Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

6 hours ago, BURF1 said:

Drop the Paladins and Palladors for Fulminators and more Longstrikes or Fulminators and tempestors.

Agreed. Palladors really need the LA to truly shine, and Paladins need multiple mobility options (hammerstrike, 2x Relictors, etc).

I would also drop the prosecutors honestly.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AverageBoss said:

Agreed. Palladors really need the LA to truly shine, and Paladins need multiple mobility options (hammerstrike, 2x Relictors, etc).

I would also drop the prosecutors honestly.

The other thing you could do is drop the paladins and prosecutors and take the blightwar battalion, but that works better with a different hero setup

I'm slowly working on building up my Stormcast army, I've got the starter box, the Start Collecting box, the Hammerstrike Brethren box, a box of paladins, and I managed to find a copy of the Battleforce box recently as well. So I've got some way to go still with all the Vanguard units and Judicators as well. However, I'm wondering about the heroes if I keep buying boxes like this. I've seen quite a few lists with more than one copy of some of the heroes, so I wanted to ask you guys which heroes do you think it makes sense to have multiples of?

For instance if I buy the Order Allies box, I get another copy of the Knight-Azyros. Is that useful?

1 hour ago, Memnoch said:

I'm slowly working on building up my Stormcast army, I've got the starter box, the Start Collecting box, the Hammerstrike Brethren box, a box of paladins, and I managed to find a copy of the Battleforce box recently as well. So I've got some way to go still with all the Vanguard units and Judicators as well. However, I'm wondering about the heroes if I keep buying boxes like this. I've seen quite a few lists with more than one copy of some of the heroes, so I wanted to ask you guys which heroes do you think it makes sense to have multiples of?

For instance if I buy the Order Allies box, I get another copy of the Knight-Azyros. Is that useful?

You can build him as the alternative, the Knight Venator, and have two different heroes. It's a good idea.

1 minute ago, DanielFM said:

You can build him as the alternative, the Knight Venator, and have two different heroes. It's a good idea.

Very good point!

My question about heroes in general still stands though, which heroes is good to have multiples of, if any?

14 minutes ago, Memnoch said:

Very good point!

My question about heroes in general still stands though, which heroes is good to have multiples of, if any?

I'm also starting to build a SCE army and I've seen many people using 2 Lord Relictors. I've just got another one at eBay. Going to try both together soon.

20 minutes ago, Memnoch said:

Very good point!

Knight Heraldor, Stardrake, Lord Aquilor(For double truffle shuffle), Maybe Relictor, Maybe Castellant.

Biggest factors in multiples are:

Is there value in doubling that particular battlefield role (does their function stack)?

Is there some form of exclusive choice in the warscroll (don't count artefacts as that's not practical in most lists)?

Can you afford multiples without putting too much of a points burden on the rest of your force?

Is the unit strong even without factoring in the 3 questions above?

The relictor is a YES for all these and, for me, that's why multiple Relictor make the most sense in a list.

I don't even think 3 is OTT depending on what you usually take hero-wise in a list (a lot of GHB2016 lists were just Castellant and Celestant for instance). If there were customisable kits for relictors I'd try a list with 6 I kid you not.

Most other heroes are a yes for 3 of 4 tops - a lot are just 2 and some even 1.

The Castellant and Heraldor are good alternative choices as they're 3 of 4 .

6 hours ago, Kako said:
7 hours ago, DanielFM said:

Very good point!

I second @Turragor.  Relictors are definitely worth having more than one of.

I would also throw in the Venator.  He's basically a mobile artillery piece.  

So, I think I will try a variant of the list that placed 3rd in Heat 2, which was:

LCoSD
Castellant
Relictor
Heraldor
Venator
5x Liberators
5x Judicators
5x Judicators
2x Fulminators
2x Fulminators
3x Javelin Prosecutors

At the time it was 2000 points exact. Now, due to points changes in the Prosecutors and LCoSD, the list comes out to 1980. So what I am thinking of, is merging the 4 Fulminators into one unit, dropping the Venator and Prosecutors, and adding in the now cheaper Tempestors. List is still 1980, so might get a triumph to boot.

5 hours ago, Let's 'ere it for da boyz! said:

12 hours ago, Kako said:
12 hours ago, DanielFM said:

Very good point!

I second @Turragor.  Relictors are definitely worth having more than one of.

I would also throw in the Venator.  He's basically a mobile artillery piece.  

The one I would take in multiples is the Castellant - his Warding Lantern ability is the best. It is a mystic shield on steroids: 1) it is automatic and cannot be unbounded, 2) it has the potential to heal. Ideally, I would like to field 3 of them...

So I'm looking to do a vanguard style list using the Blightwar box, I've got lord aquilor (general), Knight venator and neave so was wondering what command ability and artifacts people recommend? (I'm using the new box set battalion so 2 artifacts)

Was thinking staunch defender, mirrorshield and keen-clawed for the aquilor and luckstone on the venator. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Zhorphorus said:

So I'm looking to do a vanguard style list using the Blightwar box, I've got lord aquilor (general), Knight venator and neave so was wondering what command ability and artifacts people recommend? (I'm using the new box set battalion so 2 artifacts)

Was thinking staunch defender, mirrorshield and keen-clawed for the aquilor and luckstone on the venator. Thoughts?

I like it, but I'm not a fan of Keen Clawed on Gryph-chargers. The advantage is minimal vs rend -2. 

19 hours ago, Snoe said:

Has anyone got the new Blightwars-box? In the description it says that you get allegiance abillitys for both forces, is the SCE ones the same as in the Battletome or do we get Vanguard allegiance abillitys?

Cheers

Same as battletome.

Want to share my Vanguard Wing List with you, i played it today for the first time vs a FEC Deatchwatch, it was a great succes:

Allegiance: Order
Lord-Celestant (100)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender 
- Artefact: Armor of Silvered Sigmarite 
Lord-Castellant (100)
- Artefact: Featherfoe Torc 
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Bless Weapons
Lord-Relictor (80)
Knight-Azyros (80)
30 x Liberators (520)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 6x Grandhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
2 x Tempestors (220)
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (100)
3 x Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (100)
- 1x Grandhammers
Vanguard Wing (200)

Total: 2000/2000

Buffed up Liberators are real killers i noticed, especially the 6 Grandhammerers. If you get Bless Weapons of only one time, they hit thanks to Lord Celestant and Lay low the Tyrants on 2+ generate extra attack on 4+, and do an additional wound roll on 4+. Thats easily over 20 woundrolls only for the 6 Grandhammers. I could reach easily everything first turn. Battleshocktests are a big problem i have to solve.

Do you have any ideas on how to improve this list? Ofc i would like to play only Prosecutors with Javelins, but i lack the models.

I was thinking of adding a Hurricanum to buff the Liberators and even the Judicators even further. But that would cost one Relictor, Azyros and the Tempestors.

Another option would be to increase the Battalions Judicators.

Edit: I would also like to know, what do you think is nemesis to this list?

To the previous poster, hurricanum is too slow, you'll be constantly leaving it behind. Also, now that they're the same price Hammers and Javelins are pretty interchangeable tbh. Your big problems will be heavy shooting/mortal wounds and anything with a 2+ or better save.

hello SCE bros,

I have a AOS starter with the bloodbound, 15 judicators and a box of additional liberators 

I literally have no idea where to even start re: if what i have is any good, what are my next steps, what works well together

i guess it depends on my play style/ what i want to achieve which i get but where do i start to learn?

What appeals to me would deffs be the flexibility of the army, vanguard wing seems rad af, fulminators seem super cool

should i just build towards a battalion i like or what do people think?

14 hours ago, boombyeyeah said:

Want to share my Vanguard Wing List with you, i played it today for the first time vs a FEC Deatchwatch, it was a great succes:

Allegiance: Order
Lord-Celestant (100)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender 
- Artefact: Armor of Silvered Sigmarite 
Lord-Castellant (100)
- Artefact: Featherfoe Torc 
Lord-Relictor (80)
Lord-Relictor (80)
Knight-Azyros (80)
30 x Liberators (520)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 6x Grandhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
2 x Tempestors (220)
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (100)
- 1x Grandhammers
Vanguard Wing (200)

Total: 2000/2000

Buffed up Liberators are real killers i noticed, especially the 6 Grandhammerers. If you get Bless Weapons of only one time, they hit thanks to Lord Celestant and Lay low the Tyrants on 2+ generate extra attack on 4+, and do an additional wound roll on 4+. Thats easily over 20 woundrolls only for the 6 Grandhammers. I could reach easily everything first turn. Battleshocktests are a big problem i have to solve.

Do you have any ideas on how to improve this list? Ofc i would like to play only Prosecutors with Javelins, but i lack the models.

I was thinking of adding a Hurricanum to buff the Liberators and even the Judicators even further. But that would cost one Relictor, Azyros and the Tempestors.

Another option would be to increase the Battalions Judicators.

Edit: I would also like to know, what do you think is nemesis to this list?

you could kick out the castellant and add a lord celestant. Use consummate commander as a command trait instead of staunch defender. So you'll be able to stack 2 time the lord celestant ability (+2 TO HIT) or use it + inspiring presence. However, you will loose staunch defender and the warding lantern, so it's loosing defense for gaining offense. Maybe you would kick the tempestor out for the points....

3 hours ago, Josh said:

hello SCE bros,

I have a AOS starter with the bloodbound, 15 judicators and a box of additional liberators 

I literally have no idea where to even start re: if what i have is any good, what are my next steps, what works well together

i guess it depends on my play style/ what i want to achieve which i get but where do i start to learn?

What appeals to me would deffs be the flexibility of the army, vanguard wing seems rad af, fulminators seem super cool

should i just build towards a battalion i like or what do people think?

Get a shield for the Dracoth.

Go with bows for the Judicators, putting the special bow on all three primes.

Hammers are usually considered better on Judicators. Put grand hammers on your Primes (this will require some conversion work for your starter box prime).

Grab a Start collecting box. This will get you some more troops and 2 more Retributors to have a full minimum squad. Out of the 5 you now have, replace their hammer heads with mace heads (you will have to do some more minor conversion/kit bashing). Do NOT put the maces on the primes for any paladin unit. Also, I believe there will be some extra round shields from the Prosecutors you could use for the Dracoth above.

That should be more than enough for you to work with for now. After that, you could expand any direction you want. Pick up some Dracoths if you want Fulminators/Tempestors. You could buy some Paladin kits for Protectors. Pick up a Blightwar box if you want lots of Vanguard units. You would also get alot of Nurgle stuff, so either more to trade, or add to your Bloodbound for a combined Chaos army.

@ledha thanks, didnt think of consumate commander, way cheaper than a hurricanum. I will do some testing and try to figure out if the extra damage is worth sacreficing the 2+ save.

Thinking about consumate commander, Vandus Hammerhand could also be good damage boost, 50% more attacks might be better than +1 hit even with blessed weapons.

@eduboy I really like the tempestors, the -1 hit debuff is very usefull.

3 hours ago, eduboy said:

Which dracoths are way to go now? I have unopened box and planning to build it soon.

tempestors and fulminators

Desolators need to be in BIG units, which is impossible to do without great sacrifice in a 2000 pts game. Concussor are awesome, but VERY expensive. If your opponent have mortal wound, it's lot of points easy to kill for him.

Tesmpestors and fukminators are the best because they are :

1) cheaper. 220 pts and 240, against the 280 pts of the concussor and the "need a big unit" of the desolators. Tempestor work better by 2, and fulminator in unit of 4 (but they are still very good at 2)

2) best ranged attack. Seriously. 1D3 attack who make a mortal wound at 6" range and 2 in melee ? It's downright absurd. A unit will put between 4 and 6 mortal wound with ease. And it combo extremely weel with a azyros (reroll 1 to hit at range). 

3) the tempestor have a VERY NICE and easy to put -1 to hit on their target, which help a lot against the ennemy. Bloodletters with a -1 to hit are less intimidating, as well as skyfire or every big unit with a 4+ to hit who count on he saturation of many attacks

4) the fulminators are the heavy cavalry everyone want to be. Fast. Very sturdy (2+ rerollable 1 against shooting attacks ? YES PLEASE). And a rend-1 damage 3 weapon in melee make them absolutely murderous in charge. And if the ennemy tarpit them in melee, then he is for a world of pain with the ranged attack. No one like to be charged by them, and even when charged and stuck down in melee, they will do their job.

5) they work in the same battalion, the lightning echelon. Ok, it's VERY expensive, but tempestor with the fulminator bonus save is good, and the second charge is godlike. The ennemy bogged down in melee after charging you in his turn ? No problem, just charge trough it. Or you can charge a unit, then charge a second time, making you able to cross a great distance and say hello to his backline.

If you want a lord celestant, give him the lightning hammer. It's a premium retributor hammer who make 2 mortal wound on a 6 to hit but which don't stop your attack, so you can make the wound roll after for more damage. AND IT'S FORBID THE ENNEMY UNIT TO PILE IN. Charge a corner of a big horde melee unit and watch your opponent cry while the lord celestant kill it turn after turn while only a handful of models in the unit can retaliate.

6 hours ago, ledha said:

tempestors and fulminators

Desolators need to be in BIG units, which is impossible to do without great sacrifice in a 2000 pts game. Concussor are awesome, but VERY expensive. If your opponent have mortal wound, it's lot of points easy to kill for him.

Tesmpestors and fukminators are the best because they are :

1) cheaper. 220 pts and 240, against the 280 pts of the concussor and the "need a big unit" of the desolators. Tempestor work better by 2, and fulminator in unit of 4 (but they are still very good at 2)

2) best ranged attack. Seriously. 1D3 attack who make a mortal wound at 6" range and 2 in melee ? It's downright absurd. A unit will put between 4 and 6 mortal wound with ease. And it combo extremely weel with a azyros (reroll 1 to hit at range). 

3) the tempestor have a VERY NICE and easy to put -1 to hit on their target, which help a lot against the ennemy. Bloodletters with a -1 to hit are less intimidating, as well as skyfire or every big unit with a 4+ to hit who count on he saturation of many attacks

4) the fulminators are the heavy cavalry everyone want to be. Fast. Very sturdy (2+ rerollable 1 against shooting attacks ? YES PLEASE). And a rend-1 damage 3 weapon in melee make them absolutely murderous in charge. And if the ennemy tarpit them in melee, then he is for a world of pain with the ranged attack. No one like to be charged by them, and even when charged and stuck down in melee, they will do their job.

5) they work in the same battalion, the lightning echelon. Ok, it's VERY expensive, but tempestor with the fulminator bonus save is good, and the second charge is godlike. The ennemy bogged down in melee after charging you in his turn ? No problem, just charge trough it. Or you can charge a unit, then charge a second time, making you able to cross a great distance and say hello to his backline.

If you want a lord celestant, give him the lightning hammer. It's a premium retributor hammer who make 2 mortal wound on a 6 to hit but which don't stop your attack, so you can make the wound roll after for more damage. AND IT'S FORBID THE ENNEMY UNIT TO PILE IN. Charge a corner of a big horde melee unit and watch your opponent cry while the lord celestant kill it turn after turn while only a handful of models in the unit can retaliate.

I think Concussors are more worth it under the perspective of getting +1 to hit from a Drakesworn Templar for sweet mortal wounds. Still expensive, but better

Archived