Two years ago, I started collecting Sylvaneth and Blades of Khorne for AoS. Despite the fact that I play miniature games for more than 10 years, Sylvaneth are my first fully painted army (unlike some of my Warmachine stuff that has been sitting half-painted for years) - there's just a handful of models left to finish. I really like the look of the models and I had a lot of fun painting this army. During the next few weeks, I will post the pictures of my painted Sylvaneth models, as well as some of the stuff that I'm currently painting.

So, let's kick this off with my Sylvaneth Wildwood:

forest.jpg

forest2.jpg

forest3.jpg

Edited by Painbringer
  • Like 13

17 minutes ago, Curry_Supreme said:

Looking great! I really want to know how you painted and made the bases? They look straight out of a children’s fairytale book!

Hey, that was actually one of my inspirations :D I wanted to achieve something like that! 

Regarding the process, here's how it was done: 

• Cover the bas with wood glue
  • Cover parts of the base with Ash Grey flock and the rest with Field Grass flock (both from Army Painter)
  • Add mix of Meadow, Summer, Patchy and Daffodil tufts (all from Warlord Games)
  • I need to add some details here and there (some of the bases are not finished yet)
Edited by Painbringer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Stefankemp said:

Really looking nice! Care to shed any light on the colours you used for that mottled look on the Wyldwood base?

It's been some time since I've painted this, but if I remember correctly, this was the process (unless stated otherwise, all colours are Vallejo colours):

• Everything was primed white 
  • Whole base was covered with Khaki, then washed with Sepia Wash
  •  A bit of Brown Ink was added to some parts of the base (around the roots/broken branches, for example)
  • Parts of the base have been lightly drybrushed with Khaki
  • "Grassy" parts were drybrushed with Camouflage Green and then washed with Green Wash
  • Rocks were painted with Stonewall Gray (I think), then washed with GW Nuln Oil 
  • Rocks were then drybrushed with Stonewall Gray and Dead White

I hope this helps! 

Edited by Painbringer
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Recently, I've decided to add some Wanderer allies to my Sylvaneth force. However, soon after that, I decided to build a small Wanderer army :D Since I don't have much time to paint recently, I'm mostly focusing on heroes. When it comes to units, I found a small studio that does commisions - and I am very happy with both quality and price.

Below, you can see Nomad Prince that was painted by me (keep in mind that I managed to break smaller set of antlers when I was assembling the mini, so I improvised):

n1.jpg

n2.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 3 months later...

Recently I bought Alariele the Everqueen - and now my Sylvaneth army is completed (I really cannot see myself buying anythng else at this moment). Right now, I'm painting some Khorne stuff (that's my second army), but I expect to finish that soon, so I can start painting Alarielle during December.

IMG_0772.JPG.9cacca6265923b33df3fe29d1cc9cbeb.JPG

Edited by Painbringer
  • Like 1

Besides Sylvaneth, I also play Blades of Khorne. However, a lot of my Khorne stuff (Bloodreavrs, Blood Warriors and Skullcrushers) has been painted for me, since I really don't have time to paint everything. What I wanted to paint myself were heroes, monsters and bloodletters (since they have an easy paint scheme and I enjoy painting them :D). This morning, I have finished Skarbrand, so you can take a look at this bad boy:

IMG_0794.JPG.6f01978230bd70d5591877439fc00c30.JPGIMG_0795.JPG.aff621bd8b932025fdefe3d6afdb26e1.JPGIMG_0793.JPG.92dac46ae91731d81cba4935fbfe36b4.JPGIMG_0792.JPG.2cba76e3a3ad6c944f087e3e08e46898.JPGIMG_0790.JPG.1070be02436ac94c2388219a54005999.JPG

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Recenlty, I've bought some Khorne minis and had a few extra Blood Warriors. So, I decided to convert them a bit. These models are going to be used for my Skirmish games (as well as some AoS 28 games). The extra parts come from Skullcrusher and Skullreaper kits and the head for the leader is actually a Dryad head :D The last miniature is made from Stormcast Eternal Liberator, with additional parts from Putrid Blightkings and Skullcrusher kits.

IMG_0909.JPG.8e33fe6d47b2aa82e2c77c76e03ac76f.JPG

IMG_0907.JPG.75b2837e823a247490dcbc218e171291.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG.74dfc902ba0ada11132a86466bf22be0.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG.bc3de823e37e9de173490e2da5ecf99f.JPG

Edited by Painbringer
  • Like 2