to this new rule upon the release of the GA:Chaos book, from the old legacy wording, then change it back to the legacy wording again on the app.

The app has the old legacy Plaguebearer warscroll on it. Probably because there hasn't been a 'Nurgle Daemons Battletome' so they haven't seen the need to update it since its original launch.

Normally I would always follow the app for latest versions as this is auto updated weekly I'd imagine. But in this case the GA : Chaos rule is much better & I think it looks like a mistake so def some kind of errata / faq question to put to GW.

The current FAQ states this on duplicate warscrolls

Q: If I have two different warscrolls for the same unit, can I choose which to use, or must I use the most recently published version? A: You can choose which warscroll to use, but it may be more convenient for your opponent if you use the most recently published version, especially if the earlier version is no longer readily available.

I would argue that the Chaos:GA warscroll is newer, because that publication came after the legacy warscroll publications (which came in the first week of AOS) but that's just my opinion.

Use the book, the app is buggy and needs a massive look into.

There is quite a lot of units which are incorrect.

Skarbrands file is corrupt for me, as are a few others from order, it regularly fails to load purchases, warscrolls or save my battle list. 

Hard to trust it when it's not working right

@Shane I just checked the GW page and it has what must be the newer warscroll, the one that @James McPherson is talking about with the expanded Locus of Fecundity. I only just got into AoS, so I have no perspective on which ones are new and which ones are old. Thank's Shane for pointing me at the webpage, I had never noticed that pdf link on the right before. Problem solved! Plaguebearers are much better than I thought based on the app! Thanks guys!

Archived