Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

Speaking of allies for Stormcasts,
 does someone have any advice about mages from EC and Collegium :

• The archmage (on steed) gives your army a 6++ on 18" bubble around her.
  • The Ember wiz gives +1 to wound (on dracoths?) in combat phase.
  • Let's go crazy, the hurricanum in an Aetherstrike Force.
  • The global inclusion of Mistic shield and Arcane bolt.
  • Others...

Don't know if bad good idea or not.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm definitely going to use the Archmage occasionally at 2K. That's a decent-sized bubble and another layer of protection for my outnumbered army, many of whom will have 2+ or 3+ save rerolling 1s. Maybe it's going overboard, but I like to indulge a "fortress mentality" sometimes.

4 hours ago, kozokus said:

Speaking of allies for Stormcasts,
 does someone have any advice about mages from EC and Collegium :

• The archmage (on steed) gives your army a 6++ on 18" bubble around her.
  • The Ember wiz gives +1 to wound (on dracoths?) in combat phase.
  • Let's go crazy, the hurricanum in an Aetherstrike Force.
  • The global inclusion of Mistic shield and Arcane bolt.
  • Others...

Don't know if bad good idea or not.

Loremaster - for reroll all failed to hits and to wounds (casting on a 5), might be a good combination with the Knight Venator's special arrow.. Then only to get through an armor save.

1 hour ago, Payce said:

Has anyone seen the top lists from Blackout yet? I hear musings of Skyborne Slayers being played, but no concrete lists. Any help appreciated.

The two top SCE lists are Skyborn slayers for Ricky Mee

SBS 240

• Lord Celestant - mirrorshield/staunchdefender 100
  • Lord relictor - chariot 80
  • Knight velator - Luckstone 120
  • Lord castellan 100
  • 1 gryphound 40
  • 2X5 liberators 200
  • 2X5 Judicators 320
  • 10 Protectors  400
  • 10 DECIMATOOOOORS 400

And for Les Martin, the usual, unchanged from GHB 2016

• LCOSD 560 staunchdefender mirroshield?
  • Venator - 120
  • Heraldor120
  • Castellan 100
  • Relictor - Chariot? 80
  • 5 Liberators 100
  • 2X5 Judicators 320
  • 3 Prosecutors Javelins 100
  • 2X2 Fulminators 480

Not sure about the artifact on that list. He play that list, unchanged from tournaments to tournaments with great results each time. Some tried to copy it but with mitiged results so we can guess the skill of the pilot is very important here. The passage to GHB 2017 removes 40 points from LCOSD but added 20 to the Prosecutors so.. no change.

Les Martin, if you read me, i reaaaaaly like to know how you play that one. Teach us :)

Just tinkering a bit with a list (not having the book at hand, so no items set yet)

Idea with this list..

(together with model availability, having none of the vanguard chamber units yet and no stardrakes.. would need to get my hands on a Loremaster though, but that should be easier then stardrakes and bigger units per my finances)

Get some movability in with the hammerstrike battalion by being able to get paladins where they are needed. Get some shooting in with the Prosecutors, Judicators and Venator aided by the Loremaster which will also provide the needed magical abilities / defense. Together with the LCoD and Tempestors for some hard hitting ability. The Freeguild Guard is a cheap option to get some bodies stuck on objectives together with the liberators.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- General
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Dracoth Trait: Keen-clawed
Knight-Venator (120)
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Bless Weapons
Loremaster (100)

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
20 x Freeguild Guard (160)

Units
2 x Tempestors (220)
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (100)
- 1x Stormsurge Tridents
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
- 1x Starsoul Maces
5 x Paladin Decimators (200)
- 1x Starsoul Maces

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (220)

Total: 2000/2000

Any ideas /critics on this build?

2 hours ago, StealthKnightSteg said:

Just tinkering a bit with a list (not having the book at hand, so no items set yet)

Idea with this list..

(together with model availability, having none of the vanguard chamber units yet and no stardrakes.. would need to get my hands on a Loremaster though, but that should be easier then stardrakes and bigger units per my finances)

Get some movability in with the hammerstrike battalion by being able to get paladins where they are needed. Get some shooting in with the Prosecutors, Judicators and Venator aided by the Loremaster which will also provide the needed magical abilities / defense. Together with the LCoD and Tempestors for some hard hitting ability. The Freeguild Guard is a cheap option to get some bodies stuck on objectives together with the liberators.

Leaders
- General
- Dracoth Trait: Keen-clawed
Knight-Venator (120)
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Bless Weapons
Loremaster (100)

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
20 x Freeguild Guard (160)

Units
2 x Tempestors (220)
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (100)
- 1x Stormsurge Tridents
- 1x Starsoul Maces
5 x Paladin Decimators (200)
- 1x Starsoul Maces

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (220)

Total: 2000/2000

Any ideas /critics on this build?

I would swap the Loremaster for Mistweaver Saih and the tempestors for fulminators. The loremaster buff is really not that great on the LoCD and he'll get outrun pretty quickly. Saih adds about as much damage with her mortal wound spell, can camp out with the objective grabbers for no real loss, and is 20pts cheaper.

As for bodies on objectives, I think skinks are about the best game in town. 5+ save in cover with immunity to rend -1 and a 16" 3+(4+) 5+ shooting attack and the ability to retreat out of combat for free. You can take 20 for 40pts cheaper than freeguild guard. If you keep the tempestors but swap to Saih you can take 30. Wait, just noticed no castellant...

K so here's my proposed list for you:

Leaders
Lord-Castellant (100)
- Artefact: Featherfoe Torc 
Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- General
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Trait: Staunch Defender 
- Artefact: Mirrorshield 
- Dracoth Trait: Keen-clawed
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Lightning Chariot
Mistweaver Saih (80)

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
40 x Skinks (200)
- Boltspitters & Star Bucklers

Units
2 x Tempestors (220)
5 x Paladin Decimators (200)
- 1x Starsoul Maces
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
- 2x Starsoul Maces
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (100)
- 1x Stormsurge Tridents

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (220)

Total: 2000/2000

Hello! In october i ll go to a tournament and i need some advices on my list..

Lord-Celestant (100)
- General
- Command Trait : Staunch Defender
- Artefact : Gift of the Six Smiths
- Dracoth Trait : Drake-kin
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer : Abjuration
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer : Bless Weapons
Units
5 x Judicators (160)
-Skybolt Bows
- 1 x Shockbolt Bows
5 x Liberators (100)
-Warhammer & Shield
- 2 x Starsoul Maces
- 2 x Starsoul Maces
3 x Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (100)
Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (220)

1500/1500

In my collection i also have 10/15 liberator, 3 prosecutors, 5 retributors, lord vexillor and lord castellant...

1 hour ago, BURF1 said:

I would swap the Loremaster for Mistweaver Saih and the tempestors for fulminators. The loremaster buff is really not that great on the LoCD and he'll get outrun pretty quickly. Saih adds about as much damage with her mortal wound spell, can camp out with the objective grabbers for no real loss, and is 20pts cheaper.

As for bodies on objectives, I think skinks are about the best game in town. 5+ save in cover with immunity to rend -1 and a 16" 3+(4+) 5+ shooting attack and the ability to retreat out of combat for free. You can take 20 for 40pts cheaper than freeguild guard. If you keep the tempestors but swap to Saih you can take 30. Wait, just noticed no castellant...

K so here's my proposed list for you:

Leaders
Lord-Castellant (100)
- Artefact: Featherfoe Torc 
Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- General
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Trait: Staunch Defender 
- Artefact: Mirrorshield 
- Dracoth Trait: Keen-clawed
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Lightning Chariot
Mistweaver Saih (80)

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
40 x Skinks (200)
- Boltspitters & Star Bucklers

Units
2 x Tempestors (220)
5 x Paladin Decimators (200)
- 1x Starsoul Maces
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
- 2x Starsoul Maces
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (100)
- 1x Stormsurge Tridents

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (220)

Total: 2000/2000

Thanks for the feedback, but I wasn't looking at the Loremaster together with the LoCD but with the Knight Venator to make him a character sniper. adding the mirrorshield maybe on the Venator. But I'll look at the Mistweaver.

Also I have no access to skinks (unless I proxy the very very very old bow skinks from 5th ed for it), hence why I choose the Freeguild Guard of which I have enough :)

If I would do the Mirrorshield on the Venator, would the Drakescale Armour be good on the LoCD?

Also the Relictor would be more an asset to the defending part of the army, so would bless weapons not be more beneficial than plopping 1 maybe 2 units around with Lightning Chariot?

8 hours ago, kozokus said:

SBS 240

• Lord castellan 100
  • 1 gryphound 40
  • 2X5 liberators 200
  • 2X5 Judicators 320
  • 10 Protectors  400
  • 10 DECIMATOOOOORS 400

• Venator - 120
  • Heraldor120
  • Castellan 100
  • Relictor - Chariot? 80
  • 5 Liberators 100
  • 2X5 Judicators 320
  • 2X2 Fulminators 480

Not sure about the artifact on that list. He play that list, unchanged from tournaments to tournaments with great results each time. Some tried to copy it but with mitiged results so we can guess the skill of the pilot is very important here. The passage to GHB 2017 removes 40 points from LCOSD but added 20 to the Prosecutors so.. no change.

Les Martin, if you read me, i reaaaaaly like to know how you play that one. Teach us :)

I really want to know why 2 unit of 2 fulminators and not a full unit of 4. a 4 man unit seems easier to buff with heraldor or castellant

10 hours ago, kozokus said:

SBS 240

• Lord castellan 100
  • 1 gryphound 40
  • 2X5 liberators 200
  • 2X5 Judicators 320
  • 10 Protectors  400
  • 10 DECIMATOOOOORS 400

• Venator - 120
  • Heraldor120
  • Castellan 100
  • Relictor - Chariot? 80
  • 5 Liberators 100
  • 2X5 Judicators 320
  • 2X2 Fulminators 480

Les Martin's list is almost identical to mine. Just played a three round event this weekend and tabled all three opponents by the bottom of turn 3

Okay Guys!

I made my topice here, but I am a little excited for a new game  so i will ask here also.

I need competitive 2k lists for Stormcast based around Vanguard Chamber and Retributors. Dracothian Guard of all kinds is good, but please no Stardrake (too pricey for my student wallet for now).

I'm just looking for guidance on my way forward into this game.

Been playing wargames long and even 9th Age but I want to try our Sigmar's Boys'n Blue!

Currently I have 2 Retributors from easy to build and Blightwar is on it's way to me.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Varred

3 hours ago, Varred said:

Okay Guys!

I made my topice here, but I am a little excited for a new game  so i will ask here also.

I need competitive 2k lists for Stormcast based around Vanguard Chamber and Retributors. Dracothian Guard of all kinds is good, but please no Stardrake (too pricey for my student wallet for now).

I'm just looking for guidance on my way forward into this game.

Been playing wargames long and even 9th Age but I want to try our Sigmar's Boys'n Blue!

Currently I have 2 Retributors from easy to build and Blightwar is on it's way to me.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Varred

I'll open by saying it's a bit bad mannered to say 'make my army for me!' Without offering at least a starting list but I'll let it go 'cause you're new lol.

You getting blightwar? Great! Grab a Second one, A lord Aquilor, a Lord Relictor and 5 liberators from the starter.

Lord Aquilor General Mirrorshield Staunch Defender                   200pts

Relictor: Featherfate Tore 80pts

Neave Blacktalon                  120pts

2x5 Vanguard hunters      240

1x5 Liberators                        100

1x6 Palladors                             440

1x6 Raptors with longstrikes 360

1x3 Aetherwings                   60

Blightwar Battalion              160

That's 1800pts using models you should be able to grab for relatively cheap that are pretty effective. You can use the last 200 to take allies, add more flavor SC units, etc. You can also rejigger the battleline, judicators are great, liberators are cheap. 

Not really impressed by Neave Blacktalon. She miss the compass thing and is not a Vanguard hunter for the purpose of Lord Aquilor Shenanigans.

Her only hope to do her job (murder heroes) is to get to the ennemy the old way, one foot after another. Sure you can make her run like the wind with chocobos, but oyu have to survive une turn after that (or two) .

Did i miss something with her?

1 hour ago, kozokus said:

Not really impressed by Neave Blacktalon. She miss the compass thing and is not a Vanguard hunter for the purpose of Lord Aquilor Shenanigans.

Her only hope to do her job (murder heroes) is to get to the ennemy the old way, one foot after another. Sure you can make her run like the wind with chocobos, but oyu have to survive une turn after that (or two) .

Did i miss something with her?

I haven't looked at the warscroll since it was released, but doesn't she hitch hike onto units using compass?

6 hours ago, Burf said:

I'll open by saying it's a bit bad mannered to say 'make my army for me!' Without offering at least a starting list but I'll let it go 'cause you're new lol.

You getting blightwar? Great! Grab a Second one, A lord Aquilor, a Lord Relictor and 5 liberators from the starter.

Lord Aquilor General Mirrorshield Staunch Defender                   200pts

Relictor: Featherfate Tore 80pts

Neave Blacktalon                  120pts

2x5 Vanguard hunters      240

1x5 Liberators                        100

1x6 Palladors                             440

1x6 Raptors with longstrikes 360

1x3 Aetherwings                   60

Blightwar Battalion              160

That's 1800pts using models you should be able to grab for relatively cheap that are pretty effective. You can use the last 200 to take allies, add more flavor SC units, etc. You can also rejigger the battleline, judicators are great, liberators are cheap. 

You see. That attitude from the opening was totally unnecesarry. I will probably build the army myself all the same. Just wanted to get some ideas on what to buy.

Probably i will get second unit of Palladors and Raptors in the aftermarket and swap one unit of hunters for liberators, although i am not sure how battalions work so it might not be possible.

And there is this thing with Neave which tells me i must paint her in Hammers of Sigmar. Is it really like that? Will anyone have a problem with her painted to suit my army?

Also at first I was thinking about battlelin consisting of: 2x5 Liberators with Hammers and Shields and 1x10 Judicators with bows. But that means Blightwar Battalion goes out of the window.

Any ideas around that?

19 minutes ago, kozokus said:

Nope :( only make the 6D6 movement to accompagn Gryph chargers, unable to charge after. Can only run'n'gun

Well, thats a bit balls then, hope you roll good on those 6D6, get in to combat and stay in combats so you can't get shot xD 

So much for Master Assassin, Tenebral Shard is still the king of surprise.

19 minutes ago, Nubgan said:

Well, thats a bit balls then, hope you roll good on those 6D6, get in to combat and stay in combats so you can't get shot xD 

So much for Master Assassin, Tenebral Shard is still the king of surprise.

I think the play is to run her alongside a Lord-Aquillor with Staunch Defender and two units of Palladors, and then you fly them all up the table together (large number of dice should average out to a similar result). End result is two heroes with 2+ and 6 medium cavalry with 3+ saves hopefully shooting in the middle of enemy lines. Then, either charge the next turn or eat the enemy charge with high wounds and good saves, and watch while the LA and Neave blend whatever gets in. 

Doubt it's as effective as other options, but that's how I would play it.

Aside, anyone done allies yet? Experiences?

On 05/09/2017 at 3:07 PM, kozokus said:

SBS 240

• Lord castellan 100
  • 1 gryphound 40
  • 2X5 liberators 200
  • 2X5 Judicators 320
  • 10 Protectors  400
  • 10 DECIMATOOOOORS 400

• Venator - 120
  • Heraldor120
  • Castellan 100
  • Relictor - Chariot? 80
  • 5 Liberators 100
  • 2X5 Judicators 320
  • 2X2 Fulminators 480

Hey man,

if I get chance later I'll sit down and write how I play it.

a lot of the way I play is down to knowing what the Drake can and can't fight.

this comes from experience I'm on 208 games with SCE now and I've been playing this list on and off since warlords.

im happy to answer any questions you might have though :) 

51 minutes ago, Lez said:

Hey man,

if I get chance later I'll sit down and write how I play it.

a lot of the way I play is down to knowing what the Drake can and can't fight.

this comes from experience I'm on 208 games with SCE now and I've been playing this list on and off since warlords.

im happy to answer any questions you might have though :) 

I've always liked your lists and I've almost the models to run almost the same (would run the same if I could). 

I'm missing 2 fulminators and I'm thinking of just opting for 2 tempestors. Would you feel that I should still take a single unit 2 fulminators?

Would running a LCoD in place of 2 fulminators have the same kind of impact and use in your list or is the extra ranged save part of what keeps them durable?

3 hours ago, Requizen said:

I think the play is to run her alongside a Lord-Aquillor with Staunch Defender and two units of Palladors, and then you fly them all up the table together (large number of dice should average out to a similar result). End result is two heroes with 2+ and 6 medium cavalry with 3+ saves hopefully shooting in the middle of enemy lines. Then, either charge the next turn or eat the enemy charge with high wounds and good saves, and watch while the LA and Neave blend whatever gets in. 

Doubt it's as effective as other options, but that's how I would play it.

Aside, anyone done allies yet? Experiences?

I think neave is sort of a 'bet it all on 13' type character. You basically bum rush with the taxi-cab move when you've got the bottom of the turn and pray for the double. That said, she does move 11"(she's 100% only worth it if she's in the battalion) and she's statistically going to do 9 wounds to a 4+ save character or 7 ish to a 3+ save character so she's no joke if she gets in.

I really wanna try double consumate Celestants with Loremaster and blessed weapons with her. Get a Vexilor banner and go for the 9" charge. It'd work 1 out of every 100 times and would totally gimp your list but man...Hitting on 2s rerolling, generating extra attacks on 3s twice and rerolling to wound, statistically she'd ace a bloodthirster with enough damage left to take a decent chunk out of a bloodstoker.

30 x liberators 520 pts
5 x judicators skybolt bow 160 pts
3x3 prosecutor with javelins 300 pts
vanguard wing 200 pts

vanguard wing total points = 1180

lord celestant 100 staunch et mirror shield
lord castellant 100 lott
lord relictor bw 80      1460
 judicator  160   1620
fuminator 240  1860
knght heraldor 120

i feel like playing this list would be really overall in a tournament i wonder what you guys think of it?

Archived